Chapter 37 – Preparation of Operation: Terror Snatcher
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for being away for so long. I've recently finished the Dissertation while also got an Internship on my campus.

The Papaldia Empire, Embassy of Mu, Nigel’s Office, 14th June 1524 / 225

Inside the office, Nigel’s forehead was sweating. The Celestina Empire warns Mu that the Papaldia Empire capital, Esthirant, will become a battlefield within a month. At that time, Silvano pays a visit as a messenger from the Celestina Empire.

Knock Knock

“Sir, I brought Miss Regal!”

“Thank you, please have a seat.”

Regal, who was off-duty today, took this chance to verify the message to the Ambassador of Mu, Nigel. She knows the evacuation will take some time, but it’s better to do it early before the schedule packs up.

“I’m grateful to have you here, Miss Regal. However, the information I receive from my fellow Ambassador, Bruno, tells me that I should immediately start the evacuation. Is that correct?”

“Yes. The order came directly from the Main Council and the Main Advisor. They will plan to burn this capital to the ashes. We will reimburse all of the tickets and accommodation. It’s better to have all of your people evacuate starting today.”

“Understood. I will inform the Mu citizens of immediate evacuation. Can I ask something?”

“What is it?”

“How far the Celestina Empire was willing to humiliate the Papaldia Empire?”

“Until they realize their mistake and sending a diplomat to us. We will always open the gate of diplomacy for them. However, since they no longer accept the diplomats, the Papaldia Empire officials, including The Emperor, must talk through me, as the chief of the negotiation from the Celestina Empire.”

“I understand… I will do this as soon as I can.”

“Thank you.”

Two hours after Silvano left, Mu Officials immediately informed all Mu Citizens to evacuate from the Papaldia Empire. Due to the limited flight, the evacuation will take group by group as Nigel coordinates the evacuation with his officials. The top priority to evacuate is Mu citizens, the second is for the merchant, and the last to evacuate is for officials.

People of Mu start to evacuate as soon as the listings are complete. At the same time, the Celestina Empire gave them a deadline of fifty days for leaving the Papaldia Empire, and after that, they will be on their own to find a way to evacuate.


The Celestina Empire, The Kingdom of Verlaine’s Airbase, 18th July 1524 / 225

Both Shiki and Rosaria inspect the Airport that has just completed its upgrade into both an Airport hub and an Airbase suitable for the Celestina Empire that was started a week after Operation: Blood Rose. The airport is also receiving some upgrades, such as transforming the terminals into a hub airport that connects cargo, railways, and commercial airplanes. The drydock for the starships only has one of the drydocks complete to fit the Verlaine Prayer on the military base from the plan of four drydocks.

The Navy base was also currently under construction, with at least six hybrid drydocks that can fit up to a Frigate starship, but also able to fit any naval warship should the starship drydock at the Airbase was available.

The Galaxy Railways Project will continue after the project was put to a halt due to the sudden transfer a year ago. With the train station linked with the airport, it will be used by the Celestina Empire as one of Celestina’s main bases and the gateway to the Rodenius Continent and the Celestina Empire.

“Looks like we were able to move to the next phase.”

“You plan to attack the Papaldia Empire?”

“Yes. I will attend the War Council next week. Can you handle this Kingdom while I’m gone?”

“I will. Besides, I have my father, so I can continue to study from him when you’re away.”

“That’s my girl.”

Kissing her forehead, Shiki holds Rosaria’s hand as they continue to observe the modifications of the airbase.


The Celestina Empire, Royal Capital of Regnieburg, The War Council Meeting, 25th July 1524 / 225

“Now, we will begin the meeting.”

The Main Council, the Main Advisor, the Adjutants, and several key persons are attending the War Council. They plan to enact Operation: Terror Snatcher. The operation separates into several smaller operations, such as Operation: Scale HeistOperation: Bag Snatcher, and Operation: Terror Storm. Sacchito then starts to outline each of the missions.

“First is Operation: Scale Heist. This operation will enter the final phase once we commence Operation: Terror Storm, in which the objective was extracting twenty Wyvern Overlord. Lyrallei’s team already has control of the Wyverns and will escape from the capital. In order to do that, we will commence Operation: Terror Storm by forcing all wyverns to assemble and deploy from the capital base. Lieutenant Silvano Shin Regal and Lieutenant Jill Wagner will mark the critical target on the capital.

