Chapter 116: TEAM COULSON
1.4k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12 HOURS AFTER FURY'S SUPPOSE DEATH: INSIDE THE AIRPLANE CODE NAME: THE BUS

Right now the tension between the members of Team Coulson was high. This was caused by 3 things. The first being a signal that Skye had just decoded. The signal contained a message that activated all HYDRA agents inside of S.H.I.E.L.D. This shock all the people on the plane, all of them believed that HYDRA was defeated during World War 2. After Skye decoded the message, the plane that they were on was hacked and forcefully rerouted, this was the second issue. They tried to gain control but the plane was on autopilot and had set a location, a location of which they had no idea where. The third reason was caused by Agent Melinda May.

Leopold Fitz just found out that Agent May had a secure line inside the plane. The other members of the team had no idea who the person Agent May was talking to.

It was because of the current circumstances of the situation that the entire team was wary about where Agent May's allegiance lie. They didn't know if she was the reason why the plane was rerouted. They didn't know if she was a loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent or a sleeper agent of HYDRA.

With a gun in his right hand, Phil Coulson said to one of his closes friends, Agent Melinda May, "Where is this plane going?! And why do you have a secure line!?".

With a stern look on Melinda's face, she said, "I am not HYDRA. I can explain what the secure line is for but I can't tell you, and most importantly I don't know where this plane is headed".

"Tell us now. We demand to know", Agent Fitz said.

"I can't....",

"Why not?", Agent Jemma Simmons asked.

"Cause, I'm under orders"

With a determined look on Phil's face, he asked, "Who's orders?". Phil was ready to do the necessary thing if it meant to save the people in this room. If Melinda May was HYDRA then he will kill her himself, it doesn't matter if they were friends for years. Duty must come first.

Ward suddenly entered the room and said, "We don't have enough time to decide if she is S.H.I.E.L.D. or not. I say we lock her up and get ourselves some weapons. We will land soon, and I for one want to be fully armed just in case we receive an unwanted welcome". He then took out a gun and shot Agent Melinda May with it.

"What the-"

"...you really shot her..."

Phil was speechless while both Fitz and Simmons were shocked when they saw May drop to the floor.

"Relax, I used an I.C.E.R.", Ward said as he showed them the gun he used.

An I.C.E.R. is a weapon that looks like a standard gun but instead of firing lethal bullets, the I.C.E.R. uses Incapacitating ones. It basically knockouts anyone hit by the weapon.

"I'll carry her towards 'The Cage'. While the rest of you get ready", Ward said as he picks May up and carries her to a room named 'The Cage'. 'The Cage' was basically a room designed to lock up prisoners but it wasn't an ordinary room. Every inch of the room was reinforced. The room was even used once to lock up an Asgardian.

Ward knew who rerouted their plane and where they were headed. Alfred had told him that information the moment that happened. He also knew that Melinda May wasn't a HYDRA agent. The secure line that everyone was worried about was a line that directly allowed Agent May to contact Director Fury. This was because Fury wanted to be fully updated on what was happening to Phil Coulson. He had basically brought him back to life using a Kree corpse and he wasn't sure if there were unwanted ramifications that would affect Phil in the long run.

Right now Ward was just playing his part as a loyal S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Ethan had told him about what happened with his meeting with the 3 high ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. officers. How he had given them the necessary information to lessen the bloodshed in the agency by giving them a list of who were HYDRA operatives. He needed to maintain his cover, that was why he had urged his team to prepare as if they were going towards a trap.

After placing May inside the Cage, he went towards where the rest of his team was. He immediately saw Skye having trouble placing her kevlar vest on. So he immediately went to assist her.

"When the plane lands, I want you to stay close to me, understand?", Ward said as he made sure that the kevlar vest was placed correctly.

"Okay", Skye said plainly.

"Okay team, I want you to carry I.C.E.R.s and real guns. Only sure I.C.E.R.s for now. If we come up against real HYDRA sleeper agents, you are authorized to use lethal force", Phil said to everyone in the room.

After an hour of waiting inside the plane, aside from Ward who knew already, the rest of the team figured out where they were headed. The plane was en route to the Hub, one of the 3 main S.H.I.E.L.D. base.

"Icers ready", Phil said to the group when they were close to the landing site.

The moment the plane descended to the landed area of the Hub, everyone was tense. They didn't know who would welcome them. Fitz the engineer of the group had sweat dripping from his forehead. He glanced at his side and he could see Jemma having the same problem. He then placed his hand on Jemma's hand. The two individuals for a moment, lock eyes, and for a brief second, they felt calm. It was like they were communicating something between their gaze.

Whatever it was though, it didn't last. For them, it was a short calm before the storm. The moment they just had couldn't survive the dangerous situation that they were in.

Ward carefully looks out the window of the plane, he was careful not to be shot at. He could see the doors connecting to the Hub, all of them were close, and he could also see a number of parked fighter jets beside them. But he couldn't see anyone nearby, "No one is outside. The place is empty", Ward stated to the group.

Phil was surprised about what Ward said. They were in a perfect place to ambush, but no one was there to ambush them. He went towards the window and double-check the surroundings, "Ward's right. No one is waiting for us in the landing zone".

"But aren't we sitting ducks? The moment we landed we should have already been attacked, right?", Skye said.

Suddenly the main computer of the plane activated on its own and the image of Victoria Hand could be seen.

"Victoria Hand", Phil said as he approaches the computer.

"Identify the individuals inside of the plane", Victoria said with a commanding tone.

Phil narrowed his eyes, he began to wonder why he was asked such a question.

"For the safety of the agency, I will ask you again. Tell me the name of all the individuals that are inside the plane"

Phil paused for a while, but eventually responded, "Agent Phil Coulson, Agent Grant Ward, Agent Jemma Simmons, Agent Leopold Fitz, Trainee Skye,...and Agent Melinda May".

On the screen, you could see Victoria Hand looking at the agent beside him. The said agent was typing something on a computer. After a while, the agent nodded.

Victoria then looks back at them and said, "Good, none of you are HYDRA. You are granted entry".

"What?", Phil said with surprise in his voice.

"How would you know if we're not HYDRA?", Jemma asked.

"We have a list of all HYDRA operatives", Victoria replied.

Aside from Ward, every single person in the room was shocked.

 

43