Chapter 2 – Punishment for Foolishness
127 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously:

"The silver belle was seen walking around the city square."

"Who's the silver belle?"

"..."

"SOMEONE SAW THE SILVER BELLE NEAR THIS RESTAURANT!!"




As if on cue, another person showed up at the entrance. Dressed in a brown and rough looking cloak, the person stepped inside the restaurant. To those with normal eyesight, they could say that the person looked like a man so they paid no attention. They expected to see something better. 

However, to those who had better eyesight, they could tell from the person's outline that it was a female under that cloak. Others saw a silver hair and a silver glinting light through the hood. 

Soon enough, the restaurant erupted to another series of murmurs and gossips. The female didn't heed them and continued walking to the stairs to the second floor of the restaurant.

"That's her isn't?" they thought. Although most of them realized this, none of them were courageous enough to say it out loud. Only one was brave and foolish enough to do so, and that was Mary. Oh poor ignorant Mary. She would sure regret it after this. She doesn't know what's comin' to get her.

"Hey! You're the Silver Belle, aren't ya?!" with a confident strut, she walked to the cloaked female and said this.

"If you're so beautiful, why hide yourself? Well, it's not really hiding ain't it? I mean who wouldn't notice a cloaked person enter a restaurant in the midle of the day. Are you actually ugly. Maybe, I'm right! Maybe it's just fake news. Maybe the silver belle isn't beautiful after all. Obviously, I'm more beautiful and amazing than her--" she continued but was cut off from her sentence.

"You done?" the person interrupted. The voice was laced with boredom. Then slowly, the person took off her hood and revealed a beautiful and peerless face. A silver hair and silver eyes. Anyone with eyes would know that standing right before them is "The Wandering Silver Belle." 

With a passive expression on her face and eyes that seemed as if it was looking at an ant and can look through your soul, the Silver Belle stared at Mary. 

Then suprisingsly, an amused smile streched through her face and with an amused voice she said,

"How can an insignificant person be talking like that in front of me? The nerve. Honestly, I haven't met a single one who would be brave enough to dare so do this. Well some tried but they would simply run away after they finished talking." and with a arrogant voice she continued,

"Well, I admit that it was foolish of me to  dress as a cloaked person go inside a restaurant. No doubt that it would direct the people's attention to me. But what could I say? I just love the attention. And while it's foolish of me, it's even more foolish for you. I simply cannot believe that I was insulted by a self-proclaimed beautiful girl when the truth is that you're merely just an average looking girl. You're nothing special while I am. And just look at your clothing,--" the silver belle sneered at Mary "even a blind person could tell that it's made of rags and while I'm wearing a cloak but under this cloak, is an elegantly and specially tailored dress made just for me from the most famous boutique in all of the kingdom. Yours, I could even tell that the person who made your clothes didn't want to do so. So see? You are nothing special." 

After that she left them and continued on going up the stairs. She left them with their jaws hanging in shock and eyes in awe especially Mary. However, while her jaws were hanging in shock, her eyes wasn't filled with awe, it was brimming with tears. Then, one of the masses came to his senses and started laughing hard. And like a chain reaction, everyone was laughing. They were laughing at Mary.

Mary finally cried and exited the restaurant. She was warned to not piss the silver belle but she did not heed that warning. She regretted it so much.

In front of the restaurant was another restaurant just across the street and seated on one of the tables and chairs set up in front of the restaurant was a man with white hair, red eyes and a red scarf saw the whole thing. 

With an amused grin and malicious eyes, he fled from the scene.

____________________

Question: Who was that mysterious man?

 

 

4