Chapter 27: A bullet built to suffer
304 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours or so, with the help of my familiar, I was able to limit the damage that I received from the [Chains of Despair] when using Black Magic, as we trained, he informed me more information about black magic, necromancy, my skills and abilities, etc. he was a good mentor, although he had a grim voice I could understand him very clearly.

I replenished my health and practiced my abilities excluding the [Soul Devour] and [Reaper's Call] skill, I also practiced with the revolver I was given with, after a total of a year or so in not using a gun or any weapon of the modern era, I was finally given a chance to shoot again, my first shots were absolute shit, my accuracy became rusty while my precision kind of changed.

I’m practicing with guns; how do I get the bullets? Well, my familiar, during our lecture, first taught me about a certain skill a few heroes have, that is the [Matter Creation] skill, though it is just currently under level 1 for me, Bernard, Hero of the anvil and Blacksmiths, already was at level 5 when we were summoned, who knows what level he is now that a year or something had passed.

Each hero, if I’m right, had a certain set of skills that they excel in, like Bernard, he excels in blacksmithing and creation skills or so and lacks on combat and defense skills, if I’m right also, Lisa, Hero of medicines and remedy was also an alchemy and potion expert, I didn’t know the skill but I just overheard it during one of my visits.

And for the current time, both me and my familiar didn’t know what time it was or how long have we’ve been training and practicing, what was needed to be actually done was can I do it? can I actually use such inhuman or superhuman abilities?

“Of course, like hell a monster such as me won’t.”

“Not yet.”

My familiar near me spoke out, I didn’t see his face but by his voice he seemed to have point.

“I understand, but I need to affirm my resolve, I chose demon, so I’ll show how a demon must act.”

I responded before creating iron cartridges with purple lines engraved on it, using the [Matter Creation] skill, it was a useful skill but my creations were limited to only small objects such as bullets and so, more so, those purple lines that were something like engraved in it, I didn't make that, it automatically engraved itself as I created the cartridges.

“You are in for a surprise human, I shall see how a self-proclaimed demon such as yourself will do, entertain me, for his Majesty has high expectations of you.”

He said with a tone of contempt on me, like belittling me, he was my familiar yet he barely gave me any respect, it almost seemed as though it was the other way around, I was like a slave or something like a pest in his eyes.

“Then must you prepare the stage or is it already set?”

I replied to him, disrespecting him back, which might off ticked him off, he only nodded at me before, in the middle of floating in the air, he slowly started vanishing, his body dispersed like the smoke while being blown away by a gust of wind, the black smoke that covered his body started to scatter before fading to nothingness, leaving nothing of his presence and aura, like he was never there to begin with.

It was a sight to see for me, a grand exit of some sorts, but I could tell he was near me, he was my familiar Afterall, and remember the contract signing he is always near me, he just hadn’t acknowledged me yet.

I loaded the cartridges with the purple lines into the swing-out cylinder of my jet-black revolver, as I loaded the 7 cartridges inside, the revolver’s frame released an aura, it wasn’t strong but I definitely felt it on my hand as I held it, then slowly as I kept looking at it, purple lines starting from the cylinder and to the hammer and grip started being engraved on it, it kept carving this purple glowing lines up to the barrel before finally stopping, its new look was like a revolver with purple-like veins.

I looked again at my new revolver’s frame and kept rotating it, trying to see what it looked like from different angles, it still had its purple veins on all parts, my first thoughts was that it was because of the bullets, but I didn’t know how, I guessed magic.

“You do look intimidating, but can your strength match up with it?”

I said to it, before holding it casually and walking out the deep cavity that I was currently residing in, what I needed to do was practice and do what I need to do, before I was the prey, now I’m the hunter.

“I want to finish this quickly.”

I walked towards a suspected monster infested area casually, I held my revolver in line to my waist, it may seem as though I was like patrolling the streets of a city but it was far from that, I was still as vigilant and had a quick reaction time like before.

I continued to walk inwards and deeper in the cave’s dungeons, before hearing a strange type of sound echoing through the halls of the dungeons, it was some sort of chewing noise, it was chewing something very quickly, a monster that chewed that fast must be very hungry.

Nearing another cavity near the walls is where the chewing sound became louder and louder, I leaned myself against the wall and prepared my revolver, as I was about to look around the corner of the cavity, the chewing sound stopped.

Choosing between attacking now or not, my mind was confused before choosing the former, I immediately showed myself to the cavity to where I saw nothing but a dead rotting corpse of a monster.

It had disappeared, by how it reacted it must’ve sensed my presence, I must have also released an Aura that I haven’t noticed, it also seemed it left in a hurry there were still leftovers organs of the rotting corpse on the ground.

As I was about to walk closer to the rotting corpse and investigate it, I sensed a deep chill behind my back, it was a cold breeze I felt something like it before but it wasn’t this cold, I raised my hand and ignited a small ball of purple flames before noticing something wasn’t right.

The cavity was leading to a dead end, meaning it couldn’t escape from the opposite side and was supposed to escape from my side, I didn’t see it I only heard it was eating something, it left in a rush and there was no other way to escape other than my side.

