Chapter 24 – Beginning of The War – The Fall of Sulbar
147 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Finally I'm back after the assignment week. Now, I have to separate my time between writing story and Dissertation as my proposal has been approved by the department on 1st June.

The Celestina Empire, Central Imperial Intelligence Security Agency Intelligence Command Room, Capital of Natunia, Hereford

Both Alicia and Cecilia are looking at every single intel that was coming from the Papaldia Empire. Ever since the fleet was mobilized to the Kingdom of Selarong, they have been reviewing every possibility of how the Papaldia Empire will act. Information from Jacob Angelus and Tai Han Rho indicates that the Papaldia Empire still won’t budge and try to bid more time than what it should be.

“As expected of Superpower…”

Alicia only sighs while Cecilia understands how she feels, but this will be the Papaldia’s biggest mistake in the history of the Papaldia Empire and it will be written in the history book of the Empire.

“Reporting in. Operation: Sweet Dreams is a success! The evacuation has been conducted safely!”

“Are there any abnormalities?”

“Yes! We found two soldiers permanently on station at the small island west of the town of Sulbar and we’ve managed to evacuate them as well.”

“Excellent.”

Alicia and Cecilia bump their fist, smiling that the Sweet Dreams was a success. Now, the next report came from Feena where she had just finished the briefing with the mechanics at one of the Space Shipyard.

Raziel is ready to be launched, huh…? So we need to go to the field-test before we can officially commission it.”

“Is the crew selection already underway?”

“It’s almost done. But, we can use the minimum amount of operational crew for field-testing.”

“All right, then.”

Taking a look at the possible battle map, they do plan to strike on the Papaldia Empire hard.

“Can we use aircraft for this one?”

“If we’re going to use missiles? Well, better use a submunition dispenser rather than a standard one. The standard one is a waste of bullet anyway.”

“I understand… Get Crowz team here, I would like to have a briefing with them.”

Crowz team, which also serves as a part of the Crowz Clan, primarily consists of Sionx Sharaphova, Taleum, Nova Aurelia, and Vibber will be deployed to conduct the surprise attack from air units.


The Papaldia Empire, 1st Foreign Affairs Department, Two Weeks After Meeting with the Celestina Empire Ambassador

3rd department head Kyeos had been called over to the 1st department. While the departments did sometimes exchange personnel since they were publicly part of the same governmental organ, it was normally out of the question for a department head to be summoned to another department. However, because the 1st department carried an order from the emperor this time, Kyeos was obligated to show up.

The meeting would take place in the department head’s office. Kyeos was currently standing in front of the door. No matter how many times he saw that gaudily-ornamented, heavy door, he always hated it. This should have been my room… as he stood there, those kinds of thoughts crossed his mind. But, the Palace Maids really makes this job well done here. It feels cleaner now.

Jill already wiretapped the 1st Foreign Affairs Department, she does that when cleaning the 1st Foreign Affairs Department by Palace Maids led by Jill due to her discovered the office that lacks a healthy environment.

Clack.

An employee of the 1st department opened the door and led him in. Inside the room, he saw 1st Department Head Elto, Deputy Head Hans, Chief of Sub-Superpower Countries Shiran, and there was also a beautiful woman in her mid-twenties sitting by herself.

Kyeos bowed to each person in turn. “By His Grace the Emperor Ludius’s command, I am here at the 1st department to respond to your summons… How may I be of service?”

“You do not know? It appears you have yet to learn to think for yourself,” spat the beautiful woman venomously.

“I beg your pardon, but may I ask who you are?” Kyeos asked politely.

“Remille, from the Foreign Affairs Auditing Office.”

The Foreign Affairs Auditing Office was established to deal with internal iniquities and cases of deteriorating relations with other countries. When departments were audited in the past, sometimes it resulted in the person leading the department being removed, and sometimes some diplomatic duties were taken over by another department. To avoid questions of status, since the foreign affairs departments were comprised of elites, the auditing office was staffed by members of the imperial family. In other words, the woman before him was royalty.

