Chapter 5: The Others
788 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through a minute or so I felt wasted on the ground like I just died and survived, how tall was the height I fell from, I couldn’t even take a guess, maybe space maybe?

“Fucker…”

I insulted him one last time even though I had already reached the ground, thought it was almost impossible for him to hear me I took my chances.

“Erm, Sir, Are you okay?”

Wait?... a voice?

Not a low-pitch instead a high pitch kind of voice talked, my eyes were closed though my guess was that the voice talked at me from above, basically it was looking and speaking at the top of me, like an angel?

I opened my eyes to only be surprised, there I saw a woman, no, a young girl, probably in her 20s, her face was clear and pale like an angel looking at a fallen demon like me, she also had long blonde hair, an almost impossible hair color in my country.

I see, they must be the ones the God meant by ‘chosen humans’, they must be in the same condition like me.

“Why are you guys standing? Why am I the only one on the ground?”

I talked to her in a manner like I was buying food in the market, it wasn’t quite an insult but since she looked like somebody that was often living the luxurious life in a mansion or villa, I couldn’t help myself.

“Well…”

She avoided eye contact with me before she completely stopped worrying about me, it seemed she didn't know the reason, or maybe it was just first impressions and then another voice intruded.

“We teleported here safely since we were prepared, how about you? You seem to be a soldier why are you the clumsiest one?”

I looked at the voice somewhere at my right, to see an also blonde hair young man, presumably also in his twenties. He was arrogant, he also looked at me with a look of haughty disdain.

I may not be right but… American or British, no, not the latter he didn’t have an accent.

Then there was also another one at the far left of our line, he was quite dirty and was wearing rugged clothing, there I wasn’t able to guess his nationality.

As I was about to stand up from my lowly state, I felt something at the palm of my right hand and I also saw my left arm that actually returned to my body, it was shocking to me, because I thought that god said something about dying with only what you carry, but since I was back from the dead, did he somehow use his own power to restore my hand? was that 'Magic'?

I looked at my right hand to see what was on my palm and saw a revolver, a pitch black one, I held it at the grip of it, and by what it looked like, it was a smith and Wesson variant, specifically made for short and long-range combat, it can use the magnum cartridges and others, I suppose.

I wasn’t a gun expert it was just research since we stole supplies and weapons from the, well our enemies. So, I knew a little or more about foreign weaponry.

“Good evening heroes, I am Captain Voleer, of the Royal Knight Corps. If you may, will you present your weaponries to us?”

A voice of a stereotypical 50’s old man voice suddenly asked us, as I was on my butt, in a sitting posture on the ground, I finally had a clear view of the room.

There I finally had a glimpse of the room, it was a large room but not too decorated it was just walls of stone covering the room with torches hanging on some parts of the room lighting it up and there was also the ceiling, in the center of it was a circular skylight, we four on a large circular like object, probably the teleport they mentioned. There I saw multiple light armored guards and black robed priests or so. But what got my attention was that instead of guns or rifles, they held on their hands were spears and swords, whilst the priests held a tall wooden staff on their hand.

The fuck is this scenario?

“Sir, if you may stand up and present your weaponry, it is needed for us to collect your weaponry before entering the Royal Palace.”

As he said Royal Palace, I had a guess, that I was in a monarchial country, I was in the medieval age or just a monarchial state, I suppose, for their weaponry collection I suppose it was needed since they had to protect the king from attacks. Do they know our powers and abilities and where we came from?

“I see.”

I stood up from the ground and made an attention like posture, my back straight and my hands on the sides, whilst I held my pitch-black revolver on the right side.

I looked at the others and noticed the people near me also had different weaponry, but it wasn’t guns, to be honest a gun would be the most logical in the choices. As I looked at them, the dirtied man I saw was holding a crude wooden Bow, like it was made quickly dropping the decent build and didn’t dare do anything else and called it a day, but its size categorized it for a hunting bow, for the arrogant man next to him, he held a sword, I might identify it as a longsword, it had extravagant decorations and it’s grip or handle was made entirely of gold and a few gems.

As for the girl, she held nothing, as in nothing. As for me, I had a revolver, it quite separated me from their fantasy group, I was basically a war hardened veteran, so the normal choice I would take was the one that can make my chances to survive higher.

I then saw 4 guards walk towards us and as they reached us extended their arms forward, probably signaling to hand over our weaponries and other belongings.

As I saw the others give their weapons except for the girl, for some reason, I soon gave my gun to the guard in front of me, but I was still wary and vigilant of them, if we gave them our weapons then were at a disadvantage if they betray us.

But as soon I gave the guard, my revolver, it started disappearing, like it faded into thin air. I was surprised but the guards and priest were shocked, they reacted differently, I mean the gun just disappeared into thin air, can’t it just be made from dust, now thinking back at what I thought, it was a shitty excuse.

They then looked at me with fear, like I was a ghost, I mean I was the God of Death’s chosen human, so if they knew that would they be scared as hell.

“Erm, well it disappeared… is there a problem?”

They looked at me still with a scared and vigilant expression, but the knight captain soon took initiative and fix the problem that I caused, I mean I didn’t even know my gun will disappear in the first place.

“Um, yes, that is a problem, maybe your mana still is unstable, please follow the maids outside and they will escort you to your room.”

He said and moved out of the think wooden door of the room, he extended his arm to the door where a few maids where waiting for us to go outside.

As he signaled us to go out of the room, all four of us complied, of course they were also wary, maybe became more wary because of me, because as we went out the room a large number of guards and priests also escorted us outside, leaving only the knight captain and a few guards and a priest.

We seemed to be inside a large stone tomb, by what I could analyze it was in a spherical architecture style and the room we teleported in was at the very top, we were currently going down the spiraled stone stairs.

