The Hidden NPC (Arc 3 Chapter 4)
217 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One held the body of his unconscious partner, keeping it held up as he laughed again. The other three players of Larian were disturbed to say the least.

"Come on man, that, really isn't funny, just accept some defeat" Magmus said, still prepared and aiming at him, while Blade kept his weapon at the ready as well. Fall was the most disgusted, keeping his shields between him and the puppet player.

"Or what? You'll actually kill me? I know you actually won't come on, everyone knows what your ******* is" he says, his words becoming static to the NPCs that were watching the battle.

"You have seriously lost it" Blade muttered, charging forward, he tried to cut at the strings on Bringer, only for One to unnaturally pull and bend the body backward to dodge the attack. 

"Come on he doesn't feel a thing, and there isn't anything against the rules saying I can't do this sort of thing to my own companion, he's knocked out anyway!" One defends, swinging at Blade's feet as he comes up, the trained player jumping back as the body comes back to a tense stand still.

"Okay, but you don't feel like, I don't know, f***ing grotesque? You're controlling someone else with your body man!" Fall yells, shuddering.

"So? This is what my race does, it's just something I can do, so I'll **** this **** however I please" One says, chuckling as he lunges at the grouped up three players. Blade goes on the offensive, trying to get through him as he bends the body out of the way, Magmus waits for a clear shot while Fall is just happy he doesn't have to get closer to the, puppet.


"They certainly are talking a lot" Darius says, rubbing his head while watching the fight "They really don't seem to like what that, goo Lightform is doing to the other one. Any luck, on figuring out their static?" he asks, looking to the other people present.

"No sir, any recordings of the situation are unable to be viewed, and their mouth movements don't match any known language" a scientist says, putting his phone down "It seems to me that the goo Lightform is crossing a line that shouldn't be to the other three, though maybe that's just because they're more human than it" he speculates.

"Maybe you're right, I think it's kinda messed up too but, if the alien fights like that he fights like that, can't really blame him I think" Darius sighs.


The remaining four players fight for awhile, One beginning to lose steam again as he controls Bringer's body, he formed a hardened shell around his body and rushed forward, going for one final push. Blade was surprised by the suddenness of his movement, finally broken open by the humming sword hitting through his chest. 

"Dammit" Blade pushed One back, or tried to, as before he could do so he turned into shining light, having 'died' to One. One panted using Bringer's body, twirling the sword as he looked at Fall.

"You're nex-" he stopped talking, falling to the ground as Bringer's body finally disappeared into a shining light. His tired gooey body hit the floor as he looked up at Magmus and Fall.

"Seems that you finally pushed it too far, hey, we didn't kill him, you did" Magmus said, smiling "Not that we planned for that, but, looks like you're pretty out for the count now" he noted.

Warring One growled, but knew they were right, now that he didn't have a body to control he was already being logged back out, having pushed his avatar to the limit "Yeah, well, I still got one of you" he muttered, before his body sort of just, became a puddle. 

Fall sat down, groaning "That was so disturbing to watch, but it's done" he said, lying on his back as he put both of his shields to his side "I need to sleep too, kinda" he says. 

Some scientists came into the fighting room, setting the aliens up against the wall, there were no wounds to repair really with them. They were hesistant to touch the goo, scooping it up into a large bowl and setting it very carefully aside, afraid it would attack or something still. Even though they all knew that when a Lightform 'fell asleep' nothing could wake them. 

Darius came out and patted the shoulder of Magmus and Fall "Hey, that was some good fighting on your parts, really, though that Blade fellow you called him right? He was probably the best, can't blame him for falling to...that though" he shuddered. Magmus nodded, helping Fall stand back up as he handed over his weapons to one of the soldiers.


The three hags panted, having taken several minutes just to dispatch one more of the vicious canine players, kiting them around the snowy expanse of Taren. They grouped up together, staring down the remaining two and preparing to take them out for good. 

The last two bent down, growling like real wolves as they looked to each other "You three are tough, but your magic power can't be that high can it? You're running out of steam while we are just getting started!" one of them spoke loudly before activating an ability, howling into the sky.

The Uruses Lupine grew slightly bigger, digging claws into the ground, while the other let out the same piercing howl and looked to the tired three witches. 

