Pushing Limits (Arc Two Finale)
249 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A boat pulled up to the docks of Arcarus, The six rebels being taken off, it was eerily quiet, and tense. The once bustling streets were quiet, in the distance was the sounds of fighting, combined with gunshots was screams and yells of triumph or defeat, along with the sounds of unknown weapons firing, causing fwips and vwreeps, maybe from lasers. 

Alex quietly stepped off with Gareth and the players, glancing around the silent community. He took a deep breath, clenching his fist tighter before a loud roar broke the silence.

A massive jagged ship appeared in the sky, getting closer as it roared towards them, clearly. It was black, equipped with large and visible weapons, it looked horrendous and unearthly, far from sleek or practical, it seemed purely built for destruction and intimidation. They couldn't run, because before they could it was already clear it had spotted them, and it stopped just above the town, the force coming from it's flameless thrusters causing buildings to shake and a deafening roar to fill the air. It landed, crushing homes beneath it that some people ran out of quickly, but some didn't make it. The massive black and jagged gunship stood in front of the group. Society and Worlds both laughed while Gareth, the only one with a weapon, slowly drew his pistol, gulping at the massive sight.

Seeker got in front by Gareth, Amber just behind, while Lapis as the weakest alongside the weakened Alex stood behind everyone. Moments passed before a doorway opened on the front of the ship, and a man stepped out. He looked somewhat humanoid, but there were clear differences, his skin was a light blue, and his eyes were red orbs. Besides that, it seemed like he had natural armor on, it seemed mixed with his skin, and looked hard like an exoskeleton. "Ultima!" he shouted loudly, his voice deep and growling "This is your fault! You will pay for what you've done to my kind!" he said, getting into character. War looked to the players "You three! Traitors the lot of you! Siding with mortals!" he said, smiling.

"How does he know the three of you?" Gareth asked, feeling like he wouldn't like the answer. "I don't know" Seeker says, lying, but keeping his cool "We don't know you! All we know is you're like us, and that you're destroying Larian!" he shouted, clenching his fists.

"I see you've forgotten!" War said, smiling, a roleplayer through and through even despite being one who loved to battle and cause trouble "We are higher life-forms than these mortals, it is our destiny to rule th-" a rock hit his face, stopping his villainous speech. 

Alexander couldn't take it anymore, his eyes glowing multiple colors as he stepped forward, his stats raised again when he activate ULR, but he ignored the warnings "Shut up! How generic can you get!" he said, thoroughly annoyed "I don't care who you are, are you the leader? Then fight me you worthless little Lightform and I'll be sure you don't die!" he yelled. Gareth wanted to stop him, as did the players, because just a  moment ago he still seemed weak, and now he seemed fine, which meant he had to be doing something he shouldn't. 

War smirked, rubbing his face "Heh, fine then" he said, drawing a gun from his back "You're immune to some bullets right? What about high powered lasers?" he asked, aiming "You're going to regret stepping out from behind your shie-" once more he was interrupted by a rock hitting his face while he was aiming, causing the stock to hit his eye. He stumbled back while Alex ran forward, jumping up to him and stepping onto his shoulders "Stop monologuing you damn show starter, and fight!" he stomped on his chest, hearing something crack before he kicked the gun out of his hands and away.

War pushed him off, activating his own ability that pretty closely matched Ultima's as he stood up, swinging at him and hitting the shorter man with a mean hook. Alex flew back but rolled and stood back up as he recovered, making a blade appear out of his forearm "Let's see if a Lightform's limbs can be removed without death!" he said angrily before launching back at him

Announcement

Status of War Himself
Class: Warrior 1 Berserker 1 Warmonger 1
Skills: Sudden Weapon Improvement, Harming Intent, Rousing Speech (the longer you talk before you begin a fight the greater bonus you will have against your enemies, this also gets stronger the larger audience you have to witness the speech)
Abilities: Fighting Spirit, Go Berserk (A sizable increase to your strength, dexterity, and endurance, at the cost of making you tired afterwards and stopping you from doing magic of any kind. It continues until the fight is over and you haven't been in combat for one minute)
Statuses: Berserk
Stats follow below
Strength: 14 (12)
Dexterity: 12 (10)
Intelligence: 8 (10)
Endurance: 16 (14)
Wisdom: 8 (10)
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy, although right now a bit slower mentally and less aware of yourself. Your strength is very high, your dexterity is above average, your endurance could be considered the stuff of some stories at this point.

The two clashed, as more Lightforms came out, trying to avoid them and let the two heavy hitters battle it out. Alex still found the time in between his pounces to cut a few ankles and hit a couple spines as they moved past him, or tried to. Gareth began to shoot at them, aiming to incapacitate them by hitting their legs, which let Lapis either knock them out with a spell or Death Seeker to knock them out with a punch. Amber contributed by anylazing and sharing information to Lapis and Death Seeker about weak points as well as using her own focus mode to take out a few who were slower. 

The fact remained though that they were fighting one hundred people alone, and some of them of course had lasers. The three players were fine, but the couple of shots Gareth had gotten badly burned him, but he had yet to take a hole like wound. Slowly the line and formation began to collapse as they were overwhelmed, Alex still trying to fight War.

"You're going to die right here Ultima!" War said loudly while he took another hit from the soldiers blade, which quickly retracted and became a flail from his wrist the tried to sideswipe him "It would be better if you just give up you know! Your companions may die quicker if their precious little ******  *** does first! You can't come back like us!" he said loudly.

