CHAPTER 130: WAR-III
929 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ronan suddenly became wide-eyed when Ava used her unnatural speed and blitz her way towards him. Before Ronan could realize what happened, he suddenly found himself being propelled due to a powerful force. While in mid-air he immediately stabs the shaft of his hammer in the floor to stop him from hitting the wall.

"Damn, your a tanky fellow, huh?", Ava said.

Ronan narrowed his eyes and he began to think of any possible methods to defeat an opponent who is faster than him.

Ava glances at the group of people who attack Ronan previously and said, "You guys should leave. Find a spacecraft and get to safety. After I'm done with big blue here", Ava pointed at Ronan and said, "I'll destroy this ship". Ava wanted to kill Ronan, but she also didn't want the death of people who are actively helping her. And since their group tried to kill Ronan she considers them her allies.

"No, we will help you! This is Ronan for crying out loud. You need all the help you---"

Before Gamora could finish talking, Ronan took this chance to fire an energy blast at Ava. Ava was calm about the attack reaching her but it soon became a mistake. For a split second as the energy phases through her, she realized that her chakra was quickly depleting. She immediately moved out of the way and began to check herself for any injuries.

Every time she phases, Ava uses an extremely small amount of her chakra. She was able to do this by training her chakra usage ever since she was able to learn how to manipulate chakra itself. And the energy blast of the power stone is the first time her phasing ability used up such a large chunk of her reserves. She currently has 60%  of her reserves left because of Ronan's attack.

This was a small hiccup in Ava's fighting style. It seems that now she needs to actively dodge the attacks and not just let them phase through her.

Ava once again looks at Gamora but this time she was also paying close attention to Ronan, she didn't want to be hit by a cheap shot again.

"Look, I can handle Ronan. I'll beat his ass the moment you guys are out of the ship. I'll buy you some time and I won't take no for an answer", Ava said as she dodges an attack coming from Ronan.

"But--"

Ava didn't care about what the man said, she tossed a communication device to the man and said, "Contact me through that when you are out!".

"YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME THAT EASILY! I WILL NOT HAVE SOMEONE STOP ME!", Ronan shouted in anger.

Ava smiled and looks Ronan straight in the eyes and said, "Of course I can. The problem for you Ronan is that your strength lay not within yourself but the weapon you hold. Take that away, and your just a grumpy blue colored man who is living a life through a flawed doctrine".

"YOU DARE!", Ronan shouted as he began firing attacks at Ava,

MEANWHILE:

"We might just make it out of here alive", Peter said as he leads the team to return back to the ship they used to infiltrate Ronan's ship.

Drax, who is currently rubbing his neck as he ran, said, "I could still have fought, Ronan, and win".

"I am Groot", Groot said as he helps his friend to catch up with the group.

"You are right, Groot. If any of us stayed behind then we would just be a hindrance to that woman. Did you see how fast she attacked, Ronan? I for one couldn't even see how she did that", Peter said as he shot two Kree soldiers that were running towards them.

The moment they arrived inside the Milano, Drax, and Groot immediately seated themselves in the back of the spacecraft while Gamora and Peter went towards the front of the controls of the ship so that they could control it.

"Will this still work?", Gamora asked.

With full confidence in his spacecraft, Peter looks at Gamora and said, "My ship can still work. This baby can still take us out of here...No matter how damaged she is".

"If you say so", Gamora replied as she makes sure to wear her seatbelt.

BACK TO AVA AND RONAN:

As chakra flows through Ava's limbs, she began bombarding Ronan will multitudes of powerful attacks. With multiple punches hitting Ronan's stomach, the Kree soldier found himself being dragged through the floor as each attack connected.

Ava was 100 percent sure that the reason, why Ronan could still stand, was because of the power stone he was holding. With the small fraction of energy existing in his body, he was able to tank all of Ava's hits.

Ronan then used the power stone and exploded its power to the surroundings in a form of an area attack in order to stop Ava. Luckily Ava was able to jump back and make as much distance as possible before the attack could manage to hit her.

"Stay still!", Ronan said in anger.

"I rather not", Ava teased as she suddenly disappeared.

Ronan who already knew the abilities of Ava at this point looks at his surroundings. He may be able to receive all of Ava's hits and still live but that didn't mean he likes receiving them.

Ava appeared behind Ronan and she presses the palm of her hand in Ronan's back and a summoning seal began to appear.

Ava immediately jumps to the wall as Ronan was engulfed with a puff of smoke.

"What is this?!", Ronan shouted as he is now currently being hug from behind by one of the phantoms.

"Let's see how tanky you are", Ava said as she formed a hand sign and said, "Explode".

"BANG!"

A fiery explosion then occurred with Ronan in the middle of it. Ava could feel the heat of the fire as she carefully watches through the explosion.

"YOU DARE!", Ronan shouted. Suddenly a pair of purple glowing eyes began to be visible through the thick smoke. Ava had a foreboding feeling that a powerful attack is going to happen. She quickly left behind a clone and she, the original made as much distance from Ronan as possible. And without further delay, a powerful explosion of the energy of the power stone suddenly spread throughout the command center of the ship. The blast didn't just stop there, it spread to at least a third of Ronan's 3-mile wide ship.

"BANG!"

As the Nova Pilots are stopping Ronan from landing on the ground, they suddenly notice a powerful explosion originating from Ronan's ship itself. In fear of the explosion threatening to spread to the Nova Pilots who have all interlocked, Denarian Saal, the highest-ranking officer of the Nova Pilots currently in the air ordered all the pilots to immediately break off and scatter. He didn't want the Nova Corp to lose all its pilots in one day.

Ronan's attack may have been extremely powerful but it was also a major mistake. As Ronan's ship was burning due to the explosion, the ship lost power and was headed straight to the now evacuated city of Xandar.

The Dark Aster smashes multiple tall buildings and destroying most of the capital city until it eventually lost momentum. The burning debris quickly spread throughout the city and this lead to some fires quickly taking form.

Inside the destroyed Dark Aster, a wounded Ronan could be seen standing up from the wreckage of his ship. He had a bleeding forehead and the armor he had worn previously is now partially destroyed. Multiple bruises could be seen in his exposed body. He stops channeling the power stones power in his body to give himself a brief moment of rest before he destroys Xandar completely.

Ronan scanned his destroyed ship and he started laughing maniacally, "HAHAHAHAHA! You think you can stop me! I will make sure that the old Kree rule reign again in the galax-- AH!"

Before Ronan could enjoy his so-called success, Ava appeared behind him and she phases her arm through Ronan's back. Once her arm was inside of Ronan's body, she uses a lightning technique to kill Ronan from the inside. Ronan made a mistake when he actively stops channeling the power stone energy in his body and Ava took this chance to deliver a killing blow.

Before Ronan could succumb to death, he was able to turn around and look at Ava who was also wounded just like him, "--your....sti...ll....alive..how.??..."

Ronan then began to weaken and it was at this moment that he lets go of his hammer. Before the hammer could reach the ground, Ava took it and immediately places the power stone in a container that she had prepared.

Ava looks at the dead body of the Kree Accuser and said, "Your last attack was a close one. I nearly thought I would actually die". Ava sighed and as she walks out of the wrecked ship. It was at this moment that she remembers Myrtle saying that there could be problems occurring in her plan and seems that the Chronicom was right.

32