Chapter 41 – To Surrender or to be Destroyed
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Palace, Eastern Ward, 8th August 1524 / 225, 9 AM

“Ugh…!”

The castle guards are knocked out one after another once the Main Council, the Adjutants, and the Zealot Strike Force infiltrate the palace. Jill provides the entrance by installing a portal at the least suspicious place so the Main Council can return once their job is done.

“Thank you for giving us insertion point, Jill.”

“No problem, Your Majesty.”

Reaching the intersection, they open a map layout, revealing their destination.

“Alright, then. Daniel, Victoria, you go to the Senate’s room. Shiki, capture this castle, and I will lead the rest to the Meeting room.”

“You betcha.”

“Lord Armada and Lady Tiamat, use that balcony to reach your destination. Don’t break until we give you the signal.”

“Hmph. Consider it done.”

“Let’s vanish ourselves.”

The team split up into four parties. Sacchito, Eleonora, Feena, Alicia, Shiela, Lily, Lyla, Luciana, Aegina, Miranda, Fenrir, Izumi, Lyzz, Ludmila, Shina, and Sasha are heading to the emergency meeting that the Papaldia Empire’s Emperor currently led. Sofya, Freya, Maya, Cecilia, Lyrallei, MacMillan, Yuuna, Shikami, Hakuren, Lyzz, Sionx, and Willem are heading to the Senate chamber to capture the Senates. Shiki, Zilva, Silvano, and Shiki’s Zealot Strike Team are putting the palace guards to sleep on their way to put the Celestina Empire's banner outside the castle. Armada will be heading into the emergency meeting's rooftop, and Tiamat will be heading into the senate chamber's rooftop.

All teams are using active camouflage, concealing themselves. They make their way to the designated area and will appear when the time is ripe.


The Verlaine Kingdom, Rose Palace, Press Conference Room

Shiki and the Main Councils have instructed Rosaria to incite more rebellion on the Papaldia Empire’s territory. After the decisive victory five days ago over a large Operation, Operation: Terror Snatcher, she finishes her work to make a speech to incite further rebellion.

“Let’s spark the flames of the rebellion.”

Rosaria gathers her courage to address the colony of the Papaldia Empire to incite the rebellion. Former King Daara, the 19th, looks up at her daughter. He was proud of her daughter's achievements, putting hope to Shiki and Rosaria to open a new Age of Prosperity at the Kingdom of Verlaine.

The media gathers at the conference room. They place everything to broadcast and record it, such as magical communications to transmit audio and even videos, while the Celestina Empire is set with drone cameras to get her the best view when she was about to give her speech.

Rosaria will make her speech once the Main Council gives them a cue to start broadcasting it live through the entire colony of the Papaldia Empire.


The Papaldia Empire, Imperial Palace, Meeting Room

A morning emergency meeting… all of the country’s top management officials were present, and this meeting would determine the will of the empire as a whole. The main topic of the meeting was what to do about Celestina.

The people participating included:

  • Emperor Ludius
  • Remille, a member of the imperial family
  • Supreme Commander Arde
  • 1stForeign Affairs Department Head Elto
  • 2ndForeign Affairs Department Head Rius
  • 3rdForeign Affairs Department Head Kyeos
  • Governing Board Director Baars
  • Financial Department Head Mooly
  • Aides for each department were also present
  • Royal Maid Jill as Maid to prepare refreshments.

Before the meeting began, a document containing all information discovered about the Celestina until now was distributed by the officials. All of the officials scanned the material, which had been put together by the 3rd foreign affairs department. The information, arranged in chronological order, is summarized below:

