Chapter 31 – The Council Meeting 2nd Year
81 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Celestina Empire, Imperial Public Council Senate Hall, Public Council Meeting Hall

Diplomats from multiple worlds, dimensions, and planets gather to attend the Council Meeting. For them, it’s an important event to know about the situation at the Celestina Empire. With the current world transference between the Celestina Empire’s old homeworld and the new homeworld, many diplomats are interested in this New World. Their eyes are sets on dozens of the countries outside Third Civilization.

“This is bigger than every one of us have seen…”

Myrus, Lassan, and the diplomats cannot comment further to see how huge this conference is. Because of the Celestina Empire’s status as a Superpower at Three Systems on the Galaxy, the country of Mu found a new definition of what it meant to be a Superpower.

The security around Regnieburg increases to the point where the diplomats can see multiple Starships patrol around the capital's sky.

“It seems what they are stating is true…”

“It feels like we’re not a Superpower here.”

When they are still astonished by the view of the Council Meeting’s venue, a group of a diplomat from Japan on Earth came to them.

“おはようございます。この会議に参加するのは今年が初めてですか?”(Good Morning. Is this the first year you attend this conference?”

“Uh… We…”

The diplomats are unsure of how to answer a Japanese diplomat’s question. A girl was later approaching them as the Japanese diplomat is waiting for the answer from Mu’s diplomat.

“おはようございます。お久しぶりです、近藤殿。評議員会の新メンバーですので、言葉が通じなくて申し訳ありません。” (Good Morning. It’s been a while, Kondo-dono. They are the new members of the Council Meeting, so I apologize for the language barrier.)

“あ、シナ様。はじめまして、お久しぶりです。” (Ah, Shina-sama. It’s nice to meet you, and it’s been a while.) He then bows to the Mu council using Universal Language. “I apologize for speaking Japanese immediately. I’m Kondo from the Japan Foreign Ministry of Affairs.”

“I’m Eugene from Mu Foreign Ministry of Affairs. It’s nice to meet you.”

Both of them shake hands for greetings while Shina looks at them.

“There are lots of people using different languages as on this Council Meeting. The default language is a universal language.”

“Thank you. I will make sure to note that.”

“Now, if you excuse me.”

Shina bows and she leaves them. Kondo starts the conversation once Shina goes.

“That girl is one of the Main Advisor, Shina Delauge. She’s known as “The Fortune Teller” because of her accurate fortune-telling. Attending this event is already a great honor for any country. However, it is where they will be condemned for the defeated nation and will be shamed by those who attend it.”

“You mean like being condemned or…?”

“Like being humiliated by the attendees. Most defeated countries here learn of their place after the Celestina Empire defeats them. They will try to avoid the conflict against the Celestina Empire in any way they could in the future.”

“I see…”

Eugene did not ask the question further about it.

“How about making a diplomatic relationship with us? I’m interested in visiting your country while you can also visit us. I have to consult with Celestina’s diplomatic delegation unit to prepare the contents to visit you.”

“Yes! Certainly!”

Since the Celestina Empire is the only country with knowledge of the New World they are currently in, the diplomats from other countries must consult at the Celestina Ministry of Foreign Affairs to prepare the necessary contents for establishing a diplomatic relationship.

“I will be looking forward to the meeting.”


When they enter the meeting room, it feels like they are out of place. As everyone is present, taking the seat, and on the schedule itself, the Emperor, Main Council, and the Main Advisor enter the meeting room. At that meeting, the Main Council have some serious expression as there is something important to deliver. Emperor Hillem stood up to deliver the announcement.

“Ladies and gentlemen. The first announcement is the news in the New World. The Papaldia Empire has officially declared war against us, and we responded by declaring war against them.”

The attendees look at an empty slot that will be reserved by the Main Council for the Papaldia Empire on the lower floor. Being placed at the bottom while the diplomats above are looking down on the Empire will be a sight worth seeing, practically to humiliate the country they claim as a Superpower.

“The second news is we will welcome the first Superpower of the New World, Mu.”

