Chapter 2: The Armed Forces of the Guild and the Departure: Part 2
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
For some reason, I just love Russian tank design.

Part 2

Underground Level 22: Army Base

Situated just below the Naval Base, level 22 contains a large army base that houses tons of magical and conventional weapons that can be used by the Schutzstaffel SS forces. Said weapons such as tanks, guns, artillery, missiles, armoured personnel carriers, battle walkers, and others like logistical support vehicles. Ground attack helicopters, other helicopters, ground-attack aircraft, transport aircraft, and reconnaissance drones can also be seen lining up side by side facing a very long runway. Multiple large hangars can be seen in the background.

Usually, the army base and air force base are separated but in this case, it is different. The helicopters and the aircraft on this floor are not part of the air force but they are part of the army aviation.

An army aviation unit is an aviation-related unit of a nation's army or guild, sometimes described as an air corps. These units are generally separate from a nation's dedicated air force, and usually comprise helicopters and light support fixed-wing aircraft. Prior to the establishment of separate national air forces, many armies had military aviation units, which as the importance of aviation increased, were spun off into independent services. As the separation between a nation's army and air force led to a divergence of priorities, many armies sought to re-establish their own aviation branches to best serve their own organic tactical needs.

This underground floor is among the seven most massive and widest floors In the Great Palace of Eclipse. The ceiling of the floor is about 7 kilometres in height. In fact, the seven most massive and widest floors in the underground palace have exactly the same height. While the diameter of the seven-floor was almost as far as the eye can see.

The man’s eye is currently looking at the thousands of Schutzstaffel SS lining up side by side at a nearby boot camp. All of them are standing at attention with arms behind. One of the Schutzstaffel is standing in front of the formation. This is the leader of the said formation. In this army base alone, they are nine formations of Schutzstaffel SS at the ready for any given order. Each formation has one thousand Schutzstaffel SS and that does not count the leader of every formation. If counting, they are nine thousand and nine Schutzstaffel SS at this base.

The Schutzstaffel SS can stand at attention for eternity if given the order to do so.

The man makes a “Heh” sound looking at this spectacular force that he currently sees.

Noticing this, Erich Von Manstein jab at the man at his waist.

“Owh! What was that for, Erich!?”

“Are you not happy or what with that ‘heh’ just now, Reichenau?”

“What? I’m happy of course! Who wouldn’t be happy seeing their creation in perfect condition?” Reichenau said that while pointing in the direction of the Schutzstaffel SS.

“Oh. Is that so? I thought it was otherwise.”

“Nonsense, Erich. That’s how I express my feeling of proudness of my creation!”

Kind of weird.

Another man standing beside Manstein said, “I must say Reichenau, when you first bring up the concept of the Schutzstaffel SS we were thought you talking about the Millennium Order guild special guard unit. However, when we look deeper into it, it’s different albeit the similarity is really close to the Millennium one.”

“Like I said Konstantin, the concept is based on them but the functionality of my Schutzstaffel SS is much more akin to a fighting army but not just a normal army, but an elite army. Unlike the Millennium special guard unit, the Schutzstaffel SS is a killing machine.”

“Not just an army now actually considering your Schutzstaffel SS has filled all of Kreuzer’s navy and Rudolf Galland’s air force crew. You managed to make the Schutzstaffel SS more diverse than we thought.” Manstein compliment Reichenau.

“Hahaha! It’s rare for any of you to compliment me. But anyway, I’m really proud of what I’m doing. I plan to expand the Schutzstaffel, to be honest.”

Konstantin and Manstein look at the Schutzstaffel and both of them thought for a bit.

He probably thought of making a marine version of it or another Special Forces type. But he already makes that type. Is he forgetting?

Among the residents that were created by Leaders 101, the Schutzstaffel SS is the most numerous one of all. None come closer to them in numbers except for the low-level undead POP monsters that the palace constantly provided. In terms of percentage, the Schutzstaffel SS occupies about seventy percent of the total residents created by Leaders 101. That’s how many they are. That’s not counted the still many Schutzstaffel SS that are still being made in the cloning facility.

By the way, the term SS is basically Super Soldier. Although back at the Millennium Order guild, the term SS is literally meaning Schutzstaffel. However, Reichenau decided to change it.

