Chapter 155: THE TEMPLE OF THE FORGOTTEN -2
846 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, the goddess of death. Impressive, Erik told me a lot about you", Zhang Wei stated. He didn't even care that a huge number of all the incorporeal beings that he had summoned fell by Hela's blade.

As the shriek of pain filled the entire area, Kaecilous threw the mandala shield he had planned to used to defend himself at Zhang Wei and said, "You can't win this Zhang Wei".

Zhang Wei just smiled and stretches out his hand in the air. Kaecilious narrowed his eyes when he saw that the mandala shield was stopped mid-flight. "You don't even know what I'm truly capable---"

Zhang Wei's speech was stopped when in a  blink of an eye, multiple attacks were directed at him. A concentrated lightning attack coming from Natasha, multiple bone shards from Ward, and a swarm of necro-swords coming from Hela. All these attacks were headed straight at him and just to make sure that he would not be able to escape the bombardment, Zero appeared behind him in his cosmic sage mode form. He immediately controlled the space that Zhang Wei is currently occupying and force him in place.

Zero's body was covered with a blue-like glow symbolizing the power that he had absorbed from the Tesseract. With this mode, he was able to control space itself without holding the Tesseract in his hand. With this method, Zhang Wie would be powerless to conjure any mandala shield to block the swarm of attacks coming at him. He had wished to deal a devastating blow to Zhang Wei before he could make any spells that would become problematic.

"Well nice teamwork, but not enough", Zhang Wei said as his body suddenly glowed with two different forms of energy, a dark shade of red and a bright yellow glow.

Zero became shocked at this. Whatever Zhang Wei was doing instantly repelled his control of space. The sudden outburst of energy that Zhang Wei had released was incredibly powerful that all incoming attacks were flung out of trajectory. In fact, Zero needed to actively block the outburst headed his way. He crosses his arms in front of him and controls the power of his cosmic sage mode to form an energy shield in front of him. But even with the type of defense that he had implemented, he was still propelled a couple of meters away.

He then teleported in front of his team and he became shocked at what he saw. After the energy ceded, Zhang Wei's figure could be seen wearing full body armor, but that wasn't what concerned Zero. He had already learned from Kaecilious that he had stolen the Destroyer armor that he had given to the Ancient One to study in the past.

There were actually two things that made Zero react the way he did. The first was the mind stone that is currently embedded in the forehead of Zhang Wei. It seems that Erik wasn't controlled by any type of spell. He was in fact being controlled by the mind stone just like Clint in canon.

Learning where the mind stone ended up was shocking, but it didn't compare to the shock that the second artifact did to Zero. In Zhang Wei's hand was the Darkhold. In canon, it was said to be the book of infinite knowledge, but it was also known in a more ominous name, the book of the damned.

"How did you find that book?!", Zero stated. Now he knew how Zhang Wei could defeat the Ancient One. He was channeling power from the Dark Dimension directly without performing Dormammu's ritual. With the infinite knowledge contained in the book, there are bound to be multiple ways he could channel power from the Dark Dimension without Dormammu even knowing about it.

Zhang Wei just smiled at this as he looks at Zero and said, "Don't just keep your eyes on me. I'm not the only one you need to be mindful of". The moment he said that, nearly a 3rd of all the Phantoms in the area were removed from the battlefield.

Suddenly Zero received a new set of memories coming from the clone he had left 5 kilometers away. The memory contained information about his clone losing control of multiple Phantoms at rapid succession. He tried to take back control and figure out what was wrong but the clone found out that the connection he has with those Phantoms was cut off. This had prompted his clone to react immediately by taking out all the Phantoms that were still in his command and poping himself to tell him what happened.

"Damn it!", Zero said as he looks the hundreds of Phantoms still in the area. He could tell that something was wrong with them. He then tried to personally reconnect the connection he had with the Phantoms by the seal he had placed in the back of each of their necks. But after doing multiple hand signs, he found this to be a task he could not do, just like his clone.

"Interesting isn't it", Zhang Wei stated.

After studying them for a few moments, Zero immediately found out that the incorporeal creatures from the fear dimension were the cause of him not being able to control the Phantoms anymore. The swarm of incorporeal beings that Zhang Wei had ordered to attack them previously was nothing more than just a ruse. There was in fact another group that was tasked to subtly take control of his Phantoms.

In an instant, Zhang Wei had made Zero and his team the one being surrounded.

"Is this what I think this is", Ward said as he readied his bone armor for battle.

"The incorporeal beings have possessed the phantoms", Zero told the group.

"Well, shit", Ava stated.

It seems that due to Zhang Wei having Erik in his control, he was able to formulate a strategy to counter Zero and his team. Zero then immediately took out the Tesseract and without even saying anything he teleports Natasha and Bucky out of the fight.

The Phantoms when they were alive were injected with the super-soldier serum and the chakra expansion drug. Each of the Phantoms had fighting skills that were beyond human capabilities and have chakra levels ranging from mid-genin to mid-chunnin. Having Natasha and Bucky with them would only make the fight harder for them due to them making sure that the Phantoms won't swarm the two individuals.

"Give us a necro-sword each", Zero said to Hela.

Sealing the Phantoms is the original way to handle any edo tensei, but since Hela's necro-sword could easily kill the incorporeal beings, Zero theorized that it was another method to deal with his rouge Phantoms.

"You think that using her conjured blades would work?", Zhang Wei teased.

"tsk", Zero replied with annoyance.

"Controlling Erik, one of your disciples was actually a good idea. I never would have thought that you had such a powerful army at your beck and call. Too bad it will lead to your death", Zhang Wei stated as he then opened the Darkhold. Out of it came multiple energy links connecting to all the Phantoms that were possessed.

Zero narrowed his eyes at Zhang Wei's statement. Sure the Phantoms were powerful, but they couldn't be compared to him and his disciples. In fact, even Hela could beat them. Only Natasha and Bucky would have a problem dealing with them but he had already taken care of that issue. He found it hard to believe that Zhang Wei would make a wrong analysis of Erik's intel.

"Go, Boom", Zhang Wei stated with a smiled on his face.

Before Zero could realize it, he saw all of his Phantoms turning red and activating the explosion seal that was written in their bodies. Somehow he could feel that the energy link that Zhang Wei placed on them had increased their energy even further. This would result in a more powerful explosion to occur.

"Shit", Zero stated.

The combination of more than 300 Phantoms self-destructing resulted in a powerful explosion that filled the dome that Zero had created.

 

23