Wait a minute…

With a quick guess, I hastily looked behind me only to see nothing but an empty entrance, I felt something cold from behind me earlier but there was nothing, from what I read about Aura, Aura was a very rare type of magic essence it was barely understood and there were a lot of theories about it, but right now, I can’t use it.

*** (Third Person POV)

Theo who was looking at the cavity entrance that he entered just a moment, he was silent and a drop of sweat was present dripping down his black hair, he held his gun at his waistline with his index finger gently caressing the trigger of his weapon.

Then from behind him an unknown shadowy figure appeared, just like his Reaper Familiar it appeared using both a mix of air and miasma but it wasn’t the same as his familiar.

It was taller than Theo, unlike Theo’s Reaper Familiar this monster appeared with his whole body, legs, torso, arms, head, everything appeared in the midst of the black air.

It appeared soundless, it restricted its presence by controlling its Aura’s emanation, by doing this Theo didn’t know where exactly was his invisible enemy was, Theo was dumbfounded as the silent monster slowly started materializing itself, its body started appearing from the black air to a darkish gray skin and thin body.

It was a centimeters taller than Theo, its body was hunched, it’s eyes were glowing bloody red, its hands were long accompanied with elongated nails that looked like it can pierce armor, its face was deformed, more deformed than the monster that Theo killed during the capital raid, it was like a melted human face, its jaw was dislocated and was dropped at a certain reach that made its appearance look like his mouth was always open, making his enemy think that he was a monster that ate flesh and skin.

As he was about to complete his materialization, he gave a cold, powerful and ominous exhale of miasma at Theo.

***(Theo First Person POV)

Again, I felt a cold breeze from my back, was it playing with me? Was it some sort of deception tactic? I didn’t know, I thought it was a simple and mindless monster like those that were hunting me from above, was it something more powerful and intelligent?

I looked back behind me to the rotting corpse and didn’t see it, but instead I saw a darkish gray type of skin, it looked like it hadn’t eaten for days and its ribcage can be seen from outside, noticing what it was and what my current situation was.

I looked upwards the torso and saw a humanoid like monster taller than me, that looked back at me giving me a horrifying glare, it’s neck was a longer than a dagger and its head was nothing more than a skull that had a deformed face on it, its mouth was wide open like it was about to eat me.

“Shit!”

Noticing what it was I immediately aimed my gun to its body but I was immediately overpowered by the walking humanoid monstrosity, it grabbed me by my neck and carried me like a doll, my face was in line with his, there I saw a more detailed look at his deformed face.

Its eyes where glowing like blood, its mouth was always open since it showed sings of dislocation, its teeth was no more than a dream for him and its nose was also nothing more than a hole, it was truly nothing like I had seen, was this. the original demons that used to serve the First Demon King, Axparixkus?

It maybe a little more smart than the monster I faced on the upper floors, but its intelligence was still that of a monsters, I pulled the trigger of my revolver hitting straight into where his liver was supposed to be.

After shooting one round through the front of his body possibly hitting the liver, I shot another this time through his side body, when I mean side body, I mean the right side of his body, I rotated my aim and aimed it at the right side of his body which meant it’ll go through his body and exit through the left side, possible hitting the stomach, a few organs, and destroying parts of the ribcage.

As soon as I released those two shots into his body I looked back at his face and noticed that his eye color changed, from blood red eyes to reddish-purple eyes, as I looked at his eyes he immediately released a loud shriek that rivaled a female teenager losing her makeup kit or cellphone.

As it released its shriek it threw me out of the cavity we were fighting in, it was strong enough for me to reach the other side of the wall and then from my perspective, I saw a tall and deformed monster through a cavity as it screamed and pushed its body against the walls of the small cavity, it was something like a horror movie.

Then from afar I noticed its body, from the place where I shot him was glowing light purple, there were purple veins appearing and drawing themselves on the monster body, it was just like my gun, when it became longer the monster’s scream became louder and louder that I got irritated and shot him again, this time at the chest.

(Bang!)

My revolver shot the bullet with a tremendous amount of power and speed accompanied with a powerful sound of dry gunfire, music to my ears, not to mention the way the monster screamed it was like I was burning POW’s again.

I heard the bullet hit the monster’s chest to where he was now paralyzed, his shriek weakened and was no more than an exhale of breath, then just like the first shots, purple veins appeared on its chest, it made me perplexed, my skills didn’t have those kinds of effects.

“What the… [Inventory]!”

I said aloud to try and know something about this gun, it seemed very off.

[Revolver of Suffering]

[This Revolver personally created by his Grace, God of Death.]

[Effects: [Eternal Suffering]]

[Eternal Suffering]- Every time a cartridge is loaded to the cylinder there will be a 5-10% chance of [Vein of Eternal Suffering] to appear on the target, depending on how the shooter reacts, the percentage will increase or decrease.]

[In Shooter’s current case, shooter showed an ounce of fear and satisfaction to the suffering of his enemy, increasing the Percentage to 48%]

“T-this…”                                                                                                                                                             

[The [Vein of Eternal Suffering] is a type of curse that will prolong the life of the target’s whilst suffering the might of Death, the more veins appear the more it suffers and the more pain and agony it feels, Number and power of veins may depend on the level of the shooter and target]

{Please note: [Vein of Eternal Suffering] is a curse that will only be lifted once the target is killed or Target’s soul is crushed}

14