Chapter 22: Archbishop’s Blasphemy
416 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything must come to an end!

He said in a frustrated and angry tone, it was obvious, the way he vented his frustration and anger on just that one sentence, he looked at the two heroes and tightly gripped the scepter and pointed it at the two heroes.

“Don’t tell me you believe those heretic’s lies!”

He, again with a frustrated tone yelled, that rang aloud in the entire church that soon went into silence. For an Archbishop to be that frustrated at another religion that is little to no difference than his, it was suspicious as if something was wrong.

Aristotle, who was now more wary and skeptical at the almost questionable and crazy Archbishop, not only did he abandon his post at his church but also visited a small town for some reason, he looked at the two paladins who were still at attention, they didn’t dare move and were very disciplined.

“Archbishop, this may sound rude, but such legends don’t exist?”

“Of course! It won’t exist! Those heretics! Those!... They Fabricated lies! Everything isn’t~!”

He suddenly stopped and gasped for air, as if something was strangling him from behind, no, as if he was being strangled by a large and powerful force, but for some reason, even though the Archbishop looked like dying from asphyxiation, the two paladins didn’t move.

“H-hey! Aren’t you going to help the Archbishop!”

Naoki yelled at the two watching paladins all of a sudden, but to no avail, the paladins didn’t react nor heed any calls from the heroes, Naoki soon looked at the focused Aristotle, who was too fixated at the dying Archbishop.

“Arist-“

“Shush!”

Aristotle didn’t pay any attention to the concerned and hesitant Naoki, who seemed to not know anything about the current situation, Naoki was concerned, Aristotle watched, the Paladins watched, and the Archbishop was dying.

Aristotle! Y-you can’t just watch a man die, I mean he may be crazy but come on?!

He thought, he was about to walk and try to save the dying Archbishop who was now on his knees and still gasping for air, as he took a single step forward Aristotle stopped him as he placed his hand on Naoki’s shoulder, stopping what he was currently going to do.

“Don’t.”

Aristotle said seriously, it seemed as though he didn’t want to interfere nor rescue the dying Archbishop anytime soon, instead this made Naoki furious, before they talked like good friends but it seemed as though it was not the case anymore. Yes, they may be different, but Naoki didn’t think that Aristotle would be that apathetic to help a dying man.

“Watch the door…”

Aristotle whispered to Naoki, the tone and pitch was just right for the two of them, for Naoki it may seem vague and like a wind blowing through his ear, but he was still understood what Aristotle said.

Both heroes soon looked each other with a gaze and Naoki soon followed his order and waited at the door, vigilantly, he waited but he still didn’t understand what Aristotle was currently doing or what he meant by guarding the door.

Is there something that a NEET like me can’t understand? I mean sure he may be that smart, but I’m his ally.

He started questioning what was happening, a priest was dying and his bodyguards were just standing like nothing was happening and his ally, a hero was just watching somebody dying in front of him and not doing anything.

With what was currently happening, Naoki’s friendship and trust was wavering, but it seemed as though Aristotle, cared little to none about their 1-day friendship.

Haa, I mean to be honest who’d want to be friends with me…

Meanwhile, the Archbishop finally stopped being strangled, with what happened before, he had dropped his scepter and placed both of his hands at his neck, as soon as he regained his senses, he looked at Aristotle in an entirely different view.

“Excuse me, pardon for my rudeness.”

Adding with that different look was the way the Archbishop shoved off what had happened as if it was nothing, whether how he acted Aristotle became more wary on the priest, for a human to shake of something that life-threatening like nothing.

What are you doing? That doesn’t seem like normal asthma…

Aristotle pondered, bewildered by how his escorts, the paladins, reacted, but also how the priest acted, did he have a sickness of some sort? Was he cursed? He was literally gasping for air like it was limited, after regaining his senses acted like it was nothing.

That can’t be true…

Aristotle, was being confused by his opponent, it wasn’t the first time, but it was surely one on the list that actually made him very perplexed.

“Again, let me repeat, we are not your enemies, but your allies, all I wish is to save this world and place back on the right track! Don’t you understand Hero of Wisdom!”

The Archbishop soon exploded in anger, by how he acted it seemed as though he was a short-tempered man, he was neither stating the truth or lying but was also very persuasive. Normally if a man shouts that you’ll help to save the world, you’re crazy, but its quite different when a priest says it, an Archbishop to be precise.

But Aristotle wasn’t buying it, he was a man that only believed in facts, he won’t consider or speculate anything that hasn’t been proven or at least has believable evidence.

“I’m very sorry, Archbishop, but I don’t believe such a thing to happen…”

“What?!”