Jill was able to gather information after what happened during the Rodenius War. It seems that the girl, Remille, was involved in scolding the 4th Foreign Affairs Department that runs a diplomatic strategy. Due to the failure of the Empire’s investment in the Rodenius War, the 4th Department was disbanded and all of them are being reassigned to the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department. The information was later reconfirmed by Silvano, who was stationed at 3rd Foreign Affairs as Head Clerk.

Kyeos lowered his head before Remille.

“If I may ask again, how may I be of service?” Kyeos asked even-tempered.

“We are here to talk about Celestina. If I remember correctly, the 3rd foreign affairs department is responsible for countries outside the civilized area, and the head of that department is Kyeos, in other words: you. However, His Grace’s exact words were to ‘meticulously educate Celestina.’ I saw the notes for the first meeting with the Celestina Empire. Why were they treated like state guests? Since Celestina only has one assigned diplomat, I do not need anyone else’s necks, thus I tell you directly that you were diplomatically weak—no, even worse, it was a diplomatic capitulation. For someone representing the empire to be so… if you were unable to fathom His Grace’s will… I can only say that it was pathetic, Kyeos.”

Kyeos felt sweat beading on his brow. Remille continued speaking.

“Kyeos, for any future dealings with the Celestina Empire, the 3rd department will no longer be necessary; the 1st department shall take over. I will temporarily leave the Foreign Affairs Auditing Office and join the 1st Foreign Affairs Department and take over as the diplomat in charge of all issues concerning the Empire of Celestina. Kyeos… fools who are unable to discern His Grace’s intentions are not needed in the empire. You shall not be dismissed due to this incident; I hope you are grateful for that. Watch your conduct carefully in the future.”

(This bitch… how conceited!!!)

Kyeos drove his fingernails into his palms with incredible force.

“Yes… I will comply with your decision.”

Having to endure this humiliating treatment in front of the entire 1st department was akin to a public execution. 1st department head Elto and the other officials allowed their lips to curve up slightly.

And so, the 1st foreign affairs department took over for the 3rd department concerning the Papaldia Empire’s dealings with Celestina with Remille of the imperial family as the new mediator.


A day after the meeting between Kyeos and Remille, Pardina Café

“Take a look at this, Silvano.”

Jill hands the paper of intel to Silvano which she reads it immediately.

“Seems we can use Kyeos to do our bidding…”

“It looks like we can use it."


The Kingdom of Selarong, Western Region, Sulbar, 12th January 1524 / 225

Sulbar, on the west end of the Kingdom of Selarong, would become the front line of a war with the Papaldia Empire, so about 2,000 warriors were stationed there for that eventuality. About three kilometers west of Sulbar, there was a small, uninhabited island. A watchtower was built on this island to monitor for an invasion from Papaldia, and two warriors were permanently stationed there as lookouts.

Yesterday, during Operation: Sweet Dreams, they were discovered by the Celestina Zealot Strike Force and the Strike Force was able to evacuate, with their body doubles now occupying it. Celestina intends to make sure the Papaldia Empire takes the bait since the report indicates that Jacob and Rho were about to meet the 1st Foreign Affairs Department today. Since Alicia is aware that the Papaldia Empire plans to make a show of force and to force them to submit with one of the oddities is public execution, the preparations were already underway.

It was a clear day with calm waves and light breezes. There were no rumblings of engines, only the sound of the waves and the wind, as well as wildlife like birds and insects. The breeze was very comfortable. The lookouts noticed numerous small dots off in the distance. As the dots gradually grew larger, so did the lookouts’ sense of dread as they made out what they were.

“Th… they… they’re finally coming! It’s the Papaldia imperial army! Send up the smoke signals!!!”

They used the color reserved only for the direst of emergencies, for when their country was being attacked, and soon red smoke could be seen coming from the island.

“Th… that’s—! …Sound the whistle!!!”