The view goes to the Mu representative such as Myrus, Lassan, and other diplomats. They can hear a clap that looks like welcoming them as a new member of the Council Meeting. It feels like compared to the Eleven Country Leadership Conference that they attend as a part of a regular member, this Conference is somehow a league higher than the New World conference itself.

“Also, does Qua-Toyne Principality wants to have something to say after a year attending this?”

Hanki and Yago, the representative from Qua-Toyne Principality, gave a report.

“We thank you for the honor of this invitation. When we open our market with the Celestina Empire, our export rate increases up to eight times than the Celestina Empire initially requested. Currently, we were able to earn a surplus of up to 350 Billion Ceny. This profit is gained not only by trading since we could also make more profits because of the Adventurers Guild's presence. Overall, the Net Profit we received was up to 400 Billion Ceny.

We recently established a diplomatic relationship with at least 28 countries outside the New World, and they favorite our food and agriculture product due to higher quality. Recently, we receive several contracts for long-term shipment with a total amount of 250 Billion Ceny.

For the last report, our military grew stronger thanks to the War Games and the Adventurer’s quest from the Celestina Empire’s guild. Because of their presence, the military now can train themselves with more battle experience through quest and War Games.”

They make a thunderous clap hearing that achievement. Some of the countries want to make a trade contract with the Qua-Toyne Principality as soon as possible.

“I heard their food quality is great!”

“I can’t wait to try it out!”

“The chefs are speechless to taste Qua-Toyne’s rice and wheat! They even want to visit the Celestina Empire to see the sources by their own eyes!”

Hearing that conversation makes triggers Mu to show off their technology to them. Celestina does warn them that with the current technology, they can sell it possibly exclusive to the collectors and any country that wishes to restore the old technology for the first time.

“For the last thing is, we welcome the Crown Prince Tohriu Shiki as the fiancée of the new Queen of Verlaine Kingdom, Rosaria. Now, we shall let her address how oppressive the Papaldia Empire is.”

Rosaria stood up as she was wearing an upgraded adventurer’s robe. Ever since she bought the suit with Shiki, she regularly trains her magic while doing her job as a Princess and, recently, a Queen of the Kingdom of Verlaine. As a result, the guild can classify her magic power as an A+ rank, while two other main ranks are leadership with a B+ rate and office work at A- rate.

“Good Morning, everyone. Today, I’m going to address how oppressive the Papaldia Empire is, and I’m here also representing anyone that has once receive the same fate as my Kingdom. Before our Kingdom’s fall, they demanded me as a slave and my Kingdom’s precious magic mine, Silitsa mine. My father was enraged by this request, and Zion, the Diplomat in Charge of the Verlaine Kingdom, states that he cannot change the request as he intends to rape me. My father refuses this, and they decide to invade us.

The conflict in the Kingdom of Selarong is also the same! The Papaldia Empire demands the Kingdom of Selarong to gift 400 Hectares of their land to the Papaldia Empire and even offering the land-lease for 498 years, but they refuse. As a result, their Kingdom is also invaded by the Papaldia Empire. Thankfully, the Celestina Empire makes it in time for the interception, and they rescue not only the Kingdom of Selarong but also annihilate the entire invasion fleet!

Now, I’ve been selected by the Main Council to trigger a rebellion on the entire Papaldia Empire’s colonies.”

Hearing how oppressive the Papaldia Empire brings back the memory of those who once do the same thing as they did to the Celestina Empire. But, they want to get a new update for the New World situation as quickly as possible as the only best news they can get is through daily news and the Council Meeting.

“Thank you for your time, Queen Rosaria.”

For the next report, it is regarding the situation in the New World.

“We will give you some video feed about what happened when we got transferred into the New World.”


The video features Feena and Yuuna, who was about to visit one of the Orbital Defense Platform that was connected by the Orbital Elevator for regular maintenance. The date back there was 12th December 224, and was about to enter 13th December 224. That time was already bedtime where most of the Main Council members, except Alicia and Feena, are already went to sleep to rest for the next day.

“Is the beacon for maintenance ready?”

“As always.”

When the elevator reaches halfway to the atmosphere barrier, they suddenly saw the light goes bright for a couple of seconds, while suddenly, the elevator stops moving as they can hear a snap. Feena and Yuuna were surprised as they immediately held onto something as the Orbital Elevator made a violent tremor and started to descend but stopped by the emergency brakes.

