CHAPTER 17: GRIEF
2.6k 3 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ETHAN'S POV:

After I left my grandparent's mansion I told my driver to return home immediately. In the car ride, I was processing the news of the death of my grandfather. I never actually fully love the man. This can be attributed to his stern nature and me being a reincarnated individual. But I did consider him family.

I'm not sure that this event even happened to Canon MCU. Besides I didn't fully know what my grandfather's plan was in Greece. Whatever his plan was it made powerful people angry enough to get him assassinated. A "Secretary of the United States" just died on foreign soil. The ramification of this event was huge.

The real question is who. Who would have the balls big enough to kill a high ranking political figure? Right now the first and highest possibility would be the Soviet Union. The cold war was still going on in the 80s.

Both US and the Soviet Union were still having a contest in who had the biggest ego. And based on the MCU timeline the red room program was probably in effect now. Did the Soviet Union order the assassination of my grandfather by using the killers they made through the red room program?

The second possibility would be Hydra. But I highly doubt that hydra would call for the death of the Secretary of the United States. They should be still in hiding right now. Maybe they use their Winter Soldier? But why would they use him? If one of these two theories is correct, how big was my grandfather's plan that it made him a target for two powerful organizations?

The third possibility would be the Hand,  and highly unlikely the 10 Rings, but I actually know nothing about those two organizations. Aside from the Hand having their so-called ninjas and them trying to get a hold on New York in the future. While the 10 rings is headed by a man named "The Mandarin" and they would create terror through terrorist exploits. I don't know what those two organizations want.

The fourth and the least likely possibility is that it was just a random terrorist attack. I'm considering this as the least likely possibility because if a small terrorist organization in a small country such as Greece, actually killed my grandfather they would not exist within a year. The entire might of the US army would flood them with missiles, guns, and rockets that they will be erased from the earth.

"What did you do grandpa?" I said to myself. The driver hearing me increase the speed of the car. Shortly afterward we arrive at our destination, my home. I went directly to the living room. In the living room, I could see my grandmother crying in the chest of my mother. My father was seated down in his favorite spot on the couch with a whiskey bottle in his hand. He was staring at the ceiling taking a few sips of the alcohol at a time.

Bernard saw me as I enter the room. "What happened Bern,? I ask him.

"Madam Martha entered the mansion roughly half an hour ago. She told your father, her son, that sir Charles was assassinated. She broke down in tears when she told your father," Bernard said with sadness in his voice.

"What has the government said about this event? Surely they would address this. The assassin must be caught," I said with anger in my voice.

"Madam Martha has said that within an hour President Reagan would address this event in a televise press conference," Bernard said. He came near me and place his hand on my shoulder.

"I understand your anger, Ethan. Don't worry all we can do now is to rely on our country to avenge your grandfather," Bernard said to me.

I nodded at him. I look at my father I could see the sadness in him even if he was not crying. "How did my father took the news?" I asked Bernard.

"He was shocked, of course. After a few seconds of processing the news, he went and grab himself a bottle of whiskey. He hasn't talked since," Bernard said with worry.

"The twins, do they know?" I ask him. I haven't seen the twins the moment I entered the living room. In an ordinary day, they would have been with Bernard doing their homeschooling like what I did when I was their age.

"I had them answer some exam papers. I decided that I would allow the adults to get their bearings in order before we tell the twins about this saddening news," Bernard said.

There was silence in the room. I was pacing back and forth in the living room waiting for the press conference that would be soon televised. This event made me worry about the safety of my family. I can't be there for them all the time. I needed some people to guard them when I'm not around.

I went to Bernard and ask him to do something for me "Excuse me, Bernard, I need you to call Alexa. She is a maid in my grandparent's mansion. I need you to tell her to get me Marcus and his military buddies here,".

Bernard gave me a questioning look but nodded and did what I ask of him. Marcus and his friend were retired military. They were still strong and healthy men. I need them to become a security team for the family, for the time being at least.

Due to these circumstances, my parents won't disagree with this idea. A group of train men assigned to protect my family would be a good idea to all of them.

'I can only hope they will accept my job offer under these circumstances,' I said to myself.

 

74