Chapter 19: The Trial
149 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other customers had finished their meals, but stayed to watch the show. After realizing that they couldn’t break free, the Ben & Dan clan members started to panic. Especially the leaders of the clans since they were mid-level stage 10 cultivators. 

They all collectively thought, ‘Fuck! Who have we offended?’

Some of the servants were panicking a lot and looked at each other. ‘We’ve underestimated how strong the owner was. As long as he doesn’t know about the underground bunker, our plan should still succeed.’

“clap”

“boom”

The dining room expanded and a black courtroom rose out of the floor. This time, everyone was surprised and Su Zheng shouted in shock.

“This is spatial manipulation!”

Su Zhenya couldn’t believe the sight in front of her, “This shouldn’t be possible. This isn’t the Dao Cultivation Universe.”

Du Hong’s disciples looked at Du Hong for an explanation. He weakly chuckled, “The Dao Cultivation Universe is a universe that borders our Energy Cultivation Universe. While an energy cultivator utilises energy to strengthen their spirit veins and practice energy skills, Dao cultivators have dantians that they use to gather qi. They use qi to strengthen themselves and practice cultivation techniques that allow them to manipulate laws of their universe. If they become strong enough, they can create and use techniques that defy their universal laws. Spatial manipulation techniques are the hardest to practice and use, but a spatial law cultivator is one of the most powerful types of Dao cultivators.”

His disciples were shocked when they found out that another universe existed with its own cultivation system.

Wan Xinyue asked Du Hong a question, “Master, how come we have never seen a Dao cultivator before? If they’re so powerful, why is it that none of them have ever tried to take over one of our galaxies?”

Du Hong replied, “For some reason, their powers don’t work in our universe. Some of our galaxies have tried working together with Dao cultivation galaxies to find a way to make Dao cultivation techniques to work within our universe with no success. What Owner Fu just did looks like a spatial cultivation technique which shouldn’t be possible.”

He looked at his disciples and saw them trying to process all of the information that they were just given. Sighing, Du Hong watched Fu Chen slowly walk to the judge bench.

Fu Chen sat on a large black chair and placed his arms on the desk. 

“It has been a while since I last used this courtroom to punish life forms.”

One of the young masters shouted, “You can’t do this to us, you’re breaking the law!”

Fu Chen started to hysterically laugh, “The law? Within the known realms, I AM THE LAW.”

After Fu Chen mentioned realms, many of the customers widened their eyes. Ever since people started cultivating, cultivators had theorized that higher realms existed. Their theory was proven after a person managed to surpass the last level of stage 10 and ascended through a spatial rift that had opened for her. As time passed, more people began to ascend to the next realm.

“Alright, let’s list out the crimes that you have committed within my restaurant.”

“1, you falsely accused me of treason.”

The black chains began to tighten around them.

“2, you attempted to rob me.”

The chains tightened even more.

“3, you attempted to murder me.”

As the chains tightened even more, one of the young masters shrieked in pain.

“4, you attempted to damage my property.”

“CRACK”

“AAAAAHHHHHH!”

Some of the people’s bones had snapped which made them scream.

Some of the young masters started to cry and one pleaded with Fu Chen, “Spare us please. It was our servants that told us to do it.”

Fu Chen showed a horrific smile, “Don’t worry, some of them will have worse punishments than you.”

He stared and pointed at several servants who started to tremble.

‘Oh no. He probably knows.’

The chairs that held people who he pointed at moved to the front. He started chuckling and revealed some information,

“You unknowingly hired spies from your enemy galactic empire.”

The clan members widened their eyes. Even if they managed to get out of the restaurant alive, the Azula Galactic Empire would still punish them for their incompetence.

The spectators sighed, face palmed, and collectively thought, ‘The Ben and Dan clans are doomed.’

“Time to move on to the punishments. Since killing you is too easy of a punishment, everyone will lose three-quarters of their lifespan and your spirit veins will be completely destroyed. I hope that you’ll live the rest of your short lives reflecting on your mistakes. The spies however, won’t be allowed the luxury to think.”

Needles grew out of the black chains and pierced the criminals. The criminals started shrieking and fainted. Fu Chen then made a grasping motion. The spies that had fainted regained consciousness and felt immense pain in their heads. They screamed and fainted once more. After several seconds, the needles retracted back into the chains that started to slither off the limp bodies. The chains disappeared into the floor along with the courtroom and the dining room turned back to normal. 

Fu Chen walked towards Du Hong, whispered into his ear, and handed an item to him. Du Hong nodded and spoke to his disciples, “We’ll be leaving now.” 

Du Hong and his disciples walked out of the restaurant with a pile of bodies floating in the air following them. After the party of 9 had left with the 16 criminals, Fu Chen turned around to face Su Zheng, Su Zhenya, and Zhou Ru.

“Dear guests, I hope that you enjoyed the show. Do you have any questions to ask me?”

Su Zheng stepped forward, “Um, does this restaurant do takeout?”

Fu Chen nodded, “Yes, but only a limited amount per person.”

Su Zheng, Su Zhenya, and Zhou Ru smiled when they heard that they could order takeout from Fu Chen’s restaurant. 

Fu Chen bowed, “Thank you for patronage, I hope that you enjoyed your food and come again.”

The party of 3 thanked him and left the restaurant. 

“click” 

The restaurant doors closed and Fu Chen looked down at the floor with a hideous grin.

“Let’s clear out the rats in my wine cellar.”

7