CHAPTER 124: Emotions
1.1k 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhang Wei stared intently at the Eye of Agamotto that he didn't even realize that his former teacher now fellow master happen to enter the library. Kaecilius immediately notice his disciple and he could see the longing in his eyes. It was the longing for power, something he was so close to succumbing to in the past. If it wasn't for Ethan's help and the honesty of the Ancient One then he would have probably done something stupid by now.

Kaecilius made some coughing sounds so that Zhang Wei would notice him and said, "I thought you were looking at an attractive woman judging by how hard you're staring", Kaecilius said with sarcasm in his voice.

At first, Zhang Wei was shocked, it seems that he was so excited at the idea of owning the Eye of Agamotto that he didn't realize that someone was near him.

"Ma...Master Kaecilius, I didn't hear you enter", Zhang Wei said with an awkward smile on his face.

"Don't worry about it,", Kaecilius said as he then looks at the displaying Eye of Agamotto and said, "Besides I don't blame you. In the past, I had the same look as you. Longing for power... We are trained to bend reality and yet sometimes it seems pointless and dare I say, lacking in some regard. Sometimes, you wonder if there is more out there, you wonder if there are other ways to make yourself powerful... But you soon realize that is pointless. For to gain power, you must lose something, and that prize could often be more painful than worth it".

"Someone is getting philosophical in his old age", Zhang Wei teased Kaecilisu with a smile on his face.

Kaecilius smiled at that statement and said, "You must not let temptation cloud your judgment. With greater power comes greater responsibility...". Kaecilius then looks at Zhang Wei and said, "Remember that Zhang Wei".

"Don't worry master. I'm just curious that's all. Can't help it.", Zhang Wei said as he went towards the library and took a tome about enchantments and promptly left.

Kaecilius looks at the leaving figure of Zhang Wei and he sighed. He hopes that his protege won't do anything stupid.

'I need to watch him carefully. A teacher's job is to guide his student to the right path, and it seems that I must do that now', he thought.

Kaecilius then decided to read some tomes inside the library and wait for the master in-charge to return, and only then would he leave and return to do his duties.

MEANWHILE:

In the kitchen of the Lighthouse, Ethan could be seen cooking dinner. He wasn't a great cook but he wasn't a bad one either. He googled some recipes a few days prior and he had practice cooking them since then. Right now he could say that he is confident enough to allow someone else to taste his cooking. As he was cutting some spices he glances at the person waiting at the table.

Hela could be seen reading a book as she waited for the cooking to finish. After spending the day in the orphanage, Hela would spend her nights with Ethan. Nothing sexual of course, Hela likes Ethan's company. Sometimes they would talk but often they would just stay in the room together and enjoy each other's presence. On more than one occasion did Hela went into Ethan's lab just to stay close to him. Even if Ethan didn't talk to her, it was clear that his presence was all that Hela wanted.

After he finishes cooking, Ethan prepared the table and Hela kept her book. After Hela took a bite of the 'Tuscan Chicken Skillett' that Ethan cook, she said, "This Goddess had tasted better cooking, but none the less, this Goddess approves".

"Well, I thank the Goddess for taking part in this humble one's food", Ethan said with a smile on his face. Hela would often refer to herself as a Goddess when the two of them were alone together. In the orphanage, Hela would refer to herself as just Hela. Ethan didn't know why she did this. So ever since the first time Hela has done this, Ethan decided to just play along.

After eating a few mouthfuls and taking a sip of wine, Hela looks at Ethan and said, "I think my father is close to dying now".

With one eyebrow raised, he said, "How can you tell?".

Hela stretches out her hand on the side of the table and she suddenly conjured necro-sword with ease, "His hold on my prison is getting weaker. I feel a small fraction of my power returning to me every day. It's only a matter of time before I get my full power back".

"I see", Ethan said as he took a sip of wine. After placing his cup on the table he said, "Do you regret taking my offer? If you waited a little longer then you would have been free on your own".

For a while, Hela and Ethan's eyes lock together. Ethan could see the small flicker of emotions in the cold eyes of the Goddess of Death, and for a brief moment, Ethan saw the vulnerable woman that cried on the beach a few months ago. But Hela immediately controlled herself and calmed her emotions down, "I took that deal cause I wanted freedom immediately. There is no point now in second-guessing it. What done is done".

Ethan just nodded at her statement and the two continued eating their dinner in comfortable silence. After 30 minutes the two of them were done and Ethan went and clean the table. He went to the sink to wash the dishes when suddenly he could feel someone on his back.

"Hela what are you doing?", Ethan asked.

"Keep washing the dishes!", Hela ordered.

For a while, Ethan paused but decided to do what Hela said.

While Hela was leaning on Ethan's back, she said in a soft voice, "Besides if I stayed in Hel and waited for my father to die...I probably would still be filled with anger right now... So, in all...my decision was a good one...".

Hela then stops leaning on Ethan's back and she muttered something in her breath that only she could hear, "Plus, I hated being alone".

Ethan wanted to look at her so he turned around. But the moment he that, he could see a necro-sword coming his way. With quick reflexes, Ethan was able to dodge the blade which promptly became landed on the wall.

"I'll sleep early tonight, thanks for the food", Hela said with a cold and calm look on her face.

"G..good night", Ethan said in an awkward manner as he looks at Hela as she leaves the room.

37