Upon seeing the red smoke, the watchman in Sulbar immediately ordered the emergency whistle to be sounded. The warriors who heard the whistle would blow their own whistles to propagate the alert. The entire town of Sulbar was filled with the sound of whistles, and all the citizens of Selarong knew what it meant.

From the port of Sulbar to about five kilometers inland at the western castle, preparations for war were now underway. Even in the military quarters in Selarong, warriors were getting ready for battle. Finally, even though they were waiting for it, the superpower Papaldia Empire’s army was finally coming. They knew that they were overwhelmingly outmatched, but still… they did not intend to lose!

The Selarong army was ready to fight.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Army

General Cius received a report. The wyvern lords from the dragon carrier were already in the skies above Sulbar and were conducting reconnaissance. Sulbar didn’t have a large army; the only strategic locations of note were the western castle a bit inland and the military quarters near the port. The imperial army didn’t encounter any enemies during their journey; factoring in the report from the oversight army that they had eradicated Selarong’s navy, it seemed that Selarong no longer had any naval forces whatsoever.

“We need to secure the coastline first and foremost…”

He needed the beachhead secure in order to bring his troops onto land; he wasn’t naïve enough to believe that they could just dock at the port. There was only one wide coast near Sulbar, so he decided to lay anchor there. Based on aerial surveillance, there were only some thin, wooden barriers blocking the coast.

“First, we will fire our ships’ cannons at the military quarters near the port and destroy that. Then, we will destroy the wooden barriers blocking the coast as well. After that is done, one thousand infantry will form the first landing battalion and disembark to secure the beachhead. Finally, we will unload our land dragons and our main weaponry.”

“Yes sir!!!”

General Cius’s orders went out across the entire army.


Celestina Empire, Recon Team Alpha, Radar-class Prowler, Arcus

“Seems they’ve taken the bait.”

Flying at 50,000 feet, Arcus steadily monitors and captures every single of the pictures, identifying the Commanders and the Commanding Officer of the army. Their mission is only to observe while Celestina will lure them in further to ensure the Operation: Lizard Strike is being carried on as planned.

“Why we won’t send a fleet to stop them, Commander?”

“Grand Duchess Alicia has a plan. She wants the Empire to keep their mouths open and wanting that land dragon.”

“But, I heard that Shiela wants to come as well.”

“Is it by her request, or…?”

“It’s her mount that wanted to have a fresh meal.”

“Good grief…”

Lieutenant Faira only pats her own forehead. Kagefumi was indeed quite greedy, but, it can’t be helped since she probably enjoys the meal from the captured wyverns who are being selected as a dinner for Shiela’s ancient dragon. If Kagefumi was transformed into a true form, the size could be sufficient to intimidate the Papaldia Empire, but it can cause a problem if the Celestina Empire wants to open diplomatic ties with other countries. Since they don’t want to rule with fear, the best that they want is to use Kagefumi Entranger in a necessary battle.

The Prowler Arcus continues to record the battle from the air.


PAPAPAPAPAPAPA… DODODODODODODON!!!

The battle between Papaldia and Selarong started when all the 100-gun ships-of-the-line in the imperial army fired at once. These attacks gave birth to deafening explosions… Every cannon shell caused another peal of thunder… The previously-quiet town quickly turned into a burning landscape of Hell. The military quarters fell after six shells. All across the town, flames and smoke rose up into the air.

“Aaaargh—!!! Waaah—!!! Someone help—!!!”

Citizens ran around, panicked, trying to flee the destruction. Cannon shells showered down on them mercilessly. The Papaldian army’s barrage was relentless, pulverizing the port and the wooden barriers. From the sea, the only things they could see still standing on the coast were broken trees.


Papaldia Empire army, 1st infantry battalion, 3rd platoon, 4th squad leader Arma looked at the coast from inside a small landing boat. His expression was loose, relaxed. There were a hundred of these small boats carrying a thousand personnel to the coast in order to secure the beachhead. They were the vanguard in the eradication of the barbarians in the Kingdom of Selarong, a country outside the civilized areas.

