Chapter 1
235 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N Just trying it out had this in my head for ages.
Let me know what you guys think.

***************
I startled awake and looked around. I was in some dumpster in an alley. I groaned, trying to get up as my body was in pain. I did not know what was going on and continued looking around. I still didn't recognize where I was. The buildings looked archaic. Even with the sun shining bright in what looked to be afternoon sun, it looked imposing.

The pain in my head was getting worse. Memories that were not mine but looked like my childhood were showing themselves to me. The memories were showing me growing up with my parents. In the memories, they looked like my parents, but the places and locations were different. It looked like my dad drove a Volkswagen here, but I didn't remember him driving anything but BMWs. He obsessed with them, and many things didn't match up, like my mum working as an accountant here. I don't remember her being anything other than a chef.

We were not from America or anywhere near there. I was raised in London. I did not move away until I moved in with my now ex-girlfriend. My parents here died when I was 6, and the local orphanage took me in. According to my new memories, I was in a place called Gotha-

"@£$$! WHAT!" I cursed loudly.

How did this not click immediately? I do not know, but I appear to have been transported into the fricking dc universe. Where gods, aliens, and being of cosmic power bloody do whatever they want. What makes it worse was I was a 10-year-old in dc. Being taken care of by the local orphanage sponsored by bloody Bruce fricking Wayne.

According to my memories, I appear to have been beaten down by a group of street rats called the Mutters. They saw that I pickpocketed in their territory. Some of the older ones chased me down, and I was beaten up pretty bad. The pain I was feeling right now was horrible, and luckily, I had no enmity with them and got a beat down instead of getting stabbed and dying from bleeding out.

The weird thing right now is that I didn't just get an odd version of my memories. I got a bit extra. It looked like I got the ability to make overwatch gear with a bit of lore behind each one. I needed materials and tools with which to build it, especially since I had nothing besides the clothes on my backpack to my name. I did not see any workable way to make any of it. The easiest thing right now to make is Ana's bio grenade. Which could heal me up some, which right now, as I was lying down behind a dumpster, could be of some use.

I could make the prototype of Ana's bio grenade. Without the Nano swarm and only capable of healing, not denying recovery or the other cool stuff it could do.

I stood up using the walls next to me to help me up, and slowly, inch by inch, I moved along it. I wasn't too far away from my hideout. The orphanage wasn't safe; not only would they take me to the hospital. They would ask too many questions. If the other street rats thought, I was snitching on them. I would get a worse beating, and this time I'm pretty sure I wouldn't survive it.

It took me the better part of the afternoon to get there; by then, it was evening. I knew better than to come out during the night. That's when most dumb mobsters, wannabes, and actual mobsters come out of the woodwork to do business. I finally arrived at my location after walking across the street and trying to avoid people's gazes. Some with looks of sympathy. Others curiosity and some with contemplation. Those I needed to avoid at all costs. Either they would try to help but make it worse, or they wanted something else, which would not bode well for me either way.

The church was an old building even by Gotham's standards. The Reverend who ran the place was usually pretty cool with me using the attic. This time I needed his help, so I walked in through the church's side doors. In his usual place on a bench near the Altar, he looked up when he heard the side door closing.

"Noah! What happened" the Reverend sounded concerned.

"Got caught by the local gang wanting to expand," I said to him, not fully being honest.

The Reverend was a good man. I knew he would lecture me if I told him I got caught trying to pickpocket.

"Did they try to recruit you? What were you even doing near old Gotham anyway? You know that place is bad," the Reverend was concerned and annoyed. You could tell since he warned you before that old Gotham was bad news.

"I needed a few things I stashed there from last time. They got the jump on me, but something scared them off," I said and gently sitting down due to the pain.

"Good lord Noah why won't you listen? I keep telling you that you are reckless. Do you even know what it was that scared them off? Why won't you go to school? I know you're clever enough. You need your grades if you ever want to get out of Gotham. Like you keep saying," the Reverend knew that I wanted to leave Gotham. Ever since it got my parents killed by a mook that died soon after. The Reverend got up to get wipes and bandages and was administering first aid while grumbling at me.

I did not have any desire to stay in this shithole of a city even before my new memories came in, and wasn't that confusing? Am I the old Noah who died in a plane crash or the current Noah?

I had been going to school until last year when one of the teachers started targeting him. To get him into the local gang jets because of his intelligence. Even as a 10-year-old, he was doing his STEM(science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) subjects at the high school level. I only told the Reverend that I had a problem with a few kids at school. I didn't want the Reverend to get into that mess even when the local schools should have been neutral ground.

"Get up now and let me help you up to the attic. You should rest up and heal," the Reverend picks me up and carries me up to the attic, and left me on my bed.

I did care about the Reverend and saw him as a second parent, but I didn't want to burden him too much. I laid down and went to sleep with thoughts and plans on how to get the chemicals to make a prototype bio grenade.

***

I woke up in the morning groaning in pain from yesterday. Laid there doing nothing for the next 30 minutes. Staring at the curve of the attic and the wooden beams in the ceiling. I looked at the time, and it was 4 pm.

I do not think I was going to get much done today. I would have to wait until tomorrow to go to the pharmacy and pick up a few drugs I needed to mix to make healing gas. I just decided today I was just going to sleep.

***

The next morning. I was getting dressed in some new clothing that did not have blood on it and looking in the mirror. I still had scratches on my face, and my lower jaw was bruised, along with my light brown eyes being a bit bloodshot. My black hair was matted from the shower.

I went downstairs and hopped out the back of the church. I needed to head to the diamond district to get what I needed. It was still too close to old Gotham for my liking, but it was the only pharmacy big enough with the stuff I needed.

A few blocks away from the pharmacy, I saw some police officers circling a building nearby, and they had it cordoned off. Ignoring the blue and red flashes, I went into the pharmacy and looked through the aisles for what I needed.

Once I got what I needed, I headed to the checkout. I walked to the lady there and gave her all the things I needed.

"The Reverend at the church sent me to get med for his first aid box," the lady looked at the stuff but put it though since there weren't any dangerous drugs.

I needed to make the bio bomb, and the other reason he picked this pharmacy. It was the biggest pharmacy that the local church leader regularly sent other people to get his meds and other knickknacks.

I took everything after having paid for it and left as soon as I could. I needed to go back to the church and use the kitchen to make it.

I finally got back after a very labor-intensive walk and towards the end. I felt like my whole body was bruised. I headed into the kitchen and started pilling the drugs up. I was going to make a mixture of the drugs then combine them.

I boiled water some drugs according to the recipe in my head. I knew it would not be as effective with subpar tools used in its making, but it would do. I had to make a larger part. The bruises and aches and pains in my body will go away soon, and I could not be happier.

It took an hour to finish making a glass. I had to keep it covered to avoid evaporating too soon; it only took that long due to being injured and tired. As soon as I finished, I took off my clothes except for my boxers. I took the glass upstairs after having cleaned up the kitchen of my work. I laid down on the bed, drank the liquid, and fell asleep.

 

5