Chapter 140: Knowing the truth
947 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Zhang Wei left Kamar Taj:

Kaecilius looks at the leaving figure of his former student and he just sighs. After he had seen the greedy look of Zhang Wei as he stared at the Eye of Agamotto, Kaecilius had been trying to make his former disciple see the error of the path he was surely headed to. At first, Kaecilius thought that he was making headway in that pursuit. Just like him, Kaecilius wanted power in the past but things changed throughout the years. The current Kaecilius wasn't power hungry anymore, he hopes that his disciple would change as well.

Kaecilius had hope that the Ancient One knew of this as well. In fact, he was fairly certain that the Ancient One had an inkling of the problem he was currently having about Zhang Wei. He had hope that together the two of them could reason with Zhang Wei and hopeful alter him from the current course he is about to take.

Kaecilius then went towards the room of the Ancient One, and he could see the Sorcerer Supreme reading an old tome.

"Tell me, how many times have you read that already? Surely more than a 100 times", Kaecilius jokes as he went to that nearest chair and took a seat.

The Ancient One promptly closes the book she was reading and she said with a smile, "Just needed a refresher. I haven't read this tome in 3 decades now. It's always good to reread some of the books so that you won't forget what was written on them".

"I see, so it's an old person problem", Kaecilius said sarcastically.

The Ancient One just smiled and place the book on the table fronting Kaecilius and prepared a hot pot of tea for the two of them to drink.

"I would like to talk about Zhang Wei?", Kaecilius said with a hidden concern in his voice.

"You don't have to fill me in on that matter. I already know", the Ancient One responded as she seated herself in a chair fronting Kaecilius. "And I believe that you are already too late to stop it".

"What?! Explain!", Kaecilius demanded.

The Ancient One did not respond right away. She first got two cups and poured hot tea in them. One for her and one for Kaecilius. She then took a sip of the hot tea and savored the taste. "There is no stopping Zhang Wei. He had already firmly set himself on that path to gaining power".

Kaecilius' face was suddenly wrapped in pain, "How do you know??".

"I have seen it", the Ancient One said as she looks directly at the eyes of Kaecilius.

"...You have used the stone...", Kaecilius said with a defeated look on his face. The room was suddenly placed in a hush silence. Kaecilius was extremely saddened by the news.

Zhang Wei for him wasn't just a normal student that he had taught, no, Zhang Wei is like a second son to him. After fully accepting and moving on from the death of his family, Kaecilus opened up to the people around him. And somehow the time he had spent with Zhang Wei made his value more than just a talented student.

And now learning that the Ancient One had used the time stone to see that his dearest disciple would succumb to greed was something that pained him greatly.

"Can you tell me exactly what you saw?", Kaecilius asked.

The Ancient One looks directly at Kaecilius and said with a straight look on her face, "Zhang Wei's greed will lead to my death".

The news made Kaecilius stand up in shock. "Then what are we still waiting for! We must capture him now. We must prevent him from killing you!". The most powerful Master of the Mystic Arts currently alive is no doubt the person seated in front of him. For the last couple of years the stones had suddenly shown up and this event had made the Master very wary of the future. Most of them believe that something would happen in the near future, in fact, even Kaecilius believes this theory as well. The Masters must have a leader when the time comes, losing the Ancient One would cause them to lose their morale. Something Kaecilius knows is dangerous in a fight.

Even if Zhang Wei was like a son to him, he won't let him destroy the order that he is a part of. He was willing to do the necessary thing in order for the Masters of the Mystics Arts to stand tall in trials that are to come.

The Ancient One motioned Kaecilius to seat back down and said, "It is inevitable. It cannot be changed, my death is already guaranteed. Besides, you don't have to worry about who will become the next Sorcerer Supreme. Someone more talented than me will take that mantle and he will lead the Masters of the Mystic Arts to the next generation".

Kaecilius reluctantly took a seat and he stared at his tea that was still smoking due to the heat. "If only I didn't take him as a student. Then----", Kaecilius stated with pain in his voice.

"We must not place blame. What done is done", The Ancient One stated as she poured herself another cup of tea.

"What do we do now?"

"We wait for him to make a move and when that time comes, we react accordingly", the Ancient One said. The two Masters then drank the entire pot of tea in silence. Kaecilius only left when it was empty.

MEANWHILE:

As Ward is currently looking at the pool that is currently boiling due to it being the location where the Ghost Rider landed. Cull Obsidian had just received a tip that pertains to the location of his sister, Gamora. His father and master had given him a mission to capture Gamora at all cost and he was not fond of the idea of him failing his father. He looks at his soldiers and said, "Sent course to the Planet of Kitson. It's time to bring my sister home".

33