Chapter 2: The Armed Forces of the Guild and the Departure: Part 1
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1

Underground Level 21: Naval Base

Standing atop the highest building near the port, the navy headquarter building, he has a grin on his face as he watches the magnificent fleet of ships arrayed at the port. Numerous types of ships are present like battleships, cruisers, destroyers, submarines, and others. However, there is one type of ship that is not present.

An aircraft carrier. The crown jewel of ships and the heart of a carrier strike group and a naval fleet for any nation that possessed it. An aircraft carrier is the flagship of any naval fleet, replacing the battleship as the core force of the naval fleet.

Kreuzer has numerous aircraft carrier blueprints at his disposal and also shipyards more than large enough to construct a supercarrier. Some of the carrier blueprints are revolutionary advanced. However, when constructing a carrier, that’s just the beginning of it. He also has to think about the carrier's air wings, what type of aircraft that the carrier has to carry, and how many of them. He also has to think of the carrier defence. Carrier also must have a weapon to protect themselves. They can’t rely on the escort alone. Propulsion of the carrier. Engines too. Maintenance also has to come to mind. Especially maintenance. Not to mention also the materials that need to build the carrier.

Basically operating even a single carrier is not cheap. Especially a supercarrier.

All of that caused him headaches before. Previously, he decided to temporarily halt the carrier project since the guild defences during the time rely upon the bombardment from battleships, cruisers, and destroyers alongside missile strikes from the fleet via portal to pin down the enemy. However, Kreuzer and others still conducted numerous new tech experiments that can be put on a carrier once the opportunity is present.

Now after Armada’s announcement, the opportunity to build the carriers can resume once again. But first, he must choose which is the most feasible and more practical but also powerful in appearance.

He then shifted his gaze from the fleet arrayed at the port to the numerous blueprints present at the table.

Which one is better? This one? Nah. Too small. Perhaps this one. Nah. Too impractical. Ah! This one is perfect and this one too. Better show these two blueprints to the Blitz during the next meeting to get the approval for construction.

He grins further as he looks at the blueprint and the prospect for him to acquire a carrier strike group is not too far distant soon. All he needs are the materials need to build it.

“Can you please wipe that creepy grin off your face? It sends shivers down my spine.”

“Eh? Ah! Sorry. I couldn’t help grinning when thinking about my dream of getting a carrier will come to fruition, Bayern.”

The man that is currently talking to him right now is named Bayern. He is what is called by many a Naval Expert. He excels in naval warfare and knows what type of strategy to use in certain naval engagements. He is Kreuzer’s close advisor but within the guild, all of them are equal.

“Look, I can understand your excitement but do we have to build it now?” Bayern ask.

“What? No, we don’t build it now. We have to get the green light from the man in charge first then we can build it. Also, we need to look first at what kind of place we will be transported to and if we got transport somewhere that is far away from the ocean like saying in the middle of the desert, this project would be useless. But all in all, I believe the Blitz will give me the green light.”

“Not so easy actually, since you have to consider a protest from Zenoral. He’s very picky about an expensive project that has the probability that is not going to work. Besides, you also said just now that we need have a look first at where we will be transported to. It’s also best not to mention the word ‘desert’ during the meeting as it will give Zenoral the ammunition to strike at you.” Another person besides Bayern name Kretschmer spoke. He’s a man known as Shark of the Sea. He commands fleets of submarines only. So far, they are seven fleets of submarines that have been formed with each fleet having about twelve submarines.

During the defence of the guild back in the day, his submarine fleet is tasked to ambush the intruders from an unsuspecting place by launching a special kind of torpedo that can move on land in a similar way it can move through the water. This torpedo can penetrate a potent magical shield and also has a way to counter any projectiles either magic or not that is trying to stop it. This torpedo is the brainchild of multiple people.

“I know that of course. I really can’t understand why he’s always being picky about money. We have tons of money to blow anyway. This is even more so with the procurement of that infinite resources global class item.”

“Probably because he has to record every spending made by us and from what I heard, he knows what it’s like to be bankrupt. Anyway, so you have chosen that type of carrier to be present to the man in charge during the next meeting?” Bayern ask.

“For me this is ok, but do both of you have any other type in mind?” Kreuzer asks Bayern and Kretschmer. Since Bayern is his advisor, he probably has a better type of carrier in mind. Kretschmer is more familiar with submarines, but sometimes he could give good advice too.