During the subjugation of the Kingdom of Verlaine, he was in the musket group shooting the knights that slipped past their land dragons. He had never experienced anything as euphoric as that before or after that battle. This time as well, he held a gun gifted to the empire by His Grace the emperor that was so deadly it could end a life with a simple twitch of a finger. Capturing the beachhead would be an easy task, especially since there was no cover on the coast and bows couldn’t reach them from the nearby forest. The catapult that was near the military quarters was also already destroyed during the magic cannon barrage earlier.

“Such an easy work.”

Almost the entire empire believed that they would definitely be victorious, and with nearly no casualties at that. The landing boats reached the coast. The entire battalion had arrived. There was no counteroffensive from Selarong. The soldiers spread out to check the area for oddities. Arma noticed that some patches of the coast had a slightly different color.

“Hmm? What is this?!”

KRAAHH SHRAAHH GROOHH!!!

Suddenly, warriors with helmets the color of the sand wielding curved blades, spear, and axe emerged from under the ground all over the coast.

“Selarong warriors!!!”

Arma quickly lifted his gun and peered down the sight, but there were too many people moving around and too many allies around, so he couldn’t pull the trigger. They warriors were simply too close!

“YAAAAAHHH!!!”

With a deafening warcry, a Selarong warrior attacked Arma.

“Dammit!!!”

He tossed his gun aside and grabbed the sword at his waist.

“Aaaaahhh!!!”

The warrior had his sword high above his head and swung down sharply.

Clang!

Sparks flew when the two weapons collided. Immediately afterwards—

“Wha—!!!”

Having just desperately warded off the killing blow from above, Arma’s attention was completely drawn upwards, but the enemy’s sword was already coming down on his left side from above. He was fast!!!

Shhhblppt!!!

“Wh… gah… gh… damn… it!!!”

Arma crumpled to the ground with the Selarong warrior’s sword buried in his torso.

There were about 300 Selarong warriors who suddenly appeared, mixed in with the landing battalion, and a confused melee began due to the warriors being too close for the soldiers to use their guns. The Selarong captain, having studied books from Celestina and being taught in practice by Grand Duchess Eleonora, learned that rather than constructing something to shield against Papaldia’s bombardments. It was much more effective to simply equip each warrior with an iron helmet and hide in the ground for the shots to pass overhead.

Since should they set up defenses behind the cover, it will have a high mortality rate mainly because of cannon fire while the landed units are barely getting cover fire from the warship due to the risk of friendly fire. Having never seen this tactic before, the Papaldian army was slow to adapt to having lost their advantage. However, it was still a battle of 1,000 against 300, so the imperial army eventually emerged victorious. The Selarong warriors fell one after another and were completely wiped out.

The Papaldia imperial army had lost 550 soldiers, but they succeeded in securing the beachhead and proceeded to unload their ground weapons.


Celestina Sleeper Camp, West of Capital of Selarong, Gowok

Sleeping Pods

“Aaaahh!!”

One of the soldiers suddenly woke up, followed by other Selarong soldiers that are died on the beach.

“W-where am I?”

They were confused to realize that how they were still alive. Immediately the Celestina personnel that was tasked to guard the camp quickly checks on their health.

“Calm down, sir. You’ve just woken up.”

“But, but… I’m supposed to be dead, isn’t it?”

“It’s your body double that died.”

“H-how come!?”

“His Majesty can explain it later.”

“W-w-what!?”

The Selarong soldiers are still confused about what happened. Questions linger of them as the people of the Sulbar Town who are confirmed Killed In Action also woken up from their slumber. The 7th Dream Sleeper Corps, tasked to guard the encampment, continues to give a proper explanation.

One of the soldiers saw Godan was sleeping at the pod.

“L-Lord Godan!!”

“Stay back! No one is allowed to get near him until he wakes up!”