“Uwaah!!”

“W-What’s going on?!”

“Damage report!”

<<Emergency stop! Code Black! Emergency stop! The Tether has been destroyed!>>

“W-what!?”

Immediately code black sirens at the entire streets of the Celestina Empire. This siren means the Empire was in a situation that even the Main Council couldn’t handle. The entire Main Council and its adjutants woke up hearing that siren and immediately assessed the situation. The citizens are immediately taking a look at the reason for the Code Black.

<<Unknown Region! Unknown anomaly detected! An unknown anomaly has destroyed all orbital elevators!>>

Looking at the Code Black's reason from the announcement, the military immediately goes into preparations to launch their Starships docked inside the planet into orbit for assessment. The civilians suddenly woke up due to the siren emitted by the Code Black, and they immediately turn on the holographic television and their devices for new updates. Some prepare to take shelter while some are awaiting the instructions from Emperor Hillem and the Main Council’s address. The Adventurer’s staff immediately goes to the dungeons to prepare the defense perimeter and sealing it temporarily.

“What’s going on?!”

Alicia immediately went to her laboratory and opened the scan records to see what went wrong. She tries to get all the records but is unable to obtain everything from the satellite.

“No. This can’t be…”

She tries to open all sensor records from the space, and she could not get anything.

“Launch all starships immediately! I want all hands to know what the situation is out there! Deploy the beacon for both standard slipspace and dimensional slipspace! Once we can get our coordinates back, we will travel back and forth to make an assessment.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

Sachi rushes into her laboratory at the Nomad Palace.

“Alicia! What the hell is going on here? Why we’re on the Code Black?”

“I don’t know, Sachi! We’ve lost contact with everything outside the orbit!”

“What?!”

“All orbital elevator has been destroyed!”

Feena immediately contacts in as soon as she was able to override the Orbital Elevator controls and evacuate everyone to the ground.

“W-what did you say?!”

“All of the orbital elevators have been destroyed!”

“Sachi… You may not want to believe this…”

Displaying their current area given by the Prowler, it looks like they are at the New World that they never visited before. This incident makes the entire Main Council confused as they did not know what happened to their homeland.

“What the hell is going on? Is the planet somehow got bigger?”

“No, Sachi. I think somehow our entire mainland is transported into a new world.”

“Does Radiant and Nomadis drop their beacons yet? Also, we need to drop our beacons as well.”

“I need time to track it down, so we can make a dimensional jump as soon as possible.”

“Please do, Alicia.”

“Great Emperor. I need the authorization to lower the alert level to Red Condition.”

“Authorization granted, Hillem. Inform all the fishermen to not sail to the sea until the condition is yellow.”

“Yes, sir. I will also prepare the press right away. Civilians start to show some unrest.”

“Please do.”

Suddenly, there was contact from the Embellia Kingdom. They can see the mermaids are currently assessing the damage because of the sudden transference while transporting the wounded into the infirmary for treatment. Emelone is holding an ice pack to her head, probably got hit by something.

“Your Majesty Emelone?”

“Uuuhh… I feel like our Kingdom got hit hard. Does anyone know what is going on up there?”

“Is there any damage? We lost all of the Orbital Elevator.”

“We’re still compiling the report. Also, I’ve got a report that all of our citizens and personnel outside the Celestina Empire are also being transported back here. They are at the infirmary for treatment since all of them suffer heavy nausea. Please verify on the ground as well. There could be some of your people outside the Empire also got teleported back without noticing.”

Before Sacchito can continue, Sofya opens the comms as she delivers a report from her territory and the hospitals around the Empire.

“Sachi, we’ve got a problem. We got reports of at least hundreds of thousands of people suffering heavy nausea. It happens in every territory. All the fishing vessels sailing at least three hundred miles out from the Mainland are teleported back into the river, and they got stranded. Heavy units such as mobile cranes are deployed to evacuate it back to the seaport. All doctors and nurses are currently tending to high-priority patients, such as those who need immediate surgery. There could be more since at least a million of our citizens live outside the Empire.”

