Divine Intervention ~ Ch 1
551 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah, did it ever feel great stealing from the rich!~ 

The mercenary field of work had its ups and downs. Sadly, more downs than ups which only contributed to more empty mouths in Asperia. But today was different, A lead had come in earlier in the day about goods. Not just any goods but those of the church priceless holy artifacts. It just took a tad bit of organizing and in the same day we nabbed em! 

Now laying the golden goblets, statues, and tablets on an oak table we contemplated.  

“We’re gonna have to lay low for tonight, I don’t think this rusted inn will cut it.” 

“Calm down Liam, you’re always so paranoid it’s annoying.” 

“B-but Sam! It’s only been a couple hours the church might-“ 

“No, he’s right, shut you’re trap Liam we have other issues right now.” 

As much as I appreciated Frank’s assistance in shutting down Liam, he had a twinge of greed in his eye. I’m the leader of this group, I needed to assert as much. 

“Listen you both, I led this nabbing and so I’ll take the biggest share.” 

“Pathetic Sam, you wouldn’t have made it five steps past those guard’s without me.”

“H-hey I lock picked the wagon if anything um, I deserve the most.” 

“This isn’t getting anywhere, sigh, maybe we can-?” 

Before I could finish Frank began subtly moving the loot into a bag, probably about to run off. 

“OI, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!?” 

Realizing his jig was up he began shoving everything at a quicker pace into the pouch. Eyes then narrowing on a golden necklace, which we both grabbed simultaneously. 

“Let go you bastard I did all the heavy lifting I deserve this!” 

“HEAVY LIFTING!?  I ORGANIZED THIS HEIST!” 

“G-guy’s stop pulling its gonna come apart! Please stop!” 

Ignoring the measly brat, we both kept pulling devolving into a game of tug o’ war.  

“No wonder you’re always alone you selfish prick, taking everything for yourself! 

“O-oi! I have a family to feed.” 

“Don’t lie dumbass!” 

An “oh no” squeaked out of Liam’s mouth right at the sound of a clean snap. A bright green light filled the worn down room which we rented. Before I knew it, everything faded to black, and I felt like even more of an idiot than before. 

How could of I trusted those two, both filled with such greed. Did they not realize why we did that heist! 

“I do not believe you know the reason behind your own very actions Samual.” 

“Eh what! Who, who are you?” 

Blackness was all I could see, nor could I touch or smell. That made this pompous female voice even more annoying... 

“I’m the goddess of humility child, you broke a very valuable object of mine.” 

“So what? It was going to royalty anyway to sit in a stand. At least it could feed those in need in my hands!” 

“You were never going to use my amulet for that purpose, Samual. You’re selfish.” 

“Selfish! I’m selfish!? You’re a goddess and yet ignore what you put me through! My life has been suffering upon suffering.” 

“Every individual has their own path to make, you Samual are the sole one to blame.” 

“Call me Samual one more time and I’ll gouge your eyes out.” 

“Ahem, well then, Sam, you have caused a dis-balance that now must be fixed. You hate royalty, you hate normalcy, let me give you a role to fill. It will, how do you say, enlighten you.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prince Edward, third son of King Hendrick, gathered with the wizards of the palace on a sleepy field. Today was a special day, the day of his first grand summoning. Edward aged eighteen was a very studious child. Achieving the role of summoner at fourteen he had made bonds with four different familiars. Now, with the church of humility’s teachings, he could achieve what usually took years to partake in. Eight different mages stood in a circle forming a pentagram with Edward in the centre. Edward then began chanting, 

“ho yloh tirips od uoy ekil srekcarc. ho yloh tirips od uoy ekil srekcarc. ho yloh tirips od uoy ekil srekcarc.”

In response a grave thunder rumbled turning the sky a purple hue. A staggering lightning bolt then proceeded to come out of the sky with booming noise. A figure arose from where the lighting hit across from where Edward had been. 

“I-Impossible a black knight!” 

In response the knight turned around to their new master. Uttering something that shocked everyone in a beautiful and utmost elegant feminine voice. 

“Oi, who the fuck are you?” 

21