Both were looking at the blueprint and thinking about which one is better. Then both of them eye one of the blueprints. They look at each other and nodded.

“We pick this one.” Bayern and Kretschmer pointed at one of the blueprints. Kreuzer look at it and smiled.

“An amphibious one then. Not bad. Although I must say that you can pick other types too to diversify our carriers.”

“Is that so, as you wish then.” Bayern and Kretschmer look back at the blueprints once again. Then both pointed at a different blueprint. Kreuzer looks at both blueprints.

“The special type carrier and a heavy carrier huh. That’s interesting. Then both of you can pick this and present it at the next meeting.”

“Alright then.” Said both of them.

“Then let’s head back to-“

Before Bayern could finish, another person comes in. Three of them look at him.

This person has quite a large physique. Bulky is much better to describe and quite tall too albeit shorter if compared to the Blitz. He has a trident on his right hand that he held tightly. If one looks closely, gills can be seen behind his ears. His entire body is soaking wet.

“Jobs done.” Said the man with an intimidating tone but none in the room were bothered by it. They are already used to it.

“Is that so? No abnormalities to any of the ships?” Ask Kreuzer.

“None at all, admiral.” That man replies with a somewhat sarcastic tone this time.

“Good. That is good, Nassau.” Kreuzer didn’t really bother by his sarcastic tone.

That is that man’s name. Nassau or his full name is Nassau Drachen. Among the top ten most powerful members, he’s in number five. His species is a dreadnought, a gargantuan powerful sea monster that fears almost nothing. Most sea monsters are nothing more than just feral beasts and very few of them can become highly intelligent akin to that of a human. Nassau is one of the exceptions.

If one knows Nassau’s true form, one would wonder why he’s in number five, not number two or one. The thing is that evaluation is done based on if they do combat at land. If they do combat at the ocean, Nassau could easily be at the second spot. But why not one? Well, the first spot is being held by Armada D. Blitz. For that, it answers immediately why. Armada can fight at land, sea, and air with no trouble at all. Hell, the Blitz could even fight at a place where there is no air too.

Basically, Nassau’s true power awakens when the battlefield is taken place at the ocean or any body of water that is large enough to accommodate his true form. However, even if there is no water present, he is still quite powerful. But if there is a presence of water even if just a little bit, it could change the tide in his favour.

Nassau was just finished checking every ship at the port. Kreuzer asks him to do so and he just does it without protest.

“You surely do a good job there, Nassau. By the way, dry yourself up, will you. We need to head back to the throne hall.” Said Kretschmer.

“Fine then, Mr. Shark.” There’s a reason why Nassau called Kretschmer shark. It will be explained later.

Nassau immediately dries himself up by using magic. The spell he used is known as ‘Dry’. It can be used to dry oneself or dry cloth. It’s a tier-one spell. The lowest of the tier of magic. For a greater version of the dry spell ‘Greater Dry’, one must have to master a tier two magic. For Leaders 101, every member has mastered the magic till the tenth tier.

“Done. So, let’s go then. The dragon is waiting.” The dragon Nassau refers to is Armada.

“Yeah, let’s go. We got twenty minutes before the transfer according to the Blitz.” Said Kretschmer.

However, Kreuzer is not heading toward the exit but he’s heading toward the balcony of the building.

“You guys wait for me outside, I’m currently filling my sight with this magnificent scene.”

The three look at each other and nodded.

“As you wish then, great admiral.” The three exit the room, leaving Kreuzer alone on the balcony. He’s currently looking at his proud fleet.

“What a fleet we have at our disposal here. That one is clearly more intimidating than the rest.”

The ‘that one’ he refers to is at a certain battleship. The most powerful one, so far. Build by the guild. The name of that ship is-

“Germania. A beast of a battleship that is made from high-quality materials. I remember that day when I designed you. Haa~, such a good memory.”

Germania. The lead ship of her class. So far the most powerful battleship and it’s second only to the guild global class item apocalypse battleship named Gotterdammerung 2. Germania is categorized as a superheavy-battleship.

Germania battleship design is based on the Aryan Realm guild H-class battleship project. Germania is based on the latest one of the H-class. The H-44.

