Chapter 27 – Battle of Stetsel Plains
89 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Celestina Empire, Royal Capital Regnieburg, Scarlet Palace, Meeting Room

King Daara, the 19th and his daughter, Princess Rosaria, receives information that the Main Council, Emperor, and the Officials of Foreign Affairs will visit the Palace for the meeting. The room was prepared to meet them, and when they arrived, they are being guided by the Palace Maids to the meeting room. Shiki and Zilva open the door, and they enter the meeting room. The Main Councils present for this case are Sacchito, Eleonora, Alicia, Sofya, and Maya. Emperor Hillem and the Officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also participate in the meeting.

“Thank you for accepting our request. Please take a seat.”

Once everyone takes a seat, the meeting began.

“I believe you have a business with my daughter and me. What would you like to discuss?” Daara asked.

“To be put it simply, have you both aware of the incident where the Papaldia Empire executed a large number of Celestinian Adventurers and tourists?”

“Yes, I did hear of it from my boy…friend…” Rosaria’s face reddens a bit while Shiki looked away slightly with his blush a bit, much to Sacchito, Sofya, and Cecilia’s amusement.

To simply put, she first feels sympathy when she heard about the Celestinian Adventurers' massacre at the town of Sulbar. But, Shiki later told her that it was a part of the plan to draw the Papaldia Empire out. Rosaria is not wearing her usual princess dress; instead, she now starts to wear her adventurer’s signature dress, the one she first bought from the shop with Shiki from their first adventure.

“Have you getting used to wearing that dress, Princess?”

“Yes. I’m used to it, thanks to the council's guidance, particularly Madam Grand Duchess Alicia.”

“Oh, you don’t need to thank me. I’m just glad that you’re now used to wear it.”

Putting back to the case, Emperor Hillem gives out the proposal.

“So, the Celestinian government has a proposal for you. After we have driven the Papaldian army out of the Kingdom of Selarong, would you both be willing to declare yourself, the King and the royal princess, as the leader of the Kingdom of Verlaine’s legitimate government? Naturally, the Celestina Empire would recognize your claim, and we will also help persuade other countries with diplomatic ties to us to recognize it as well.”

Both Daara and Rosaria’s expressions went slack in surprise.

“Th… that’s… I didn’t dare to hope, and I would be grateful if you were to help me, but… um… if you were to do so, the Papaldia Empire might see it as a territorial rebellion with the potential to shake their national foundations and begin a war of extermination against Celestina. It could subject your country to much sorrow. Would you still be willing to support the kingdom where my father and I originally came from?”

While the Kingdom of Verlaine was outside the civilized areas, they had a powerful military. However, even though they had investigated the Papaldia Empire’s capabilities, they still suffered a massive defeat. Even though Rosaria knew the power that Celestina had, the fear of a superpower was still engraved in her heart. However, both Daara and Rosaria are aware that the Interstellar Era at the Celestina Empire will defeat the Papaldia Empire without too much resistance.

“Yes, the Celestinian government is not afraid of an all-out war with the Papaldia Empire as you both may already saw our Zealots’ capabilities along with adventurers. We also do not mind if you wait to make your decision after seeing the result of our battle in the Kingdom of Selarong. To liberate the Kingdom of Verlaine, Celestina fully intends to lend our military support. We hope that Verlaine can become a model case of freeing a colony from the Papaldia Empire and that it will be the first step towards dismantling the empire completely. As a sign of goodwill, we will give you an honorary position as a Captain and Executive Officer of a Grenadier-class Corvette, Verlaine Prayer. That starship will also be yours as a gift from us, and it’s ready to deploy whenever you wish for.”

“!!!!!!”

This was something that no sane person would ever even dream of happening where her Kingdom can finally be liberated from the grasp of the Papaldia Empire. Not to mention, they already experience boarding the Frigate and Corvette starship. Even possessing one of it can consider the Verlaine Kingdom as a superpower. Was something so monumental, so historic really even possible?

“D-dear… I think this is too much for us…”

Shiki only shakes his head, and he pats her shoulder.

“Relax, Rosaria. We’re here to reclaim your homeland back, and at the same time, we also want to give the Papaldia Empire a lesson. I will be with you when you want to liberate your Kingdom so you can witness it with your own eyes.”

“Uhh… I…”

“Please… Can we consider this for a while?”

King Daara, the 19th, interjected the talk.

