Chapter 5 – Dokk’s Weapons
89 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It's f-fine if you're still below 5, y-you don't have to be embarassed. Heh.”

Seeing Dokk put on an irritatingly smug face, Yeung was convinced.

“Those video games must've fried your brain cells. The hell are you talking about.”

“W-wait— you really don't know?”

Yeung snorted, “You're messing with me.”

“I swear on my v-virginity.”

“Hmmm—Alright, I believe you. How do I check?”

“There's this UI on the corner of your eyes w-where you can see your level. You can even open up a tag to browse your skills.”

User Interface? Yeung once again grew skeptical.

“Did you get laid while I was gone? I'm not seeing anything you're describing.”

“I swear on your v-virginity.”

“...Screw you—! I really can't see anything.”

Yeung snapped but didn't refute, he felt frustrated— not because of Dokk's swearing but because his insistence made it seem that he was telling the truth.

Levels? Skills? Yeung would have at least felt a bit of satisfaction from beating up the goblins at the bridge if he had those. Counting how many heads he had smacked with a crowbar and getting coated with ketchup wasn't really fun.

“Ah crap, I forgot the crowbar!” Yeung remembered, he had dropped it at the bridge after beating up the big goblin.

“Crowbar?” Dokk asked.

“Yeah...” Yeung began telling the story of his return, from the welcome arch, the bridge, and the convenience store(some parts omitted).

“You beat a goblin c-champion with a crowbar?” Dokk gaped, “Your strength stat is a cheat! Why were you born with such a cheat!?”

Yeung shrugged. He wasn't really faced with a situation in which he had to think of a reason why. Though his parents did a good job on raising him. Repeatedly making him watch superhero movies like the man-spider or Man of Iron.

Yeung iterated, “With great power comes great—“

“So you always s-say. Making such an excuse to avoid being drafted into the s-sports clubs.”

“Huhuhu. I wasn't really interested— Anyways, goblin champion?”

“Yeah, I also see m-monsters names and levels on top of their head.”

“Tch.” Yeung clicked his tongue. He was jealous.

“Wait, so you can't see mine?”
“N-nope.”

“Forget it... So how'd you get a gun?”

Dokk grinned and gestured for Yeung to come inside the house.

He followed Dokk to the basement door, “You better not be keeping some kinky stuff in there.”

Dokk laughed and opened the door.

“What do you think?” He asked, waving his hand into the room.

“If you showed me this a few months ago... I would have reported you to the police.”

In front of Yeung's eyes was an assortment of modern weapons.

Handguns, pistols, rifles, army knives— Dokk had everything.

“Are these grenades? Holy crap.”

“Go on, take what you like. You're gonna need something better than a crowbar if you're planning on walking around.”

Was he this good of a friend? Yeung mused. He started rethinking his initial statement about Dokk, “...Maybe a little...” He muttered.

“D-did you just say something?”

“Nothing, don't you have something I can swing?”
“Firearms and explosives laid out and this d-dude asks for something to swing.” Dokk shook his head disappointedly.

“So, do you have one?”

“O-of course, I do.”

Dokk left the basement for a couple of minutes before coming back with something huge wrapped in newspaper.

“Oh my— Is this!?”

“Y-yes it is, a perfect replica of a b-buster sword.”

Yeung marveled at the large sword.

“Wah—This is amazing...”

He was also a fan of the Finale Fantasie series. Seeing a life-sized replica of the sword the main character used, Yeung was excited.

“Damn... Okay, so where's the thing?” Yeung threw the replica aside, “Surely you're not asking me to swing around this prop? This rubber thing can't hurt anyone much less a goblin.”

“Hehehe, but w-wouldn't wearing that thing in an apocalypse be badass?” Dokk laughed.

He grabbed something he'd left behind the basement door and tossed it into Yeung's hands.

“Now that's what I'm talking about.”

“A Claymore, bought it off the internet from one of those Forged in Flames blacksmiths.”

“You sure this ain't a knockoff? Feels a bit light.”

“Genuine steel, m-made by pros.” Dokk rolled his eyes, “Only you w-would say that it is light.”

Yeung held the large two-edged sword in his hands and raised it to eye-level. He licked his lips staring at the unchipped edges of the blade.
“A decent weapon. Huhuhu.” Yeung let out a ferocious grin.

Dokk stared at Yeung, puzzled at the sudden change of character.

“—Didn't know you were this m-much of a sword otaku.”

“What?” Yeung shook his head slightly, “Oh Nah, I don't know how to use a gun so better to go with the good ol' hack n' slash.”

Dokk replied in a doubtful voice, “Whatever you say.”

A gun otaku shouldn't be lecturing me, Yeung thought. He stared at his heavy blade again, the thought of using it mysteriously excited him.

Good handle, good steel...

“Was I really secretly a sword otaku?” He considered, while giving the claymore a few quick swings.

“So? W-what are your plans?” Dokk asked.

"I need to go home first.”

“Hey— Yeung...” Dokk spoke hesitantly, pointing to the direction opposite of Yeung's house. “The city m-might be a safer bet than that direction.”

“The city? Of course I'll head there, but after I take a trip back home.”

Yeung sheathed the claymore and strapped it to his side.

“Hey—“

He was about to ascend the basement stairs before Dokk placed a hand on his shoulder and stopped him.
“Y-your house... it doesn't matter anymore—“

Yeung looked over his shoulder and saw Dokk moving his lips but holding back his words.

“Hey man, it's' alright. I already prepared myself.”

He seemed to be thinking of words to say.

“I-it's dangerous.”

“You don't have to come with me, you know?”

If he says so then it must be, Yeung thought. Still— he had to see for himself.

4