Chapter 26: Lang Clan Celebration Pt. I
143 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuck, lunch service ended.”

Two men with reddish-orange and white wolf ears and tails looked at a board that displayed the operating hours of Fu Chen’s restaurant.

Lang Yu sighed, “Damnit, we were too late.”

Lang Yuan replied, “It’s fine, the celebration is going to have a lot of food from some of the best restaurants.”

It appeared that Lang Yuan was saying that not only to console Lang Yu, but also himself. Both of them knew that other restaurants couldn’t compare to Fu Chen’s. They stood in silence staring at the Abyss Bar & Restaurant.

“gulp”

Lang Yuan turned and saw Lang Yu swallowing his saliva and staring intently at the doors of the restaurant.

He said, “Let’s try to enter and ask if they do delivery for dinner.”

The two wolf men walked towards the restaurant entrance and were surprised that the doors were unlocked. They walked in and were greeted by Abyss 1, “Welcome, our restaurant is currently closed.”

Lang Yu began to nervously speak, “Uh hi, we were wondering if the restaurant does delivery.”

Abyss 1 shook his head and said, “Unfortunately, our establishment doesn’t do delivery. We do sell takeout though during business hours. 

After hearing Abyss 1’s response, both of the wolf men’s hearts sank.

Lang Yuan weakly spoke, “Oh, thank you for answering our question.”

The two wolf men feebly walked towards the exit until, “bang!”

The doors to the dining room were violently opened by a wolf woman wearing a purple dress. Behind her was a tall wolf man whose face was red with anger. Reddish-orange and white fur covered his large fingers tipped with sharp black nails. The wolf man snarled at Fu Chen who was walking behind them, “RESTAURANT OWNER! I hope that you won’t regret what you said earlier. If your claims were lies, then…”

He opened his mouth slightly to reveal two rows of sharp teeth, “You will face unimaginable consequences from the Lang Clan.”

Fu Chen laughed, “Dear guest, your jokes need to be improved a bit. I hope that both of you had a wonderful meal. Perhaps we’ll meet again soon.”

The wolf woman snorted, “The only way we’ll be meeting again is with you pleading for mercy.”

As the couple walked towards the doors of the restaurant, they saw two figures with wolf ears and fluffy tails running down the street.

---------------------

“shck”

Fu Lian finally put down her kitchen knife onto a cutting board that had pieces of vegetables that were similarly shaped and evenly sized. 

“clap, clap”

“Good, you’ve done very well.”

She turned her head and saw Fu Chen clapping with a ghastly smile on his face. Although his expression looked wrong, Fu Lian felt happy receiving praise from him. 

“Okay, take a break and then you’ll be working as a server for dinner service.” 

Fu Lian nodded and went to clean herself up.

………

“Excuse us, we would like to order another round of sorghum alcohol!”

[Okay, your beverages will arrive soon.]

Fu Lian quickly took the orders of several tables and went back into the kitchen.

“Cheers!”

“clink”

A large party of people clinked their glasses together and downed their alcohol. Meanwhile, people at other tables were either eating their food rapidly or trying to savor the flavor of their order.

“Thank you for dining at our restaurant, we hope that you’ll come again.”

[Thank you for dining at our restaurant, we hope that you’ll come again.]

“fwish”

The restaurant doors closed. Fu Lian closed her eyes and let out a small yawn. Fu Chen patted her head, “Fu Lian, do you want to go out of the restaurant?”

She tilted her head and looked curiously at Fu Chen.
“We’ll be going to the Lang Clan.”

As soon as he mentioned the Lang Clan, Fu Lian’s tail drooped down and she began to look worried. Grey words began appearing around her, [Are you trying to abandon me?]

“No.”

Fu Lian’s expression immediately brightened and her tail wagged.

“The matriarch of your clan invited us to a party that will be celebrating the Hu Clan’s visit.”

She nodded her head, [Okay I’ll go, but I don’t have any formal clothes to wear.]

“I already placed formal clothes and shoes on your bed, you just need to shower before changing into them.”

Fu Lian walked towards the private bathroom and began to clean herself. Meanwhile, Fu Chen sat on a chair in the dining room and waited.

------------------

“The Lang Clan does indeed deserve to be known as one of the most powerful organizations within the Azula Galactic Empire.”

Fu Chen looked around as he entered the property owned by the Lang Clan. Massive structures could be seen everywhere with parking lots that were filled with the most expensive cars. There were also several airfields full of aircraft.  Fu Chen was stopped by a security guard. He took out his invitation letter and gave it to the guard. A shocked expression could be seen on the security guard’s face. He walked towards a servant that displayed the characteristics of a Lang Clan member and whispered in their ear. The servant quickly approached Fu Chen and Fu Lian. He politely and nervously said, “Welcome esteemed guests, allow me to show you to the party venue.”

Fu Chen and Fu Lian followed the servant to a lavishly decorated banquet hall that was easily several times larger than Fu Chen’s restaurant. There were many people wearing extravagant clothing sitting at tables. The tables were covered with white tablecloths and decorated with small vases of breathtakingly beautiful flowers. 

The servant that led Fu Chen and Fu Lian walked towards the reception table and spoke to a female receptionist. She stared at the two people and stared at her holographic display. After looking back and forth several times, the receptionist finally spoke to the servant.

A minute later, Fu Chen and Fu Lian were led to a table that was filled with mostly people that displayed wolf and fox ears along with some guests that were normal humans. At the head of the table sat Lang Ya and a middle aged woman that had fox ears. 

Guests sitting at the table and other tables looked inquisitively at the pair that had just arrived. Lang Ya smiled, “Welcome, I’m glad that you came to the party.”

The other guests were shocked that the unknown pair were greeted personally by the matriarch of the Lang Clan. The fox woman sitting next to Lang Ya looked at her and asked, “Matriarch, may I have the pleasure of knowing who these people are?” 

She recognized that Fu Lian was a member of the Lang Clan due to her reddish-orange and white wolf ears and tail, but was completely unfamiliar with Fu Chen’s appearance.

Lang Ya replied, “Well, these two are…”
(To be continued)

5