Chapter 133: DINNER
1k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan watches the scenery of the city through the window of his limousine. Even though it was traffic due to the people going home after doing their jobs, Ethan still welcomes it. Ethan is a punctual man, he prided himself in always being on time. But right now he was hoping that there would be an accident or something that would give him a valid excuse not to have dinner with his family. Don't get him wrong, Ethan likes spending time with his family. The problem lay not in Ethan but the person next to him.

Ethan glance at the beautiful woman seating beside him and this woman was the cause of Ethan's worry. Hela wore a pale green pantsuit fitted for her body size. Her hair was placed in a tight ponytail, which highlighted her elegant neck, and the most eye-catching jewelry she is currently wearing was a recently bought crystal necklace.

'It seems placing Hela in the orphanage was a huge mistake', Ethan thought.

My grandmother eventually got the news that her grandson has recently been spending time there and this also means that she knew of Hela's existence.

Grandma eventually became intrigued by this woman. So she made a plan to see her. She contacted Stella, my secretary, and told her to make an opening in my schedule. Stella didn't know about Hela but once she got the news she immediately did what my grandmother asked.  The two women then conspired with each other to basically trap me into having dinner with my family. Stella made sure that she opened up a portion of my schedule without my knowledge and when everything was sent into place, grandma called me. At first, I wanted to decline but she was using her old age as a trump card and I couldn't say no. Plus she told me that she and Stella had been working on making sure I have no valid excuse. So, I reluctantly accepted the dinner invitation.

After the phone call, I went and told Hela about it. She was nonchalant about it and agreed on the spot. I then told Stella to get Hela some clothes with Hela's measurements and the rest is history.

"Stop that", Hela said as she looks at me.

"Huh?", I asked.

Hela glances at my right leg and said, "You have been tapping your foot for a while now".

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that I was doing that", I replied apologetically.

Hela for a brief moment looks at me and said, "Do you not want me to see your parents?".

"What?"

"I know I have spent mos----"

I immediately realized where Hela was going with her sentence. She was going to talk about her time when she still training. I placed a silencing seal in the limousine as she was talking. Even though the window connecting the driver and us was up, I was just making sure no leak of our conversation would occur.

"I have spent most of my life in training and in battle. I know when someone is nervous. Tell me is it because of me?". Hela asked.

I sighed and said, "Well…yes, but only partially you". I mean the thought of Hela introducing herself as the goddess of death was in my mind, but that wasn't what I was worried about. She has been staying on earth for a while now and she knows that ain't proper.

She just looks at me, so I continued, "Look, I know my grandmother. And I know what she will be insinuating in dinner. So, maybe just don't react if she asked you anything".

I know grandma, she will immediately ask what my relationship with Hela is. I can't deal with that right now. Add this to the fact that I am still looking for the mind stone, I just can't deal with family drama on top of trying to locate one of the most powerful artifacts in the universe.

"I see, I will try my best", Hela replied as she looks at the view of the city on her side of the limousine.

We eventually arrived and I could see William, John, and April exiting their respective cars. It seems we arrived at the same time. I exited the limo and with me was Hela. The three of them were immediately fascinated with the woman accompanying me.  Before they could say anything, I immediately introduced Hela to them.

After the introductions were over, they soon realized that Hela wasn't much of a talker so I immediately took over the conversation. I wanted to catch up with my brothers but I saw something that caught my eye.

In April's ring finger, is a wedding ring, "Wow, when did the two of you get engaged?".

April blush and John answered, "Last night actually".

"Congratulations. It seems grandma's dinner party is actually right on cue", William said as he hugs both April and John.

The three of us soon entered my grandmother's mansion. Once we were inside I saw our parents talking to grandma, who despite her age already in the '90s was still fairly healthy but she did have a cane for walking.

She didn't know it but I have been secretly giving her life force. I fear that I will soon have the same conversation I had with Bernard with my grandmother. Just thinking about this made me feel sad. But since it was a dinner party between family, I immediately push those dark thoughts away.

"Grandma", I said as I hug the elderly woman, "Well you did it, I'm here".

She smiled and said, "I didn't get to live this long without a few tricks up my sleeve.

"That you did", I replied. I then hug both my parents but their attention all went to April and her wedding ring. My grandmother on the other hand looks at the woman accompanying me.

"So you are the woman that had been spending a lot of my grandson's time in the orphanage", my grandmother said to Hela.

"It was his mistake. He was the one who showed me that place, and I have grown attached to it", Hela replied.

"I see...but the real question is have you grown attached to my eldest grandson", my grandmother asked.

"Okay, that's enough. The interrogation is over", I said as I went in the middle of the two women.

"But I want to hear the answer", my grandmother stated.

"Grandma, look", I said as I pointed at April and John, "Why don't you go celebrate and look at April's ring rather than bothering Hela".

For a brief moment, grandma and I stared at each other's eyes but she eventually gave up on the staredown. She went towards where April was at but not before hitting me with her cane.

"Ouch", I said as I rub the part of my leg she hit.

As everyone has now gathered to April and John and is congratulating them, William told the butler to give each and everyone a glass of wine.

"I would like to congratulate April and my twin brother for their upcoming nuptials, cheers", William said as he raises his glass.

"Cheers", everyone said as we all took a drink.

"Also, before we have dinner, I would also like to say something. I have news", William said as he looks at everyone in the room, "As of 1 week ago, I am a father".

There was silence in the room. Everyone was shocked at what William said.

"What?", mom said in confusion. She looks at William basically telling him to elaborate.

"I'm a father", William said as he drunk another glass of wine.

"Oh no, a child born out of wedlock", grandma said with disappointment in her voice.

Damn William, I think you just save me from having to guard against grandma's inappropriate queries. Thanks, man.

37