Lord Armada, you will be escorted by two CAG-2. The CAG-2 will perform a wake-up call at a low altitude. I need the Imperial base on the capital destroyed and terrorize the civilian of the Papaldia Empire. Raziel will open the battle by firing close enough to the Imperial Capital base.”

Armada looks at Sacchito as he wants to know the limitations to terrorize the civilian.

“What kind of terror that you wish for?”

“Make them scared enough to cause widespread panic around the capital. Once you finish demolishing the capital base, terrorize the Papaldia Empire citizen enough until the navy manages to destroy the base or you had enough of it. Make some room for the air to come in since I don’t want any civilian casualties and collateral damage untouched.”

“Fine by me.”

“Lady Tiamat. The 1st Expeditionary Fleet will face at least a thousand of the Papaldia Empire’s warships and hundreds of Wyvern Lords. Please do whatever you see fit, and Ishiene will command the 2nd Ocean Crystal Division to support the naval fleet. If you spot the Dragon Carrier, leave ten alive. We already reach the quota we need for Wyvern Lord, but if you want to take more, it’s your choice.”

“Will do~”

“Feena, how long do you think the creation of the blueprints through Technology Scanner will take for the Magic Gem Processing Refinery?”

“Hard to estimate. If it was too complicated, it could take up to four hours. If it is simple enough, it’s possible to complete it in an hour. I need to bring my army for this case since we have two objectives there. The first is to destroy the Duro Military base, and the second is to secure the industrial facility to snatch its technology, and then we destroy it. For that case, I will deploy both the 17th Mechanized Regiment “Doctor Mechanic” and the 5th Mechanized Regiment “Refractor Digger” to destroy the base and seize Duro. For the defense perimeter, I will deploy the 10th Mech Regiment to maintain security and prevent civilians from entering the facility. For scanning, I will deploy the 1st and 2nd “Blue Scan” Combat Engineers Battalion to make the blueprints.”

“That’s fine. For the next phase of operation, we will enact Operation: Threat Book. This operation requires us to infiltrate the castle. I will only limit this to a Company's size since we can only move in with as little presence as possible. We have three key objectives for this operation. First, we will take the Emperor and the Papaldia Empire's brass as a hostage by seizing the meeting room. Second, we will take the entire Senate members hostage by seizing the Senate Hall. The third one is to capture this castle and hoist the Celestina Empire's banners until we decide to retreat.

Jill will provide us a path into the castle, and all of us, include a small team from the Zealot Strike Force, will participate.

Daniel and Victoria will lead the capture of the Senates; I will lead the capture of the Emperor and the officials at the conference room, and Shiki will handle the capture of the castle. Lord Armada and Lady Tiamat, make sure no one from outside notices anything until Shiki’s team change the Papaldia Empire’s banner into the Celestina Empire’s banner.”

“That’s easy for me.”

“We will broadcast this through the entire colony of the Papaldia Empire and show the world that we have defeated the Papaldia Empire and we take control of the castle. For the Operation: Threat Book, we will wait for the confirmation date of when the meeting will be held from Kyeos. Once he informs us about the schedule, we will start preparing.”

Alicia analyzes all of the battle plans, and it seems there will be no room for negotiations except for Operation: Threat Book. Since the Papaldia Empire still refuses to give up, let alone wanting to send a diplomat after the Celestina Empire liberated the Kingdom of Verlaine through Operation: Blood Rose. Because they haven’t sent a diplomat, it’s a green light for the Celestina Empire to commence a large-scale operation by simultaneously attacking three targets.

“I was thinking if we can broadcast this through live-streaming when we’re attacking the Papaldia Empire.”

“Are you sure about that, Alicia?”

Daniel looks at Alicia in surprise. It’s unusual for the military to make a live show about the military operation. Somehow, Daniel thinks that the live show can be related to Rosaria since she’s the Colony Independence Army's Supreme Commander. By broadcasting it live, it will further trigger more colonies to rebel and join the Colony Independence Army to fight for freedom and independence from the Papaldia Empire's clutch.

“I’m certain. Because we already have the gun loaded with gunpowder and a bullet. You just need to pull the trigger to have the country inside the Fillades Continent rally and bold enough to attack the Papaldia Empire.”

“I see…”

While Daniel thinks about it, there is one more question from Shiki.

“How are we going to inform Mu at the Papaldia Empire?”

“Silvano is going to take care of it.”