“Just what is going on out there…?”

Sacchito, Emelone, and all of the Empire’s brass are confused about dealing with the situation. They continue to compile all reports to make sure that there are no more incidents.


An hour later, the newly elected Emperor of Celestina Hillem starts to announce after gathering several reports from the Celestina Empire's entire territory.

“Citizens of the Celestina Empire! We have confirmed that our mainland has been transported into a New World by an unknown entity! The Main Councils are currently assessing the damage done by the destruction of the orbital elevator, and we’re presently consolidating every military power to regroup here before we can redeploy them back to the posts!

Here are the orders!

  • First! All activities regarding fishing will not be allowed to set sail until the condition is yellow!
  • Second! All interplanetary departures and arrivals into and from the Celestina Empire will be temporarily postponed until further notice, and all passengers will receive a full refund!
  • Third! All activities are now limited to the mainland of the Celestina Empire only until the condition is yellow.
  • Fourth! Until we can re-establish contact with the home planet, we will construct a space station outside our main world for security and safety!
  • Fifth! We will reduce our alert level to Code Red until we were able to make a final assessment!
  • Sixth! All of the Foreigners, either diplomats or the citizens, will receive a care package until we were able to reestablish contact with the homeworld.”

This announcement brings relief to the people, but it brings anxiety and uncertainty to those who are not from the Celestina Empire. They fear that they may not be able to return to their homeland, but they knew that all of Celestina’s Starships are capable of Interdimensional Travel. Now they just have to trust the Main Councils and the Empire’s movements to handle this threat.


Celestina Homeworld, Orbit of the Planet St. Celestina

“Can’t we punch through it?!”

“We can’t, Captain! We try all ordinances and every method, but it didn’t work!”

Radiant, Nomadis, and other Starships above the St. Celestina Planet orbit are confused. The crew and the captains didn’t know what is going on. Losing the entire mainland, lost contact with all of the Main Council members, not to mention their concentrated fire did not make a dent in the atmosphere barrier.

“Captain! We’ve detected an interdimensional beacon! It’s our beacon!”

“Where is it?”

“Unknown dimension and system. Can we bring the SATCOM there?”

“Bring it! I’m sure the Main Councils wants it.”

This work will be a headache, particularly only a Cromwell-class Support Vessel that can tow an Orbital Defense Platform, Orbital Refit and Repair Station, and large Satellites. Radiant-class Supercarriers such as Radiant and Nomadis can only tow several large Satellites at once. They intend to send everything to the mainland's current location and leave a minimum number of Satellites to keep an eye on the planet, St. Celestina.

“Leave the coordinates here through a beacon so we can go back here and forth.”

“Yes, sir.”

The Cromwell Starships are bringing the Refit and Repair station first. The station was important for the Celestina Empire to make an immediate repair and face oddities of direct engagement once they arrive at the destination. Despite the fact that the Refit and Repair station in outer space has thrusters to move around, it does not possess slipspace devices. It requires a tow to be able to enter slipspace.


The Celestina Empire, New World

One of the COMMS officers found the coordinates of the Celestina’s starships' interdimensional location on their homeworld.

“Ma’am. We got a contact from Radiant and Nomadis!

“Alicia, have you got a fix on their location?”

“I got the location, Feena. They leave several beacons, and I can pinpoint it. We need to get our Cruiser Starships there to retrieve them while recording our last known coordinates for dimension and the location.”

“Prioritize on moving all SATCOM and Refit and Repair Station. Leave the minimum amount of SATCOM at our homeworld to keep an eye on it!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Soon, the movements between the two worlds continue for three days. At that time, the status of the Empire turned down to yellow once Nomadis and Radiant made contact with the New World and were able to transport the necessary numbers of Refit and Repair stations along with SATCOM. The Orbital Defense Platform was later installed with Slipspace drive to transport here on its own without being towed by Cromwell-class Vessel.

On 18th December, it was later marked as the first contact between the Celestina Empire and the Qua-Toyne Principality.


After watching the video feed, now the entire diplomats from Celestina’s homeworld are convinced.

