Chapter 128: War- I
1.1k 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving via jump point, the Dark Aster could see the planet of Xandar in front of them. Ronan tightly grips his hammer with both of his hands. As he stares at the planet he swore to destroy, he became excited. He is so close to achieving his goal, so close to cleansing the entire galaxy of the Nova Empire. Today will mark a glorious moment in Kree history.

Ronan was suddenly removed from his own thoughts when Nebula came towards him and said, "Ronan, we have a problem. We have detected two groups of enemy fleet up ahead. One of the groups is the Ravagers and the other is the mercenary group, Shadow. We are currently outnumbered. Combined they have more pilots than us. And that still doesn't count the number of Xandarian spacecraft that will soon take flight and fight us in the air".

Ronan looks at Nebula and for a brief moment, she could see his eyes glow purple with the power of the infinity stone, "It doesn't matter. Our victory will be guaranteed once we land on the ground. Order all pilots to engage the enemy immediately and I want them to provide us a clear path. Activate the thrusters and head straight to Xandar. Use all power we can spare to the frontal shields! Do it now!".

In fear of being reprimanded by Ronan, Nebula immediately did as she was told. She has chosen her side in this battle and she will do everything she can to succeed and hopefully live through this war.

INSIDE AVA'S SHIP:

"Are you certain of this strategy, Ava?", Myrtle asked.

Ava's plan was simple. The first part of the plan is releasing a swarm of spacecraft that is piloted by the Chronicom hunters and order them to attack Ronan's ship. She will personally pilot one of these spacecraft and travel on top of the Dark Aster. The second part is to phase through the said ship and take the infinity stone from the inside. Once she has the infinity stone in her possession, the third part of the plan will commence. She will order Myrtle to activate the weapons system of her destroyer class warship and bombard the Dark Aster. The bombardment will happen while she escapes the ship as well.

"Of course, I'm certain", Ava replied.

"I for one believe that you need a better plan. There are a few numbers of things that can go wrong here", Myrtle stated.

With a huge grin on her face, Ava replied, "That is what makes it exciting, Myrtle".

Seeing that Ronan's ship had entered the Xandarian atmosphere, Ava immediately went towards the spacecraft that she will be piloting and said through the comms, "All hunters, kill us many Kree as you can!".

The hanger of the destroyers class ship immediately opened and she then took flight.

Myrtle who was looking at the spacecraft that Ava was flying said to herself, "That girl has a death wish".

INSIDE THE MILANO: (The personal ship of Peter Quill)

Gamora looks at the number of spacecraft that didn't belong to the Ravagers and said, "Another group? Who are they?".

Peter looks at those said spacecraft and said, "If I'm not wrong then those spacecraft belong to the mercenary group named Shadow".

"You met them before?", Gamora asked.

"Yeah, the Ravagers had to fight them in the past. Their Captain, Ava is a powerful woman. She easily took care of Yondu and us back then. Yondu had been in love with her ever since. Most of the missions that they have completed are missions that the Nova Empire commissioned to them. It seems that they were also called in to take out Ronan", Peter then looks at Gamora and said, "We might just survive this".

"BANG!"

Suddenly one of Kree's pilots was able to destroy the spacecraft near them and this resulted in a powerful explosion that nearly caused their ship damage.

"Keep your eyes up front!", Gamora ordered.

"Yes ma'am!"

An aerial battle began to take place in the sky of the Xandarian empire. Multiple explosions could be seen in the air. Both sides maneuvering through the rain of bullets and lasers coming their way. The fight was so intense that even Yondu, a  skilled captain and pilot in his own right, was hit. With one of the wings of his craft being destroyed, he immediately maneuvers his spacecraft to disengage from the location where the battle was most intense.

Ronan knew that he was at a disadvantage in terms of numbers. He made sure that his pilots would take the battle a few kilometers away from him. With this, he hopes that he could land directly at Xandar.

"BANG!"

Ava immediately dodges an incoming attack coming her way and this resulted in the Kree pilot accidentally hitting his own teammates. Ava then immediately burst the thrusters of her spacecraft and elevated in the air. She did an upward 360 degrees turn and this place the Kree that was following her to be suddenly placed in her firing range.

"Die you piece of sh*t", Ava said as she destroyed the annoying Kree pilot.

Suddenly in the distance, she could see multiple Nova Corp pilots flying through the air and directly attacking Ronan's ship.

Seeing that no one was following her, she immediately went towards the top of Ronan's warship. The longer the fight continues in the air the clearer it became that Ronan is going to lose. Especially now that the Nova Corp took flight and is directly attacking his warship.

Once her spacecraft is on top of the Dark Aster, she immediately phases through it and landed inside of Ronan's warship.

The moment she landed, she could immediately see multiple Kree soldiers who were shocked that an intruder suddenly appeared from out of nowhere.

"Hello", Ava said.

Without further delay, every single one of them used their weapons and began firing at her but they immediately became surprised when their attacks were useless due to all of them phases through her.

"Come on, guys. I'm standing right here", Ava teased.

A Kree soldier with a spear that is sparking with electricity came directly towards her and tried to stab her with it. Ava just stood her ground and she watches as the spear was thrust towards her.

"Wow, that's a sparky spear you got", Ava said. She then delivered a powerful punch in the stomach of the Kree soldier with cause him to be propelled towards his subordinates.

"I grow tired of this", Ava said as she suddenly began to move with unnatural speed. None of Ronan's soldiers were able to even see her as she killed every single one of them.

33