  • Central Calendar year 1522, December, the Principality of Qua-Toyne in the Rodenius established contact with the Celestina Empire. At that time, no other country that received their diplomats acknowledged the existence of an Imperial country called “Celestina.” After establishing contact, the Empire of Celestina made a purchase request to the Principality of Qua-Toyne for a large amount of food.
    • Central Calendar year 1523, April, the largest military force in Rodenius at that time, the Kingdom of Louria, invaded the Principality of Qua-Toyne, igniting a war between the two countries. The Celestina Empire joined the war as an ally of Qua-Toyne. In the Great Naval Battle of Rodenius, the Louria navy lost over 4,000 ships and suffered catastrophic damage to their wyvern fleet.
    • In a battle west of the town in Gim at Qua-Toyne, Louria’s vast ground forces were completely annihilated by the Celestina Empire.
    • While the method is still unclear, shortly afterward, the king of Louria, Hark Louria, was captured by the Celestina Empire.
  • The empire sent the imperial oversight army’s eastern fleet to punish the Kingdom of Selarong, but its wyvern lords were captured and ships-of-the-line rebuffed. This was the empire’s first clash with Celestina.
    • After bringing down the Kingdom of Verlaine, the imperial army set its sights on the Kingdom of Selarong. They captured the town of Sulbar, including 250 Celestinian citizens, and executed those citizens by order of Remille, the acting 1stForeign Affairs Department Head. Enraged by this action, the Celestinian military attacked the imperial naval forces involved in invading Selarong and destroying them, capturing the ground army, and executing a thousand of them as retaliation. These losses were equal to a quarter of the empire’s naval forces.
    • The Emperor announced that the empire would commit to exterminating Celestina and its citizens; in response, Celestina started retaliating. This was the official start of the war between the Papaldia Empire and the country of Celestina.
    • Celestina attacked and defeated the imperial military forces stationed in Verlaine, and the imperial-controlled territory of Verlaine reclaimed its independence.
    • Celestina also sent a single ancient dragon to the Imperial Capital Defense military base north of Esthirant, destroying it and all its defenses.
    • On the Navy, Celestina’s naval forces effectively annihilated the imperial navy and destroyed the navy headquarters building as well as the other buildings built at the port.
    • On the same day, the Celestina Empire sends numerous aircraft and unknown land dragons, destroying the Imperial Industrial Defense Military Base west of Duro and Military Production Facility at Duro.
  • Celestina claims that its country was transferred from another version of this world, or perhaps from another planet. They do indeed have military achievements that are unthinkable for a country outside of the civilized areas. Rather than the empire never knowing about a country like this in all of official history, it is more believable for the Celestina Empire to have suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Every person finished reading the document. Their faces all shared a similar gloomy look.

“First, I will summarize the military’s current status.”

Supreme Commander Arde stood up to speak.

“Our main naval forces have been decimated. Only three dragon carriers survived from our main forces, and there are no survivors for our first-class ships. There are twenty-two ships in the eastern fleet and thirteen ships in the western fleet in the oversight army. Overall, our combined navy consists of forty-one ships total. Compared to before we fought Celestina, we have lost over ninety-five percent of our navy, a staggering reduction.”

Sweat trickled down Arde’s forehead. Even with their remaining naval forces, they were still far more powerful than any other nearby country in the Third Civilization. But, considering how quickly Celestina obliterated their main naval force, they could only perceive it as a pathetically small and insufficient force.

“I’ll move on to our ground forces. One of the imperial military’s large bases has been destroyed, the Imperial Capital Defense base. They attacked us from the sky with a single dragon that people testify. Along with it, they also attacked the city of Duro with explosive projectiles on a scale so large that we would never have imagined possible had it not actually occurred. In the event that future bases are constructed, we have learned to consider the downsides of concentrating too many assets in one location, but it seems unlikely that this lesson will bear any fruit before the next battle.

Because the capital’s defenses have been weakened to such an extent, including the Industrial bases, we will be withdrawing our troops from all territories and reassigning them to the capital’s defense as a priority. The capital is of the utmost importance, so I have already issued an emergency withdrawal order using my authority as Supreme Commander. However, be aware that even with these troops, it is impossible to replenish the Imperial Capital Defense force to the level it was at prior to the attack, let alone the Imperial Industrial Defense force.”

“Now, just… hold on a moment, Sir Arde!” Director Baars interjected. “Withdrawing our troops from all territories?! If you do that, won’t they rebel?! Can’t you just call back the troops stationed on the other two large continents?”

