Permission to Attack (Arc Zero Chapter 3)
760 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ultima was left alone for awhile, given time to recover from his state. While he recovered he was monitored by a team of scientists, including the one doctor who he coughed blood on.

The doctor was named Arron, and he had worked on the concepts and theories for The Ultima Project for many years. It could be said to be his life's work, along with the other scientists working under him. He was just the biggest contributor to the very idea of a forcibly evolved super soldier.

It was the first day Ultima was lead out of his room and not escorted to the bathroom or to a medical room where he was checked for many things such as blood pressure and breathing patterns.

In the days since he arrived in the new world, he understood a little more, well, he understood a little more about what was going to happen to it. He still knew next to nothing about the actual state of the world. He gained access to a few different menus after selecting his class.

First was his status menu, which also happened to double as his ability menu where he could select what abilities to use quickly and easily. 

Announcement
Alexander "Ultima"
Class: Ultima
Skills: Enhanced Physique, Broken Mind
Abilities: Ultimate Limit Release
Statuses: Hypnotized (Strong)
Stats follow below
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 12
Wisdom: 8
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're slightly above average in endurance. Your drugged stat wearing off has allowed your wisdom to come back up. You're currently hypnotized, which has still dropped your wisdom down just a bit, rendering you worse off against charming or hypnotism. Your luck is zero, but luck can go into the negatives, this just means your luck is nothing. Still a good thing really. It is recommend you engage in fights or training to make use of your enhanced physique skill.

The second menu was one that at first seemed to broken, it was named 'Relationships' and it didn't work at all, while he could open it, the window was totally blank. This was until he learned the name of the doctor watching him, and the taller strong officer's name, who was his direct commander apparently. 

Announcement
Relationships
Doctor Arron: Subject (4/100), you're his life's work Ultima, act like it. 
Officer Gareth: Soldier and Higher Up (80/100), he has already put a lot of trust in you, since you can't refuse orders. Don't mess that up

From this he assumed two things, one being he would 'rank up' once he filled up the meter. The second was that he had to learn the name of the person before actually being able to observe the relationship he had with them directly. 

He decided to keep this menu in the back of his head for the time being, as the other two he had were far more intriguing to him. One was named 'Server ' and the other was named 'NPC Functions'. He could select them, but while NPC functions did nothing currently, Server opened up into a real time countdown. When he first opened it it was at exactly twenty days, and it was down to the millisecond, he had an idea of what would happen. He was secretly terrified about the implications of this number ticking down.

It was now sixteen days before that countdown would be up. He had decided to deal with that when it came to it, since it was out of his control like most things now in his life.

"Halt Ultima" he froze in place the second he heard the command, straightening and waiting. His eyes did not wander but instead stared straight ahead, he was in a pretty empty room, with mats on the ground and covered walls. 

"You have permission to look at me and continue looking at me" Officer Gareth said, and he watched when only the head moved and those cloudy eyes stared directly at his own. He really didn't like how unnaturally Ultima moved. "For the past few days Arron has been observing you, and I think you're now ready to give me a good look at what you can do" he explained, walking around Ultima.

Ultima followed Gareth with his eyes as he talked, but does not ask any questions or interject in anyway. "Ultima! This came from the higher ups, you are to engage in a spar with me and we will see how you do. Any clarifications?" Gareth asked.

Ultima stared at him "Permission to go all out sir?" he asks, and Gareth looked at him. "You have permission to go all out, but you are not allowed to use lethal moves on me, obviously" Gareth said. 

The fact he asked worried Gareth somewhat, and Ultima continued to stare at him "You may begin fighting me now" Gareth said, while getting into a defensive permission.

Ultima slowly moved into a pretty bog-standard fighting stance, keeping his arms up to guard his face and planting his feet down into the mat "Command Recognized" he says, while taking a deep breath.

Time slowly ticked by, and Gareth actually grew more nervous when the soldier didn't make any move to attack. He began to speak "Ultima, you need to attack fir-" before he finished talking, the smaller man moved and stepped in, going for a body jab with his right hand. He had time to react to it, catching the fist with his own hand. He felt the thud, it was a good punch, but it was all skill and no strength behind it. 

Ultima was then much closer to him, and stared at Gareth's blue eyes with his cloudy ones "Command Recognized, I have attacked first as would be requested had you finished. I took the opening you had, following the previous clarification to go all out" he explained with a quiet and monotone voice. 

Gareth nodded "Right, okay...Ultima? I want you to attack me until I say the word stop. Got it?" he asked, and Ultima answers by throwing his left hand up to try and hit his cheek "Understood" he said after doing so.