“B-But! Isn’t he supposed to be at the castle!?”

“Maybe you can take a look at this.”

Celestina shows them a video feed where Godan’s double, which was exactly the same as him is on station at Western Castle. Along with it were the soldiers of Selarong that were stationed at the western castle. They felt somehow still confused and not quite convinced about the explanation from the 7th Dream Sleeper Corps personnel.

“He will wake up once his body double is dead.”

“Are you sure about that?”

Kumsius came to the female personnel who was explaining it. She nodded.

“He will, only once his body double is dead.”

Kumsius nodded since he also got a report from one of Dimas’s aides, Sentiko. He believes in Celestina’s capability to ensure that no one was left behind.


Kingdom of Selarong, Sulbar, Western Castle

As soon as he learned of the Papaldia Empire’s attack, the King of Selarong, Dimas immediately sent out riders to spread the news. The enemy lost 550 men in the first battle, and both the military quarters and all the coastal barriers had been destroyed. He had 600 cavalries, but in the face of the imperial army’s 3,450 well-disciplined soldiers, they would simply be annihilated. The imperial army was now heading for the western castle and would arrive soon.

The western castle was a sturdy structure and well-suited for a siege. It would not fall easily. It would be optimal if reinforcements came before it did, but… either way, the castle lord, Godan, was prepared to besieged by the enemy.

Pheeeeeeeeew… BOOM!!!

“What’s going on?!”

He saw smoke in the direction of the castle gate.

“The… the castle gate has been destroyed…”

“Wha… It can’t be!!! Do they have portable magic cannons, not just ones loaded on their ships?! And they toppled it with only one attack… What power!!!”

He could see the imperial army pressing forward with their land dragons in the lead. In the skies, wyvern lords were charging up their fire blasts. The western castle was going up in flames all over.

That day, the Selarong army lost 1,000 warriors, the Papaldian imperial army lost 20 soldiers, and the Kingdom of Selarong lost Sulbar’s western castle.


At the Celestina Camp

GASP!!

Godan suddenly woke up after he was eliminated by the Papaldia Empire soldiers. He looks surprised as his deceased comrades are also woken up in the same camp. Is this heaven or is it hell? His head hurts a bit since he woke up of a sudden.

“Lord Godan! You woke up!”

Godan, the castle lord of Sulbar is still somehow at loss on how did he was still alive here.

“We thought we lost you, my lord!”

Collecting himself, he looks at one of the Celestina Corps members.

“Where is this and… what is going on…?”

“Please allow us to explain, sir.”

Accompanied by Kumsius, the Celestina personnel explains to them about Operation: Sweet Dreams where their primary intention is to draw the Papaldia Empire’s arrogancy. Hearing that, Godan understands that if they want to take Sulbar back, they need Celestinian Army’s firepower.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Esthirant, 1st Foreign Affairs Department

As the person completely in charge of dealings with the Celestina Empire as well as the diplomat plenipotentiary, Remille of the imperial family, who came from the Foreign Affairs Auditing Office to the 1st Foreign Affairs Department, summoned the Celestinian diplomats via letter, “Come quickly.” This letter was sent directly to the hotel where the diplomats were staying, without going through the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department, which makes Silvano suspects that the noble Remille is plotting something. Upon receiving the cryptic message, Jacob and Rho contact Silvano to ask for the current intel.

“Silvano, did you got the news about this?”

“No. This information is certainly from the 1st Foreign Affairs Department. Jill already confirmed that a noblewoman named Remille is taking over as the head of the 1st Foreign Affairs Department, personally handling the diplomatic errands with the Celestina Empire. Needless to say, this is still according to the plan.”

“You mean, from Grand Duchess Alicia?”

“Yes.”

“Any instructions?”

“Stay silent and act as you are being threatened. That should be able to draw out more of their arrogancies. You both can play it out, right?”

“As it will be.”

“Oh, and Grant says that you better prepare the berets when Sasha finishes her errands with the Papaldia Empire.”

