Chapter 10 – Gob, Gobb, and Gobby
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...There were only three ways out of the campus. One was through the opposite end of the road, which they had to cross the entire courtyard to get to. Another is from exiting this end of the road, and the last one, excluding the huge hole made by Yeung, was the smaller one he'd made covered by the large tree.

If he'd read Dokk correctly, the plan was to make as big of a commotion as possible while the siblings escaped to that hole. Although, Yeung hadn't the foggiest how the sister would get to her brother.

Bang!

“Guaakk!!!”
Bang! Bang!

“Guhaakk!!!”

Within the walls, the goblins clamored over the seeds of thunder falling from the sky.

“Dokk can only have so many grenades... guess I'll have to help him out. Huhuhu.”
Yeung inhaled as much air as his lungs could hold and yelled out, “Over here, you ugly bastards!!!”

His voice rang out from his location and like the sound of the school's lunch bell, caused all the green-skinned kids to come out of their classrooms.

“Where did I stop—? Oh right, three—!”
Smack.
“ Four and Five—!”

Smack. Smack.

Swinging his crowbar at each emerging goblin, Yeung thought it was funny.

With him being back here in his alma mater, he recalled memories of his parents visiting the headmaster's office, apologizing for damaged facilities, other student's injuries—a broken arm or leg.

“Six, Seven, Eight—!!!!”

Smack. Smack. Smack.

...All throughout his life, he lived with various constraints. Although there was this one period he had acted unhinged— for the most part, he believed he had been holding himself back properly, but with today's events...

“Twelve!!!”

Smack.

...The strength in each of his blows became more unrestrained— confidence building up in every strike, it felt good to finally let loose.

“Twenty!!!”

With the number of green lips kissing the ground reaching the secondary decad, the cyan glow rising from their bodies congregated and appeared like a steady stream of water floating up into the air.

Yeung was standing atop the stream and was immersed within its flow. His body was absorbing the glow like a parched land welcoming the arrival of rainfall.

Huff...

Low, guttural sounds involuntarily escaped from his throat every time he exhaled, while a raging fever started spreading throughout his body but not encumbering his movements. Rather, the rush made him feel like he could keep swinging his crowbar forever.

“Hmmm...? Are there no more goblins?”

His rhythm was broken as there was a sudden lack of them coming out from the wall.

Bang Bang!

“GUHAAKK!!!”

Gunfire from inside followed by a loud cry reminded Yeung that there was still the goblin champion to worry about.

He rushed into the hole— figured that he'd culled enough of the herd so he wanted to have his rematch with the leader. And as he clenched his fists, he recalled the morning's other encounter, the bridge fight.

“Not quite like back then, but it'll have to do.”

His body was wrapped in cyan just like back then, but he felt like now, he was in the driver's seat— fully in control of his actions.

“Dokk —! Heuk!?”

Yeung ran past the cafeteria building and entered the courtyard intending to help his friend, but instead crossed eyes with three massive goblins scaling the side of the cafeteria wall. Three pairs with glossy red pupils, one of them looking through the partitions of a crude iron helmet.

“GUUAHK???”

Three names had immediately come to mind once he'd seen them.

"Wahh... It's Gob, Gobb, and Gobby..."

Dokk yelled, “Y-Yeung!? Why are y-you? G-Get out of here!!!”

He was on the rooftop. It seemed like he had used all his munitions, seeing that there was a pile of goblins underneath Gob, Gobb, and Gobby.

“I'll be alright! Go meet up with the siblings and take them to safety!”

Dokk frowned but he couldn't argue with him. Yeung was already running to the goblin champions who were abandoning their wall-climbing attempt.

Yeung swiftly came up to the first one that landed and delivered steel to its face.

“Twenty-Eight. Gobby's down.”
He didn't immediately follow-up on the second one as the third one, the one with a helmet, landed right beside it. It made a louder thump on the ground as strapped on its back was the large bone-sword that it used to smack Yeung through the wall.

What now? Yeung thought. He pushed his tongue against his cheek as he took a quick glance around.

“That's it.” He whispered, before leaving the two goblin champions and running around the courtyard in an irregular fashion.

One of them, Gobb, chased after him, while the more intimidating one wearing a helmet, Gob, watched amusedly.

“Wah— Slow down, friend. I'll play with you later, right after—“ Right after he'd absorbed the experience points from the surrounding dead goblins.

There wasn't much of an effect absorbing the cyan glow from one goblin, but after taking in a lot, evidently, he started feeling changes within his body.

Firstly— Yeung wasn't feeling tired nor fatigued and kept sprinting while passing his hand over dead goblins. Gobb was behind him running as fast as it could to catch up to him, but couldn't close the distance and instead fell behind while starting to pant heavily.

Secondly—Yeung was feeling confident. Not in himself like earlier which led to him being smacked on the head, he was becoming more confident in his strength which he felt was growing rapidly as he absorbed more experience points.

“Twenty-Nine.”

After making one round through the courtyard, he made an about-face and quickly delivered a kick to Gobb's stomach, bringing its head down within reach of a swing of the goblin-slaying crowbar.

Yeung turned to face the remaining goblin champion and tossed his crowbar aside before making a provocative gesture with his right hand. He pushed his tongue to his cheek, staring at his opponent in anticipation as he looked forward to having this rematch.

“That leaves just you, Gob. Huhuhu.”

“GUHUAKHUHAK!!!”
The goblin champion replied in garbled language before breaking into a crude laugh. It seemed that it understood Yeung's gesture as it unstrapped its weapon and dropped it on the ground. It then cracked its neck and returned Yeung's gesture.

“Wahh—? Didn't think a goblin would know how to raise its middle finger.” Yeung gaped.

4