Resting, Questioning, Planning (Arc Zero Chapter 4)
628 6 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
The Ultima Project: Origin Story 3.
Mission: Follow the orders presented by your organization, and engage in a sparring match with Officer Gareth to gauge your skills.
Rewards: +10 favorability with The Ark Organization and ability to see relationship to it (Current Relationship is set at 'Enslaved Soldier'), and +20 favorability with Officer Gareth (Current Relationship is 'Soldier and Higher-Up'). Additional or different favorability may be awarded depending on actions.
Failure: Cannot fail, as you cannot refuse this mission.
Notes: Fight Ultima.

Ultima sat down at his desk as he usually did, opting to rest by sitting down. His entire body ached, but it wasn't as bad now that the initial wave of suppressed pain was over. He received this mission when Gareth gave him the order, and decided to ask about going all out in order to show off all his skills. He hoped it would make the rewards a bit better, he was not a person who knew everything that was going to happen, nor was he a minmaxer gamer who understood this system. He had to go with instinct, and instinct said to fight hard, loud, and dramatically.

He submitted the mission while he stared at the empty wall, trying to restrict the amount of things he was taking in and thinking about. His broken mind had proved to also be useful in that fight, although it was more useful when he was processing everything in that 'enraged' state, throwing all the thoughts that didn't have to do with the opponent out of his head. Now it was back to being a burden that gave him a non-stop headache.

Announcement
Reward Page
+20 favorability with Officer Gareth, and ability to select his name for scanning
+16 favorability with Doctor Arron
+10 favorability with The Ark Organization, and now able to see your relationship to them

He suppressed a smile with the camera watching, seeing that light blue name light up made him think he earned an additional reward. It could also be from maxing out his gauge, but the extra favorability with that doctor was definitely not stated. They must've loved the show then. He sighed softly and tiredly, continuing to look at the reward page for a moment before focusing on the name

Announcement
Officer Gareth Alos: A high ranking officer of The Ark Organization and an only child. He has been a part of the nation since birth, and while he is not an undying patriot, to be so high ranking he is definitely confident in his leaders and the country. 

It wasn't much, but he still enjoyed having just this extra bit of information, it didn't mean much to him as he wouldn't be forming any drastic plans soon. He didn't plan to make a break for it, not while he was still under hypnosis, and being treated marginally good.

Ultima slowly stood up from the desk and lied down on his bed, checking one final thing before he would close his eyes, that being the updated relationships page

Announcement
Relationships
Doctor Arron: Subject (20/100), you're his life's work Ultima, act like it. 
Officer Gareth: Trusted Soldier and Higher Up (0/100), he has placed his full trust in you after seeing your abilities, and since you can't refuse orders. Don't mess that up.
The Ark Organization: Enslaved Soldier (20/100), they know now that you have good potential, of course they still don't care about your wellbeing beyond you being well.

It seemed he ranked up, that was a good thing to note, as well as the fact that the gauge reset. He yawned and slowly shut his eyes, closing the menu before doing so.

After his battle with Gareth, Ultima sat at his desk for one hour before finally laying down to rest. Reviewing the footage has revealed that his eyes underwent a noticeable change, and tomorrow he will be personally questioned in order to understand what happened to him. 

A few hours quickly passed over the facility, and the next morning, doctor Arron awoke early and headed to the monitor room, where Ultima was already up and finishing his daily ten laps around the room. Showing he was just on time. He had never actually interacted or talked to Ultima on his own. He psyched himself up before going to talk to his own personal creation.

Ultima sat up at his desk as he heard the handle turn to his room, quietly continuing to stare ahead as someone walked in. Based on the footfalls it was the doctor, much too light and timid to be the tall and booming Gareth.

"Ultima, um, hello there. How are you this morning?" Arron asked, pulling out the video recordings from yesterday as he sat down on Ultima's bed. It was hard, but at the very least it wasn't a brick.

Ultima turned to him, his cloudy and unfocused eyes slowly moving over him "I suffer from a headache, signs of at least five bruises, I am also suffering from stomach pains likely related to hunger, and so in conclusion, I am doing fine" he finished after a long monotone talk

"Well uh, that's good, to hear?" Arron didn't quite know what to say, but he coughed to ease the tension in the room "I can get your breakfast brought in soon, I want to ask you some questions" he said while straightening up.