“F-Father?!”

“My daughter, I’m sorry. I have to think about this carefully. We also need to think of how we can trigger a rebellion at the other colonies as well. We can’t just accept this offer immediately. Can you give us time to think about it?”

Hillem nodded, “Yes, you can.”

King Daara the 19th and Rosaria had to consider this offer carefully. They will receive a gift and serve their purpose as a symbol of rebellion to the Papaldia Empire.


Celestina Empire, Drop-class Carrier, Meteor Jumper, Low Orbit Above the Kingdom of Selarong

Sasha is preparing herself to jump into the battlefield. She left the ground forces to Palmyra, her entrusted right hand. Wearing her signature boots, Wolf Shadow Acrobat Boots, although the boot was made customized to augment her kicking capabilities from the Adventurer’s shop, she modified it further by handing it over to Feena. As a result, her kicking power can be adjusted accordingly. If she’s using her full strength, her kick can destroy a Firefly-class Heavy Frigate from above, akin to MAC gun slams into the ship and pierces through.

<<Attention!! We’re above the target, and Operation: Lizard Catcher is a go!>>

“Copy that!”

Sasha boards the Meteor Pod and giving the signal for the crew to release her.

“Dropping in 3… 2… 1… drop!”

When the Meteor Pod drops, it was launched from the atmosphere's barrier, so Sasha doesn’t need to worry about re-entry effects. The pod speed increases to Mach speed as it descends. Her objective is to plummet the Papaldia Empire’s morale by crushing two land dragons single-handedly further after Shiela made the first move by feasting on twelve Wyvern Lords.

The Meteor Pod was designed faster than a standard drop pod, and it can only be used exclusively by those who are bold and strong enough to withstand a 1,000 feet release. Since the Pod was set to disperse or disintegrate into pieces when reaching 1,000 feet by default, the passenger inside must prepare for one of the hardest landfalls on Mach speed. Currently, only Sasha, Eleonora, Cecilia, and Sasha’s Elite Squad that was capable of pulling this off.

The Strongest Kick on the Empire is now heading to the battlefield to teach the Papaldia Empire a lesson.


Kingdom of Selarong, Stetsel Plains

The Stetsel Plains were located between Sulbar and the capital city, Gowok. The earth there was quite dry, unsuitable for growing crops, but it was extremely absorbent, so much so that the rainwater it absorbed sank far beneath the ground, away from the reach of human hands. Therefore, no one lived there, and no trees grew; it was just a bleak field of short grass.

The Papaldia Empire’s ground legion of about 3,000 troops got into combat formation. Once they crossed the plains, they would be in front of Gowok. This was the battlefield where they predicted the Selarong army would desperately oppose them.

Lieutenant General Dolbo looked to the south. He could see twenty gunboats floating in the sea there, ready to provide support. He made out the imposing silhouettes of the ships-of-the-line, which gave him complete confidence. A wicked smile formed on his face.

“Whew… no matter how many come at us, we’ll never lose!”

He took a deep breath, then yelled out the order.

“All right, let’s march!!!”

Dancing high up in the sky, twelve wyvern lords flew along the route to Amanoki to scout ahead. With a line of land dragons leading the way, the legion marched.

“Pass the word: Once Gowok falls, soldiers can do whatever they want with the people there!”

“RAAAAAAHHH!!!”

The soldiers’ morale soared as they imagined what they would do with their spoils.

“Another victory for the empire!” someone yelled enthusiastically.

…Hm?

He suddenly felt that something was wrong.

Out of nowhere, he heard something.

“What was that sound?!”

He looked in the direction of the noise. Up in the sky—

CRUNCH!! CHOMP!!

His eyes darted over to twelve feared wyvern lord scouts that were consumed at the sky, leaving some rain of meat and blood. The ground army saw the ancient dragon trapping and feasting on the Wyvern Lords and its rider. The Wyvern Lord was completely scared and became a meal for Kagefumi Entranger, the ancient dragon mounted by Shiela.

“!! Wha—! What happened?!”

“Uwaahh!! It’s an ancient dragon!!”

“Is that Gahara’s dragon!?”

“No! That’s impossible!! They don’t have a dragon that size!!”

“Don’t tell me that…”

Dolbo’s head immediately swiveled over to the sea.

“!!!”