“That’s good.”

They plan to commence the operation in a week. Right now, the assigned personnel will deploy to the Kingdom of Verlaine for final preparations.


The Papaldia Empire, Naval Headquarters

By the emperor’s order, the Papaldia Empire was aiming to recapture the Kingdom of Verlaine and once again turn it into imperial territory. At Esthirant’s military port, people ran about in a hurry to finish the necessary preparations. South of the capital, at the largest port in the Third Civilization, hundreds of ships-of-the-line were anchored there and having supplies loaded onto them.

Navy Vice-Admiral Balus watched the work proceed from the roof of one of the harbor facilities. Standing next to him was the strategist Matal, said to be the greatest mind in the empire.

“Matal, what are your thoughts on the upcoming battle?”

“Hmm, based on classic theory, we’ll be attacking Verlaine or whatever with an overwhelming advantage in numbers. However!!! Our true opponent is Celestina. Based on our analysis, there’s a very high possibility that they’ve imported weaponry from the superpower Mu. As we know, they routed the oversight army then annihilated our forces dispatched to the Kingdom of Selarong.

These kinds of consecutive defeats have not happened since the world recognized the Papaldia Empire as a superpower… in other words, these crushing losses are a historical event. Celestina is powerful! We have no choice but to admit it! We don’t know how many, or what variety, of Mu’s weapons they have. In the air, we can probably expect our wyvern overlords to come out on top, but the real question is going to be about the sea. If they have Tripzit-class warships, then… if we use standard naval warfare tactics, we’ll probably lose.”

“In that case, what should we do?”

“We have an incredible number of ships-of-the-line, so we could put those numbers to use somehow. Or we could try something primitive, like sending waves of wyverns to land directly on their ships and set fire on the deck while the dragon knights invade the insides with guns.”

“We would take losses with that tactic.”

“You need to adapt already; this isn’t an enemy we can fight then expect to make it out unblemished. However, if we press them with the empire’s technology and resources, we can definitely win. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that this war will decide the empire’s fate.”

Balus had a far-off look on his face.

“After this battle, Celestina will pay dearly for underestimating the empire. Prisoners of war will wish they had died after they taste what we have in store for them. People of Celestina! You’ll be facing the true might of the empire’s main forces now!!!”

Navy Vice-Admiral Balus’s spirit blazed intensely, even though he still had never laid eyes on Celestina’s navy.


South of the Papaldia Empire’s Naval Base

“How much you can count on those ships?”

“Around nine hundred to above a thousand… That includes a Dragon Carrier as well.”

“How much you find it, Lapis?”

“Around 20 Dragon Carrier, Vice Admiral.”

“And the Army?”

“Since their preparations took quite a bunch of time, I should say they’re bringing around fifty thousand personnel.”

“That’s around fifteen times bigger than what they dispatch into the both Kingdom of Verlaine and Selarong around half a year ago.”

“Yeah. I think the Emperor was enraged because of recent defeat, and he wants Verlaine recaptured by any means necessary.”

Ishiene and Lapis continue to observe the Papaldia Empire Navy. In the meantime, they also need to keep an eye on the old-fashioned warships, practically fifth to the seventh rate of ships-of-the-line.

“How much do you think command wants to spare the ship?’

“Excluding Imperial Oversight Fleet, probably at least five Dragon Carrier.”

“I heard they also plan to invade the Celestina Empire once they build enough force.”

“That’s one of the most bullshit decisions I ever heard. The Imperial Army doesn’t have a chance to touch it, let alone preparations.”

“It’s quite a pity they didn’t send a diplomat for negotiations even they have been kicked out from the Kingdom of Verlaine.”

“Karma is always a bitch.”

Ishiene, Lapis, and several undines swam through the ocean to finish their recon. They’ve been monitoring the movements of the Papaldia Empire’s Imperial Fleet for three months. However, soon they got intriguing news to talk about while they were withdrawing.

“I’ve heard they attended the Eleven Country Leadership Conference this year, but only for a day.”

“That was supposed to be like three months ago, isn’t it?”

“Lieutenant Desirae is already tracking those who attend it. It seems the participants are eager to see the war between the Celestina Empire and the Papaldia Empire.”

“Quite a pity, the Papaldia Empire leave early.”

“Mu already shows an interest in the Celestina Empire, and the Kingdom of Eimor also felt intimidated because of our fortune teller.”