“The estimated damage we received due to that sudden transfer was at least three hundred trillion Ceny. That damage includes the destruction of forty-five Orbital Elevators, damage due to the debris from the tether, hospital, and repairs for every ship that sails outside three hundred kilometers of the Celestina Empire. This loss does not include indirect damages such as possible of the lost income during the first week of the transference.”

People start talking with each other again, and it seems the Celestina Empire is facing yet another challenge. Shina then starts to give the address.

“I want all countries to prepare for war. We don’t know how long it will take, but once we have more intel on the Etanaru Empire, please remember that we will not take this threat lightly. We haven’t located their homeworld. Considering their doctrine is to enslave all of us and forcing us to bow down to them, they will do any cruel method to make us submit. I want all of you to remember that. For Japanese diplomats, we will have a talk in private after this.

Right now, the Main Councils and the Battle Group Scharlwarltz are preparing for the war in the future. Again, do not underestimate the Etanaru Empire.”

Based on what Shina said, it looks like the Empire will receive another invitation to the war, and they already make preparations to face the upcoming battle, so they will be ready when the time comes. The Council Meeting ends, and the Main Council sets up the bilateral talk with Japan.


Private Discussion Room

In a private room, the Main Council, including Shina, is discussing with the Japanese Ambassador. Shina starts the discussion.

“Ambassador Kondo, I believe you’ve received the details of the situation we are facing now.”

“But, I do not understand this, Shina-sama. How is this world related to us in any ways?”

“That, we don’t know about it.”

“If this New World is related to Japan, is there a possibility that our country will be teleport here in the future?”

“Most likely, yes. Considering we’ve been teleported here by an unknown entity, the same thing could happen for Japan as well.”

“But, we don’t have enough manpower, unlike your Empire does.”

“We already give you three Battleships, remember? Put it to use, and don’t ever think to use Article 9 once you’re in this world.”

Sipping her tea, Shina continues.

“Besides, the decision of the fate of the UN now lies in our hands. Even they do pass the resolution; we have the right to veto it. You remember the penalty they have to receive after the Fourth Interstellar War?”

“Yes, I do remember it.”

Japan remembers the Celestina Empire’s actions on Earth. The “Celestina’s Grand Slam” or Battle of Corvo is the most humiliating defeat on all participated countries in the United Nations Navy on Earth following the destruction of half of global military installations months before the battle. Thousands of missiles swarming to the Celestina’s Fleet are shot down and turned around before it can even reach the sight of the Celestina’s Fleet using Stanchion Barrett, Laser Defense, and ALRS. A heavily damaged NAS CVN Enterprise docked at San Francisco becomes a symbol of defeat and the end of the Carrier era after sustaining three Anti-Ship Missiles fired from friendly destroyers. The attack rendered the carrier combat ineffective because the flight deck needs to repair inside the drydock and the sole survivor of the Battle of Corvo.

For Earth, it repeats their nightmare, but worse, as half of the global Navy Carrier Strike Force were annihilated by a single Battleship, CIS Scharlwarltz, bringing the age of the Carrier to an end. Their biggest mistake is scrapping the Battleships after the end of the Third Interstellar War, which they remain in their mindset that the Battleship remains obsolete. At that time, Earth already has Railguns and Coilguns but only use them on the Battleship during Third Interstellar War which serves as their best chance to combat Scrin Navy. Their constant reliance on Beyond Visual Range and Fire and Forget concept comes with a heavy price. A heavily damaged CVN NAS Enterprise, the sole survivor of the Battle of Corvo, was sent home as a defeat trophy and the sign of the end of the Carrier era as a primary naval power.

Additionally, the Celestina Empire is the one who saves Earth from destruction during the invasion of the Scrin army in the Third Interstellar War. The UN failed to grasp Celestina’s real strength and tactics, which led to their inevitable defeat in the Fourth Interstellar War. Celestina imposes heavy penalties, such as taking over the entire UN as the Chief of the whole organization at the UN. The sentence means Celestina has complete authority to set a new policy and change any member as they see fit, including members of the permanent member of the Security Council. Celestina also occupies most of the global organization to make sure every payment went as scheduled.

