034 I agree. I hate it, but I agree.
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zagreus woke up to Cinder pressed against his side. Her head rested on his shoulder. An arm, leg and wing covered him. The room was back to a sane temperature, still slightly cooler than normal. It was quite comfortable with an infernal flesh-blanket covering him.

He took a few slow breaths and let his mind wake up before he reacted. The competing ideas of panic and lust took a bit to get under control. Once he was fully awake, he moved a bit.

Her body writhed against his side as she made pleasant noises. Her free hand randomly explored his chest. Her eyes fluttered and she lifted her head. She looked absently at him.

“Was it good for you?” He gave her a peck on the lips.

Her eyes went wide as her brain shoved away sleep. “You… You… You… I…I…I…We…We…We…”

“No.” He frowned.

She exhaled and went limp. “You. Are. An. Asshole.” She muttered into his chest.

“So what do we have to do to end this punishment?”

She lifted her head. “I have to do something, but I can’t tell you. I am also sure that isn’t all of it either.”

“I kind of wish all that stuff was over and we could just lay here and talk today. I think I like spending time with you.”

“I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to do. I can’t think around you.”

“It looks like we will be spending a lot of time together. Maybe you will learn.”

“How are you so relaxed about all of this? You just woke up naked in bed with me. I mean, I can feel your thing against my leg.”

He wiggled. “It likes you.”

“You, are, impossible.”

“You aren’t trying to kill me, so I consider it a win for the day.”

“Are you really that afraid of me?”

“Do you remember the day we met? Or the day we got put in quarantine?”

“I’m sorry about that.”

“I have to ask how you are taking this so well. You seem annoyed, but I expected to be, you know, dead.”

“We are going to have sex soon. I need to get used to the idea. I can’t act all shy and stupid around you anymore. You can look. You can touch. I need to get used to it.”

“Is sex an order?”

“Not directly. But if I follow my orders it will almost certainly happen. The other option is… unthinkable.”

“Do I get a say in it? Or are you going to force yourself on me?”

“I have to…present myself…to you. Under certain conditions. I hope you don’t refuse.”

“Do you want to have sex now? Will that solve your problem?”

“No and no. I have a choice to make. Last night I tried to push you. I thought if it happened, then my choice would be easier. But you were right. I would have hated both of us for it and it would not have solved anything.”

His hand slid around her back and caressed her softly. “I could get used to this.”

“Do you mean to make good on your proposal?”

He swallowed hard. “Marriage is a completely different step.”

She seemed to deflate. “I know you had no idea how I would feel about what you did yesterday, but it’s important to me. Its stupid traditions from a culture I was never part of, but I held on to it as part of my identity. It means something to me.”

He nodded. “I understand. There are stupid parts of my remnant culture that I feel bound to as well. Can you give me a little time?”

“I only have a handful of days myself. I will ask you every morning and tell you when it is the last day. How does that sound?”

“That will do.”

“Are you are seriously considering marrying me?”

“Yes. It’s important to you, so it’s important to me.”

“I haven’t even thought of marriage in literally forever. You put that shirt on me and it was like you flipped a switch. I have been alone for so long. Then you showed me what it was like to feel wanted.” She planted a kiss on his lips.

He knew his no sex rule was smart, but his body was not smart. Their tongues danced. He wouldn’t be able to stop her, but he would do all he could to control himself. His hands explored her body eliciting delightful noises. The battle was fierce, but he remained in control, barely.

She finally pulled back. “Wow. I have to stop.” She hopped off him and walked towards the shower with a sway in her hips. She looked longingly over her shoulder. “Master, it is time for my morning scrub down. I have been doing dirty things. I need you to make me clean.”

“Keep talking like that and you will need a second scrub down when we are done.” He followed her into the shower. After years of tension between them, it seemed like things might go somewhere good. Maybe this punishment won’t be so bad. He shook his head. Yea. Right. It’s about to completely go to shit.

She turned the water on. COLD.

He groaned disapprovingly.

“Sorry Master. I don’t trust myself with you this morning. I think we both need this.”

“I agree. I hate it, but I agree.”

They took their frigid shower. He scrubbed her, less harshly today, but he tried to keep it all business. He fed her and ate with a little idle conversation. He found her clothes had been mended, cleaned and delivered by a drone. He dressed her. She headed out the door with him close behind.

He was finishing off a drink. He heard the solid thunk of a metal covered foot landing on stone in the hallway, then the distinct metallic scraping of a sword being drawn. He looked over to see, DOOM.

Cinderella, The Queen of Hearts, Goddess of Skulls stood though the doorway before him, in full battle plate. Her six thin arcane wings hummed. Arcane swirled around her in long thin wisps. The helmet hid her face completely. Her arcane infused power sword was pointed directly at him.

“Hi.” He managed to say.

“I have to follow the orders. I have to do what is necessary. I have to stay in your room. I have to be your ward. I will honor those obligations by acting in a proper manner while in your care. I will temper my anger and show you my tender side. I want you to see that. I want you to touch me. I want…” She stopped, unable or unwilling to finish the thought.

“Ok.”

“Outside of that room I cannot maintain it. Regardless of the circumstances, you have proposed and you have rejected me. I am beyond hurt, beyond furious. I cannot rage against you or I will violate my orders. That outcome…is unthinkable. If you want to help me, please, give me space. Don’t speak to me. Don’t look at me. Don’t think in my direction. I will be calmly waiting in your room, before you return tonight.”

“Ok.”

The world shook. “Do. Not. Speak.”

He nodded. The door shut and he could feel the angry ball of doom leaving. Dammit. I hate being right.

4