The Schutzstaffel SS were divided into level categories. Currently, there are five different levels of Schutzstaffel SS of which consist of level 55, level 65, level 70, level 75, and level 80. Their level determines their strength but this is not the case for level 75.

The first one is the level 55 Schutzstaffel, basically known as the Infantry and the most numerous of the Schutzstaffel. They possessed special abilities such as breathing fire and ice and boasted very powerful physical attributes. They have limited commander skills but they have the attack power of level 70 and defense power of level 50.

The second one is the level 65 Schutzstaffel and the second most numerous after level 55. They are known as the officer. They boasted powerful physical attributes just like level 55 albeit much stronger but have commander-type abilities instead of breathing fire and ice and can command a corps of level 55 Schutzstaffel. A corps of level 55 Schutzstaffel has around one thousand Schutzstaffel divided into four divisions with each division being commanded by one level 55 with the rank of First Lieutenant while level 65 Schutzstaffel is commanding the corps have the rank of a Colonel.

The third one is the level 70 Schutzstaffel and among the least in number compared to level 55, level 65, and level 75. If level 65 were the Colonel, level 70 are the General. They boasted powerful physical attributes but much greater than their predecessor. Level 70 commander-type abilities are also much greater than level 65 and they possessed the ability to use magic up to 8th tier. Instead of a corps, they commanded an army that consisted of four corps.

The fourth one is the level 75 Schutzstaffel and unlike level 70 and 80, they are many in numbers but not as many as level 55. Also, unlike levels 55, 65, 70, and 80 which are part of the regular armed forces, level 75 Schutzstaffel are the special ops type. They are designed to work perfectly behind enemy lines to gather information and their class is perfectly built for espionage, sabotage, reconnaissance, and assassination operation. However, in reality, they can do more than just that. They have the attack power of level 90 and the defense of a level 70. There are no specific ranks in the special ops but each squad usually has around forty-five members, depending on the mission with a captain leading them. Despite being level 75, they prove to be an extremely tough opponent for even a level 100. When attacking in a group, they utilize the wolf pack strategy to take down a much more powerful foe. Level 75 Schutzstaffel is considered to be the cream of the crops of the entirety of Schutzstaffel SS forces.

The last one or the fifth one (for now) is the level 80 Schutzstaffel and like level 70, they are the least in number among the Schutzstaffel. They boasted extremely powerful physical attributes that surpassed level 70 greatly except level 75. Their commander-type abilities are also extremely much greater than level 70 and unlike level 70 which can use magic up to 8th tier, level 80 can use magic up to 10th tier along with numerous special skills that can boost the strength of troops under their command. Instead of an army, level 80 commands an entire army group on which an army group consisted of five armies, and in that five armies has ten squads of level 75 Schutzstaffel under its disposal. Level 80 Schutzstaffel has the rank of a Field Marshal in the army, in the case of the navy is Fleet Admiral, and in the case of the air force is Supreme Air Marshal, the highest rank among the Schutzstaffel force.

Every single Schutzstaffel is granted magic items that protect them against ranged attack and mind control effects. Also, if one were to ask what kind of race is the Schutzstaffel is, the Schutzstaffel SS race is a dragonmen. However, they mostly maintained their human form almost everywhere they are stationed. This is to force the enemy to drop their guard in thinking that the Schutzstaffel is just a mere human. This tactic will not work on a foe that can identify the race of the Schutzstaffel.

To counter that, the Schutzstaffel were given another type of magical item to make their race identification more difficult by the enemies. All of the Schutzstaffel SS also wears dragon masks to cover their face. Every mask colors are different by level and also on a branch on where they serve.

For example, the level 55 army Schutzstaffel wears a green colors dragon mask while level 55 navy Schutzstaffel wears a blue ocean colors dragon mask while level 55 air force Schutzstaffel wears a white colors dragon mask.

Unlike other residents, the Schutzstaffel SS is capable of speech.

“What are you talking about Reichenau? You already make one, two, three…five! Five types of Schutzstaffel you already make, man! Not to mention that level 75 was insanely powerful when in groups. Even a single level 75 is crazy strong and a special force type on that one! Is that still not enough?” Ask Konstantin.

Level 75 Schutzstaffel was indeed insanely powerful when compared to the other level even to level 80. Some of the members seeing level 75 was too overpowered even when they were just short 25 levels from achieving level 100. This is evident when they were deployed during the defense of the guild back then.

