Chapter 19: Requirements Fulfilled
437 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyhow, I survived the fall and escaped, but it bought with me serious consequences, I didn’t want to go any deeper in the dungeons and that was what I just did, I jumped and survived and is now currently stuck at the very bottom of the ravine.

To be honest, not what I had in mind, especially since I am now almost a waking corpse but after recovering from my fall, I sipped water from the ravine and started my journey in the depths of this deadly abyss filled with demons and monsters.

I didn’t expect that I would survive from that fall, because of that I had to experience a more hellish experience inside this goddamn dungeon.

But still, I expected more from this world, this is just pure torture, my new life was to scavenge decontaminated food and water that I could eat and drink, not just that but I had to hide and scavenge in the shadows because those monsters walk the halls of this dungeon, sometimes solo and sometimes in droves, either way it wasn’t safe.

But I needed to continue…

***

Unknown days later, Axparixkus dungeon, floor ???

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!”

I yelled aloud, it echoed in the dark and damp caves system as I was running away from, the [Chains of Despair] had not only restricted my movement but also increased my fatigue and I was more prone to be more tired.

My weakened body could only run a few 5 kilometers I think, I haven’t eaten for I don’t know how many days, I forced myself to drink both contaminated and dirty water and as long as it looked like water, I forced myself to drink it to survive.

And for how many days I haven’t seen light, I’ve been running and hiding under rocks and small dens and cavities, day by day, my fatigue was increasing and I could feel my entire body about to collapse even when just standing from the ground.

“I can’t…”

As I ran, my body finally gave up, though I wasn’t followed nor being pursued I needed to keep a distance from the monsters that were residing in this dungeon, they are not only high-leveled monsters but their numbers are frightening also, they aren’t the ones that we fought on the surface, they are more of animals and acted as disorganized beast and their intelligence is just for a hunter and prey.

If they find something that moves, they’ll immediately attack it, and I’m one of those moving objects, I already saw the horror of one of the monsters that reside here, just like I said, a hunter and prey situation, the strong hunts the weak.

Since I was just an ant compared to that monster’s size I wasn’t noticed, instead it ate another nearby monster that was currently hunting me, if my fatigue wasn’t increasing like it is now, I could’ve use that for my advantage.

“But… I can’t fucking… move!..”

I was angered at my own body for not being able to move as properly as before, my body is weakening and it was no doubt, my mana was drained in one entire go and my strength is decreasing, if I was to pick how I wanted to die, not like this.

At least I gave my victims a proper burial ceremony after I killed them. They were humans, I respected them, why am I treated like this! You could’ve executed me in front of a public crowd, why hell! Why must I be eaten by monsters!

I kept yelling my mind, my entire body’s strength was diminishing, I forced myself to inhale and exhale the air inside the dungeon, as I did that, I could feel the strong aroma of the miasma that covered the entire dungeon.

If I remember and did my research right, miasma is a noxious type of gas and even just a small amount could damage entire organs and cause organ failure or even make the body deteriorate to the point that only the skeleton frame and bones will be left.

No, if I read the book right, if you inhale to much miasma every single cell of your body will decay to the point of nothingness.

Well, that’s one good news, I’ll die inside a massive gas chamber along with flesh-eating beasts, in my mind I was already depressed, I had lost everything again, for what? human greed.

“haha… hahaha… Hahahaha…. AHAHAHA!”

I laughed, echoing across the cave’s confines, my laugh was my death, but what else could I do? I was long gone from sanity, my reasonable and logical mind slowly disappeared, only leaving an angered and empty mind.

“Hahahah…”

I couldn’t even look straight, my vision blurred as if something like a fog was now covering my view, I was also unable to move a few parts of my body, I was paralyzed, I think.

“Goddamn it! again!... fucking president… how about you talk to y-“

Without any reason I suddenly puked, regaining what little sanity I had left to at least thing of a reasonable plan, it couldn’t keep going like this, I needed to escape. But what had shocked me was the liquid that I puked out, it wasn’t blood nor the food I ate, but it was a black substance.

It was a black substance, I couldn’t believe it, I had 2 guesses, it was neither impurities that the [chains of despair] had resulted in, or… the black substance from the miasma, what floor even am I on?

If I remember correctly, since I couldn’t go up since there were monsters and beast waiting there, I went down, in hopes to find more larger and wider grounds to hide in, since I had a guessed, there were larger monsters in the lower floors so it’d be obvious to make the floors larger and bigger for the to roam.

And eventually my guess was right, but in the cost of unknown substances that only a select monsters can survive in, undead monsters that rely on their [Cores] to survive discharge miasma as it was deemed their waste and their scent, the scent of their miasma is also used as a mark for their territory, like wolves that shit on their beds.

The miasma I stated earlier seemed to be that of a powerful one because ever since I dropped down on this floor there was a large amount of dead and rotting bodies, all of which didn’t die of wounds but died by asphyxiation, at first I thought those dead monsters were the only ones affected by the miasma that was released, because I wasn’t affected… yet.

So, because of my poor judgment I took the flesh of those dead monsters, not the rotting ones but those that were still intact, I still had common sense during that time, but it ended poorly for me because as I ate the meat of those monsters immediately I suffocated and my condition suddenly worsened, at first I only puked out normal excretory substances inside the human body, like puke and whatnot.