The Fourth Interstellar War began when the United Nations refused to pay the fee and capture some of the Celestina Adventurers that went into a cleaning-up operation post-Third Interstellar War. They demand ALRS, which the Earth Superpowers cannot reverse-engineer efficiently after Scrin hands over the ALRS on the Zaid Treaty. However, Celestina succeeds in reverse-engineering, equipping, and upgrading the ALRS. This triggers some of the people with strong political and financial influence globally, hoping that taking Celestina Adventurers hostage will bring the Main Council to the negotiation table.

However, Celestina filed an official resolution to the UN, which was vetoed by two of the five permanent members. In reply to the veto, Celestina threatens the UN to return the citizens or suffer the same fate as Scrin at Third Interstellar War, knowing that the role of the carrier as a primary naval power is obsolete in front of ALRS. The moment the UN threatens to embargo Celestina and default any debt related to the fee demanded during Third Interstellar War, Celestina takes immediate action. For that cause, Celestina declares war by destroying the International Court of Justice in Den Haag and the Washington Memorial in Washington.  The war on Earth and Mars ends in just eight months, with Celestina’s decisive victory as Earth lost over sixty percent of its military strength. Celestina only lost three Firefly-class Light Frigate at the Fourth Interstellar War.

Japan was one of the few countries that were allowed by Celestina to establish a diplomatic relationship after the Fourth Interstellar War, as they were the first country to surrender unconditionally and withdrawing from the war to avoid heavy impose by Celestina. As a sign of goodwill, Celestina gifts Japan three Yamato-class Battleships with advanced technology once the war is over. It becomes a symbol of the friendship between the Celestina Empire and Japan and an Earth symbol of the new era of Battleship, with a warning that Celestina will always be watching.

Shina resumes the talk, “Please pass the message to the Emperor of Japan and the Prime Minister. They have to be notified that sooner or later as your country might be suddenly transferred into this world without notice.”

“Yes, Ma’am. I will relay the message.”

The meeting ends with Japan relaying the messages to the Prime Minister and the Emperor.


After the Council Meeting, Seraphic Hotel

First Lieutenant Myrus and Tactical Officer Lassan of Mu were chatting with each other. Onboard the Magnetic-class destroyer as observers, they experienced the greatest shock of their lives during the mission to measure Celestina’s strength. First of all, the cannon’s firing rate and accuracy. Despite the ship’s swaying, the waves in the ocean, and the enemy ships’ movements, as far as they could tell with their own eyes, Celestina’s hit rate was 100%. The MAC gun makes them speechless as dozens of the Papaldia Empire’s warships are penetrated by just one shot from the MAC.

According to one of the books they bought in Celestina that they had been translating, the guns used a stabilizing technology known as “FCS” to instantly process the target’s relative speed, the shell’s speed and trajectory, and the enemy’s future position when the gun was fired. Unbelievably, this system could also be used to hit airborne targets.

Furthermore, the book mentioned several other ridiculous weapons that they wouldn’t be able to observe during this mission. A ship that could dive into the water was called a “submarine,” a weapon that had an effective range of over 100 km called a “guided missile,” and a weapon that swam underneath the ocean called a “torpedo.” They also make a direct visit to Scharlwarltz-class Superheavy Battleship and Mechania Heavy Machinery production facility. All of these different weapons had been entirely unimaginable for them. And even if Mu were to devote all of its technological resources, they couldn’t possibly build any of them. And the overwhelming power that Mu saw this time wasn’t even a fraction of the might that Celestina had at its disposal. They now knew that Mu did not have any technical superiority whatsoever. Another is the battle strength of the Valkyrie, with all of them are Officers in the rank. Their power was worth being around at least S rank if it was rated by the adventurers' rating with at least a squad of them can decimate the Papaldia Empire.

Thankfully, Feena offers them a scholarship academy. The Chief of Valkyrie from the Battle Group Scharlwarltz, Vice Admiral Randgris Flauvel, wants them to send the Navy crew to adjust their way of fighting at a new Battleship, Mu, for maximum efficiency.

While the two officers were wary of Celestina’s hidden power, they were also relieved that Mu was on friendly terms with Celestina. After seeing all this strength and technology, through imports and exports, Mu might be able to develop countermeasures for the Gra Valkas Empire.

