013 A little nightmare
144 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zagreus woke in a medical bed. A purple haired aerial stood on a table nearby scrolling through a tablet. She had butterfly wings, they shifted through shades of pink, purple and blue with a thick black border. He had never seen her but there was only one person it could be. “Karimere?”

She turned and bowed. “Karimere Lifeshaper. Mecromancer One-Twenty-One. I welcome you Mecromancer Eleven. May you serve Endrala well.”

“How long was I out?”

“It is fifteen days since implantation.”

“Good.”

“Was there something significant about the days?” Her head tilted.

“Oh. Nothing.”

“Tell me. I do not like secrets being kept from me, especially when someone has mental powers that endanger my lab.”

He sensed deadly intent. Cinder was a physical threat with screaming and blood. This Karimere was a whole other kind of monster. A calm, calculated, manipulator that fit in the palm of your hand. He knew fear, and today it stared at him with a smile. “You found out my secret huh?”

She nodded. “I want you to understand your situation. Cinder is one of the strongest combat Mecromancers to ever live. In physical ability, I put her in the top five. Only Alice ‘I defy all known laws of physics’ Ti’rask keeps her solidly out of first place. If Cinder were to get irrationally upset she could destroy this lab before she managed to calm down. You play a dangerous game child.”

He swallowed.

“I have taken measures to limit her explosive potential but I order you to resolve this situation yourself.”

“How do you expect me to do that?”

“I expect you to seduce her.”

“Excuse me? Seduce an aerial? It’s… um… not going to fit.”

She laughed, a disturbingly chilling sound. “Foolish male. You have seen her other form. Or have you forgotten being a used as a flying punching bag.”

“So what am I supposed to do? Take her on a stroll on the beach? See a movie? All she does is ignore me and bark orders at me.”

“She acts that way to protect herself. But she has a submissive side to her personality. She sees you as a potential mate. If you respond to her strength with strength, she will be willing. I don’t care how rough you get with her. I will completely lock down her mecromail if needed.”

“This is starting to sound a lot less like seduction.”

“I know you have limited experience with women. I don’t expect much from your skills.” She flew over and hovered in front of him. “If you fail I will stick you both in a room and order her to use you like a fuck toy. She will comply and you will be the target of her anger.”

“You would do that?”

“Of course. I would have taken you for my own pleasure if Lilithana had not claimed you. Unfortunately, I was otherwise occupied when you arrived.”

“You are a truly disturbing woman.”

“Thank you.” She bowed. “Cinder will be going with you to Geothae. I cannot have this unresolved personal matter interfering with the operation.”

“And you think having sex will fix all our problems?”

“Of course not.” She giggled. “Intimate relations have their own issues. But sex will give you two a familiarity and stop you from continuing to acting like awkward hormonal teenagers. I will give you until one year before you leave for Geothae to consummate your relationship. I estimate that you have a couple decades before you are ready to leave.”

“So… I, have some time.”

“Speaking as the oldest person on the planet, time moves a lot faster than you think it does.”

“Ok. I’ll work on it.” He nodded. “Can you tell me what horrible thing I have done to become so popular? Don’t you have other test subjects to play with? Why me?”

“Hasn’t anyone told you? Mecromancers are primarily female. Males make up less than ten percent of the population. A male specimen capable of wearing a powerful mecromail like the eleventh is rare treat indeed. Of course we are attracted to a mate who will produce strong offspring.”

“Lili can’t have kids.”

“That does not change our innate desires. Since you are wearing a Mecromail it also means we no longer have to treat you like a delicate flower. Mortals are so fragile.”

He groaned into his hands.

“Don’t forget, there are a many Mecromancers on Geothae. I expect you will be quite popular.”

“Just kill me now. It will be less cruel.”

“If that is your wish, I will kill you, once we complete our objective.”

He stared at her knowing she was completely serious. If anything, the option to live sounded like it was the odd outcome.

“Now back to your earlier comments. Why is it good that you were out fifteen days?”

“Tomorrow Jade will have been here a year. We don’t know her birthday so I wanted to do something special for her and call it her birthday.”

“I saw the program you wrote for this occasion. Your sentimentality never ceases to amaze me Eleventh.”

“Jade is a child.”

“That child managed to sneak out of the lab, interfere with a collection, and cause a bloody coup while you were out. She is just as dangerous as any adult, maybe even more so due to her ignorance and impulsiveness.”

“She is still a child. And I am going to give her a birthday party.”

She sighed. “It is a trivial matter that could benefit your mental health. I will assist you.” She rubbed her chin. “I can have the golems prepare some sweet treats with some of the rations she stole. Would that help you meet your goal?”

“Yes. Thank you. The plans are already set, just add them to the menu.”

9