Chapter 7: The Story of a monster
638 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It all starts back at his youngest age, he was just a young boy, he loved reading books about war, history of war, military tactics, he loved it, he thought if he could use all of them his way, he could protect those that were dearest to him…”

I then continued my story to them, starting from my childhood like the others and my world’s history. From my youngest days I was a war fanatic, I loved reading about war and history of warfare, though I never saw it, I felt the horrors of it, but what caught me was their intentions.

Many countries started war because expansion, riches, colonization, but what they couldn’t see from those countries, were their people, if war happened not only soldiers will be dragged on the war, but also the people, then that made me a question: Why was there war in the first place?

That was when I came with theories that many would think I was crazy. It dragged back to the earliest years of the earth, many civilizations surrendered and pledged allegiance to the stronger one, it was a prey and hunter type of game, the weak civilizations pledges absolute loyalty and allegiance to the stronger one.

But they didn’t care what their people would think, at first many civilizations were free city states, they had their autonomy, economy, citizenry, and most importantly… Identity. The people of those states had an identity on who they were, once they were occupied and controlled by a larger power, wouldn’t that mean they had to give up their identity, especially if the stronger state rules with an iron fist.

That’s when oppositions started, they fought to protect themselves, they protect what was dearest to them, they didn’t listen to their commanders and leaders, they fought for their lives and family. If your ruled by a larger power wouldn’t that mean they could do whatever they want to you since you were just a weak power, that was what I thought.

Because of that such reason, I became a soldier to protect what was dearest to me, from an early age I read books of war, from the early military tactics to the 21st century warfare. I enrolled in the military academy to do just that, until the war started.

I saw headlines stating:

[Breaking News: The Sino-Philippine War has started, the People’s Republic of China Declared war to the Republic of the Philippines because a Philippine fishing boat was said to have fired against a Chinese Naval Vessel of the Spratly islands, which was officially signed by the UN as part of the Philippine Area of Responsibility.]

Such a war begun with the citizens fleeing from the country, their faces filled with Dismay, Despair, concern, etc. over the 5-year war, the Philippines stood their ground without any support from any foreign power, the people that fought, soldiers and civilians, rich or poor, weak or strong they fought till the bitter end, including me, but little did we know we were slowly turning to… Monsters.

I was one of them, I commanded my men to do what was needed in the war, I massacred those that collaborated with the enemy, without mercy I killed POWs, I started a war against rebels that wanted to be a third-party in the war.

Little by little, my humanity faded away from me, I started massacres and daily killings became normal to me, I didn’t enjoy it but I still did it, I did what I thought was right.

“Slowly but surely, I became a monster, I lost my humanity, my emotions slowly faded, I lived by the gun, I lived to see the horrors of war that I wasn’t able to see when I was young… That was when I knew my Theory was debunked… It was all for personal Glory…”

That was when my memories attacked me, like an entire barrage of artillery aimed and hitting my mind, the memories of those horrors, it came back to me, I saw it all happen again. Outside my body I didn’t react, like a stone statue but inside my mind was like another war commenced.

“Sir Theo! Sir Theo!”

Then I suddenly heard a girl calling me, that was when I came back to my senses, Adellyne and the others seemed to have called me and shook my body, when I regained my senses it suddenly stopped its attack, it was my first time experiencing that.

“Sir Theo, your story is enough, it’s fine, this is your second life, right?”

Second Life, yeah that’s right…

That was when I remembered what that God said: “this will be your second life, use it wisely” And before I knew it I was no longer in Earth, but in another world. I don’t know why I was summoned here or why my new life starts here, but it was good enough.

“Actually, Which God is your patron?”

Justin suddenly asked us, then added.

“I was chosen by the Goddess of Light and Hope as his chosen one.”

We were kind of surprised that by his background he was chosen by the God of Light and Hope considering his background.

“I was selected by the Goddess of Life.” Addelyne responded to his question a few seconds later.

“I was Chosen by the God of Justice and Truth.” While the Brown-haired man, Simon, then replied that shocked us three.

We kind of actually understood why Simon was chosen, I mean he lived in occupied-France, he was polish and his mother was a Jew, he fought for justice by what the Nazis where doing to the people, so I mean he was a good choice.

“About me… I was chosen by the God of Darkness.”

I can’t help but lie, but I was technically telling the truth, I was chosen by the God of Death, Darkness and the Underworld, so I was technically telling the truth.

At first, they were shocked with a hint of fear in their faces, but Addelyne and Simon understood why I was chosen by that kind of God, but for Justin, he still seemed to have trust issues with me. I mean I wouldn’t blame him if he was allies with somebody that was chosen by the Darkness.

“It seems it’s already nighttime, how about we sleep now.”

Addelyne said to us, to where all three of us boys looked at the balcony, to see the two moons of the world, one was small and violet and the other was larger and was colored Blue, it was no doubt, this wasn’t earth.