“I understand.”

Jacob and Rho are originally from the military. Jacob Angelus holds the rank of Captain while Tai Han Rho holds the rank of Sergeant Major and as Jacob’s right hand. They are both reassigned to the diplomatic office, leaving their military life behind. Jacob’s feat, particularly after securing an alliance with one of the nomadic clan, Gaulish that was infamous of one of the most barbaric nations on the Epsilon Eridani System due to ruthless method of battle was the main reason why Alicia reassigned them to the diplomatic office with Jacob as Charge d’ Affaires and Rho as his attache.

Their superior, who was currently the Minister of Defense, General Douglas Darwin Grant, objected to this since he wants both Jacob and Rho only to be reassigned to the diplomatic attache, retaining their military ranks. Alicia already has taken his concern into account while she wants Grant to take Jacob’s unit for the time being.

Aware of what happens next, Jacob and Rho left the hotel. There was an imperial carriage waiting for them; after they boarded, it departed silently. They traveled along a cobblestone road reminiscent of ancient Rome. The carriage didn’t have a suspension system as motorized vehicles did, so the shaking did a number on their rears.

(Let’s play with their pride and arrogancy until they realize they beg for forgiveness.)

As they are preparing the necessary papers, the carriage approached the entrance to the imperial palace. When they were working with the 3rd department, that office was outside the palace, but it appeared their new contact had an office in the palace. They passed through the gate and entered the palace grounds. There were beautiful white buildings all lined up in rows and a flawlessly arranged garden as well. Just seeing the palace gave off an impression of the empire’s décor and overflowing pride, as well as its monumental national power. For them, it was acceptable enough since there are no golds and such that can annoy them.

Eventually, the carriage stopped at a building in the corner of the palace grounds. At the behest of an imperial messenger, the Celestinian diplomats departed the carriage and entered the building. They passed through an elegant garden, then a corridor, and were led to a heavy black door. The imperial messenger opened the door and checked inside the room.

“Please enter.”

The diplomats walked into the room following the messenger’s invitation. Before them, there was a beautiful, silver-haired woman in her twenties sitting in an extravagant chair. She was fairly slim and wore a silver circlet on her head. Jacob and Rho only look at her as usual while she examined them sharply. The imperial messenger gestured for the two diplomats to sit down, then the woman spoke.

“I am Remille with the Papaldia Empire’s 1st Foreign Affairs Department. You may consider me the person responsible for all foreign affairs regarding Celestina.”

“I am Jacob with the Celestina Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is my assistant, Rho. I understand that you have an urgent matter to discuss, may we ask what that matter is?”

Silence.

“Oh, it was nothing, I just wanted to show you something interesting today… This is of course by the will of the emperor,” Remille intoned oppressively.

“I see; well, what do you have to show us?”

Remille flicked her eyes over to the messenger. He opened a door, behind which sat a one-meter crystal cube. If looking at the crystal cube, it looks like a reminiscence of when the Celestina Empire has just been founded.

“This tool will revolutionize magical communication. It allows the projection of images during magical communications, and it is currently being implemented in both the Holy Milishial Empire as well as our empire.”

“Right…”

Asada blurted out a kind of dumb response. This was basically a giant television. He wondered what exactly was going on. Did they just want to show off their technology?

“Before we commence, I will give you a chance.”

They were given handouts on shoddy paper (at least from Celestina’s perspective). On it, in the Fillades common language, was listed the following:

  • The empire shall dispatch an imperial representative to become the Emperor of Celestina.
  • Celestina’s laws shall be audited by the empire and revised as necessary.
  • The Celestinian army and adventurers shall comply with the empire and be stationed wherever ordered.
  • Celestina shall send a requested number of slaves to the empire every year.
  • Celestina shall not establish diplomatic ties with any other country without the express approval of the empire.
  • Celestina shall disclose a list of all their resources to the empire. Should the empire request any resources, Celestina shall send those resources to the empire.
  • Celestina shall disclose all of their magical technologies to the empire.
  • In the name of the emperor, any Papaldian citizen has the right to kill any Celestinian citizen.
  • Celestinian citizens will share a fixed amount of payment gained from resources hunting to the Papaldia Empire as a sign of loyalty.
  • Celestinian citizens will…

Looking at each of the demands and how the Papaldia Empire treats Celestina, it is what Alicia wants to confirm. He decides to play out his actions to ensure that they fell for their act, as Alicia wanted to.

