Chapter 131: AFTERMATH OF RONAN’S WAR
1k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Ava exited the now destroyed Dark Aster, she immediately notices a large number of Ravagers who were going to where she is currently standing. She wanted to escape before they took notice of her but it seems someone already had his eyes on her.

"My love! How long has it been", Yondu said as he approaches Ava.

Ava became annoyed at Yondu and said, "Your creepy you know that, right?".

"I prefer the term 'hopeless romantic'", Yondu replied with a smile on his face. Ava could easily escape but she decided to stay and instead secretly sent a signal to Myrtle so that she could know where she is at.

"My love, I'm sorry to say this but I need the stone. I may have feelings for you but my true love is money. So give it to me, but if you want. We can have the money and romance together", Yondu said teasingly. Behind Yondu were a handful of ravager spacecraft that survive the fight. All of them had their guns ready and would fire at Ava at a moment's notice.

Ava just smiled and she pointed up in the sky.

Yondu was confused but he followed the direction where Ava was pointing at. In the sky, he saw a large warship that was slowly de-cloaking and revealing itself to everyone in Xandar.

"Shit", Yondu said as he saw the warship position its guns and aiming at him and his crew. It wasn't just the warship that just appeared but in a few moments, multiple hunters appeared and were hovering near them. If Ava gives the order then Yondu's crew will not see the next day.

"If you had that thing here, why did you not use it?!", Yondu said in anger.

"I wanted the stone, the same as you guys. I didn't want to lose it due to a fight between warships. Finding the stone would be too much of a hassle if I did that", Ava said with a smile on her face.

Seeing that he was outnumbered, Yondu and his crew reluctantly left and returned to their ship. Being a Ravager or mercenary, in general, is a dangerous job. That's why it is important to keep in mind when something is too dangerous to pursue. And this was a solid example of it.

"I told you something would go wrong", Myrtle said through Ava's comms. Myrtle was talking about the failure of the last stage of Ava's plan, about her ship bombarding Ronan's. Ava just sighed and remained quiet.

MEANWHILE:

A raccoon-like creature entered the Milano and said, "Damn, I thought I lost you guys when the Dark Aster crash-landed. So, tell me do you have the stone?".

"We don't have the stone rocket. Ava probably has it right now. She told us to leave so that we won't be a hindrance while she took out Ronan. It seems we got out just in time", Peter replied. He suddenly received a transmission from Yondu. It wasn't a personal message though, instead, it was a shout-out call to all Ravagers spacecraft in the vicinity.

"All Ravager spacecraft, return to base. Ava has the stone and she is prepared to defend it. It's close to impossible to get it now...Oh yeah, figure out where Peter is. I want to have some words with him"

"So, she does have the stone now", Rocket stated.

"Yep, and based on Yondu's message, we need to leave before they find us. The ship is banged up but it still strong enough for us to travel into space", Peter replied. He then started inputting some coordinates and said, "Let's travel to Naro-Atzia and get our repairs there".

But before they could go to space, Gamora looks at Peter and asked, "Base on the number of times you met Ava, what will she do with the stone? Will she keep the stone and used it for herself or surrender it to the Nova Corp".

Gamora worries that just like Ronan, Ava would use the power of the infinity stone to cause a great deal of destruction to the galaxy. The very reason she wanted to get the stone was to prevent such an outcome after all. And the thought of that happening wasn't something she is keen to.

Peter thought of it for a while and said, "I only know her by her reputation. In fact, she doesn't even know who I am even though I was on the mission where she and Yondu crossed paths. But I am nearly certain that she will not use the stone to kill people".

"What do we do now?", Rocket asked.

"I am Groot", Groot stated.

"I know, we're staying with the team", Rocket replied to his walking tree friend.

Peter controls the ship and they went into space, "First things first, we repair the ship and will think of our next course of action afterward".

"Okay then", Gamora replied.

"Buckle up guys", Peter said to everyone, "Approach jump point in 3,2,1".

The Milano soon went to hyperdrive and went into Naro-Atzia to escape Yondu's wrath.

BACK TO XANDAR:

The Dark Aster may be destroyed and Ronan dead but the battle wasn't over yet, per se. There were still a few Kree pilots that were attacking Xandar despite their leader being dead. Both the Nova Pilots and the Chronicom hunters joined together and easily dispose of these small groups. While this was happening the Nova Corp had to deal with the destruction and the fires that were happening around the city. They just save their planet from a mad man and they didn't want it to burn down.

They took note of the locations that immediately needed repair and the total cost of Ronan's attack. They also had to take note of the unfortunate pilots that died fighting for their planet. And it was because of these circumstances that Ava's meeting with the Nova Prime couldn't be scheduled within the day. The war may be over but she was still busy dealing with the aftermath of the attack. She also needed to contact the Kree Government and tell them about Ronan's death. And this time the Nova Prime would give the Kree Government a piece of her mind.

She had a lot to handle due to Ronan's attack so Ava had to wait a day or two before she could meet her. Ava didn't mind, she just returned to her ship and took some time to rest.

32