Unlike the H-44, Germania-class are armed with much more advanced armaments, sensors, and processing systems, and much more heavily armoured.

Specification of Germania:

  • Length: 375.7 meters
  • Width: 57.7 meters
  • Displacement: 151,000 tons
  • Draft: 14.7 meters
  • Engine: Solar Core
  • Speed: 40 knots

Germania-Class

The engine of Germania is one of the most powerful and unique types of all. Instead of a conventional type engine or nuclear reactor like other ships, it used a solar core. Solar core is basically a small synthetic star the size of a bowling ball. This solar core is usually used in space ship but Kreuzer has the idea to miniaturize it and put it on his ship. The idea is theoretically plausible as said by the guild expert scientist Einstein Tsuyoshi. The reason for that is that he doesn’t want his ships to be dependent on oils. Some also suggest using nuclear. Although it’s a good idea, it lacks the energy to power up the massive railgun on the ship. So, how to solve all this? They simply have to make a synthetic star. It’s actually much more costly and difficult to make in comparison to nuclear but for him, it’s worth it since synthetic stars carry the energy almost similar to a literal star.

He remembers the furious Zenoral shouting and ranting at him about it’s cheaper to use nuclear or use oil than to make a synthetic star but he back down because the Blitz back Kreuzer on this project with one condition of course. He has to make it a success. He did it of course with some help from Einstein Tsuyoshi and the Blitz himself.

Germania’s armaments are also quite potent. Her primary armaments are 4 X triple 20.1-inch main gun and 2 X triple 18.1-inch railgun. The 20.1-inch main gun fire numerous types of shells and among them an earthquake-type shell where the shell will produce an earthquake measuring at 7 to 8 Richter scale. This shell is useful against a large area of a target. The 18.1-inch railgun fire a projectile that normally does not contain explosives, instead of relying on the projectile's high speed, mass, and kinetic energy to inflict massive damage.

The battleship secondary armaments are comprised of 6 X twin-turret 7-inch guns and 10 X twin-turret 5-inch guns. The 5-inch gun also functions as an anti-aircraft gun. Besides the 5-inch gun, its anti-aircraft armaments also consist of an 8 X twin-turret 30mm laser CIWS gun. The ship is also equipped with a 4 X 5 25-inch torpedo that has a range of 20 kilometres.

For beyond visual range engagement, Germania is equipped with quite numerous VLS missiles that can strike a surface target, air targets, and can also be used as anti-submarine warfare. The one that can strike surface targets is the 24 X VLS Punisher class anti-ship missile, the anti-air missile is the 48 X VLS Shooting Star class anti-air missile, and the anti-submarine missile (will use the 24 X VLS as the missile can be changed to an anti-submarine missile if needed) is the Seeker class anti-submarine missile.

All of this is of course not the entirety of Germania’s weaponry.

Due to the existence of the bottomless resources global class item, Germania’s ammunition will be self-replenish no matter where the ship goes because not just Germania but every ship within the fleet ammunition are self-replenish due to the ammunition inventory on each ship connected to the bottomless resources global class item.  

Kreuzer grinned as he looks at Germania. Hundreds if not thousands of Schutzstaffel SS lining up beside the ship as if they were on standby. They are the crew of the ships.

Currently, there are about 7 ships in her class. All have the same weaponry. Kreuzer was planning to build more of it but he realized that he should probably stop at 7 only.

7 is enough for now. Hmm…I just realize something. I don’t have any battlecruiser. I’m probably gonna need some soon as carrier escort. But…Zenoral is not going to be happy. Well, he’s always given the green light despite constant opposition.

Kreuzer’s fleet has battleships but no battlecruiser. The difference between battleship and battlecruiser is that battleship is heavily armoured while battlecruiser is built for speed, so it is lightly armoured. They were similar in displacement, armament, and cost to battleships, but differed in form and balance of attributes.

Besides Germania, there were also other battleships like the Otto-class which have a displacement of 55,000 tons, Alexander-class which have a displacement of 60,000 tons, and 4 other classes of battleship like the Dimitri-class, Joseph-class, Giovanni-class, and Wagner-class which have a displacement between 40,000 tons and 80,000 tons. Germania-class is the only battleship to exceed 100,000 tons.

