Two Fights and One Goal (Arc 3 Chapter 2)
264 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three people walked with Darius into the capital of Taren, War Bringer, The Warring One, and War Wolf. The three leaders of each of their respective groups stood close behind the general and main NPC of Taren. They insisted on coming alone first to make sure things were safe before they'd bring their companions with them as well. Secretly, War Wolf had dispatched his own group to scout the area, and it would be suspicious if only his group wasn't there to come with.

"The best rooms have been prepared for you and your companions I assure you" Darius says, sighing as he leads the three aliens through the halls. He's stopped by a number of people blocking him, which he bites his lip, having expected this to happen honestly.

"You three aren't welcome here, this is our faction, you're going to leave right now" The tallest of the group says, holding two machine guns at his hips, relatively ineffective, but he insisted on having them. This group of people was Taren's own Lightforms, who were model soldiers and so far had been proven to be rowdy, but willing to follow orders. This may be the breaking point of it though.

"Now now, just a minute, we aren't going to listen to you, why should we?" Bringer says, taking out his floating blade "If you want us to listen, then defeat us in combat, dueling to the death" he says, both of the other leaders standing up by his side. 

"A traditional fight then?" the tallest one says "No guns and minimal armor?" he saw an opportunity to decide what a traditional duel actually was for Lightforms, beings who could revive had to have some form of dueling or rules right? Bringer smiles "sounds good to me, all abilities used though" he repeated back "where shall we fight?"


Magmus took up two hand crossbows, they were ancient but still functional in condition, along with taking his ammo from the soldier providing everything, he was unsure of how he felt going along with what The War Guild members said, but in any case it was better than just fighting them and losing reputation with the faction right away for hurting 'visitors' as much as he hated them. Two other players joined him, both of his friends.

Upon Ground Does Water Fall, or just Fall to not be so complicated, had on the 'traditional' light armor of a duel. In accordance with rules though he was allowed to use any shield, which he chose the biggest, two of them actually, in a game with infinite possibilities he actually chose to be a double shielded fighter. The best tank in Taren, player wise at least, most Tariens were very tough on their own.

The last fighter was Blade-Stroke, and true to his name he had a single longsword gripped in his hands. He was one of the older players in Taren, and was an actual swordfighter in real life, which attributed to his skills. Magmus was hopeful that they stood some sort of chance against the alien players.

They were all warriors with 2 levels of soldier, which gave them the skill to more effectively wield weapons commonly used by soldiers, ranging from knives to guns. Anything that couldn't be used by just one person was deemed not to be a soldier weapon. They also had an ability called hold the line, which stopped people from advancing past them, including bullets, but it didn't stop them from being attacked.

His group stepped out into the training room on one side, preparing themselves first and waiting for the fight to begin.


Bringer twirled his humming blade, putting both of his feet down and holding it in one hand off to the side. He was confident in his abilities, and he didn't normally duel, so there was a chance they wouldn't know his skills until the fight actually started. He smiled, not having a shield on and just light armor.

One quietly formed a weapon from his viscous goo, a large shadowy needle like protrusion from his arm. Being an Evogoo he had the option to expand on his racial abilities by taking levels of his race, much like a class, so besides warrior he was a second level of his race. 

War Wolf growled as he stood firmly down, his head down. He got into character, getting ready to attack as he prepared his buffing abilities, strangely enough he was a support class in a way. 

The three alien Lightforms were all ready to fight, and as per the request of both parties, a blank shot started the battle off. Bringer and Stroke were the first ones to jump forward, attacking one another with clashing steel.


The three Allices reappeared, now far from the capital as they head towards a port to get on a boat going right to The Ark. That was the plan anyway.

Zeprio took a deep breath, and stopped in his tracks, he looked at Aquria and Kaaria "Do you feel that? We aren't alone" he said, looking around.

Kaaria smiled "I noticed, come on out!" she said, preparing a witch's bolt as she said so. Black lightning crackled between her fingers while Aquria seemed less excited to get into a fight, but knew they didn't have the time to prepare invisibility. If it even worked against their opponents.