"Will you just be quiet!" his emotions flared, and he felt like his limbs exploded, for a brief moment he lost control. His blade moved quickly, slicing at the shoulders of War. Unlike any other wound, which never appeared on the Lightforms, in that moment his blade sliced clean through both arms. War froze, the arms disappearing in shimmers of light as he stepped back "W-what did you do?" he asked, he, he couldn't feel his arms.

Ultima calmed down quickly, panting as he collapsed suddenly. War couldn't capitalize on him exposing himself, because he passed out as well, his arms staying gone. 

Everyone stood still, the three players and Gareth staring at the now passed out Alex, as well as the Lightforms who were shocked by the wound War got. Not in the few days this game had been out, had any NPC ever actually taken off a limb and it didn't immediately 'kill' a player or log them out forcefully. War still talked, and it was clear he logged out on his own rather than be knocked out.

It was at this moment help arrived in Arcarus, HQ reinforcements turning guns at the Lightforms. Some gave up after seeing what Ultima did, but the battle restarted with the ones who didn't. Worlds and Society had both 'passed' out once War did, worried for their leader for a very specific reason.


A tall man with tanned skin and deep red curly hair coughed, dry heaving as he shook his head to throw the NCNCS system off, possibly damaging it. At this point he didn't care. He flopped out of the seat in his pod and looked at both of his limp arms, which he couldn't feel "No, no, no they're still there, I'm fine, I have my arms I have them" he said to his own body. He got up on his feet, hitting the unmoving arms on a wall, causing them to twitch "I HAVE MY ARMS DAMMIT!" he yelled, causing one of them to move slowly, but it felt like molasses. He moved to the door and opened it, unable to feel his arm, but still able to move it once he convinced his body he still had them. He called 911, seeing notifications from Worlds and Society but not answering them. 

Roughly 30 minutes after Ultima removed his arms in the game, Kevin was admitted to the same place as his friends, where he was given treatment and psychological help. The media was quick to cover this new case of Ultima causing damage. Steve groaned as reporters messaged and hounded him, he had to make some statement soon, but he just hoped Ultima would die by the players soon, he was having people watch the streams of The War Guild.


To their credit, many of the war guild players tried to steal killing Ultima, rushing at him, but he was protected by the reinforcements, so they couldn't get close or get a shot on him. The largest battle of the assault on Larian was a resounding failure, all one hundred alien Lightforms contained, detained, or knocked out. It wasn't the only fight, despite the success of the Ark defending, some nations weren't prepared, or did the unthinkable and offered help to the aliens. The entire planet was swallowed into chaos.

One day was all that passed before Alex woke up, his mouth dry, and he was inside of his room. He didn't open his eyes, it was too painful to move, a notification rang that gave him a headache, and made him realize how far he had pushed himself because he couldn't take that stupid player monologuing. 

Announcement
Alexander, AKA Ultima
Class: Ultima 4
Skills: Enhanced Physique, Broken Mind, Emotional Eyes, Small Firearms Immunity, Nerve Regeneration
Abilities: Ultimate Limit Release Mastered, Weapon of Heart, Shockwave Impact, Ultimate Limit Break
Statuses: Dying (You, are dying, perhaps with rest you can continue to live, but you shouldn't push yourself if you want to continue to live)
Stats follow below
Strength: 1 (don't even try doing anything remotely intensive)
Dexterity: 0 (you can't react, and can't move fast at all)
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 4 (you're lucky your immune system remains intact)
Wisdom: 11
Luck: 0
Notes: Rest Ultima

He was dying then? It said he could live, if he didn't push himself, he, wouldn't then. He kept breathing, trying to open his eyes. Now that he was awake for few minutes it was easier. Arron, who he felt like he hadn't seen for a long time carefully entered, helping him sit up and giving him water "Oh thank science" Arron said, looking at Alex. Like Gareth said, his eyes were colored now, but right now they seemed a very very dull blue. Alex became aware he was hooked up to life support now, glancing around.

"Arron?" he asked, his tone flat and tired "...I...I think I'm dying" he muttered, unsure why he told the scientist this. Arron shook his head "No, no you're going to live U-Alex, just you need rest, you aren't dying" he said quickly to assure him, laying him back down "Just rest, recover" he said.

Alex stared at him "The battles?" he asked him. Arron knew he'd probably ask "The fight against the flagship went well, although the one you um...cut the arms off hasn't woken up yet. They've all been put under stasis. Other than that, it's, hard, they've gotten smarter and have started to organize behind nations to attack us. Promising technology and power, so some have taken that bait" he said.

Alex closed his eyes "Okay, alright" he muttered, and it seems he fell back asleep. Arron slowly left the room, taking a deep breath.

Announcement
Ultima is bedridden, and the flagship and it's one hundred players fell to Lapis, Amber, Seeker, and Gareth. Alongside dozens of reinforcements. I hope I illustrated that while this was a curb stomp battle (pretty typical), it was still difficult, and the turning point was Ultima doing another one of his Ultima things, which has rendered him on the edge of death's door. The War Guild War isn't over though, we've only seen how the super powerful and evil Ark has taken care of business, what about smaller or weaker nations? Originally this chapter was called 'Ultima Unarms Someone' as a funfact. Yes, I made that pun, shoot me. Night and good day.
8