CHAPTER 23: UNIVERSITY-IV
2.5k 3 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I spent most of my time babysitting Ted at the party. Seriously who was supposed to be the adult between the two of us. The party was fun, to say the least. Multiple women wanted to talk to me but Brooke somehow managed to prevent any girls from staying near me for too long.

'Damn this girl is determined, I'll give her that', I thought.

Most of the night I could see Steve giving people his sales speech. A couple of people went and tried Vertigo at the party. Some were interested due to its novelty. It being a new drug and all. I could see that vertigo took effect somewhere around 5-10 minutes. Nearly all who took it showed signs of happiness, one was clearly hallucinating though.

"Hey Ethan, I told you this is going to be a nice party", a drunk Ted said.

Ted has loosened up and became more sociable as he got drunker throughout the night. The guy was actually talking to other people aside from me.

"Someone is having fun", I sarcastically said to him.

"hahahahahha. Damn right," he said.

"How are we supposed to get home when you the driver is drunk?" I asked him with annoyance.

"Don't worry dude. Let's just get a taxi, I'll leave the car here and get it tomorrow morning or afternoon. Whichever time I wake up," he said.

I sighed and said "fine". We left the party a short moment later and said our goodbyes to the host. Ted was actually able to get two phone numbers which made the drunk man happy. We found a taxi and instead of Ted returning to his dorm he decided to unceremoniously enter my apartment and sleep on my couch.

"You have got to be kidding me. Fine whatever", I said as I saw him quickly fall asleep on my couch. I prepared a glass of water and a bucket for him. I wrote a note and place it on the table right next to the water I placed. The note says "You better not puke in my apartment".

I place vertigo on the table of my room and took a bath with the intention to go to sleep immediately.

The next day I got myself ready for class. When I got out of my room I saw a sleeping Ted still snoring on my couch.

"Wake up Ted, you and I have class", I said to him as I lightly kick his leg that was hanging on the side of my couch.  Unfortunately for the two of us, we had a weekend class. Ted didn't wake up, he was still snoring with no care in the world.

I took a glass of water from the kitchen and poured it into his face which made him wake up.

"What the f***," he said with a surprise mark on his face.

"Get up, you and I have the morning class together. Seriously you should be the more responsible one between the two of us," I said with a fed-up expression.

He looks at the time and recognizing that if he doesn't get ready quickly the two of us could be late.

He washed his face and said, "Let's go before we become late".

"You still stink of alcohol you know that right", I said to him.

"I don't care let's go", he said.

I sighed and went to go to class.

After the class, I had free time. I went to the laboratory check to vertigo. The reason I wanted to check vertigo is that I want to sell it, not illegally. It's the 80s the amount of working antidepressants in the market for people that are suffering from depression is still up for grabs. If I could create an antidepressant that is better than anything available in the market I would be looking at extremely high profits.

When someone puts drugs let's say recreational drugs into their body, either by smoking, injecting, inhaling, or eating them, they tap into the brain's communication system and tamper with the way nerve cells normally send, receive, and process information. In fact, these drugs can "fool" our receptors, lock onto them, and activate the nerve cells. However, they don't work the same way as a natural neurotransmitter, and the neurons wind up sending abnormal messages through the brain, which can cause problems both for our brains and our bodies.

I place vertigo in a microscope. Heroin for example when you place it in a microscope you would see something circular with the color blue on it. When I place vertigo in a microscope it looks like an imperfect circle with a color green shade.

"Hmm….what is that?" I said out loud.

"Is that what I think it is?" I said. I took a book from my bag and tried to find a certain picture. After a while, I found the picture, but looking at the picture made me more confused.

"What is going on?", I said.

I look back at my specimen in the microscope and after looking carefully at it I look at the picture again. I did this a number of times to be sure.

"It's plasma…..someone is putting plasma in this drug," I said flabbergasted.

Now plasma is something that is found in the blood of every being that has blood flowing through their veins. The liquid part of the blood is plasma. Nearly half of each person or animal's blood is made up of plasma.

"Why would there be plasma in this drug," I said.

I have a gut feeling that I should check this out. Whatever animal is used to make this, I could use that as the basis of an antidepressant that I will make in the future. Steve said he knows a guy who personally knows the maker of vertigo. I'll just steal that guys' research easy peasy lemon squeezy.

'Looks like going to that party was a good idea after all. I have to thank Ted for this,' I thought.

 

67