“Uh, you mean, Lady Shina?”

“Yep.”

“I also heard that the Council and the Advisors are in an uproar because of ‘you know him’ and ‘you know her’ that arrives weeks ago.”

Hearing that makes Ishiene’s face turns pale. To think that both ‘you know him’ and ‘you know her’ are visiting the Celestina Empire all of a sudden, there must be something going on within the Main Council and the Main Advisors when they arrive.

“Ugh… I don’t want to be handled by ‘you know her’ again… It gives me bad memories…”

“Huh?”

Lapis didn’t know what Ishiene was talking about, let alone she didn’t know who was ‘you know him’ and ‘you know her.’


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Capital Base

The imperial capital Esthirant was the most elegant and splendorous city in the Third Civilization, a sponge that soaked up all other countries' wealth. There was a military base north of the capital tasked with the country’s defense, known as “the shield of the empire.” Superior troops operated it with the newest weapons, soldiers who did not lack in training or morale. It was home to the largest force in the Papaldia Empire, one whose total strength would undoubtedly be recognized as the strongest in the Third Civilization by the world.

The empire, which believed the Celestina Empire was using weapons from Mu, finally admitted that they were a strong enemy and began fortifying the base in order to prevent the capital from being invaded no matter what. Some land dragons were hauling magic cannons into orderly lines within the base. Other personnel was being fitted with a bullet-repelling armor by armory and logistics personnel, and the rest were participating in the training. Soldiers were also running around and going through training exercises with sharp, practiced movements that reflected the ridiculous degree to which they had been polished.

Watching the preparations from a tower in the base, the Imperial Capital Defense Army General Carlene nodded in satisfaction before turning to the dragon knight captain.

“Look at this. There’s so much military strength concentrated here. Even if we were to face the Holy Milishial Empire, they could not take us down so easily.”

“You may be right, but general! Our squadrons have also gotten a lot of promising rookies transferred in, take a look.”

The dragon knight captain pointed to the sky, where the proud imperial capital aerial defense squadron was flying in formation. The mere sight of them was so majestic, so powerful that they would strike fear into the hearts of any enemy onlookers. Behind them, there was an even larger dragon flying after them. It was very fast, effortlessly closing in on the wyvern squadron.

“Ooh! So that’s the wyvern overlord I’ve heard about! What amazing speed! It’s undeniably faster than the wyvern lords!!!”

The wyvern overlord shot past the wyvern lords, the rulers of the skies that had been part of the main core of the empire’s forces for a long time. The Celestina Zealot Strike Force, assigned to Lyrallei’s unit, performs several maneuvers as part of the training, making the Wyvern Lords rider shocked and speechless.

“The imperial capital aerial defense squadron will soon be comprised of only wyvern overlords!” the dragon knight captain boasted proudly.

“Ooh, how terrifying! To produce that many of them so quickly, His Grace is serious about this. With this much power, even if they attack us with a squadron of Mu’s latest Marin fighter planes, they won’t be able to beat us. Nuwahahahaa!!!”

The shield of the empire carried on its war preparations and continues to reinforce the base.


Above the sky, Lieutenant Faira Desirae is assessing the Imperial Army numbers around the Capital Headquarters.

“Numbers are around two hundred thousands…”

It shouldn’t be a problem if Celestina deploys an Armored or Mechanized Regiment to smash the Imperial base. But that means the other problem comes from the capital. However, for the safety and in case both Primordials are not in the mood of fighting, she will request additional military forces to act as reserve or standby.

“Ma’am. I wonder when they will prepare themselves to advance again?”

“Judging by the numbers, I should say another month or so. Even the Verlaine Kingdom is in a state of recovery since we guard the Kingdom, they will send a larger force in order to reclaim it back rather than their usual strike force. Navy may be ready, but not for the ground soldiers and the air force since they need reserves if we destroy the Dragon Carrier and lack reserve further.

If Silvano saw this, they may want to deploy a larger occupation force to make sure Celestina got difficulty to reclaim again.”

“I see…”

“Let’s get out of here; we got what we need.”

With that, Prowler Arcus immediately withdraw once they mark several spots for landing when Operation: Terror Snatcher starts.


