The War Guild Is Ready (Arc 3 Chapter 6)
232 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We need to kill him quicker" Steve said, talking to the game directors, rubbing his head. He actually wasn't able to go into work today, because him saying they would be killing off Ultima backfired. After his threatening posture and firm tone, many people elected to join The NPC Rights Group, and they were only getting bigger. It was so stupid, but it was also a reasonable reaction, the AI was very intensive and life-like, that's just how it was designed. Even so, there shouldn't be any reason Ultima could draw such a big conclusion, right?

"We are already trying as hard as we can Mr Harrison, it's not easy to just axe him, you know that can cause problems in the algorithm" one of them said, sighing as he crossed his arms.

"I know how story value works, the more important the character the more chaotic things will get to compensate if they die too early. I don't care though, kill him, immediately. I will handle clean up, but he can't be left alive any longer. We need to bury him too...wipe him from the memories of the system if you have to!" Steve said loudly.

"Sir that, that's too much. You know it is, what if the players try to tell or ask about Ultima then? The NPCs will be confused" Another said, eyes widening at how loud the CEO was. Even more heated than he ever had been, genuinely angry it seemed with Ultima.

"Censor them! Censor Ultima, strike him from history and from the system entirely, and if it breaks it, it's YOUR job to fix it! I want this buried and over with now!" he said "I know it's unreasonable, but I'm done seeing just one, freaking collection of lines of code able to disrupt the entire game!" he yelled. He slowly took some deep breathes "That clear? By any means necessary, we need to get rid of him" he said "I want this done, asap" he leaned back in his chair.

The game directors sat there a  moment "Right away, we'll, we will figure it out sir. Ultima will be dead soon" the eldest one said, logging off. Everyone else followed suit while Steve moved off his chair. 

The CEO wished he kept drinks in his house, but he didn't, settling for pouring some juice and sitting down with it, sipping the sweet apple juices as he rubbed his head. "It's just, one, NPC. It's one, among thousands, no an infinite number of them. That's why it's the infinity possibility system. It's just an NPC, and it can't hurt me, and it shouldn't be able to hurt others. This is for the safety of every player, and maybe even myself sure. Just, just calm down Steve...it's still your system. You made it, whatever happens, the system will compensate"


Ultima's interview wasn't the only thing going around in the world and the game however. Finally, the universal governments had responded to the Lightforms appearing. After so many worlds were affected by the rebellion of The War Guild. 

It wasn't simple to move the powerful governments into action, but what they did was simple. All Lightforms were recorded and documented as citizens right away, making them less mercenaries and more free-lance workers, fully able to be punished by the laws of the advanced civilizations they dealt with. To many people this was reasonable, to the more chaotic and free willed ones though this only rose more tensions, and The War Guild began to receive reinforcements over the next few days. Ships approaching and joining the countries that others were at.

The Ark Organization declassifying Ultima's incidents and his abilities made quite a few countries elect to stop helping The War Guild. This lead to their destruction, unprepared for the sudden onslaught, as most of the ones that stopped helping were smaller countries The War Guild at first approached on equal terms. Taren, despite the loss the three leader members suffered in combat, was still in firm control of the aliens. Forming a parasitic relationship in which their allies were given refuge, and the monarchy was given more advanced technology. 

Taren's rapid growth, and inability to separate from The War Guild now caused a schism. They were not the only nation held by The War Guild now through technology sharing and deep holds in the government, just the largest. 

The tensions of Larian flared, as was predicted long ago by the system, only this wasn't brought on by the Lightforms spurring to action the wars between nations. Rather, all Lightforms of Larian took up arms against the invading War Guild members, despite their differences it was easier to join forces against a common enemy. 

The War Guild, a collection of hundreds of players, all of varying alien races with advanced technology. Versus the players of Larian, mostly evil or good players joined together to battle them, hailing from a planet on the edge of secure space travel, that outnumbered them by quite a bit, but would it be enough?


