Volume 1: The Bahamut Emperor, Prologue
138 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello all. This is my first post of my work in this site. I still learning how to use this site. This is the beginning of the series of novel title Leaders 101. Do enjoy.

To read the next chapter ahead of anybody, please join my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/blitzdragonlord

By the way, leave some comments below.

 

Prologue

Gi-Teraze Kingdom, Frontier Village: Ron Village, inside a forest

A young girl running in the forest. She was running with her younger sister.

            The reason why both of them were running is that behind them, 2 armoured knights were chasing after both of them. The 2 girls were running with all their might.

One could tell what happens if both of them get captured by the knights.

In the stroke of bad luck, her younger sister suddenly fell. She broke her ankle.

            Her sister had no choice but to protect her from the 2 knights. The 2 knights that were chasing them suddenly stop right behind them. One of the 2 knights raised his sword ready to strike at the girl’s back. Even before that, the girl was already injured at her back caused by the same sword by the same knight. Flesh could be seen from her back and blood was dripping out from it caused by the wound. Her younger sister was trembling in fear while hugging her.

            To have mercy was to take away a life in a single strike. Struck by the sunlight, the sword glistened high up in the air.

She knows that once the sword strikes her on the back, she will immediately die but her face shows that she is unlikely to accept her fate.

“Your time is up women!” Said one of the knights with an angry tone.

“Kill both of them”. Said the other knight.

A feeling of anger poured into her heart as she heard what the 2 knights were saying. If she would follow her heart, she would like to kill the 2 knights that were standing behind her.

But-

-what could she do about it. She couldn’t do anything about it due to her injury and she was hugging her sister tightly while showing her back to the enemy.

Her only hope is that somebody would come and save her and her sister.

“Please. Somebody, anybody. Please save us.”

She thinks in her mind.

The sword struck down with a force that would instantly kill but-

-she did not feel any pain.

            How could someone not feel pain after being struck down by a sword that was designed to kill?

The reason was very simple.

            The sword that was supposed to strike her on the back just stop just a few centimetres from her. She also doesn’t know the reason why because she was closing her eyes in fear.

            Suddenly, “huh?” She heard one of the 2 knight’s gasps in surprise. But she doesn’t know what happens because she was closing both of her eyes.

            However, her instinct tells her that something was going on. She wanted to know what was happening so-

-she braves herself and opens both of her eyes.

            What she saw was that the gazed of the 2 knights has shifted to look at another thing. The 2 knights were frozen in place like they were encased with ice.

            The 2 knights were looking at something right in front of her. She also shifted her line of sight too.

And the moment she turns her line of sight-

-she saw despair.

What she saw was-

“-a black space?”

That was the first thing she had thought when she saw what was in front of her.

            The thing that she saw right in front of her was like a vortex. The vortex was similar to a whirlpool in an ocean. However, unlike any other vortex that was light blue, the vortex that she saw was pure black. The blackness of the colour seems to be cut off from the night of the sky.  The purple colour electric current could be seen inside the vortex. The black vortex was floating in the air, nearly touching the dirt on the ground.

Her heartbeat once more, her thought was verified right.

And then, something came out from the black vortex.

*Thump*, she could hear the sound of huge footsteps.

The instant she realized what it was-

“Eeegh!”

-The girl let out a dry shriek.

 

            Right in front of the 2 girls and the 2 knights, a tall man stood like a sturdy wall in front of them. The height of the man easily surpassed the 2 knights. One could say that the man was about nine feet tall with a perfectly built body. He wore a jet black cloth with numerous silver buttons on the middle along with long sleeves with 3 golden buttons on the end of each sleeve. Numerous badges with various shapes and sizes covered his chest. The badges had a variety of colours but were mostly were silver and gold. On both of his shoulders, 10 golden stars lined up in a row could be seen glistened by the sun. He also wore a jet black cloak. The black cloak was fluttering, blown away by the wind. Two large swords covered by their sheath was tucked in his waist.

            The man also wore black gloves on both of his hands and adorned it with five rings (three on his right and two on his left) on his fingers. He also held a long golden sceptre in his left hand. At the head of the sceptre, there is a symbol, one which resembled the one on his ring. The sceptre gave off a royal-like aura upon its wielder. Upon his head, he wore a black hat, with a golden ornate around it. The number 101 could be seen at the middle front of the hat. The man also wore a pair of jet black boots that match his overall attire.

            The skin on the man face was pale white with short black hair. His eyelashes are quite long and his eyes were red. To summarise his appearance in full, it is a very good looking one and also fearsome. He’s looking at both of the girls with a serious expression.

Because the man looks at the two girls with such an expression, the two girls couldn’t calm down. Of course, that was not the only reason. The other reason is that the man has two pairs of large wings on his back. One pair of wings is like dragon wings while the other pair is a white feathery wing.

 The knights are feeling very terrified by the appearance of the mysterious man.

The man turned his gaze from the 2 girls and look upon the 2 knights.

The way he looks at the 2 knights is like a predator looking at his prey.

Does an unknown monster has finally come to take my life? The girl thought that way.

            The man extended his right hand, reached out and pointed — not at the girls, but at the knight, as if to grab something.

She wanted to stop looking but she was too scared to do so. Then-

[Soul Crusher]

            The mysterious man made a clenching motion, and a loud metallic noise rang right next to the girl. ­

            The metallic noise came from one of the knights that have just dropped down to the ground like a puppet whose string has been cut.

The knight did not stand back up.

It is an indication that he was already dead.

There is no doubt about it, he was already dead.

           The danger that has almost claimed the girl’s life has evaporated. However, this was not the time for a celebration. The man that stalked her has had a menacing aura surrounding him ever since he appeared.

The man advanced slowly towards the girl, who watched him with terrified eyes.

The figure of the man in her field of vision grew ever larger than before.

Is he going to kill me as well?

As the girl thought this, she holds her sister tightly to herself.

The idea of escaping has no longer existed in her mind.

            If her opponent were simple human, she might be able to cling to some faint of hope and try desperately to struggle for her life. But the being before her shattered that hope like glass has been broken.

Please, let me die without pain. That was all the girl could hope for.

            Her shuddering younger sister hugged her tightly. All she could do was forgive herself for being weak and not being able to protect her sister’s life. She prayed for her sister that she will not be alone as they went to the afterlife, for the reason they would be travelling there together.

But then, something happening and that is—

 

 

3