The Papaldia Empire, 1st Foreign Affairs Department, 27th July 1524 / 225

Department Head Elto hoped he was wrong, but unfortunately, he was proven right when he received the information. He was now resigned to it. The Papaldia Empire was currently at war with Celestina, and some Mu citizens were living in the empire. The Second Civilization superpower Mu government suspended all travels to the empire under the pretext of “because they have entered into a full-blown war with Celestina” and ordered their citizens to evacuate. Upon receiving that order from 14th June, those citizens living here began to leave one after another.

Currently, the evacuation is still ongoing as Mu will not leave any citizens behind, and the Celestina Empire will reimburse them properly. While the civilians and merchants have been evacuated group by group for a month, the last group to evacuate will be the officials, including Ambassador Nigel, who will depart the day after tomorrow as the last member of Mu inside the Papaldia Empire to evacuate.

“So they’re really… I see!!!” Elto muttered to himself in his office.

The superpower Papaldia Empire and the Celestina Empire's barbarian land, the two countries may have been at war, but there was no realistic threat to a superpower’s home country. Rather, he could assert that telling their people to leave the empire was simply insanity. However, that was what Mu had done, unaware that Silvano delivers the order to Mu Ambassador, Nigel, to evacuate as soon as possible. Thinking about it, there was only one reason they would do this: they were completely backing Celestina and trying to provoke the empire.

“They want a war between superpowers… Why would Mu go this far?!”

Remille was already aware that Mu’s citizens were beginning to leave the country. Soon, Mu’s ambassador would be arriving as per the empire’s summons. He was looking forward to seeing how Remille would act and what excuses the ambassador would give. Remille had taken charge of diplomatic issues, so Elto would be able to sit back and watch the proceedings at his leisure. He felt like he was just working in human resources now.


The 1st Foreign Affairs Department, Small Meeting Room

Remille was waiting for Mu’s ambassador in a small meeting room in the 1st foreign affairs department. Based on their intelligence, Mu’s government used the war between the Papaldia Empire and the Celestina Empire to order their citizens to evacuate from the empire, and now all of those citizens were forming long lines at the port to leave the country. They concluded that Mu issued the order because they were the ones that exported weapons to Celestina. Otherwise, they could think of no other reason for an evacuation order out of a superpower’s country due to a war between a superpower and a barbarian country.

Aside from Remille, the department head and all of the other department officials were also in the meeting room. It was almost time for Mu’s ambassador to arrive.

Knock knock.

“The ambassador from the country of Mu is here.”

“Enter.”

The heavy door opened, and Mu’s ambassador, Nigel, walked in and took a seat.

Nigel surmised that the reason Remille summoned him was to ask why his country had issued an evacuation order after Papaldia had declared war on Celestina. Mu didn’t see the empire as an enemy. They weren’t particularly close either, but they had a valuable relationship. The empire also must have realized how technologically advanced Celestina was, so as long as he explained properly, they should understand. No matter how much it hurt the empire’s pride, he stressed that even he, Mu’s ambassador, would have to leave the country temporarily. However…

There was one small thing that worried him. The empire had declared a genocidal war against Celestina. If they truly were aware of Celestina’s strength and technology level, he didn’t think they would have ever done such a thing. He didn’t want to believe it, but there was a possibility that they actually didn’t realize how strong Celestina was. No, that’s far too implausible… if they weren’t aware, then there was no possible way they could reasonably explain their losses to Celestina.

He didn’t want to spill that the order was made based on the Main Council that sent a warning to Mu to leave the Papaldia Empire as soon as possible. He already heard a lot of things from Bruno, his fellow diplomat, and he knows that Mu won’t dare to lay a finger on the Celestina Empire.

The Celestina Empire give Mu several gifts. First is the upgraded La Chaos reciprocating aircraft, and Myrus is now studying its machinery. Second is Mu-class Battleship, in which Bruno confirms that the battleship will be ready within two years, and the Navy is still making a selection. The third one is scholarships to study Celestina’s technology further. Myrus already applies for the Master's Degree in Engineering, and he was already admitted into Royal Celestina University under Alicia’s guidance two months ago. Myrus will visit the Celestina Empire as a student in September this year, eager to learn more about technology and its principles.

Mu’s ambassador Nigel brought his mind back into focus for the meeting with the empire.

“All right, let us begin the meeting.”

With those words, the imperial noble Remille led off the discussion.

“I believe you are already aware that our country has entered into a state of war with the Empire of Celestina. I would like to ask you to explain Mu’s responses to that event.”