Reflected in his eyes was a single ship, its size on a scale he had never seen before. At first, he thought something was wrong with his sense of perspective, but he quickly realized that wasn’t the case. He took out a telescope. He saw a flag with a winged shield with staff, flapping in the wind.

“?! Is that a Celestinian ship…?”

He abruptly noticed puffs of smoke rising from the ship.

“Is that… are they firing magic cannons?”

They reloaded so quickly!!! He then heard the associated booms.

“!!!!!!”

In horror, he watched something unbelievable happen. Their ships… their mighty ships-of-the-line exploded one after another.

“That’s… that’s impossible!!!”

So he believed, but he could also hear the sounds of their ships exploding and sinking.

“Their… Their ship’s magic cannon has a range far above our ships’! I don’t know how it’s possible, but they didn’t even miss a single time!!!”

In that extremely short interval, their backup ships-of-the-line turned into scraps of driftwood.

“The ancient dragon is retreating!!”

“What!?”

The soldiers at first feared for their deaths, but when the ancient dragon is withdrawing, they breathed a sense of relief. The Land Dragon also temporarily stopped and shivers, aware that the ancient dragon turns them into food, but later they can move again once the dragon flew away.


“Caskett, draw them to the opens. The trap was 500 meters ahead!”

“Copy that!”

Shiela, along with her mount, is returning to the Empire. Since that feast stuffed Kagefumi, he would like to fly all the way back to the Empire without needing any transports. While in normal circumstances, he can fly around 4,000 kilometers, this time, he wants to fly up to 6,000 or 7,000km with the speed of Mach 1,5 for flighting speed.

“You’re stuffed?”

“Very delicious… Papaldia soldiers are like rice, and the wyverns are like a fish.”

“You refer them to sushi, is it?”

“Heh… It’s too bad I can’t eat it without sauces.”

“You know I have to bring tons of it.”

“I know, I know.”

“Well… Let’s just head back to our home now.”


The observers from Mu, Technical Officer Myrus and Tactical Officer Lassan, watched the events from onboard a Magnetic-class Destroyer, Golden Lion. This ship had a highly-advanced design, and compared to Mu’s acclaimed La Kasami, it was much longer but also much skinnier. It also really did only have a single cannon, which was merely negligent. Because this was a mechanically-powered ship, they didn’t think Papaldia’s sailing ships could get into firing range, but with such paltry offensive options, it is possible they would take some damage from the fleet of ships-of-the-line.

Or so they thought.

Celestina’s single warship challenged Papaldia’s fleet of twenty ships and one-sidedly slaughtered them all. The single cannon had ridiculous range, and its rate of fire was utterly beyond their common sense. The most surprising thing was that, despite their ship and the enemy’s ships and the ocean all moving and continuously changing the angle of attack, its accuracy was 100%. They felt their own sense of combat logic crumbling to pieces. If a cannon could fire so accurately, they certainly did only need one of them. Myrus was mentally conducting this technical discourse as she was receiving a crash course.

Having accomplished its mission, Golden Lion withdrew from the battle and went to the next operational phase.

“Open the MAC hatch. We’ve been authorized to use it to smash the Papaldia Empire’s fleet. Also, inform Raziel that we will be in a position to attack in 1 hour. Operation: Lizard Catcher is green, I say again, Lizard Catcher is green.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Copy that! I’m making a descent now.”

Much to both Myrus and Lassan’s surprise, the hatch in front of the ship opens, and it reveals a 15cm Magnetic Accelerator Cannon. Since this is a Magnetic-class Destroyer, there is no doubt that MAC is their primary weapon for combat. The system and the crew cooled down the cannon before it can be used for battle.

“W-What is that!?”

“It’s the primary weapon of this ship, a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon.”

“S-so… What kind of weapon is it?”

“You will see it soon enough.”

The crew makes a check on the MAC while the ship sails to join up with Seraphic Ocean and Destructo.


Having just seen their wyvern lord scouts devoured and the Third Civilization’s strongest fleet sunk ship by ship right before their eyes, the Papaldian ground legion was quickly losing morale.

“!!! There is a thing coming towards us!” a lookout shouted.

Dolbo turned, looking for these objects. He saw clouds of dust far away, caused by odd-looking vehicles with long horns coming towards them. They were fast!

“What are those?!”