Five wolves came out from the snow surrounding them, climbing out of the snowy ground as their bear like paws thumped against the ice packed ground. Their cat like eyes shined with intelligence "You three are Allices, I am not going to let you escape somewhere where you'll cause trouble" one spoke up, putting himself down as he growled. 

"So what? You wolves, yeah, the Ursus Lupines of The War Guild" Aquria said, as Zeprio quickly stood beside the other two of his faction, preparing his own witch's bolt. For the moment the two sides were standing still, and they seemed outnumbered.

"You know us then? Good, then let's make this quick!" the one who spoke before smirked with his wolfish teeth before bounding forward, a telekinetic force extended from his jaws, nearly crushing around Kaaria in the middle, before she released her magical attack. Black lightning hit the wolf, interrupting his attack and making him drop down, but he remained son his feet. Aquria put her own hands forward, putting them in the line of Kaaria's own attack, making the bolt grow thicker and begin to discharge somewhat into the ground with thin lines. Zeprio smiled confidently and repeated that same gesture, the three witch's bolts combined, becoming a Witch's Wrath spell. 

Warg, his name simple, felt the first attack stop him. The second bolt hit him harder, causing him to collapse, but the third and final bolt that upgraded the spell? He felt a necrotic energy rip through him, but it didn't kill him, as he was forcefully logged out, his avatar's energy totally drained. The spell didn't stop at him, jumping to more of his group and draining them of strength. It never killed their characters though, even if that would be easier.

Witch's Wrath took down Warg and one other Ursus Lupine, evening the score as the three hags panted and got into a different position, each one drawing a dagger from their hip while they moved to quickly surround the pack animals.

The bear like wolves each let out a loud howl, boosting their strength and morale before they turned to one opponent each, rushing forward to attack, their teeth meeting quick parrying daggers as spells begin to hit them. Animals vs people, even if, the animals were also people technically.


"So they're doing good?" Alex asked Arron, buried under two blankets and still on life support, though he was clearly doing better than a few days ago. 

Arron nodded "Yeah, they'll be back in action pretty soon. Lightforms continue to amaze me with their regeneration, even beyond their revival abilities" the doctor said, looking at the soldier who had bright yellow eyes as he nodded. His face was neutral, but it was clear what the hue meant.

"Right, it is pretty fascinating" Alexander said, turning to look at the ceiling, closing his eyes "I'm tired again" he muttered quietly. Arron nodded and got up "I'll be back to talk later then, Alex, you get some good rest" he said before leaving.

Alex didn't respond, seeming already asleep as he turned over, he opened his eyes again which were a deep and sapphire like blue, while his eyes read the notification that had been gnawing at him for several days. It all but confirmed his worst thoughts, and showed, to him, that he had no chance.

Announcement
Death Approaches All
Mission: Leave behind some sort of legacy, and begin to make a way for yourself to always be remembered.
Reward: Legacy of a Project is awarded to any players you choose, allowing you to make a custom ability that is within your own scope, for them to freely use.
Failure: There is no penalty for failing this.
Note: You will not live much longer, make your decisions now, Alexander, how will you leave your mark on this world?

It felt almost cruel of the system to give him this, and to also be so vague. Furthermore, the mission just, wasn't all that helpful. Leave behind a way to be remembered always? Easier said than done, he was a secret weapon, with very few people he could call friends. Though, the players may be able to help him. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, thinking.

Since he came here, he's gone from being totally neutral, to being cruel when he could, to being someone willing to die to protect their companions. Was he really lawful neutral? He followed orders and valued companions, but he did disobey an order just to save a companion. What even was his end goal? To simply exist? No, his goal has always been to be remembered and not forgotten as a hidden easter egg NPC. This mission was just a kick in the behind to get that goal completed quicker.

"I won't be forgotten" he muttered quietly, his eyes opening to a burning purple as he clenched his fists "Let's get started" he said quietly, opening up the mission creator as he begins his work.

Announcement
Back to regularly scheduled chapters, hopefully to be produced at one a day. Lots of stuff happened in this chapter, uh, maybe too much honestly. I tried making an outline for this chapter actually and it ended up like this, though I did enjoy writing it. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you for reading, goodnight or good day to you!

 

5