“Deacon’s hell, what is this?!” Jacob cried, his hands firmly clenched into fists. These conditions weren’t even those belonging to a vassal state, they were for the worst possible colonial state. He couldn’t even pretend to find them acceptable.

“You object only because you are a fool who does not understand the power of the empire. Despite your proximity to us, you are just some pretentious barbarians who know nothing of the empire. Normally, just coming to the imperial capital would teach you your place, and our conditions would soften with your deference. But, of all things, Celestina refused to recognize our extraterritoriality, something even a country in the civilized areas would not dare to do… yes, something only a superpower would request. You do not recognize our national power. Or perhaps your home country does not put much stock in the opinions of its diplomats. Or if they do, then they simply lack the incentive to recognize our strength.

Your country supposedly defeated our oversight army. While this was an internal matter, the admiral of the oversight army at the time was suffering from a mental illness. In fact, there were no deaths… we suffered no casualties. In other words, you did not defeat our forces, it was simply a problem with our personnel.”

She paused for a moment.

“Now, allow me to ask. Diplomats from Celestina. Will you obey our commands, or will you doom your country to destruction?”

There was no way they could accept these terms, but they also could not suddenly declare war either.

“We are simply diplomats who came here to open diplomatic relations. While we do not believe the Celestinian government will agree to your conditions, we will report this offer back to our country and await their response.”

The white-haired woman, Remille, curled her lips into a devilish smile. Seeing that smile, it looks like they will be able to get a big hit.

“Hohoho, I thought you would say that… it seems barbarians do simply need to be educated meticulously. It was just as the emperor said. Pitiful Celestinian savages, your eyes have finally been opened to the magnificence of the emperor. However, His Grace is generous. You appear to have the potential to be rehabilitated… you shall allow the empire to educate you.”

The woman in front of them seemed to want to say more, but they were unable to discern what it was she wanted to communicate.

“Hohoho… feast your eyes on this!!!”

Flash!!!

Remille snapped her fingers and the crystal cube began to project a low-quality image in front of them. Asada watched the video and gasped.

“We have subjugated Sulbar, a western town in the Kingdom of Selarong. These people here were possibly plotting acts of rebellion against our country… They have been detained under suspicion of being spies.”

There were about 250 people roped together by the neck. Young and old, male and female; there was no discrimination in who was captured. Jacob recognized the clothing the prisoners wore along with their tags. Much to his delight, they are all adventurers.

“Those… those are Celestinian people!!! …They only traveled to the Kingdom of Selarong for helping the people of Selarong! they have committed no crimes! Binding them by the neck with rope… Release them at once!!!”

Silence…

“A demand? You barbarians are making a demand of the empire?! You, simpletons, don’t know your place!!!”

Remille took out a magical communication device.

“Execute them.”

“Sto—!!!”

Slice!!!

A sword was drawn across the neck of the leftmost man, causing blood to spill out violently.

The adventurers went silent due to being instructed by Alicia.

Slash!!!

The sword sunk into the neck of the female knight.

Slice!!!

The new adventurer was also executed. The executioner made his way down the line of people, killing all those ordinary people. No matter the age or sex, he was always ruthless. It was a picture of Hell, a silent hell.

“S… Stop!!! Stop this instant!!!” Jacob yelled. “Do you understand what you’re doing?!?!”

When the number was down to 50, the Celestinian Adventurers chant a vow.

(The Papaldia Empire shall witness the retribution of our kind!! Blood for blood and thou shall learn the harsh lesson!! *Slash*!!!)