The war truly started one day after Ultima's interview, The Ark Organization on high alert for any sign of the War Lightforms mounting on an attack. 

It was on this day that a collection of nations joined together, forming a larger military group, at the front of this alliance stood The War Guild members. 

Warring One would smile if he could, his partners standing by his goopy form as he over looked the armies behind him. "It feels great, knowing we can bring this sort of thing to actually happen" he said, chuckling "We are going to get back at The Ark, and get so much from it too. I'll be the one to land a blow on Ultima, and I'll be so happy to commander his powers for my own" he hummed, forming a blade on his hand "Even if they're a bit inferior to my own" he said.

"Tone it down a bit One, you're creeping everyone out" War Wolf said, having healed from the battle, looking back at his pack of other players who hid behind him from the laughing and possibly insane player. They were all doing well now, having reported on the three Alices they defeated, but those hags were yet to be found again. They probably escaped somehow by now.

"Right, you really are, I still can't believe you, did that to my avatar" Bringer said, standing further away from the gooey player as he watched him chuckling, moving around his living blade of an arm. 

"Oh come on, I think that was pretty cool, we aren't you know, human here guys. So we have to lean into that more, you know?" One explained, looking at the other two leaders "I'll tone it down, just a bit then. Now why don't we get this started?" he said, smiling.

The members of The War Guild, Lightforms of varying races and powersets, as well as classes, all raised up their weapons. Be it a blade of light, a gun of energy, of even their own fist. "Tonight! We battle The Ark! I know some of you do not trust us, but the fact is you are all here to help us overthrow them, they are a blight upon this world who ahs harmed our friends, and by the end of this battle we will see them dead and our friends rescued! For all of you, we offered our kindness and our technology, and to all of you, we promise more in exchange for your hard work! Now rejoice my newfound companions, rejoice, revel in camadarie as we march forward to topple the evil organization that has kept all of you under it's thumb!" Bringer spoke loudly, many of the NPCs getting caught up in the moment and cheering. There were hardly any Lightforms in the alliance that weren't War Guild.


Magmus and his two friends watched the gathering from afar, seeing the NPCs all lined up with the scattered players making up the front, hundreds of planes ready to go, as well as space ships. 

Blade held his weapon tightly "We should get going now" he said, leading Fall to nod along with him.

The three players who battled the three leaders were not suicidal, nor were they that loyal to their faction. Regardless of desertion consequences, they wouldn't stand by the enemy. 

The three left, marching over the snowy territory to escape before the war truly began, all three examining the new powers every non-hostile to The Ark player received not all that long ago.

Announcement
Legacy of a Project has been born from the Shard of a Legacy!
Enhanced Physique skill has been added to your power set, allowing you to fight above your limits, and you will now gain stats from regular training and intense combat.
....
A new ability has been born from the Legacy of a Project!
So Long As I Stand!
A less intensive version of Ultima's core ability, The Ultimate Limit Release, that boosts the stats of a player. It is unlike rage, in that it unlocks the potential a person has, meaning that one day you can become as strong as it makes, and while Ultima himself has only ever seen very sizable increases to his physical stats, this is not how it works for everyone. This ability can also allow someone to persist when they would otherwise be knocked unconscious, although using it in this way may outright kill the user afterwards.
Announcement
Enhanced Physique was just a skill to make people more interested in the quest, not that they wouldn't have taken anyway. So here is Ultima's real custom ability he is giving to every player on Larian, the only question is will it be enough, how long will he continue to live, and how will the war affect the entire planet? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, may be a bit shorter than most, but I enjoyed writing it. Next Chapters will be all about the attack on The Ark, which will finish up this Arc I am thinking. At which point I may take a longer break to write something sort of new, though I make no promises it will be all that good, it will just be something different to write a bit. Thank you for your responses to the poll last chapter, regardless if you gave a vote recently or when it first posted. Have a goodnight, or a good day depending on where you are!
6