Dolbo had no idea. When the land dragons saw the strange objects, they began charging up their wide-ranged fire blasts. The tank slowly withdraws to match the land dragon’s speed as it continues to chase the tank. When the tank stops and the land dragon is about to use its fire blasts, the cages suddenly appeared and electrocuted the dragon.

GWOOOHH!!!

“W-What the!?”

The dragon fell unconscious, and suddenly, a green flare popped on the top of the land dragon that was knocked out by the electricity.

“W-what the hell!? What is that thing!?”

Twenty-five of the Condor HTC-92 specializing in transporting heavy objects arrive from the front and extracts twenty-five land dragons as planned. The cage latches into the Condor’s underside, and the aircraft slowly flew and taking it away from the battlefield. When the Condor flew away, a lookout spots something from the air.

“General! Up high!”

“What!?”

They saw a Meteor Pod falling from the sky, and it disperses into pieces, releasing a silhouette that is about to attack the land dragon. The land dragons, aware that they were the target, are taking cover by hiding their heads inside the shell.

“Is that person stupid!? There’s no way the attack can break the shell—”

CRRRAACCKK!!!

GROAARR!!

The kick itself destroys the shell and breaking the dragon’s spines, forcing the head out, and it gushes blood from its mouth and back. As the first dragon died, the silhouette that was later identified as a girl by the soldiers close to it leaped upwards and made the same kick to the dragon next to it from above, killing it instantly as well.

CRRAAACCKK!!

G-GROOAARR!!

Once two dragons are down, the girl withdraws and stops at the top of the tank, sitting at its top. The tank goes forward while the girl is sitting at the top and fires some green flare into the air.

The remaining land dragon recovers from the shock. It moved forward and began charging up their fire blasts again. Suddenly, four personnel leap and land between tanks with their guns ready. Under the command of the girl at the top of the tank, they fire their weapons simultaneously.

The Liberator Tank 120mm smoothbore cannons score a direct hit on the land dragons, opening large holes in their bodies and tearing up their innards. The kinetic shells pierced through the dragons and ravaged the dense crowds of infantry behind them, throwing vast clods of dirt into the air where they landed. The force of the impacts reverberated throughout the area, each affecting about thirty soldiers. Any of them who still clung to life wailed out in agony; it was a picture of hell.

The Railgun Rifle operated by Palmyra and three other personnel scored a direct hit inside the land dragon’s mouth, destroying its body from inside out and having its meat and blood splatters all over the place. The infantries are shocked to have their land dragons killed in one hit.

“Tch! Exploding magic?! No, those are magic cannons!!!”

The enemy’s iron dragon began to advance while the girl on top of the tank dismounts and moves behind the tank. The shooter also joins behind the tank.

“Use the magic cannons we towed here to take down those monsters!”

The imperial soldiers set up the portable magic cannons that were hauled along for the march by the cavalry and aimed them at the iron dragon.

“Concentrate on that tank!!!”

PAPAPAPAPAH… DODODODODONNN…

The Papaldian ground legion fired their portable magic cannons at the Liberator Tank S Variant. Numerous magic cannon shells barraging the tank as the barrage itself shaved away the earth. Miraculously, four of the shells hit the tank dead-on, and it went up in smoke.

“Four shells hit the enemy!!!”

“Fuhahahah! We got them! Now, let’s clean up the rest of those iron dragons!”

The iron dragon emerged unscathed from within the blazing fire caused by the exploding magic cannon shells and aimed towards the soldiers.

“It… It can’t be, there was no effect?!”

“No way… that’s impossible!!!”

The iron dragon stared at them for a while before the girl they saw before returning to the top of the tank again. She gave some signals, and more personnel arrives to prepare for an attack.

“The iron dragon is retreating!!!”

The Liberator tank that had just annihilated the land dragons and withstanding the magic cannon attacks started moving backward while still facing the imperial legion. Some of the soldiers thought they were afraid of the empire’s magic cannons and began cheering.

“Land dragons, all down!!!”

After that chilling report, they realized the truth: they had only been aiming at the land dragons, and, now that their targets were dead, they were withdrawing, and the tank stops right in front of the enemy soldiers.

“Something else is coming now!”

Fear paralyzed Lieutenant General Dolbo. With his current forces, he had no way to deal with those iron dragons. The empire’s secret weapon, these magic cannons that could be utilized in-ground warfare, capable of toppling a castle gate in a single attack, couldn’t even take out a single mysterious thing. Celestina’s weapons… their magic cannons, never missed, always set their aims without swaying an inch.