Gareth moved away from him quickly, stepping back a few feet while the soldier moves back into a standard fighting stance. Gareth stayed on the defensive, because he knows the solider was looking for an opening. 

Ultima moved his eyes, and for the first time, selected his ability 'Ultimate Limit Release' he felt something building in his chest. For a couple seconds he couldn't move a muscle. He then felt a sudden and overwhelming urge to attack, and his head felt strangely clearer despite the fact he was notified that he had received the 'enraged' status.

Gareth watched as the cloudy eyes Ultima had suddenly cleared, and then begin to shine brightly with the colors of the rainbow. He wasn't able to ask a question though, because once the last bit of color appeared the soldier practically exploded at him, throwing all of his weight into a haymaker. 

Gareth grunted when he tried to stop it with one hand like he did before, but he wasn't prepared for it to only slow, and then speed right back up. His hand was pushed into his face by the fist, causing his head to ring. He stumbled back and looked at Ultima just before he continued his assault by raising a leg to kick his knee. He could swear that there was an actual emotion in them, undying rage. He was somewhat scared of it, dodging the fast kick.

Ultima felt great, he felt a lot better than before, not tired at all or unwilling to fight. He still kept his face from showing a smile or a frown, but he knew his eyes were probably seething right now. He was satisfied with how this ability affected his stats too.

Announcement
Alexander "Ultima"
Class: Ultima
Skills: Enhanced Physique, Broken Mind
Abilities: Ultimate Limit Release
Statuses: Hypnotized (Strong), Enraged (1 minute)
Stats follow below
Strength: 14 (10)
Dexterity: 12 (10)
Intelligence: 10 (unaffected)
Endurance: 16 (12)
Wisdom: 8 (unaffected)
Luck: 0
Notes: Your stats are now very above average, your endurance is considered athletic, your dexterity is equal to an apprentice craftsman, and your strength is enough for hard labor, your wisdom and intelligence have not been affected at all however. You're currently hypnotized, which has dropped your wisdom down just a bit, rendering you worse off against charming or hypnotism. You're currently enraged, this means that even with potentially fatal injuries you will continue fighting, and it will be difficult to act rationally. The enragement is not enough to break the hypnotism, yet, but it has made it easier to think in a way

Ultima moved in again before he could recover, throwing another punch, but as Gareth moved to block it, he jumped to his leg and raised a leg up into the fist, kicking it. The foot hit hand, making a resounding thud.

Gareth grabbed his leg and tried to unbalance the smaller man with a quick throw over his shoulder. Ultima was thrown to the ground, and  rolled before coming back to his feet and throwing himself back at Gareth.

The fight lasted only around forty seconds, every time Gareth was able to actually punch Ultima back or throw him, the smaller man took it and just continued his own assault. They both began to bruise and he finally spoke again "Ultima Stop!" he said. 

Ultima froze, his fist was inches from Gareth's face again because he was talking. His eyes continued staring with deep rage, but he didn't move anymore. Gareth slowly moved back, panting hard now that he finally could breathe. His body was sore, and he looked at Ultima, still standing there in a frozen pose while watching him.

Ultima slowly came down from his rage, and immediately processed a whole lot of pain, as well as a splitting headache again when he began to think about everything in the room besides his opponent, like the shade of red on the mats, how many there were, how many breathes he was taking. He tried to stay standing in his pose, as his eyes clouded once again to Gareth, but once the color left them, the soldier collapsed panting.

Gareth slowly got closer, and picked up Ultima "Make it back to your room and you can rest, good spar today alright?" he said. Ultima nodded "Command recognized sir" he said, before slowly walking back to the room with the escorts.

Gareth took a deep breathe before looking at Arron, who was sitting in the corner and gleefully looking through footage on a video camera "What do you think Doctor?" he asked, walking over to him.

Arron smiled, his pearly teeth showing "I think we just saw his actual strength now that he's become an evolved soldier" he said, watching it again. In the video Ultima was relentless in his attack, and didn't seem to yield at all until Gareth said so.

Gareth nodded "Yeah? Well, it's a lot, but I have a question. He shouldn't feel any emotions at all right? You haven't observed that in all the time you spent spying on him in his room?" he clarified.

Arron nods "Oh yeah, and that is the other thing, he looked ticked off didn't he? I'm going to estimate he can't fully control his emotional response even with all the drugs and work, but our hypnosis clearly still works on him. Still, I would use this power sparingly, you saw how he collapsed. Who knows too? He could end up breaking out of our control with that ability" he explained.

The officer sighs "Right, you're dismissed Doc" he said, going to the canteen while the doctor gladly left to more closely examine the footage.

Announcement
My first fight scene, how was it? I really need criticism on this specific thing.
26