The Covens of Alice (Arc Three Chapter 2 Prelude)
245 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man dressed in heavy furs sighed as he rubbed his head, listening to the report from his soldiers, about the aliens who landed in the territory of Taren. The king, Sir Issac, was relatively sure that it would be a mistake both to help the extra-terrestrials out as that would anger the Ark, and a mistake to not help them, because of their thinly veiled threat of force. Other members of his court began to talk and discuss amongst themselves while he waited to give his own thoughts.

"We aren't going to war, at all, so our only option is to concede" he said "We will give them what they want, but keep them far from anything confidential" Issac said, silencing most of the jabbering "I just hope this won't be a mistake, arrange a truck for them to come here. Prepare rooms for each of them, just the best we can" he waves his hand. General Darius bows before quickly heading out, some maids and butlers leaving the court room to go prepare rooms.

"This will anger The Ark sir, and maybe even the couple dozen Lightforms under our control" one court attendant said, beginning to rise. Issac sighed "I know, but we aren't going to help them, just give them a place to stay, whatever they decide to do is their own business. As for the Lightforms, they aren't loyal anyway, and we all know that, we know that these aliens are from The Ark losing control of just six of them. These aliens are against the Ark, and maybe even the entire planet just because six of their companions got hurt. We aren't going to mess with that, what if the Lightforms we have secretly share the same power behind them?" he explained. 

The attendant sat down, crossing his arms "Very well" he muttered, looking at the tired and annoyed man in heavy fur and with a heavy frown.


A group of three players talked amongst each other, having been eavesdropping on the NPC meeting "They're going to come here, the war guild members, we can't stay" one of them said. "I know I know" another one said. These three were unique among the Lightforms in Taren's control, because they were always together, always, furthermore, according to the two girls and one boy, they were a 'coven' and each one a magician. It was difficult to do so, but even on the magicless planet of Larian there were still stories of magic and fantasy leading them to get a class level of Hag that strengthened their power together. 

The oldest among them adjusted her robes "If they find us, they'll start a witch hunt" she joked, the war guild was very large, it had few enemies to match it's size. With the fact that the war guild was one of war and technology, it was safe to say their guild was the opposite. Not that they weren't violent, but that they valued nature, and magic. The Covens of Alice were mostly women, though there was no lack of men in it. Aquria was the one who convinced her two friends to join Larian with her, a magicless world, with the intent to try and start magic on it. 

Zeprio sighed, as he sat up "You got that right, then we need to leave" he said. He wasn't sure how she managed to convince him to come onto Larian in the name of 'spreading the word' they were a faction, not a cause, but Aquria was very convincing in the moment. Zeprio just knew that the fact they needed to leave right now was annoying.

Kaaria nodded as well "Let's get going right now then, the guard patrols will be light while they're working to prepare rooms and a transport for them" she said, quickly standing up and making sure she had her dagger for safety. Easily one of the most hot headed members period of her faction, known for getting into fights often for fun, a PvP nut.

With the three all collectively agreeing to leave they joined hands, casting a spell and pouring all their magical power into creating a 'blink' spell. It was an enhanced form of Invisibility that let them move through walls that were thin enough, and move much faster. Each of their forms first blurred before turning totally transparent, they made their way out of the room, running out of the building.

Announcement
Status of Aquria/Kaaria/Zeprio
Class: Magician 1/Hag 1
Skills: Spellcasting
Abilities: Stronger Together (you can share the magical power of your spells with two other people, who must be close friends of yours. Allowing them to empower your spells or benefit from them. This spell can grow in number if the person also has Stronger Together and the Hag class specifically. Allowing the formation of 'super coven' spells)
Magic: You know ember, snowflake, static, thunder snap, acid flick, poison flick, witchcraft (make someone have non-lethal symptoms of a disease or shortly suppress them by creating a magical brew), invisibility (need not be explained), witch's lightning (shoot a bolt of black lightning that saps the energy from someone who you hit).
Statuses: None
Stats follow below
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 16
Endurance: 10
Wisdom: 10
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy. Your intelligence lets you cast arcane spells, while wisdom lets you cast holy spells. As a magician and hag, you mostly cast arcane magic, you've put one stat point into intelligence, making your normal elemental arcane spells stronger.

So, uh, yeah, sorry about not uploading yesterday. This is just a prelude, and is infact not a finished chapter. The reason it's not finished? My computer stopped working, hooray. Who knows maybe I'll turn it on tommorow and it just magically works again. I'm not going to write a whole chapter on my phone though sorry. This is what I had done so far today.

6