The Archbishop was dumbfounded, it was true that it just myths and legends but it also had facts mixed in it, the people of the world knew little to nothing about the heroes and their capabilities. But all of them had 1 thing in common, all were related to life and human life.

The Hero of war and Destruction, Boryslav Caz, started multiple civil wars and devastated countries.

The Hero of the Anvil and blacksmiths, Bernard Martel, a man that loved created weapons that could protect those that were dearest to him.

The Hero of Medicines and Remedy, Lisa Chibana, a young girl that wanted to save many people from sickness, a young girl that had a bright future.

They were chosen because of their personalities and history, a man such as Aristotle, Hero of Wisdom and knowledge is of course hungry for knowledge, the Archbishop thought that if he mixed facts with legends, he thought he could’ve persuaded Aristotle to join him, but he was wrong.

“You too scared, legends and myths are not proven, sometimes it’s just made up story to make people believe in it, but when mixing facts that are proven and legends that are not, it will only neither confuse or persuade your listeners…”

Aristotle soon looked at the Archbishop and said with a straight face:

“In my world there is a quote: once you lie to somebody and he finds the truth, you must be prepared to lie as to why you didn’t tell the truth.”

Aristotle soon laughed and looked at the Archbishop whilst smiling:

“Now then, I still have time, why don’t you lie to why you can’t say the truth?”

He soon cornered the Archbishop that saw through his words, the Archbishop soon exploded in anger whilst fearful of the man that was currently in front of him.

“…Ahahaha… As expected of man that wants knowledge… I was too high of myself that I thought I could lie to a man that can’t be persuaded.”

He soon aimed his scepter to Aristotle and the Paladins soon unsheathed their swords at their waist, after unsheathing their swords they walked near the Archbishop, from the side aisle and through the massive rows of the church’s seating, the pews, and finally beside the Archbishop.

The Archbishop was at the center whilst the Paladins were at the flanks, a 3-man unit, a good spearhead and defensive formation, but was there more than meets the eye.

Aristotle took a small bottle of mana from his coat's interior pockets, specifically made for him by the Hero of Medicines and Remedy, as the Hero of Knowledge, he needed mass amounts of mana to use his special skill [The Brains and Eyes of God], it used 70% of his mana, just to know the secrets, weaknesses, predecessors and successors along with provided and proven evidences, of those that he wanted to analyze.

All he had to do was use his skill and he can analyze whatever he wanted, if he used it now, he might find a weakness or flaw in the Paladins and Archbishop, regardless of Level, but it would be more efficient and enhanced if Aristotle and his skill was in a higher level.

Never thought I’d use it in such a small fight…

Aristotle had anticipated that the fight won’t be easy, two paladins and an Archbishop, they had exceptional strength and a large mana pool, fighting them with sheer strength won’t be enough, you need to use brains to against your enemies from time to time.

[Use Skill [The Brains and Eyes of God]

The skill didn’t need any type of magic circle or even made a magic circle whilst casting, but instead of a physical one it was only seen at the eyes of its caster, specifically, Aristotle’s Eyes, if you would look closely at Aristotle eyes, there will be a magic circle the same size as his pupil.

From afar it may seem like a useless skill, but it was more powerful than what many people thought of it to be.

[Weakness has not been identified]

[Paladin armor: Semi-Adamantine, strength is not enough to penetrate armor]

[Paladin’s Mana pool size: estimated at least 27,000+]

[Archbishop mana pool Size: estimated at least 63,000+]

[Unknown entity and unknown essence has been detected]

[Unknown entity Mana pool size: ??? (level is too low)]

Unknown entity?! What?!

Aristotle was suddenly shocked as his assessment had reached such a result, he soon looked at the three men and casted another skill, this time a different one.

[Cast skill: [God’s Eye]!]

[Warning: Level too low!]

Dammit! Just give me something that I can use!

Aristotle yelled in his mind before receiving a Reply.

[you will use [God’s eye] for double the mana consumption, Yes/No?]

Dammit! Yes!

Aristotle yelled in his mind like there was no tomorrow, he was already pissed and didn’t want to waste any more time.

[Unknown Entity has been controlling victims mind and emotions]

[Unknown Entity’s level and strength is unknown]

[Unknown entity is related to ghost and phantoms]

Aristotle looked at the three men and soon saw a large cloud of darkness behind the three men, by how the cloud formed, it was like a puppeteer controlling and playing with his puppets.

[Unknown Entity has noticed the presence of [God’s Eye]!]

Shit!

In the heat of the moment Aristotle made use of his remaining mana and use one of his skills [Foresight]

[Cast Skill: [Foresight]!]

It was the ability to predict something in the near future or any predicaments its caster wants to predict, and the answer he got was terrible:

[chances for victory… Estimated… 5% percent…]

13