Chapter 22: Headpats
149 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“yawn”

“click” 

Bright light filled the room to reveal a figure in a large white bed. Next to the bed were a desk and a chair. There was nothing on top of the desk except for an energy crystal lamp that had been turned on. 

“yawn”

The figure with pointy ears at the top of their head yawned again and stretched their arms. As they slowly got out of the bed, a fluffy reddish-orange and white tail was revealed. Fu Lian walked towards one of the walls and pressed a button. Part of the wall moved to reveal a closet. There were only two sets of clothes inside the closet. She chose one of the sets and began changing. A few minutes later, Fu Lian was wearing her usual server outfit. Her fluffy tail poked out of a hole in the back of her dress pants. She opened the door of her bedroom and walked down the hall towards the kitchen.

“click, clack”

Fu Chen turned around and smiled slightly as he saw Fu Lian who was still slightly sleepy. He pointed towards the kitchen island that had a steaming bowl of spicy beef curry along with a smaller bowl of vegetables. Fu Lian took a seat and began taking large bites of the spicy curry. A happy expression could be seen on her face as she ate the curry. Noticing the bowl of slightly red pieces of cabbage, Fu Lian took out a fork and bit into a piece of cabbage.

“mmm!”

Fu Lian was surprised by the tanginess, spiciness, and saltiness of the cabbage. She continued to take small bites and began taking bigger bites as she slowly got used to the flavor. 

“Do you like the spicy fermented vegetables?”

Fu Lian saw Fu Chen looking at her and nodded. 

“I’m glad that you like it. I made it last night after you finished your practice. Try eating some of the vegetables with your curry.”

She did what Fu Chen suggested and let out a satisfied sound. The crunchy fermented vegetables added a new flavor and texture to the already delicious bowl of curry. 

“clack”

Fu Lian placed down her utensils in the two mostly clean bowls. She placed the dirty tableware into the sink. After the tableware disappeared, Fu Lian walked towards Fu Chen and conjured some words.

[Thank you for the meal.]

Fu Chen turned around and made a pleased expression.

“I’m happy that you enjoyed it.”

She nodded, but was still standing next to Fu Chen for some reason.

“Do you need something?”

Fu Lian began looking downwards and fidgeted slightly. Pink words appeared in the air.

[Can I get some headpats?]

She felt nervous after saying her request, but then calmed down as she felt a warm hand patting her head. Fu Lian closed her eyes and her tail began to wag. After a few minutes, Fu Chen ruffled her hair and removed his hand.

“Okay, it’s almost time for work. Go and prepare for breakfast service.”

Fu Lian opened her eyes and exited the kitchen. 

---------

Breakfast service ended smoothly with Du Hong’s group enjoying their usual items along with the new vegetable dish. Fu Chen had a private conversation with Du Hong before the group exited the restaurant. 

 

Lunch service…...

“click, clack, click, clack”

A group of three entered the restaurant. The two Lang cousins were following an elegant looking woman in her mid forties and seemed to be subservient to the wolf woman.

Abyss 1 greeted the party and led them to a table. Fu Lian came up to their table after they were seated and gave them glasses of ice water.

“Oh? There’s a new dish on the menu. Let’s get three bowls of that and six bowls of spicy beef curry.”

Fu Lian nodded and took their order.

[Your food will arrive soon.]

The three people watched Fu Lian walk into the kitchen entrance. Lang Yu faced the wolf woman and asked, “Matriarch, are we here to convince Lang Yue to come back to the clan?”

It turned out that the wolf woman was Lang Ya’s real appearance. She shook her head and smiled, “No, we’re just here to enjoy a meal and I have some business with the owner. Also, your sister is now called Fu Lian.”

The Lang cousins were surprised, but became less tense since they focused on thinking about food.

Fu Lian stepped out of the kitchen carrying a tray filled with bowls of curry and fermented vegetables.

“thud”

She finished distributing the food and conjured a few words before she left their table.

[I hope you’ll enjoy your meal.]

The party of three said some words of thanks and began to dig in. They quickly learned how good the spicy fermented vegetables tasted when paired with the curry and ordered three more bowls of the cabbage. 

Meanwhile, the table next to theirs seated five people. The five people were Su Zheng, Su Zhenya, Zhou Ru, and two unfamiliar faces. The male spoke to Su Zheng after he finished his bowl of curry, “Boss, does this place have any alcohol?”

Su Zheng shook his head, “Su Zhang, we’re not at work right now so just call me cousin. I asked the owner if there was going to be alcohol and he said that there would be some soon.”

Both of them licked their lips as they fantasized about what delicious alcohol Fu Chen would make. Zhou Ru, Su Zhenya, and the unknown female also looked forward to the new alcohol even though they weren’t avid alcohol drinkers.

Su Zhenya faced the unfamiliar female, “Xue Huo, do you like drinking?”

Xue Huo responded, “I drink from time to time.”

Su Zhang shuddered when he heard her response, but he immediately froze when Xue Huo shot him a look. 

“clack”

“sigh”

All of the customers let out sighs of contentment and paid for their food.

“Thank you for dining at our establishment today, we hope that you’ll come again”

Fu Chen and his staff gave the two parties some parting words and bowed. Su Zheng’s party left immediately, but Lang Ya’s stayed for a few minutes.

While Fu Chen was conversing with Lang Ya, the two cousins made some small talk with Fu Lian.

Lang Yu asked, “Sister, how have you been?”

Words appeared in the air. 

[I’ve been doing great, the owner treats me well and is teaching me cooking skills.]

The two cousins felt a bit envious that Fu Lian was being taught by Fu Chen. They continued asking questions until Fu Chen and Lang Ya finished their conversation. After Lang Ya’s party departed from the restaurant, a hideous grin could be seen on Fu Chen’s face which made Fu Lian a little uncomfortable. He noticed how Fu Lian felt so he stopped smiling and pet her head.

Her tail began to wag.

6