“What do we do…”

The AI on his wristwatch suddenly appears and makes a recommendation.

“Ara… You have been surrounded and cornered. If you can raise the white flag, they will capture and treat you humanely. In our world, the white flag means surrender. Don’t forget to put down your weapons and both your hands behind your head.”

The word the AI for surrender immediately came to mind.

“No, that is the one thing we cannot do.”

His Grace was watching this battle closely. If he were to surrender, he didn’t know how much shame that would bring to his household. Hank was determined to keep fighting.

The enemy’s iron dragon remains still about 2 km away from the legion with their horns always pointed at them.

“What exactly are they doing?”

“Is that…?”

The girl raised her hand and gave a hand signal. Suddenly, swords of a variety of size appeared in the sky, and it was not hundreds, but thousands of it! Then, he heard a noise coming from behind.

“Unidentified flying objects to our rear! Six of them!”

Dolbo turned around.

“! What are those?!”

They were far outside of the magic cannon range. Two are coming from directly behind the ground legion, another two from the right, and the last two from the left. The flying objects were floating high in the sky and hovering around the brigade like bugs. Hank listened carefully.

…batabatabata…

It was the sound of something hitting the air over and over again. He stared at them.

“!!!!!!”

They were firing something!!!

CLANK! CLANK!

The flying things let off white smoke as balls popping out from the operator, endlessly flying at high speeds at the army. Without even time to scream, the rear of the legion took massive damage from the attacks.

VWOOOOO…!!!

The enemy flying dragons roared oppressively while continuing to fire bursts of light. The balls exploded, steadily whittling away the ground legion. The soldiers in the rear, consumed by fear, pushed their way into the middle of the corps. However, since the front lines stopped at the tracks, this just served to increase the formation's density.

“Dammit! Can we not defeat those flying dragons either?!” Dolbo spit out angrily.

The army was terrified, their main force of land dragons had been captured and annihilated by an earlier attack, and he could think of no method to deal with the iron dragons in the sky or the iron land dragons.

“Sir Dolbo, Sir Dolbo!!!” Tactical Officer Mush hysterically yelled.

“What do you want!!!”

“We need to surrender immediately! They got us!!!”

“What?!”

“We’re cornered! The soldiers have bunched up unconsciously. They’re all gathering into the center of the formation! The enemy is planning to wipe us all out in one fell swoop!!! We’ve lost our land dragons, our wyvern lords, and our supporting gunboats as well! We have no more path to victory! Surrender, before we’re all killed!!!”

“But… we’re the ones who killed all those Celestinian people. Even if we surrender, they will execute us anyway!”

“H-However, we’re already going to be massacred at this rate! Rather than forcing everyone to die, even if only a few survive, surrendering allows for that possibility!!!”

The AI on his wristwatch appears again as she recommends the surrender.

“Ara… Have you been cornered already? Raise the white flag, put down your weapons, and both of your hands on the back of your head. Other surrender methods will end up in all of your units slaughtered.”

His spine got a chill by the word of this AI. He wants to use his Third Civilization’s signal for surrender by waving their unit flag to the left in big, sweeping circles. But that is going to make them killed by the Celestinian army.

“…I understand. Raise the flag of surrender, and we use their method of surrender, not our common surrender!!! Find me the white cloth and those who have white cloth, wave it!!”

The Papaldia Empire’s imperial army ground legion began waving a white flag, putting their weapons down, and slowly putting both of their hands on the back of the head. More Celestinian soldiers appeared from the horizon as they walk towards them with their guns and blades aiming at the Papaldia Ground Legion.

“Leave your weapons and walk to us! Any of you try to resist; we will take you down without any mercy!”

They marched for one and a half kilometers and stopped in front of the Celestinian soldiers. Immediately after that, the Celestinian soldiers began to arrest them one by one. The iron dragon comes closer and stops, opening the hatch. What Dolbo saw next was an unbelievable view where two girls are coming out from the tank. The first girl from the driver seat is wearing a black engineer uniform while the girl at the top of the tank, aside from the girl that went back to the tank earlier, wears a doctor uniform KC series.

W-what!? We’ve lost to a bunch of girls?!” That impression comes in Dolbo’s mind when the saw the girls are the ones who command the tank and the front line.

They bumped fists to each other and giggling.

