Chapter 6
122 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BREAKING NEWS


Mr Freeze Breaks into hospital and escapes with supply of blood and medicines. Police in search for the villain and 9th arrest warrant has been sent out. “We would ask anyone with information about his whereabouts. Anyone who might have seen someone matching his description to come forward.


“Anyone who sees him should not approach him. Call Gotham Police department on 911 quoting reference 43200425350. If you have information about his whereabouts please call 311 or make a report online.


“Alternatively, if you wish to report 100% anonymously you can do so by contacting the independent charity Crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.”


A police spokesperson said: "Officers have been searching for him in the Gotham water district area, where he is believed to be. Do not approach, he is extremely dangerous and is using experimental technology. If found, please report it to the numbers given above.


***

We discussed what we were going to be doing for the next couple of days. I asked them if they knew anywhere, we could set up a base of operations. Steven told us he knows about a recently abandoned apartment downtown. We would’ve used a warehouse but as I was reminded. Gotham didn’t have any abandoned warehouses only ones not in use yet. They may have looked abandoned but either the mob, the Gotham police officers, or villains were using them. The last thing you want to do is get caught by any of them. We would check out the apartment during the week if it were good, we were going to set it up as a base we could easily abandon.


If the location were ever traced to us before I could get set up. Growing up in Gotham made you lose your childhood innocence a lot quicker than in other places.


I told them, I was going to send them a code to a private server. We could talk without having to worry about somebody listening in. We separated after a couple of hours having finished catching up, chilling, and relaxing. It was nice after a few weeks of being frantic to do stuff.


When we finally split. I went to the cameras and checked if the timer didn’t expire and left after having made sure nothing got recorded.


***


A week went by without any major incident. A few people attempted to use their social positions to get me to do their homework. I showed them why it was that it wasn’t going to be happening. The worse was still yet to come as the kids got more comfortable because right now, they were all still new at school and adjusting to everything.


The most important thing to happen this week was the apartment we checked out was good. We could make it our base of operations easy. I was going to have to build Sombras cyber room and it was going to be so exciting. I wish we could easily get the money but at the moment we were not ready. It was going to be a few weeks of junkyard diving, at least. I was going to have help this time, it would go faster.


I gathered them all on the private server. After spending some time encrypting and hiding the server. I sent them the links and told them what I would need to set up the room. I was going to have to make a Frankenstein of a server and computer. To be able to run even the basics of the GMSK Overwatch Communication system as well a few other things.


There was going to be a lot of overwatch technology that I was not going to be able to replicate immediately. Due to requiring exotic materials. For example. Zarya's weapon was a particle cannon powered by something similar to an arc reactor. The amount of power it generates is off the charts. It has the power when combined with a shield to cause temporary singularities.


Utopaea's top architect. Symmetra’s technology likewise required a higher level of technology. To begin developing tools to make hard light technology was going to be difficult. I had very basic tools that I got from the hardware store. Even then, it’s not like I could afford the best, I had to settle for low-end tools. Even Sombras invisibility was currently out of his reach. Forget trying to make her translocator or Symmetra's teleporter, which would have been a big boost to us.


It was a good thing I had friends to remind me of what I could do. Currently, Mr. Freeze was still early in his career. He was constantly robbing Labs looking for a cure for his wife. I could use that to my advantage, but I had to develop the technology first to be able to use that advantage. Mercy’s healing tech thankfully did not need exotic materials.


It needed material, I currently didn’t have but I would be able to get. I needed to make her Caduceus Staff. I was only going to make a crappy version and only be able to heal his wife and it would not even be permanent. It would do until I can develop more of her Nano healing swarm. It would need a lot of high precision tools that I did not have but could get once I was set up.


***


We spent the next couple of weeks getting stuff from the junkyard for me to clean, repair, and fit into place. The important things I needed were laptops, pc, and radios. For there coils and wires to make Orisa power charging station and use that to power everything. It was the easiest power to access. I spent ages just switching good parts and bad parts with each other. Steven managed to get me even better tools than the basic ones I was using. I had a PCIe test card and some thermal paste from Stevens's cousin.


After weeks of toiling away, I managed to set up the room nicely along with the miracle of the decade find from Fern. He managed to find a slightly scruffy 3D printer and I hugged him while jumping in joy. It made the rest of my projects so much easier. I finished and for the next part. I wasn’t going to need them because I was going to make the basic Caduceus Staff that didn’t have the damage boost.


Then I was going to let Fern go crazy with Sombra Computer. He was one that was good at hacking and would be able to find Mr freeze. To get him to help us before he killed someone and Batman wasn’t going to be able to let him go. Mr. Freeze at the moment still hadn’t transformed into his blue ice self yet. He was using his ice tech to steal from labs.


The Caduceus Staff was going to be able to heal her of any damage and illness. It wouldn’t be able to heal genetic sickness, It would delay it permanently. If she used the staff every 6 months at least until I developed the healing Nano swarm.

5