All in all, Kreuzer has 36 battleships with 7 from Germania-class, 5 from-Otto class, 5 from Alexander-class, 3 from Dimitri-class, 4 from Joseph-class, 3 from Giovanni-class, and 9 from Wagner-class.

                                                                                                                    

Otto-Class

Alexander-Class

Dimitri-Class

Joseph-Class

Giovanni-Class

Wagner-Class

Besides the numerous battleships, they were also numerous heavy cruisers and light cruisers too at the massive naval base with the heavy cruiser displacement ranging from 10,000 to 18,000 tons while the light cruiser displacement ranging from 9,000 to 12,000 tons. Currently, he has about 55 cruisers in total with 20 of them being heavy cruisers and 35 of them being light cruisers.

Then they were the numerous destroyers that make the bulk of the fleet. All of Kreuzer’s destroyer ships came from the same class known as the V-01-class. Currently, he has about 120 ships in the class. The destroyer displacement is around 9,000 tons and is almost similar in size to the light cruiser albeit a bit shorter in length and similar or lighter in weight.

Except for the Germania class battleship, the rest of Kreuzer’s fleet used nuclear reactors as engines to propel the ships and generate electricity. This also includes the fleets of submarines.

On the submarine side, Kreuzer has about 84 submarines of two types. One is the ballistic missile type nuclear submarine and the other is the attack type nuclear submarine. This submarine fleet however is not really under Kreuzer’s command but under the direct command of Kretschmer. Kretschmer works under Kreuzer but both are equal in terms of ranking.

Besides the battleships, cruisers, destroyers, and submarines Kreuzer also has in his inventory a lot of other types of ships as support ships like supply ships, tankers, freighters, hospital ships, submarine rescue ships, and others. The support ships were numerous in numbers and somehow all of them can fit in the underground Naval Base. This is because the diameter of the floor is as far as the eye can see.

Every single one of Kreuzer’s combat ship's weaponry used the latest and more advanced Aegis Combat System or ACS while the submarine fleets used a different kind of combat system.

Then he shifted his sight upon a large submarine belonging to Kretschmer. They were about 24 submarines of that class.

I believe that the submarine class is based on the design from the Red Star Revolution guild back on the human world. If I recalled…what’s the name of it? Ah! Typhoon-class submarine or the Project 941 Akula! But Kretschmer demanded that his submarine be a bit larger. Huh! Well, from what I see, a bit larger? You should have said, much larger.

The original Typhoon-class submarine or the Project 941 Akula is 175 meters long, with a width of 23 meters, and with a draught of 12 meters. Kretschmer submarine named Megalodon based on the Typhoon is 250 meters long, with a width of 35 meters, and with a draught of 18 meters. Despite its size, it has a top speed of 24 knots when surfaced and 30 knots when submerged. Megalodon like Germania is the lead ship of her class. The submarine despite its size also is among the stealthiest and the propulsion of the sub was extremely silent.

Megalodon-Class

The Megalodon-class submarine is the ballistic missile submarine.

As mentioned way earlier, Kretschmer possessed 84 submarines in total. The rest of the remaining 60 submarines is attack submarine or hunter-killer submarine.

Kreuzer then shifted his gaze from the Megalodon submarine to look at the much smaller submarine, the 60 attack submarine.

The attack submarine design is based on the United Shining Star guild Virginia-class submarine now renamed for Leaders 101 as Orca-class. The general characteristics of the sub are almost similar but the Orca-class is much longer at 150 meters long, with a width of 15 meters, and with a draught of 6 meters. The top speed of the Orca-class when surfaced is 25 knots and when submerge is 35 knots.

Orca-Class

Kreuzer looks down from the balcony and saw that Bayern and Nassau are currently listening to Kretschmer talking while also pointing at Megalodon.

Probably telling them what’s next to upgrade or something else. Hmmm. Anyway, I shouldn’t let them wait for too long.

With that in mind, Kreuzer walks out of the navy headquarter building while also holding the carrier blueprint. He has high hope that the Blitz will agree with his proposal. But he also needs to be prepared to face Zenoral’s wrath too. Before he heads out just now, Kreuzer also picks up a few other warship types to be presented to Blitz. He then put the blueprints in his pocket dimension.

Hope this will go well…if not, I will have to rethink back my strategy going forward.

1