Ultima nodded without hesitating, his eyes continued to watch the doctor while he tried to stay focused on him and nothing else "Command recognized, what questions?" he asked.

"Well let's start with what you did yesterday against Gareth, you remember? How you began to go all out as you put it? Can you explain what that is if you even can? Also, please speak into this mike" he said, handing him a recorder with a microphone on it.

"That technique was Ultimate Limit Release, and I did it out of instinct" he said into it with a flat tone, speaking matter of factly.

Arron listened to his answer before posing the next question "How did you do it? Not just instinct, be more descriptive, and also, how did it make you feel?" he asked.

"It felt as if I decided to let go of all my restraint, and my body felt considerably better, as did my head. I also felt unreasonable seething anger, however I still understood when to stop attacking" he explained. 

The doctor nodded and took the recorder back from him, shutting it off "Thank you for answering, that's it for now. I'll tell them to hurry up with your breakfast Ultima" he leaves, shutting the door behind him.

Ultima takes a deep breath after interacting with Arron, checking his relationship to him after. It was now up to 25/100, it seemed the doctor like knowing more about him and seeing him preform admirably. Good to know for later plans, but he had other worries.

He once again opens the greyed out Server, where he can see the countdown slowly still ticking down. He needed to know what his stance would be when the player's came. Was it going to be open beta, a full release, could reality get bugs if he really was in a game? How many would even choose his planet? They could choose planets! Plus it relied on them choosing an evil spawn, which meant there would be mostly evil players or chaotic ones. There was always the ones who joined the evil side to just see the other side though, he decided to find those people.

If he even could or needed to that is. He'd deal and make a plan when it actually came to the countdown reaching zero. For the time being he had an even bigger problem, that being the next mission in this 'origin series' which was, unhelpful to say the least. It appeared this morning, and he was processing and thinking about it when Arron came in.

Announcement
The Ultima Project: Origin Story 4
Mission: While you're a subject and expensive project of The Ark Organization, that doesn't mean you should remain a secret. Interact with at least 20 people and leave a lasting impression on them, negative or good. Do this before the launch of The Server for additional rewards.
Rewards: Instant rank up of The Ark Organization relationship, and ???. Relationship related rewards are subject to change based on action taken to complete the mission.
Failure: Cannot fail mission, beyond dying, so don't die
Notes: Exist Ultima
Quota Currently: 8/20

He already went through everyone that those eight were, Arron, Gareth, the other officer, his usual escorts, and the other various scientists who kept an eye on him. He had directly interacted with them in someway, be that complying with instructions or simply just walking alongside them. The problem was how to interact with more, it didn't seem that hard on screen, but he was a quiet and obedient subject who didn't ask for anything at all. 

He sat at the desk as he thought about this for awhile, his head hurting as he went through a bunch of different scenarios. Before getting a rough idea. He just needed to do something in the name of becoming stronger, for the good of the organization. Yes, if he used that excuse, and didn't mess up remaining neutral with his tone. It would work. 

He stood up slowly, pushing his chair into the desk before standing in the middle of his small room. He began to shadow box, dodging and weaving while throwing out jabs. He even worked kicks into the routine. While doing this in front of a camera, he also heard some dings, which turned out to be that Arron's relationship was going up as well while he practiced. Just one point at a time, about every two minutes. Arron seemed to like him pushing himself or showing off his capabilities despite his lack of emotion, it was perfect for his idea.


After sitting down for a long time, and about thirty minutes before breakfast arrived, Ultima began to furiously shadow box and work out in his room. When brought his food he ate it only to subside his hunger before returning to his work out, which also ended up including push ups and squats. After about two hours of intense work out, he laid down sweating until lunch arrived, at which point he ate. He then relaxed the rest of the day. Before sleeping though he did fifty sit ups in his bed before closing his eyes. It seems something has, motivated him, this shouldn't be possible, but I for one am excited by this prospect!

26