Reprecussions (Arc Two, Chapter 2 Interlude/Prelude)
429 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Writing is how I relax, so um, I figured I'd write. Don't consider this a chapter, consider this an interlude/prelude to the next one. Even when I want to take a break I realize that I can't stop the fact that how I relax is either gaming, watching YouTube, or writing. So like, yeah. Night or Good Morning to ya! Also this is very rough, first thing that came to my mind, but, I mean, it's just me wanting to write to relax. This also reminds me I need to check for spelling and grammar errors in earlier chapters again, but that IS something I'm fine with doing later.

"Yeah, uh-huh. Yeah mom I know, I promise, they're just, um, exaggerating it, you know how the news is. It's just a game you know? Love you too, mwah" Death Seeker, Mark, sighed as he hung up the phone. He rubbed his tired eyes, turning to his group chat "How are all of you doing? Your parents or family freaking out?" he asked.

"Of course mine are! Still though, I can't really blame them" Thrill Seeker said first "I mean, the rumors are pretty terrifying when you think about it. The recording speaks for itself" he finished.

"Some of my family has, the ones who watch the news anyway, it isn't the first time they've tried to get me to quit gaming though. So I'm going to power through it. More worried about you though boss" A person named Route Seeker replied.

"I'm fine, promise. Ultima was terrifying sure, but I still, trust the guy you know? I know he's an NPC, but come on, what NPC feels like he owes a debt to you, or literally is said to believe in companionship?" Mark defended, sitting up in his bed.

"Calm down boss, we know, just, be careful okay? Rumors are rumors, but rumors usually have some basis behind them" one named Secret Seeker said last "You really should get some sleep though, it's late"

"I can't, I've got to log on, we are having a meeting today. Has there been any luck finding Amber's guildmates?" Mark asked, beginning to power up the GC Console. 

"No, not a lot, we've located one of her friends, she's in my faction. Saris, directly opposed to yours" Treasure Seeker said "Just seems like she's a friend and nothing more though. We can't rule out the fact they're on any other of the countless planets, or nations we aren't on or in" he noted.

"Yeah, alright. Keep up the search while finding secrets as usual. I want to get back at her, I think we all do right?" Mark asked, getting affirmative replies "Talk to you all tomorrow, I'm logging in now" he said, putting the device on and setting his phone aside as the game began.


Amber, Amy, woke up in a cold sweat, panting. She slowly stood up, rubbing her hands together for warmth. "Just a nightmare, just a nightmare" she said repeatedly to herself. She went to the kitchen to get something to eat, making some toast and butter for something light. "Dammit, that stupid NPC" she grumbled, rubbing her head as she began to calm down, trying not to think about the nightmare she had. 

It was just of that one instant, where she was staring him down as his sudden blade was buried in her head. The cold smile he was giving her that denoted something was just, wrong with him. His split eyes that shined bright enough that it felt like they were burned into her eyes even still. His form was so small, he was so short, but in that moment, it felt like he towered over her.

She woke up to the smell of burning toast, shaking her head and unplugging the toaster, giving it a minute before she fished out the black bread with a fork. "Can't be surprised at, how wrong he felt. I know what I saw when I checked him after I took his apology. I wasn't able to see exactly what broken mind is, but it's a skill and not a status. Status means it could go away, but I can't find anyone who has ever heard of an NPC having their skill stolen. If I choose to, to, use his class will I become like him? No, no it's just a game. He's an NPC and I'm a player, it's different" she said, taking the toast out that was now fresh and spreading the butter on it before eating.

She took out her phone, there were a few missed calls, probably from work. She sighed and responded to them, just saying she was fine to them all. She texted Priscilla too, letting her know she was fine, and would be logging in soon. She had to attend the meeting just like everyone else. Amy put her phone outside the GC console, walking into it and putting on all her equipment before laying down. "Warning, the level of realism you may feel could cause lasting psychological damage or-" Amy growled "Just start already you stupid console, I'm already scared" she said, shuddering, the game began to start, and she closed her eyes.


"In related news, the game known as Reality Dive has begun to be boycotted against, many concerned citizens, not just parents, are up in arms over a released video. Depicting one of the NPCs from the game, known as Ultima, killing two players and then speaking to VR streamer Lapis Lazuli. Recordings of the video have begun to spread through the internet, and viewers say that the game is overly scary and psychologically damaging. The company that creates the GC console and the NCNCS said that it's games cause the same amount of damage as any horror game, especially in the case of a game like Reality Dive that has no rating. They've encouraged people to do more research, and claim that the game itself cannot cause anymore psychological damage to a person than any other game. The game company itself however, has declined to comment on the matter at this time. Despite all the controversy, for them this is only a good thing, stocks are up for Reality Entertainment, and in the past 24 hours an additional one million copies of the game have been ordered and registered. That number continues to rise, we will keep you updated for any changes that occur in this case" 

Lapis shut off the TV, sighing "They didn't even pay royalties, not that I don't think they need to for me" he said, his sister was hugging his side. He looked down at her "I'm fine, I promise okay? Ultima was scary, but those people are just chickens" he said, hugging her back.

"Even your viewers?" she asked, looking up at him, and sighing. Lapis smiled and chuckled "Even my viewers, I'm over it now, but I had to not take that apology, I get how they feel still" he said, hugging her tighter "Now let go, I gotta go attend a meeting in the game" he hummed. 

His sister let go "Okay, brother" she said as Lapis stood up and went to his room, quickly putting on the NCNCS and logging into Reality Dive.


 

15