They stood their ground, firing at them as they approached, singing the two's fur with ember spells. Neither one backed off though, pouncing and beginning to attack them, undeterred by the damage source. It wasn't long before Kaaria managed to finally get away, panting and lying on the ground, receiving notifications of 'grave injury' despite her avatar remaining undamaged.

Zeprio and Aquria jumped back as well from the two, Zeprio helping Karria up while the wolfish players took a moment to recover from their rapid assault. This was turning out to be a losing match once these two used their, it must be a rage ability. 

"You know, for just being magic casters, gotta say, you put up a pretty good fight. Gonna end here now though, so just accept your defeat with some grace" one of the wolves said, giving a toothy and smug grin.

The two who could still fight brought their daggers out, knowing that the wolves were probably right, but it was still worth fighting till the end when they would revive anyway. 

The battle lasted just a few more seconds, as the final two wolves attacked the players, finishing them off. All three hags dissipated into light, likely thrown back to spawning in Taren capital and being at risk of being caught again. 

"We lost everyone else" one of them said "Including Warg" he tsked, growling and sighing at the same time.

"Let's head back to the ship, hopefully they were all smart enough to set their spawn there after we defected, if not, they're on their own now" the other said, letting go of his rage ability as they walked off, leaving the depressed snow where the three hags had 'died'


"Alex?" Lapis peeked inside of the room, slowly entering it. It was bright as always, devoid of any waste, containing nothing more than a lump on a thin looking bed and a clean desk.

The NPC turned to look at him "Lapis? What is it?" he asks, his tone dull and quiet, though there was a spark of yellow in his eyes at the sight of the player. Lapis came closer, he knew it wasn't all happiness, through his link with Alexander he could also detect quite a bit of sadness that just wasn't showing up in his eyes.

"I, wanted to see how you're doing? How you're actually, doing" he said, making sure to clarify something while he grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down.

Announcement

The Ultimate Project, Hidden NPC Quest 1
Mission: Check on Alexander "Ultima" and make sure to figure out what is bothering him.
Reward: Shard of a Legacy is awarded to everyone of the Amissa Lumina sub-faction.
Failure: There is no penalty for failing this.
Note: Make haste to talk with him.

Alexander sighed "I wonder how you Lightforms can so easily tell" he mutters, closing his eyes "To tell you the truth, I think I'm dying" he said quietly. "Arron says I'll be fine, but honestly, I'm not confident in that" he explained. "Knowing I'm going to die, I kind of feel, defeated. I mean, I haven't done much in my life, you know?" Alexander opened his blue eyes up and stared at Lapis.

"You, really think you're going to die?" Lapis took a moment to let that sink in, glancing to chat. It was errily quiet, not a wave of Fs or sad emojis, it was just quiet for the dying NPC. It felt weird seeing that, there were of course some, mainly War Guild members. For the most part though everyone in his stream KNEW Ultima, and hearing him say himself was dying felt pretty, shocking for a game. 

"I think so, maybe I'm just over reacting...Lapis? I have a question for you" he turned away "How does your ability work? Talking to other Lightforms?" Alexander asked quietly, hiding his now shining purple eyes as he felt ambition well up.

"How it works? Um, I tell them what, I know, and can hear and see what others are doing sometimes" Lapis says. 

"No, they all see don't they?" the NPC clarified, taking a deep breath "They see me right now? Don't they? How many want me dead, how many are our enemy Lapis? Tell me that?" the sudden fourth wall break made some people pause, but chat flooded with a declaration of faction. A lot from The Ark, most from Larian itself, along with a few War Guild members declaring that they did in fact want Ultima dead.

"I mean, quite a few are our enemy but, I would say a lot of them are our allies? Vaguely, I mean, they hate the guys who are invading and attacking this planet right now?" Lapis said himself after a minute.

"I see, then to everyone who is, fighting for Larian right now, I have something to say. If you, stand against the aliens that come to attack this place I call home. Then you are my ally"

Announcement

Ally to Larian!
Alexander Ultima has declared those who stand against the aliens to be his ally, regardless of nationality, or alignment, he hopes that in the face of invasion every Light Form will stand together to fight. With so many people witnessing this event, his words have been spread to every player on Larian, hence this notification. As of this moment, any Lightform that has not been hostile to The Ark Organization personally in the past is now considered an Honorary Member of the Amissa Lumina

5