“Myrus, how do you see the Celestina Empire?”

“What do you mean ‘how’? In terms of technology, they’re way too far ahead of us. There are just too many things I just don’t understand here. Especially this LSI integrated circuits thing and this high-performance computing device they called a ‘computer’ and complicated stuff such as an AI, I can’t even begin to understand the theory behind them.”

“I see. What surprises me the most is how different our very concepts of war and combat are. To put it simply, our navy could easily rout Papaldia’s navy, but, against Celestina, we would end up the same as Papaldia’s navy ended up in that last battle. We simply have no way to outspend Celestina on weaponry.”

“Haah…”

They both sighed. The atmosphere felt heavy a bit since the Celestina Empire already offers them a lot of privileges.

“Still, Lassan, we did get a good harvest.”

“What do you mean?”

“We understand the concept behind their weapons, so we have a rough map to follow. For weapons we never thought of like guided missiles, even if they’re laughably slow compared to Celestina’s, I think we do have the capability of making simple ones. If we continue our current relations with Celestina, I can see our country surpassing the Holy Milishial Empire in the long term. Not to mention that I plan to study here so I can understand their technology further, or making our technology more advanced than before!”

“Interesting. By the way, what are your thoughts on the Gra Valkas Empire?”

“I don’t know. We don’t have enough information on them, except that we’re both nations of science. Right now, I think they’re about fifty years ahead of Mu, technologically speaking. They’re probably continuing to advance, too… we don’t know anything about their national power, so I have no idea how we measure up to them. Our best bet is to make Mu into our best warship.”

“Is that so…”

They look at the request from the countries that want to order items from Mu.

“I think we got too much request…”

“But, they didn’t tell us when to done it, right?”

“Yeah…”

Equipment, car, spare parts, even a part of their technology that they usually make is now tradable with the others. It’s as they want to collect it or to revive some old weapons.

“Still, this can give us more income by trading with the Celestina Empire.”


A week later, 8th February 1524 / 225, Marvo Airport, Zaid

“Seems the plane doesn’t change since we left it…”

Myrus looks at La Chaos, and it seems the aircraft was not changed a single bit. The pilot, however, was enthusiastic about piloting it. They load up their luggage, including purchase requests and souvenirs for Mu. She was curious as the pilot looks enthusiastic.

“Is something matter?”

“Oh, you will see it.”

When they are on board, they feel like the seat was improved to be better and comfortable enough to rest on the aircraft. Myrus and the diplomats are curious to see other changes aside from this.

“Let’s go home, pilot.”

“Yes, Ma’am!”

When La Chaos flies back home, Feena is watching them from the Hangar along with her mechanics.

“How’s the upgrade?”

“Smooth as silk, Grand Duchess. I bet they will be surprised when they are on the flight.”

“Hmh..”


Ten Hours Later, the Verlaine Airport

“We will be reaching Verlaine Airport shortly to refuel.”

“W-w-what?! How!?”

Myrus, Lassan, and other diplomats looked at Verlaine's island from the La Chaos’s window and were about to land on the Verlaine Airport to refuel. Usually, this takes fifteen hours, but somehow, they can reach the Kingdom of Verlaine in ten hours.

Now they realize that the Celestina Empire did make an upgrade to their engine. In just less than three hours, the plane has finish refueling and went on the flight again.

“Pilot! How much fuel it consumes from Zaid to Verlaine?”

“Around less than half, sir.”

“WHAT?!”

This upgrade means La Chaos will only need to make two stops aside from three stops from Otaheit to Zaid. Myrus’s lust for machinery rose as he can’t wait to dismantle and create a blueprint out of it.

“I’ve already informed the command that we will arrive in two days.”

“All right.”

Sure enough, in just two days, they manage to reach Otaheit. Their arrival already makes Mu’s brass dumbfounded to see that La Chaos arrive faster than they can expect. Once the aircraft landed, Myrus and the engineers immediately prepare the blueprints. They want to take a picture of which part of the Celestina Empire makes an upgrade to their engine to compare both blueprints and learn it.

4