“Yes, we know that the Papaldia Empire and Celestina are at odds. We believe that the chances of this being a fierce war are high. To ensure Mu citizens' safety, our government has officially issued an evacuation order from your country. This order includes those working in our embassy and were the last group to depart. This measure was taken because we judged that your capital might suffer an attack as we receive information from the Celestina Empire that they have their sights on the Imperial Capital.”

At this response, Remille’s expression clouded over.

“Well, your cover is good. We’ve looked into it. Do you mind if we simply dispense with the act?”

“What?”

Nigel was perplexed, unable to make sense of Remille’s words.

“While engaged in battle with Celestina, we have witness reports of flying machines. Please, let us speak plainly.”

“……I’m afraid I have no idea what you’re getting at here…”

“You have no idea? My goodness, what a sly fox Mu has sent over to us. I will repeat, we have witness reports of Celestina using flying machines. The only country that builds flying machines is your country of Mu. Your country weapons that you’ve previously refused to export to us have been exported to Celestina. And now, the order to extract all Mu citizens from the capital. Even an utter moron can see what this means. Why did Mu sell their weapons to Celestina?! And now, why are you warring with us?!”

As he shrank from Remille’s verbal assault, Nigel was further disoriented by Papaldia’s distorted reasoning.

“I believe you have committed a grave misunderstanding. Mu has not exported any weapons to Celestina at all. Their country’s machine technology severely outstrips ours.”

“You’re saying that an uncivilized barbarian country is more advanced than the Second Civilization’s superpower?! How can I possibly believe that!!!”

“The information… about how their country was transported from another world, did you not know?”

Remille recalled reading a report where that was mentioned offhandedly. However, she was a realist, so she could not take a tall tale like that seriously.

“Transported from another world…… Your country actually believes that?”

“We do, of course. Outside of Mu, it’s considered a myth, but our history states that we too were transported from another world under the same circumstances. It was clearly recorded thirteen thousand years ago by the monarchy at the time. We have conducted a thorough investigation of the matter, and the results are that the same circumstances transported Celestina as us. At the time, we knew their history that they abandon Earth due to a certain situation that requires them to do so, which later it becomes the Celestina Empire once they found a new land to settle.”

Nigel took out numerous photographs from his briefcase.

“These are pictures of Celestina’s combat aircraft. And this one is a picture of our country’s aircraft… Please compare them; our aircraft have propellers, machinery that generates wind, they look quite similar, but Celestina’s aircraft do not have propellers. Their speed as well, Celestina’s aircraft, can apparently surpass the speed of sound. Our country does not have the technology to build these. We do not have anything of value to export to Celestina except for those who demand our technology. On the contrary, our side has demand for their products, and we actually want to import from them, though we are loathed to admit it.”

Next, he took out pictures of skyscrapers and flourishing cities, the likes of which they had never dreamed of.

“Here is a picture of Celestina’s capital, Regnieburg. Before Celestina was transported here, they were an Empire prone to be invaded by other planets. They learn every inch of technology, and they survive all of the wars.”

The faces of everyone on the Papaldia Empire’s side all at once became pale. Nigel continued giving his crash course on Celestina.

“Whether it’s their military or civilian technology, Celestina is far stronger, far more advanced than we are. To say they’re even above the Holy Milishial Empire and it will be a huge stretch. This is the country that you’ve declared war on, that you’ve stated you will purge. But rather than you doing the purging, it is also entirely possible for your opponents to be the ones purging you.

The government of Mu has a responsibility to protect our citizens. With the way things are developing and information from my colleague at the Celestina Empire, they have judged that there is a chance that Esthirant will be turned into ash. That’s why they have ordered all Mu citizens to escape from the Papaldia Empire. My colleagues and I will be leaving the day after tomorrow as well, and we will be on the last group to depart. After the war, if there is still anything left, I will be returning. I sincerely pray that we will meet again.”

They were stunned, speechless… No one had any response to give. While the Papaldian side was still silent, the meeting concluded.

Afterwards, the officials all remained in the meeting room. If what Mu’s ambassador said was true, then they had scorned an ultra-superpower country, provoked them, and massacred their citizens. Furthermore, the worst part was that they started a genocidal war with them. The words of a superpower’s ambassador carried a lot of weight, and the shock had dazed everyone to the point of being unable to think.

“All right then, so what do we do now…” Remille mused.