I didn’t expect that I would also attain the black substance in such a short period, I was good as dead to be honest, when I remembered what the black substance was I had a reaction where you knew you fucked up, so you just accepted your fate, but that was the least of my worries.

My insanity came to bite me back in the ass, that laugh earlier, well who knew there was a goddamn high-ranking undead monster here. From afar I could notice him, how? its miasma’s scent was growing stronger and stronger, I felt like I could die just by staying still and smelling it.

“Fuck…”

I whispered, I then tried to stand up quietly and escape, I did that for the past few days or something, whenever I sensed an unknown presence, I’ll just run like I was being chased by a truck. But the monster that I encountered was beyond… ‘normal’.

Before I did any rash decisions, I looked at its direction, it walked slow and I could hear its footsteps and something being scraped on the ground, along with it breathing in a slow and heavy manner that echoed through the cave’s halls, like a monster that hadn’t been released for years or the sound of a hazmat mask breathing.

This… what are you?

I tried staying still and hid behind the rock that covered me, I soon saw a monster that I haven’t seen before, it was walking on its feet, normally the monsters that I encountered were 4-legged, but he was the first one I saw that was bipedal.

From the shadows of the caves, it finally revealed itself taking my attention with my eyes directly at its body, it was an undead knight.

An undead that wore armor and was holding a broadsword, the sword was scraped on the cave’s floor as it didn’t bother on holding it with both hands, it walked slow, but it’s miasma excretion only became stronger, but was it dumb?

To answer my question, I took a pebble from the ground and threw it, there were two ways that it would react, 1, it would walk over there and think of it as an enemy, then I can leave scot-free, or 2, it won’t, if it acted like the former then its dumb.

I threw the pebble from a distance in a discreet manner, not showing my presence to that walking monster and after flying for a minute it hit a wall, and it didn’t react and instead kept walking his pace, but where was he going?

Oh, wait…

Did it already sense me? It was walking in a slow speed but certainly it couldn’t, right? this wasn’t part of my plan, when I fought the undead, they were mostly skeletons with light armor and weapons, but this, this is not ordinary.

He wore heavy armor, he wore headgear and such a large sword, not to mention his body was 7-8 meters high and his chest was wide, it was a big one, by its size and how it acted, it was no doubt.

It swung its large broad sword at the rock I was hiding behind at the rock’s sides and almost sliced it in half, but it was suddenly stuck at the center.

“A commander-class!”

Commander-classes, were as the title says, commanders, they were strong and were hard to kill, but their intelligence is only that of a hotheaded but logical buffoon, it sensed my presence and wanted to kill me first, no wonder it didn’t react to the pebble.

“Damn it! you fucker! I can fight you one on one if I wasn’t debuffed!”

I shouted at it, I didn’t know if I was just provoking him or just yelling out my stress and anger at him, both seemed reasonable, I looked at him at suddenly my entire body stopped, I was unable to move.

“Wha-“

I was dumbfounded as to what was happening, I couldn’t run nor escape from that monsters, instead I stood like a target waiting to get hit.

“No! Fuck! Move dammit!”

I yelled at my own body but to no avail I was a statue, I was unable to move, if I was going to die like this, at least I wanted to take somebody with me.

Come to think i-

I was suddenly sliced on my chest living a laceration that even my ribs felt, I was then thrown on the ground like a lifeless corpse because of the force of its swing, my entire body soon trembled and I was unable to move, my blood spilled like a water container being stabbed and its content were now leaking.

When I finally came to my original senses, I came to think, why was I was always like this? Because I was a soldier and I soldier’s job was to protect the people? Was that the reason I took the blame and my death without fighting back? I though it would’ve change since this isn’t earth, but I forgot, humans are the same no matter what happens.

Oh, I forgot… so much about life…

By how they trialed me like nothing, by how they treated me not only in this world but also at earth, I wanted to do it, kill them all, but the thing that kept from the breaking point was because I was a soldier tasked with protecting the people… their lives…

Haa, I’m such a fool…

I wanted to bring back what I’ve felt for such a long time on them, not only those wretched kings and nobles, but also those greedy Heroes, I came to their aid by they didn’t bother helping me, I was left to my own devices even though I gave them everything. they had the [System] and I didn't they were supposed to also come to my aid.

Ah, How Naïve…

[Hero of Death]

[Are you willing to sacrifice everything?]

“what?”

A sudden screen showed up right in time to witness my death, but its question was tempting, was I willing to sacrifice everything? I had already nothing left in this world and in Earth, I’ve lost everything. So, the answer could only be…

“Yes.”

[Are you willing to be the Demon?]

This question! I remembered it, that god, I’ll leave everything, my humanity, my emotions, everything, I’ll lose my humanity to be a monster… such a funny question…

“But I’ve already lost my humanity…”

There was no other answer except for…

“Yes, I’m willing to be the Demon.”

[all 3 requirements have been fulfilled]

[Hero has chosen “Demon”]

[Hero shall lose: Humanity, Emotions, Sympathy, remorse and guilt]

[Giving Reward: Access to the [System] and ability to summon [Familiar]]

It said in the screen, before I was stabbed on my chest and losing consciousness by that undead monster, either way I was already dead, my humanity gone, and I wanted revenge… I wanted to repay humanity, I wanted to repay them a big debt by the dead.

In my last moments, in my filled was only anger and hate that I had accumulated, not only in this world but also in Earth…

I wanted them Dead… Everything… DEAD!

19