As we walked down, we passed a large stone window, and saw a large city made of stone, bricks, and wood, their design made them in the medieval era, supposedly. There was also a large wall covering the entire city, probably from a siege, it could be seen even from the inner most part of the city, which I guess, we were currently in.

“Hmm, quite unusual, but nonetheless I am still alive.”

I looked at the other three of the said ‘chosen humans’, Like I guessed the blonde hair man, an American, The Blonde hair girl, I don’t know, but I guess European, as for the brown-haired guy, maybe European too.

Like I thought earlier, all of us had different standing, the American, I suppose the son of a rich man, the only girl, since she is European and is currently wearing a dress, I have no surprise she is a member of a noble or rich family also, as for the Brown-haired guy, he seemed like he is in the working or lower-class, And then there is me, a man of war.

This group is shit, that’s what I can say.

I tried being as normal as I can and decided to act accordingly, I looked at one of the priests who was behind me and asked him a question.

“So, what nation is this?”

I asked, since we were sent here accordingly, they must have at least prepared believable answers.

“This is the Kingdom of Vestilio, one of the great Kingdoms holding one of the ‘Heroes’ teleports in Cirleio.”

Heroes teleport? Did that god literally just squished me into a teleport? he could’ve just said to stand upright and wait, damn, that son of a bitch.

I was outraged by that god, well that was amazing for my first introduction. To be honest, it could’ve gone worst, but there is still more than meets the eye, he said: “one of the great kingdoms holding one of the Heroes teleports” meaning there is more. So, the God was right, there were more of us ‘chosen humans’ but for what reason. I didn’t pry any further as it would be too suspicious, but my guess would be...

War...

After a few minutes of walking down the spiral stairs, we reached the bottom floor where a large door built entirely out of iron was built, it also had golden décor on some of its part, it was the only entrance and exit in the circular building we were in. as we got closer the guards and priest formed two parallel lines at the opposing edges, they formed like an honor guard and we were leaders of another nation being welcomed to theirs.

Inside we all heard a muffled sound of a trumpet being blown on the other side of the door, obviously for a signal, maybe it was their high-ranking officials or high profiled individuals, like senators or military leaders.

As I looked at our surroundings, it was then I knew I was still wearing my officer’s uniform, my shoulder dress insignia labeled me as a high-ranking officer for a young man. I don’t know if these politicians or high profiled individuals will even respect me.

As I looked at the others, they also wore casual clothing, excluding the girl, who wore a dress, and also the brown-haired guy, he wore rugged clothing, like he was just taken out of the slums and then transported here, to be honest the American guy is the one who is literally wearing casual clothing

As the large door opened, I squinted and covered my eyes, as a large beam of light entered the room, the room was kind of dark being lit by only torches and all, but as soon as my vision adjusted with the light, we were greeted by a young female, my guess was she is in her 20s or so, behind her were people that were in their 40s and 60s wearing dresses, tunics, suits, etc.

“Greetings Heroes! Welcome to the Capital of the Kingdom Vestilio, Sienna. Oh, how ill-mannered of me, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is princess Maya Vestilio, the first princess of the Kingdom of Vestilio.”

She grabbed the skirt of her light-colored gown, lifting it up and slightly bowed in front of us, by how she acted, we seemed to be well respected.

“Now then, Heroes, we have already sent the letters to the other kingdoms to send their heroes for a banquet, you may prepare yourselves for the banquet in due 5 days from now.”

Other heroes?

I knew it, there were more of us, is this a competition on which who is the most powerful one or not. But a banquet, do they meant for us to start conversing with the others, I mean that is possible for good coordination and communication between each other, but we have power that no normal human can match, doesn’t that mean all of us will just be arrogant and cocky with the other heroes, because well, there’s more than 1 hero, of course there will be the one that will hog all the attention.

But hopefully that isn’t the case.

The four of us then walked to the princess and bowed just like her, giving respect to her, she then smirked and did a tour of the grounds of their ‘Palace’.

Their Palace was large, it was massive and extravagant, something that many kings want to show their power and wealth, it was mostly made of marble and bricks, its height was a few 4-5 floors I didn’t know the exact height. But it was split into massive sections and there was a large and tall building at the very center, probably the king’s room or chamber.

I wasn’t the medieval type historian, I was more of a war historian and armchair general when I was young, so I only know medieval battles not medieval architecture.

As we walked through the garden like a tour, we entered the large marble palace and there I experienced quite an extraordinary tour. I haven’t visited any European countries since I lived in a 3rd-rate country but experiencing a tour of an extravagant and grandiose like palace was beyond my dreams.

We continued our tour of the palace until they ended it with finally reaching our room, we were given a large room for accommodations and were allowed to be treated as guest of honor or high standing officials.

The Princess and her guards left us inside the room, they didn’t even bother segregating the female from the other three males, but I doubt any of us would be stupid enough to commit rape.

But I guess this is a way for us four to improve our relationship, so in combat we will be more effective and coordinated.

“So… how did you die?”

Somebody asked, from behind but the voice was familiar, it was the American, and he looked at us with a look of distrustfulness.

“I… was executed…” The Brown-haired guy announced.

“I had a sickness…” the Blonde girl said to us three.

“Well, I was assassinated… so how about you young officer?”

As he asked me, all three of them looked at me with curiosity. To be honest I was supposed to say I was also executed but wouldn’t that mean that I betrayed my country and they will think of me as a traitor, assassinated too was, of course, like a lie, I was a hated officer but nobody dared to assassinate me or other officers since we needed every brain we got in the war.

Should I say my body was riddled with bullets?...

“Erm… Well…”

31