CHAPTER 125: Power is Power
1.2k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A 3-mile wide warship named Dark Aster could be seen floating in space. This warship had caused the death of millions of people and the person commanding the warship has spread his wrath to the population of Xandar. This person is none other than Ronan the Accuser.

Currently, Ronan is talking to someone more powerful and more feared than him. Who's reputation exceeds his by a wide margin.

Ever since the treaty between the Nova Empire and the Kree Government was signed, Ronan was one of the few Accusers that took their ship and disregarded the authority of their government. He didn't care about what his government signed. For Ronan, war is the only option.

He continually attacked multiple Xandarian outposts in the galaxy. He wanted to show the Nova Empire that war wasn't over for him. But Ronan knew his limits. He didn't dare attack the home planet of the Nova Empire. He knew that he could not win. To make sure that his revenge could be achieved, he allied himself with Thanos.

The two of them then quickly got themselves in an agreement. Ronan will retrieve an orb for Thanos in exchange for him using his army to destroy Xandar completely.

After solving a few minor problems that pop up along the way, Ronan now had the orb in his hand. It was at that moment that he contacted Thanos to talk to him.

"The orb is in my possession, as I promised", Ronan said as he looks at the orb in his hands and showed it to the image of Thanos on the screen.

"I will send you my coordinates and you will bring it to me"

Ronan handed his hammer that he was holding in his other hand to Nebula and he looks at Thanos, and said, "Yes, that was our agreement. I will bring you the orb and you will destroy Xandar for me. However, now that I know it contains an Infinity Stone, I wonder what use I have for you". With the power of an Infinity Stone in his hand, Ronan now has the confidence to talk to Thanos in such a disrespectful way.

Thanos was obliviously not pleased about hearing Ronan's statement and he said in anger, "Boy! I would reconsider your current course".

But Ronan no longer cared about Thanos, why would he care about a man he could easily defeat now that an Infinity stone is in his grasp. He destroyed half the orb protecting the stone and he could see the purple glow the Infinity Stone is releasing in the surroundings. "You call me 'boy'!. I will unfurl one thousand years of Kree justice on Xandar!".

Ronan then did something that was thought to be impossible. With his bare hands, he held the power stone and he felt the raw power it contains. "With this stone, I have usurped your title as the most powerful being in the universe!", Ronan shouted towards Thanos.

Nebula then carefully gave Ronan his hammer back and Ronan immediately places the infinity stone in it. He could feel the power circulating in his body, for a brief moment, his eyes began to glow purple and he said to Thanos, "After I'm done with Xandar, I'm coming for you".

Thanos then promptly ended the call with anger written on his face.

After seeing the newfound power of Ronan, Nebula asked, "After Xandar, you're going to kill my father?".

"You dare oppose me?", Ronan asked with the newfound pride he just achieve.

Nebula sneered and said, "You see what he has turned me into. You kill him and I will help you destroy a thousand planets".

"Set course to Xandar, immediately!", Ronan ordered the Kree soldiers under his command.

MEANWHILE: SANCTUARY II (THANOS' FLAGSHIP)

Thanos whose eyes were close could be seen seating on his throne with anger oozing from his very being. To think Ronan would dare threaten him just because he has an infinity stone. He was just a boy acting out just because he has a new toy and a toy could always be taken.

Suddenly Thanos opens his eyes and he looks at the two people that entered his throne room. They were the married couple of his Black Order, Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight. The two of them bowed in front of their Adopted Father and Master.

"It seems that two of my daughters have betrayed me in a span of just a few days. This is even the second time Gamora has done such an act...", Thanos said with anger in his voice. A few years ago, Gamora was sent on a mission to find a map that leads to the whereabouts of the soul stone. After much searching, Gamora said that she failed her mission and that she wasn't able to find the map. During that moment, Thanos knew that Gamora lied, he knew that his adopted daughter had successfully found the map and she knew the location of the soul stone. But during that time, he didn't call out her lie.

This information shock the two members of the Black Order. They didn't know Thanos would allow Gamora to still be alive the first time she betrayed him. The two of them were sure that if any of them betrayed Thanos then he won't second guess his decision and kill them where they stood.

"Give the command, sire. And we will hunt them down and bring them beneath your feet", Corvus Glaive stated, still bowing.

Thanos looks down at Corvus Glaive from his floating throne and said, "There is no need. When the time is right, I will go there myself. Right now you will go to  Nidavellir and slaughter a third of Eitri's people. I grow tired of his delay in the forging of the Infinity Gauntlet. If he thinks that Asgard will save him now, then he is a fool".

Thanos then looks at Proxima Midnight and said, "Proxima, a few years ago a being had terrorized the Kree Empire's military outposts. This being attacked multiple Kree camps, and it was because of these attacks that the Kree Empire began to lose its power and the war. This being practically led Xandar to strong-arm the Kree Empire to sign the peace treaty. Your mission is to find this being at all cost".

"We hear and obey"

"We hear and obey"

The two of them said at the same time. They then stood up from their bowing position and left Thanos' throne room to immediately do their mission.

35