Hearing that, Reichenau thought for a bit before answering. Then he answered.

“Truth to be told is still not enough. Yes, five types are quite the amount but…”

“But what?” It was Manstein's turn to ask.

“But I have the feeling that it’s still inadequate. I realized that they don’t have a training officer type. Currently, I have only that type to make in mind. I think?”

“You think, huh. So, who’s this training officer gonna train?”

“Perhaps the local of the New World. They will probably be people among them that want to become part of our military once we establish a nation. They need someone to train them and I can see that none of us gonna have enough time doing that. Considering most of us will be busy governing and doing other personal matters. Oh! Perhaps not just the Training Officer type that I want to make, perhaps a medic type Schutzstaffel that I would make. This one to heal injury during battle.”

The other two thought about Reichenau’s idea for a moment. From the looks of it, it makes sense to make the Training Officer type and the Medic type. Not for the Schutzstaffel of course but for the natives. Even the lowest level Schutztaffel the level 55 can heal themselves.

Those two types do have a lot of sense to make. However, we don’t think he’s the only one thinking about expanding his arsenal alone. Perhaps the others like Kreuzer and Galland are thinking the same thing. Both Manstein and Konstantin thought the same thing.

In Leaders 101, the three groups of the armed forces namely the army, navy, and air force constantly compete with each other but at the same time, they work together. Despite this, one of the members holds a great monopoly in all three branches of the military. That member is non-other than Reichenau. His Schutzstaffel is basically in all parts of the armed forces. This means he controls the manpower. A tank, ship, or aircraft that is without the crew can’t operate on itself unless they were automated like a drone. So, Reichenau is the one to provide them all with his Schutzstaffel as crews.

With this kind of monopoly over the manpower for the three branches of the military (In the future, it will have 4 branches), Reichenau would instantly become the most influential and powerful individual in the armed forces and within the guild too. Despite this, none of the other members wants to wrestle that kind of power from him. This is probably because he’s the only one that knows how to control and make the Schutzstaffel. However, little did they know that Reichenau didn’t really control the Schutzstaffel. He did make them but the one who holds the rein on the Schutzstaffel is the guild master, Armada D. Blitz.

This is a deal that Reichenau makes with the Blitz. This is in case if there is a civil war within the guild, the members can’t use the Schutzstaffel as their soldiers. The reason Armada holds the rein is because Reichenau fully knew that Armada will not pick a side in the civil war if it happens. If he does somehow take sides, the other side will capitulate immediately without any bloodshed. This just proves how absolutely powerful Armada is.

Both Manstein and Konstantin knew well about this. If Reichenau holds the rein on the Schutzstaffel instead of Armada, this would put Reichenau among the top 10 most powerful in the guild. He can win just by a sheer number of the Schutzstaffel.

“Should I add more or should I discuss first with the Blitz…”

Both Manstein and Konstantin ignore Reichenau and turn to look in a different direction. They currently looking at a bunker that is built into a hill just behind the army command building. The hill is artificially created and what is stored inside it are weapons that can bring about massive devastation. The solid steel door of the bunker has a symbol of a nuclear and beside it, a mushroom cloud symbol.

Both look at the bunker with serious expressions.

“If the world that we will be transported to turns out to be full of hostile species or countries, do you think the Blitz will allow us to use the weapons stored inside that bunker just to make a show of force?” Ask Konstantin.

“I doubt he will authorize it. You know he’s no longer the type to conduct a full-scale nuclear unless the enemy is too stubborn. So basically, I don’t think he will. Besides, what do you think the natives of the New World will view of us if we use that kind of weapon?” Manstein answered him.

“Not in a good way of course. They will probably think of us as demons or something way worse. If the natives don’t even have any knowledge regarding nuclear or anything regarding it, they will probably regard it as something like a power of the gods. Hmm, when thinking about it, I believe the concept of nuclear will be quite foreign to them.” Answered Konstantin.

“Indeed.”

Just then, Reichenau chips in.

“What are you both talking about?”

“Take a guess will you.”

Reichenau is confused by Konstantin's remarks and looks towards where both of them were looking. Then, his eyes have somewhat interesting looks in them.

“Ah, the might of a thousand sun, a nuclear weapon. So you were talking about that, huh?”

“What else we would be talking about?”