The words from the adventurers incite Remille’s arrogancy even further.

“You fucking barbarians, acting like our equals, you are the ones who do not understand your place!!! No, you refuse it! You blindly close your eyes… you fucking trash!!!”

Even as the silence goes, the execution of Celestinian citizens continued.

“…I do not understand why the emperor wants to give brainless imbeciles like you the mercy of education… Well, whatever. How long will you stand there with your mouth hanging open like a retarded fish? There were about 250 Celestinians in the town of Sulbar. How many in the capital of Gowok will we find suspected of being spies? I hope you are finally beginning to realize that you are absolutely powerless to save them. In addition, I hope your home country quickly learns how close it is to utter annihilation.

You should decide quickly whether or not you will acquiesce to our demands. Ideally, before Gowok falls. You hold the fates of all your people in your hands, as well as the fate of your entire country.”

The last person was executed, and now there were no longer any moving Celestinian citizens in the video.

“I am not the plenipotentiary for Celestina, but let me just say this,” Jacob growled as he shook in fury. “With the actions that you have taken today, you have just angered the entire three billion citizens of the Celestina Empire. To slaughter innocent adventurers and tourists, people who just wanted to live in peace, perhaps you can’t understand, but to us, you are the barbarians, and we Celestinian would like nothing more than for a country of savages like yours allowing us to teach you a lesson. What happened today, the Imperial Country of Celestina will not turn a blind eye. We will seek justice from the people who perpetrated this act of cruelty by teaching you a lesson. I can only imagine the face you’ll make when you learn of our true strength. We only wanted peace and help your Empire grow, but your action makes us decide to give you a proper punishment as to dare to mess with a country that was leagues way above you.”

The meeting ended.

Upon returning to the hotel, Jacob was still frustrated despite he knows that it was a body double.

“To think that they take the bait so easily…”

“This is also good information.”

“I agree.”

Alicia publicly announces that the Papaldia Empire has taken the bait while the citizens of the Celestina Empire knew that soon they will retaliate by crushing the Imperial Army. In response, the 15th Combat Regiment “White Knights” under the command of Colonel Sasha Sylwinder will be deployed to capture the Land Dragon and to eliminate the Papaldia Imperial Army. Emperor Hillem will deliver the official announcement.

The Selarong citizens are grateful that everyone at Sulbar has been evacuated completely and is alive, Celestina also immediately evacuates any villages and towns that are in the way of the Papaldia Empire, from the port town of Sulbar to the Capital town of Gowok. They were already aware that the Papaldia Empire could pillage the villagers on the way to Gowok.


Two Days Later

“What’s going on!?”

The Papaldia soldiers who were on Sulbar suddenly saw the entire citizens have disappeared. Lieutenant General Dolbo wondered what is going on as reports from the Papaldia Empire soldiers that occupy the town of Sulbar informs the officers that the entire civilians had disappeared.

There are no traces of intrusion or even a counter-attack as the civilians just simply disappear. They plan to advance once they finish resupplying and recuperating their strength, but there must be some outside works that help the Kingdom of Gowok.

“Is it possible that the Celestina Empire did this…?”

The watch he wore from the disappeared adventurers also makes him concerned. The AI that runs the watch system grants the ability to remind him or even helping him in increasing his army’s efficiency. Somehow he got a hunch that the Celestina Empire has some kind of plan where the Emperor and Remille are not aware. However, he chooses not to question it since the Emperor is watching this battle closely.


At the same time, Celestina Camp West of Gowok

Every one of the civilians who were still alive during the first three days of occupation is awakening from their slumber. Soldiers of Selarong, family relatives, and officials are celebrating this since the civilians and those who were supposed to be killed at the Battle of Sulbar are still alive.

When they were curious about how they are still alive, they saw the Celestina soldiers from the 7th Dream Sleeper Corps.

King Dimas also arrives to take a look at them, much to his delight that his civilians are all safe.

3