Chapter 1 : Birth of the Abominations
167 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have you ever picked a fistfull of sand ? It isn't really efficient, most of it will fall through your fingers.

As Ephrenos picked a handfull of Souls from the Underworld to reincarnate them in his homeworld, the same thing happened, souls flew throught is immaterial fingers and spread themselves through the Void.

Even hurried and young, He was a God and enought souls reincarnated sucessfully in the 6582th Plane of the Kernith Dimension. But a few of them drifter around in the Void at the border of the plane. Having achieve his objective and his hand still full with the matter of the war, he decided that it was useless to spend time picking them up to reincarnate them or sent them back to the Underworld. The Void would soon break them down and absorb the remaining energies.

They were innocent, but Ephrenos wasn't one to sacrifice his precious time for them. He had only joined the "Absolute Good God Alliance"  to fight against the Chaotic Gods who attacked what was once his home, and were some of his descendant still lived.

 


 

Hiding somewhere in the Void, Souris, a demonic God was facing a dilema.

The 6582th Plane was one of the strongest Plane of the Dimension and his churches in it were pretty profitable. It had once given birth to a powerful God, but he had gone to greener pastures and as long as Souris didn't go overboard, he wouldn't have trouble with him.

Everything was fine.

But trouble had befallen on the Plane. A Chaotic God had started to absorb it. The Plane was headed to his destruction.

And he was fine with it... honestly ... he could always go collect Faith on others planes. It was just a momentary setback.

But Ephrenos, the native God, didn't give up this plane, and it survived the initial onslaught. Now both of the bigshots were fighting in influence over this Plane. Since they were both Gods, they couldn't fight here or they would damage the plane.

The Planetary War started like that. On Ephrenos side were the world's natives, on the other were armies of monsters created by the invading God. Obviously, it didn't look like a war for the native, as it would happen over millenia and centuries, maybe even Eras. The Chaotic God just had to genocide enought locasls to destroy Ephrenos' influence, and he was currently winning.

Up to now, still no problems to Souris. BUT !! Ephrenos was a sore looser ... and he used "hero incarnation".

The concept is simple, boost locals forces with heroes to get the upper hand in the war. To reduce the cost on himself, he took souls from the Underworld. A classic.

But the heroes were born on the "good guys" side, and Souris wasn't in it. Even if his followers were local and on the side of Ephrenos, once the Planetary War was won for the natives, the "righteous" heroes would then fight for the "good" of the Plane, and that mean, against his believer, the evil Cult.

And his greedy believers weren't ready to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, they wanted champions of theirs own to survive.

Here is the main problem of Faith energy, it was a double-edged sword. It gave great power but bounded you to your believers. In normal time he could abandon a few thousand cultists without too much problems. But to call for his attention and to be heard (they didn't know his attention was already on the Plane), they decided to conduct a massive ceremony.

As worshiper of an "evil" god, you may have guessed, that it included a lot of death and pain. The massive amount of Faith suddently generated had bound him even tighter to them, and he couldn't ignore them without incuring a severe backlash.

The backlash would be felt by all of his worshippers from every planes and they would most likely give up on him. While helping them might put him at odd with 2 god who were waaaaaaaaaaay stronger then his cowardly self. It was practically suicide.

Turning his attention toward the border between the void and the plane, he had an idea that would minimise the costs and risks. He grabbed the decaying souls floating around and stitched them back together a bit randomly, forming distorted souls with conflicting personalities.

His worshipper's genocide would be their own demise, they had put themselves on the spottlight and the "good" native wouldn't leave them alone. Even with the excellent potential of his "heroes", the situation and their damaged soul wouldn't let them grow fast enought, they would be squashed. He still had to run away from this Dimension as he was afraid of the other 2 and he now had their attention.

He incarnated his atrocious creation in the massive pool of blood and flesh his follower had created in the middle of their massive pentagram. Looking to the bound of Faith between him and his follower, he could see that they weren't exactly balanced, Faith was harder to fool then he thought. He send his creation some blessings before running away, satisfied.

 


 

A man fully dressed in a black dress with dark red symbols and wearing a few golden accessories was clutching his head in pain. His eyes widen by disbelief. As the pope of the "Church of Hell", he could feel their god better then the other cultists, and he felt the connection violently severed.

He was standing next to a massive pool of blood and some of his subordinate were fishing out strange eggs out of it. To his left, a figure wearing a mix of cultist robes and armor asked :

"Your Holiness, what do we need to do with His gifts ?"

On his other sides was a massive man, he was also wearing cultist robes but with a mask, and no inch of his skin was visible as it was covered by tight bandages. He looked at his master waiting for his order.

"Just separate them in cells, and wait for them to hatch. Keep an eye on them at all times." Said the Pope.

He was a cunning man, and he just had the feeling that he had been fooled. Still, he couldn't spit on the gifts of a God.

 


 

He didn't remember his name or anything about himself. Most of his memories were incoherent. From what he could see, it was a mishmash of differents lives. He knew that he once was more complete, but he then felt a great warm followed by the deepest cold and loneliness.

His "eyes" snapped open. He could barely see around him, his eyes were like severely out of focus cameras.

More memories started coming back to him and clarifying themselves. They weren't one being, but many, and they were now one, as they had all partially fused together. He didn't know how many he was. But they were all fighting together with the exception of one, the biggest, him. The other souls fragment didn't come close, they were afraids. He finally became one again, by separating himself from the other fragments.

He changed his attention to the outside. His body.

He was laying on the cold ground in fetal position. His body was ridiculously small, but he wasn't underdeveloped, like a baby would have be. He tried to sit, but his body didn't answer.

To his surprise, his body had a violent cought, before starting to rise himself without his input. He wasn't in control of his body. Yet he could feel it. He could feel the blood coming out of his nose, eyes, hears, and mouth. But moving on all four, his body dashed to the side of the room before rolling into a ball with all his senses scanning around him. His body closed his malfunctionning eyes to enhance his other sense, searching for danger.

The consciousness thought of what he had seen. His long arms, clearly not human, ghastly pale, with sharp claws at the end, and longer then his legs. He once was a human, and he knew it, but now, what was he ?

3