Lizard Catcher is a huge success! Your kicking power sure brings them to despair!”

“I take that compliment, Izumi. So, should we move these prisoners to the capital?”

“Take a thousand of them. The 7th Dream Sleeper Corps will be here shortly. How’s the status of the Prison ship, Yuuna?”

“Already on the way.”

“Good.”

“All right. I will back into the driver’s seat. Sasha, please lead the Selarong Knights to take the Sulbar town back. I will be coming with you.”

“All right. I will take a hundred men while Palmyra can take care of the rest.”

Not long after the Papaldia Ground Legion surrendered, the 7th Dream Sleeper Corps arrived, and they began sorting every personnel. They separate Dolbo and the officers from the rest of his troops. There are a thousand soldiers, including Dolbo and the Officers, separated from the rest of the surrendered soldiers. With five hundred soldiers' death, the 7th Dream Sleeper Corps took a thousand and marched ahead while the remaining prisoners are with the 15th Combat Regiment.

“W-Where are we going?”

“You will know soon enough.”

Once they could see the Capital of Gowok, they were suddenly put to sleep by the Corps. Once they fell asleep, the Corps summons the body double, and they call the 250 Adventurers that once were massacred by the Papaldia Empire days ago to prepare the execution.

“Each of you will execute four of these soldiers. We will put it live at First Foreign Affairs today.”

The Celestina Empire plans to have them executed in front of the First Foreign Affairs Department to retaliate for Remille’s action that performs an execution on 250 Adventurers and Tourists for no reason.

They are now being taken to near Celestina’s base where the Citizens of Selarong will witness the Papaldia Empire’s soldiers' execution. This execution will be public and will be far more humiliating than what the Papaldia Empire does.


The Celestina Empire, 2nd Division “Ocean Crystal,” the Papaldia Empire’s Main Fleet

“Place it under the keel of the ship; they won’t notice it.”

Ishiene and her mermaids silently set up an underwater bomb to sink the Papaldia Empire’s ship with one explosion. They set it at the rear of the warship, which grants them opportunities to score more Prisoner of War.

The bomb has the beacon installed when the Undines set it, so the 1st Expeditionary Fleet will not fire on it when they arrive at the battlefield. They rig around fifty warships with the bombs, but that doesn’t matter since, with the current situation, three warships will be sufficient to defeat all of the Papaldia Empire’s main fleet.

She also heard that Raziel would be in its position on the schedule and will deliver the first strike.

“Ma’am, our ships are approaching from North-East and South-East.”

“Roger. Prepare the units for extraction when the battle is over.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

Ishiene and her units quickly withdraw to safe distances while requesting more reinforcements for immediate rescue after the battle ends.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Army

Onboard the super-F class ship-of-the-line Pull, General Cius was distraught. The imperial army, sent to conquer the Kingdom of Selarong, should have been able to achieve that with just the forces they initially dispatched. Sulbar fell quickly and easily. But, as soon as Remille ordered the Celestinian adventurers and tourists’ execution from the 1st foreign affairs department and the imperial house, something began to change.

The four gunboats sent to check on the dragon carrier fleet reported devastation. The damage was not just devastating but pure, unfiltered destruction. A wyvern rider that had been flying high up in the sky also reports that six of twelve of their lauded wyvern lords with unmatched speed were shot down by even faster iron dragons and couldn’t even put up a semblance of a fight. In contrast, an ancient dragon devoured the other six. The last and most concerning problem was that the ground legion should have long left the magical dead zone, but neither they nor the gunboats sent to support them had gotten in contact with the main army yet.

“Is it possible… they were annihilated as well?!”

‘No, that couldn’t possibly happen!’ he wanted to deny with all his might. Still, their dragon carriers had all been destroyed, and their wyvern lords were killed and devoured by an iron dragon with a speed that completely surpassed their common sense and the ancient dragon that can feast upon its wyvern and the riders. This was no time to be blinded by pride.

“Three unidentified ships detected coming from the North East and South West!!!” reported a lookout.

“So, they’ve come!!!”

General Cius ordered all ships to get ready for battle.

(Well, based on numbers, we clearly have the upper-hand!!!)

Later, the naval battle that was about to begin, together with the battle within the Kingdom of Selarong, would be regarded as a major historical event that will be put into record in the book of the history at the Kingdom of Selarong, the Papaldia Empire, and the Celestina Empire.

2