“If everything Mu’s ambassador told us is all be true, then there’s a limit to what we can do. Honestly, it would have been better for us if Mu were waging war by proxy through Celestina.”

“Pfffhahahahah!” Remille suddenly started laughing. “This is the worst-case scenario, the single possibility we could not accept! What a masterpiece! Huhaahahahahaaahaha!!!”

“M-Mistress Remille?!”

Elto was worried that Remille had broken mentally. Thinking back, there were numerous opportunities to witness Celestina’s national power for themselves, but they wasted each and every one of them. The fact that the Celestinaese didn’t flaunt their power was also frustrating. Unfortunately, they couldn’t take back their actions, and they couldn’t turn back the clock. However, they remember when Jacob leaves a scroll for them to read, should they fell into the greatest despair of their life.

“M-Mistress Remille… D-do we still have the scroll?”

“The scroll? Why would I need—Ah!”

She remembers the scroll that the Celestina Empire’s diplomat left before they left. Remille brought the scroll back home, and she can open it when she wants to.

The meeting in the Papaldia Empire’s foreign affairs department later stretched long into the night.


The Papaldia Empire, 29th July 1524 / 225

Nigel and the diplomats enter the last flight with the destination is to the Celestina Empire, Capital of Mechania Territory, Zaid. Once they leave, there will be no Mu citizens left at the Papaldia Empire. This evacuation includes the Airport staff as they are the last group to depart.

A total of twenty passengers were aboard. The passengers are Nigel and three diplomats, four mechanics, and twelve airport staff. The airport operates by Mu is also closed indefinitely.

“Let’s leave this Empire.”

“Yes, sir.”

The pilot immediately pushes the throttle to the maximum. It will be the last time they will see the Airport of Mu before the Celestina Empire commence their attack on the Capital of the Papaldia Empire, Esthirant.

Above them, a Prowler is watching at forty thousand feet. Faira watches as the flight heads to the Celestina Empire as she orders the fighters to escort them.

“The last flight from Mu is away. We’re green for Operation: Terror Snatcher.”

“Copy that. We’re finalizing the preparation now.”

With the last evacuation for Mu citizens completed, the Celestina Empire was now able to attack the Papaldia Empire Capital, Esthirant.


The Kingdom of Verlaine, 3rd August 1524 / 225, 3 AM

“Load up! Load up!”

The units assigned for this mission are boarding the transport aircraft. Yuuna Caskett and Izumi Mahigashi are entering their mech before entering the MDT-85 Troop Carrier. The 17th Mechanized Regiment “Doctor Mechanic” and the 5th Mechanized Regiment “Refractor Digger” are loading their troops to the dropships. The Mech from the 10th Mech Regiment is also being loaded into MDT-85 and MDTH-77 Troop Carrier.

The light armor and walkers enter VTCL-18 while the tanks deployed are Liberator Tank S Variant, Vulcan Tank, and Stinger Tank enters the VTCH-15. The infantries are boarding ID-22 and IA-10 TC. Overall, there are 50 MDT’s, 50 VTCH’s, and around 80 of both ID and IA’s Troop Carrier. The fighters consist of 7 CAG-2, 10 LSF-3, 5 INSF-10, 12 BSF-27 deployed straight from the Verlaine Kingdom for air superiority.

“Clear! Aircraft ready for take-off!”

“All aircraft clear for take-off, I say again, the light is green!”

For the 1st and 2nd Battalion “Blue Chip,” they enter ID-22 and entering the battlefield once the facility is secure. The Celestina Empire Navy, consisting of the 1st Expeditionary Fleet led by Commander Brunestud and the 2nd “Ocean Crystal” Division led by Vice Admiral Ishiene, will assault the Papaldia Empire’s navy. All Troop Carrier, Mech Carrier, and Armor Carrier are taking off from the Verlaine Kingdom’s airbase, heading north. At the same time, the 1st Expeditionary Fleet departs from the Verlaine Kingdom three hours before the Air Force departs. The 2nd “Ocean Crystal” Division is already in position and planting some bombs at the keel of the Papaldia Empire’s warship, ready to make a game for the people.

The reserves are put on standby while Feena Minazuki joins the Blue Chip unit that will extract magic refinery technology at Duro.

The Celestina Empire will broadcast the battle in live-feed at the entire Third Civilization and Rodenius Continent. People become eager to see how the Celestina Empire will punish the Papaldia Empire under Operation: Terror Snatcher that will commence today.

2