The Ultima Class (Arc Zero Chapter 2)
800 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander, or Ultima, submitted the mission with a quiet sigh, rubbing his tired head as the window showed that it was slowly processing. At the very least he was now unrestrained, so he began to pace the room, drawing a finger on the wall. He wasn't unaware of the camera watching him, but he simply kept doing it so it seemed like a strange habit. Finally after ten laps, the window updated.

He paused, and slowly put his hand down, before sitting at the desk and staring ahead at the wall. While actually looking at the new window, it made him somewhat excited finally.

Announcement
Class Selection
Selecting a class is a big choice to make, make sure you make the right one. Most NPCs actually have custom classes, after all, no two people are alike in how they practice or what they do. Unless they're trained by a veteran of the class. No one knows their class, and no one accesses menus like you do as a Player. You have three basic classes to choose from, these can be changed at any time by learning from an NPC the first feature of a class, when you class change, some features from the basic classes will be merged into it so you won't lose everything. Your choices follow below!
Warrior: An all around martial class, don't be mistaken by the implication this is a frontline class, this covers bows, guns, swords, shields, tech weapons, and basically all weapons. Choosing it means you will become a better fighter, both in stealth and in the open. 
Inventor: A tech based support class, also can be called an artificer if magic is involved, or a mechanic if a purely technological outlook is used. A good support class that requires deep pockets and good smarts.
Magician: A basic starting magic class, but by basic, you gain access to most known zero level spells, and as a starting magician you haven't yet become squishy and weak. Muscled and strong wizards are not uncommon, it should be noted the planet you're on does not have magic at all, so keep that in mind.
Create Class?: NPCs are the only ones theoretically able to access this feature, you...shouldn't be able to

Every option seemed good, and of course there was the bottom, even the window seemed confused by it. He went through each option in his head, warrior was a good jumping off point, very good in all around aspects but with no room for support or magic. Inventor, well, he was no mechanic, and he didn't intend to be. Magician was the most out of the question, he wasn't going to go down the path of the wizard at all. Create class, that was his option, and as he said it in his mind the window changed once more.

Announcement
Class Creation
Here is the screen where NPCs would be able create their class if they were consciously able to, the fact you're seeing this isn't right. However, you have full access to it. Being level one, you have 3 points of creation, these are used and rewarded each level up in order to create skills or abilities. Skills are passive, abilities are activated things, usually with a cooldown related to the endurance stat for physicals, and the intelligence stat for magical things.
Please make two skills, fill them out below and you will be given a completed version with flaws, drawbacks, or balancing. You can go back and forth with this creation until you feel satisfied, but keep in mind you are only level one. You can also make one ability.

Below that was three blank boxes that he found he could type in by thinking about doing so, and now was a chance to finally put to test his creative skills.  He created the skills first, after thinking about it for a moment. They were called Enhanced Physique and Broken Mind.

Announcement

Enhanced Physique: Through the process of becoming your class, and your origin, this ability passively helps raise your stats. Limiters don't exist for you like they do for others. In terms understandable to others, this allows you to raise your stats faster and more efficiently. The downside to this is the other skill you have made, an interesting proposition.

Broken Mind: Also through the process of becoming your class, and because of your origin, this ability makes it so your mind is a mess of thoughts. You constantly take in information to a headache inducing degree, and are susceptible to mind control. There is an upside to this, that being no one wants to actually read your mind.

He felt satisfied having created these two skills, if what the Ark wanted was an ultimate super solider, he'd become one then, just following orders. He knew Broken Mind also seemed really bad, but the upside was more than the system seemed to think it was. He wanted to process everything, even if it hurt him. Enhanced Physique was to give him a jack of all trades skill that was always going to be useful.

Next was the ability, and he had one in mind, he knew it was a stretch for a level one, so he tried to mix it with the idea of Barbarian's rage or frenzy. It took several minutes before he finally got an approved version of Ultimate Limit Release, it wasn't worth asking why he gave it a complicated name, he liked it.

Announcement
Ultimate Limit Release: Enter a state of potential power, brought on by your origin and your enhancements. In this state, you gain a considerable amount of increase to all stats, at the cost of being inflicted with a 'enraged' status. This makes you more resistant to mind control as well. You've chosen for this to manifest in a way befitting the person, or in your case as the creator, a way you choose. The downside to this is the aforementioned 'enraged' state, which will make you unable to stop fighting even if you're pushed to your limits, you will not want to stop. As well as to further balance this, you may do this only once every 24 hours, and it will render you stunned for a few seconds when you activate it. 

He smiled, it was effectively a transformation, and yes, he recognized the fact he was stunned for a few seconds was basically equal to 'powering up' but he wanted that drawback for dramatic effect. It also seemed really powerful, but there was the enraged state too, he was sure he couldn't go against that, but it would be interesting to see how it worked. 

With both of these parts complete, he finally could decide on the name of this class, and of course, he liked the name he had, he never said he didn't. He named the class Ultima, and the system finished processing. After all this work, his status menu appeared.

Announcement
Status of Project Ultima
Class: Ultima
Skills: Enhanced Physique, Broken Mind
Abilities: Ultimate Limit Release
Statuses: Hypnotized (Strong), Drugged (2 hours left)
Stats follow below
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Wisdom: 2
Luck: 0
Notes: All around average, stats of ten are considered the average, so you're healthy. You're currently hypnotized, and also drugged which has dropped your wisdom down considerably, rendering you even worse off against charming or hypnotism. Your luck is zero, but luck can go into the negatives, this just means your luck is nothing. A good thing really.

He sighed, slowly moving from the desk and pushing the chair in a smooth motion. He began to lap the room again as information began to pour into him due to his new skill. He was able to keep track of every step he made, and how many tiles there were on the wall, how many lines he could count on the desk, the smells of cleaning solutions. All of this intensified his headache, but he suppressed a smile. This was a forceful upgrade and one he would use.

After exactly ten laps he stopped, and moved over to his bed, lying down and quickly falling asleep. Exhaustion had finally caught up to him, and he was certain that as 'the successful subject'  he was safe, in a way.


12 hours after awakening, despite being in a daze, Ultima paced ten laps around the room before sitting down at the desk and staring at the wall for several hours in deep thought. Ultima finally moved again after five hours and twenty five minutes, pacing the room another ten times before lying down and quickly falling into rest.

29