As a military officer, I was off with whatever I could sleep in, just as long as I could sleep in it, it was enough for me, but I don’t know what the others would do though, considering there are only two bedrooms here.

“I’ll sleep at the sofa, there are at least two rooms here for some reason. Couldn’t they have at least renovated for another or two other rooms.”

I suggested and criticized how the room was arranged, there was a young girl and three other boys, who the hell even thought of this.

“Anyway, since it has come to this, I’ll request the maids to try and find a bed or another room.”

Addelyne suddenly said to us, since she was born in the upper-class and part of the nobility, I wasn’t surprised, but Justin sure didn’t like it, from the looks of it he has literally fallen for her.

She stood up from the other side of the sofa in a charming like manner, she also seemed to hold her skirt down, as if she knew somebody was trying to take a peek.

“Anyway, I’ll leave the night to you Gentlemen.”

Addelyne waved her hand to us before exiting the room, leaving only the three of us. But the problem was, Justin was somewhat vigilant and he also acted like the spoiled and arrogant man he said, he was two-faced, He acted different when Addelyne was around, but when it was just us Three, he wasn’t scared in showing his true self.

“Actually, Theo your background seems that I can’t trust you, you committed war crimes and was executed by your own government, doesn’t that mean you betrayed them.”

He said to me, to which I tried responding back.

“Just be-“

He stopped me mid-sentence.

“I don’t want your excuses, it’s just that I can’t trust somebody like you.”

He said to me with a look of disdain and walked to the bedroom at the far right of the room, leaving me and Simon alone sitting in the sofa.

“Don’t worry, though I still have doubts, I don’t want to lose your trust, I am the God of Justice and Truth’s chosen one, I won’t believe in lies.”

I see, but doesn’t that mean he might have a power to know what are the lies and truth, is it a passive ability or something else, but still he has his doubts about me, I can’t let it decay.

He stood up from the sofa, to which he put both his hands on his thighs, like protecting his ass, it was like he had a feminine side, the way he also walked to the other bedroom at the far left it also seemed like he was walking like a girl, I didn’t know if it was true or just my eyes and thoughts.

I looked at the balcony again and looked at the two moons the violet and Blue one, to think this was actually a different world.

I was inside what I presumed to be in a medieval fantasy, though I hadn’t read or watch a lot of those kinds of stuff I heard my junior officers talking about a fantasy movie that just released in the states. When I asked them about this fantasy they said:

“Sir, In a fantasy, Reality can be whatever you want, there are dragons and magic, not to mention powerful people that exceeds normal humans, then there are this kinds of animals that look like humans but are like humans in terms of intelligence.”

I doubted them about what they said and ordered them to get back to their post, but now, I’m inside a fantasy world, just wow.

I soon prepared myself to sleep and laid down on the comfy red sofa with both my hands on the back of my head as a pillow and my legs on crossed on each other.

“Better use my second life wisely.”

And then fell into my sleep, I didn’t have any dreams and just went straight into sleep.

***

As I was still in my sleep, I felt the sun’s rays hitting my face and eyes, when I awoke it was still the sun rising, probably it was just 6:00 as the sun was still rising, but nonetheless I’m a soldier waking up early is my normal routine.

As I woke up and raised my body from the sofa, I was suddenly surprised to see a silhouette of a person outside the balcony, the door and curtain were closed but due to the light from the sun I saw the silhouette appeared not to mention the door was a glass door.

I then stood up from the sofa and prowled towards the curtain and immediately pulled it to the sides, revealing the silhouette, but it was none other than Simon, overlooking the city inside the palace we were in.

“Ah, Sir Theo, I knew you would wake up this early.”

He said to me, as he overlooked the city, I was quite suspicious about him, I knew he was part of a resistance movement, but this early.

“Why did you wake up early?”

I asked him warily, he had doubts about me and I have doubts about him, it's just fair play, all of us are suspicious.

“I was just looking at the city it’s like Paris but without the Eifel tower and the Seine river, I wanted to see how the sun would rise in such a beautiful city.”

“I, I see.”

I was still vigilant around him, that kind of excuse won’t work, I knew he was thinking about something I just couldn’t guess.

“Anyway, I suppose I’ll leave that to you… I’ll be inside if you need anything.”

I said to him before shutting back the curtain and leaving him alone at the balcony, he was kind of conspicuous since he was standing and was very visible at the balcony. And if I’m correct with Medieval and aristocratic culture, he will be insulted more or less by the nobility since he is currently wearing such rugged and dirty clothing.

But that isn’t my problem, there are still more problems for me… like my fucking gun, I can’t bring it back.

*** (Simon’s POV)

[Title: Hero of Justice and Truth] [Level: 2] [Exp: 98/380]

[Defense Quest: Protect the Hero of Death] [Possible Quest if Hero of Justice and Truth Accepts]

[Reward: (There is no Reward) How can you be called the Hero of Justice and Truth if you ask for something in return]

“Why give me such a quest? I don’t even know why…”

25