Chapter 136: The Team in Space
1.3k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in SPACE:

"Let's travel to Naro-Atzia and get our repairs there, he said. The ship is banged up but still strong enough for space travel, he said", Rocket said in a sarcastic manner as he threw a wrench on the floor. "That was the stupidest thing I heard in my life!", Rocket said with anger as he looks at Peter.

Peter who is also currently repairing a portion of the 'Milano' replied in annoyance, "How many times do I have to apologize! I had enough of you blaming me for this".

"But Rocket is right, Quill. You said that the ship could make it but we didn't", Drax said as he sharpens his blades.

"I am Groot"

"See, everyone blames you for this", Rocket said to Peter.

"Well, perhaps we wouldn't be drifting in space for weeks now if you didn't destroy the communication device that Ava gave us! Perhaps we could have called her for help!", Peter replied.

"How many times do I have to tell you! The communication device had a secondary function. It was also a tracker!"

"You just can't admit that you also made a mistake!"

"No, you can't admit that I right!"

After the war with Ronan, Peter and his group decided to immediately escape the planet and directly head to Naro-Atzia even though the ship was pretty banged up due to the air battle it had in Xandar. Peter assured the group that the ship could still survive the travel. But only after 3 jumps, it became apparent how damaged the ship was.

The Milano began to lose power due to the damage in the power cells and it was only because of Rocket that everyone on the ship is still alive today. Rocket found the source of the problem but he wasn't able to fully fix it. Most of the power cell was damage making space travel impossible. Rocket had to divert the minuscule amount of energy that the fuel cell has for the oxygen system of the ship. This had prompted the ship to drift in space for weeks now. They were lucky that Peter had some supplies that could survive them for months but it would be useless if they couldn't be rescued.

Aside from the power cell, the communications system was also offline. For the last weeks, Rocket has been trying to fix the problem but it seems it was also out of his power. The communication system of the ship needed to be fully replaced. But Rocket didn't want to accept this. Even if he knew that it was already a piece of junk, he would often try anything he could think to get it to work.

Before both Rocket and Peter could kill each other, Gamora entered the room and said, "SHUT UP!".  Everyone was mildly surprised at Gamora's sudden entry and her sudden outburst.

"Come to the bridge, we might be able to survive this", Gamora said as she turns around. Trailing behind her were every single member of the team.

Once on the bridge, they could see a fairly large ship in the distance. "That just appeared a few moments ago. Is there any way we can communicate with it?", Gamora asked the group.

"Based on the design of the ship, I believe that is a cargo ship. I wonder where its headed?", Peter stated.

"HELP US! HELP US!", Drax shouted as he went towards the window of the bridge.

"Shut up you idiot!", Rocket said as he jumps and slaps the back of Drax's head.

"Ouch! That hurts", Drax stated as he rubs the back of his head.

"They can't hear you, stupid. We are in a ship plus we are in space. You can shout all you want but no one will hear you", Rocket said as he looks at Drax.

"Maybe we don't have to, look", Peter said as he pointed at the large ship changing course and heading their way.

"Looks like they saw our ship drifting in space. They probably think that they could salvage this ship for a few thousand units", Rocket said as he went below the bridge of the ship leaving the rest behind.

"Were lucky then. Once we have landed on a planet I can finally get something nice to eat. I have become disgusted with the food available in this ship", Gamora said as she looks at Peter.

"Hey, that's rude", Peter defended himself.

"She is right Peter. The food in your ship is disgusting", Drax added.

"I am Groot"

All of them were suddenly removed from their conversation when they heard the charging of a laser gun. They all glance at each other and immediately run towards the bottom of the bridge. In there they saw Rocket arming himself and checking the weapons they had.

"What are you doing?", Peter asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing. I'm arming myself so that we can steal their ship", Rocket replied as he looks at Peter as if he is stupid.

"We are not stealing someone else's ship", Gamora said with anger.

"Come on, it will be easy. I'm guessing that ship has mediocre guards. We could easily steal it and used it for our own", Rocket stated.

"Stealing? Did it not occur to you that we could, I don't know maybe asked them for help!!! Perhaps we could even pay them!!", Peter said.

Rocket looks at both Gamora and Peter and he reluctantly accepted defeat. Even though he wanted to steal it so badly.

A FEW MOMENTS LATER:

Viro, a man belonging to the race known as Sivians had just recently made a huge amount of money by selling a large quantity of Xandarian Snails. The Sivians are a race that looks similar to that of the humans found on earth. The only thing that is noticeably different between the two is found in eyes. For the humans on earth, their sclera is white but for the Sivians, their sclera has an arctic blue color.

Currently, Viro is in his office documenting his earnings after selling the Xandarian snails. Right now, Viro was headed to Kitson to celebrate. A planet that is infamously known for its brothels, sexual business, and gambling.

A few moments ago, his crew informed him of a spacecraft spotted nearby. At first, he thought nothing of it but he soon changed his mind. He thought that maybe selling the parts of the spacecraft could give him a decent amount of money to spend in Kitson.

Suddenly Viro was interrupted from his work when his crew wanted him to be on the bridge of the ship. They wanted to ask him about an issue that came up.

"What am I paying you for, you idiots", Viro said to himself as he went towards the bridge. There he saw the head of the security team of the ship.

He is also a Sivian just like him and he said, "Boss, the ship you asked as to get is finally docked, but we have a problem".

"What?", Viro asked.

"There are people inside"

"I see. Send them here under heavy guard", Viro ordered.

After a few moments of waiting, Peter and his group arrived. Viro immediately became secretly intimidated by both Drax and Groot. So he decided not to steal their ship outright. He allowed them to stay in the ship until they arrived in Kitson, but all for a price of course.

This was the easiest 100000 units he has earned in his life.

33