“I see. But the prospect of us using that is not there yet. Rest assured both of you. I’m pretty sure the Blitz more opts for conventional warfare in case things get nasty rather than go full nuclear. Also, there are other superweapons besides the nuclear store in there.”

“Of course. However, when you said ‘not there yet’ it gives us somewhat a bit of concern.”

“Indeed. Oh! Look at the time. We should head back to the Throne Hall now.”

Both Manstein and Konstantin look at their watch.

“Yeah. Let’s go now.”

With that said, the three of them left the Army Base. But just before that, Dietrich just arrive.

“Hey, guys! How’s the inspection going?”

Manstein and Konstantin have an annoyed expressions due to how late he is.

“You’re late dumbass! We have just finished and are about to head back to the Throne Hall!” Said Manstein with an angry tone. Konstantin was about to say the same thing but since Manstein beat him to the punch, he just kept quiet. While Reichenau just has a mischievous smile on his face.

“Cut me some slack will you, Manstein. I just got back after doing some inspection on our defence on level 4 till level 9. After done that, I decided to come here.”

“So, how is the inspection going?” This time it was Konstantin's turn to ask.

“So far nothing is abnormal at all but, at the surface level, the others reported that the sky of Terraform world is literally chaotic. They also reported seeing a black dot appearing in the far west of the sky. Quite concerning”

Hearing that, Manstein remembers something.

“Far West, huh. That is the direction of the Cthulhu Mythos World.”

“Yeah. But that is not what I am concerned about. I just hope the Blitz would not forget to retrieve 75 of our satellites currently orbiting around our world. If not, they will be reduced to dust.”

“Let’s just hope the Blitz did that before it happens. The cost of building just one satellite is going to make Zenoral scream at the top of his lung.”

When Reichenau mentioned Zenoral, the rest has a dread expression on their faces.

“Anyway, I see that you guys are just done inspecting the bunker that holds the WMD I believe.”

“Well not really inspecting, just seeing.”

“Is that so? Anyway, you’re right. Let’s head back to the Throne Hall.”

With that, the four of them head back to the Throne Hall.

Stored within the bunker were thousands upon thousands of weapons of mass destruction. Not just nuclear weapons but others as well. However, not all of the guild superweapons are stored on this level. Some are stored inside the treasury while others are at another military base within the guild. If it were to unleash upon the coming New World, it would cause an enormous amount of damage and an untold number of casualties. For now, the bombs and other superweapons were kept safe in the bunker guarded by the 1st Schutzstaffel Army along with the 1st Schutzstaffel Armoured Corps.

In addition, tanks and battle walkers of various types from the 2nd Schutzstaffel Armoured Corps and 3rd Schutzstaffel Walker Corps protect this place with the intention of not letting anyone get close to the bunker without authorization. Some of the tanks of the Leaders 101 were unique. While most were equipped with a single barrel 125 mm smoothbore gun, the unique one was equipped with a double-barrel 128 mm smoothbore gun.

While the small-sized battle walkers were equipped with twin 30mm heavy machine guns on each arm and the much larger battle walkers were equipped with twin 128mm cannon (that can be upgraded into railgun) on each arm.

Small-Sized Battle Walker

Medium-Sized Battle Walker

Most of the tanks were designed based on the Red Star Revolution guild from the Human World known as T-90 but Leaders 101 decided to improve and up-gunned it further to make it even deadlier. The T-90 has been renamed by Leaders 101 as the Kulak-18. Although the design of the tank is that of a 3rd generation main battle tank, it is still effective and Konstantin along with Manstein already has a plan to develop a much better model that will not just operate on nearly all-terrain but also with a much better offense and defence system. One such main battle tank is the 4th generation T-14 Armata main battle tank from the Russka Federation guild (a new guild after the fall of the Red Star Revolution guild), which will later be renamed by Leaders 101 as the T-21 Vasilisk.

Kulak-18

T-21 Vasilisk

The question of how Leaders 101 managed to acquire these tanks is simple. Konstantin was once a member of the Red Star Revolution guild and a member of the Russka Federation guild.

While the battle walker's designs were based on a futuristic army in games that one of the members of the guild once played. Some of these battle walkers have four-legged instead of two. Giving them an appearance like a gigantic walking mechanical mammoth.

Heavy Battle Walker

0