“I cannot do that. Those bases are important strategic locations as well. A ground army’s greatest strength comes from locational advantage; if we were to recall the troops from those larger bases, we might keep a better grip on our vassal states, but our global military presence would decrease far too much. Don’t the governing boards exist to prevent revolts in the first place? Well, even if one or two of the vassal states gnash their teeth at us, it’s not like they have any connections to one another, so I don’t think there’s much cause for concern. In the extreme unlikelihood that there is a rebellion and we lose a territory, considering that we still reinforced the capital’s defenses, I would assert that the scales simply balanced out, don’t you agree?”

“Well… that’s…”

“Plus, as I explained, the order was already issued. All troops working for the governing boards are preparing to return to the capital before we can reassign them to the other posts again.”

Baars had nothing more to say. Arde continued on.

“His Grace and Mooly were already informed of this and have already given their approval. But because of the swift attacks, the Industrial City was attacked at the same time we issue the order to strengthen the production.”

After Arde finished speaking, 3rd Department Head Kyeos raised his hand to speak.

“Judging by the current state of our military, Celestina truly is a force to be reckoned with and must be regarded with proper caution, as I believe everyone here now recognizes. That’s where the problem lies…” Kyeos took a deep breath. “The only way this war will end is with our defeat.”

“!”

Everyone in the room looked shocked. Kyeos knew that they all felt it to be true, but no one could muster the courage to voice it aloud in front of the emperor. Both Kyeos and Remille saw some distortion in the meeting room, and they feared the worst scenario. The Celestina Empire is already here to snoop on their meeting. If they can’t convince the Emperor to surrender, the Celestina Empire will do it their way.

“Supreme Commander Arde, I have a question for you.”

“What is it?”

“If our remaining forces were to land in Celestina, is it possible to fulfill His Grace’s command to eradicate the Celestina people?”

“In order to execute His Grace’s will, we shall push our bodies and spirits to their limits.”

“I did not ask that question to hear about your idealism. I want to hear whether or not, with the current strength of our armies, it is possible or not?”

“…With our current war capacity, it is impossible. In order to comply with that order, we would need to recruit more soldiers and build more ships. We need more time.”

“Celestina will not give us that time, let alone the terrain already gives us a disadvantage. I would like to move on to the First Foreign Affairs Department, who opened hostilities with Celestina, and Department Head Elto.”

“…What do you want?!”

“How do you intend to resolve this war?”

Elto’s forehead was drenched in sweat, and his eyes were unfocused. His eyes flicked over to Emperor Ludius’s face.

“We have already publicly declared that we will exterminate Celestina; if we were to change our intentions, that would compromise our standing among other countries and our vassal states. If we consider our national interests, we have no choice but to continue pursuing that goal.”

“Elto, do you believe that goal is achievable?”

“According to Supreme Commander Arde, it’s possible, given enough time. I don’t have the knowledge or expertise to comment on military or strategy matters.”

“All right then, let me ask you as the department head of the First Foreign Affairs Department: what does Celestina want from us?”

“What Celestina wants… From that incident in the Kingdom of Selarong, where we killed their citizens, they want a formal apology, reparations, and to admit the Celestina Empire as a Superpower. In addition, an apology towards Verlaine, as well as reparations and compensated goods. That was their request.”

Remille’s face began to pale when she saw movements, and she did not dare to say anything since the Celestina Empire was already here.

“Enough!!!”

For an instant, everyone wondered who shouted before realizing and closing their mouths. Emperor Ludius turned to face 3rd Department Head Kyeos.

“Kyeos, what is your point?! You wish for the Papaldia Empire, a world superpower, to subject ourselves to the most humiliating, complete defeat imaginable to the Celestina Empire?!”

Remille tries to calm Ludius down.

“Y-Your Grace! He’s got the point.”

“Not you too, Remille! What’s gotten in you two!”

Ludius stood up, enraged when saying that. However, before he sits down, he is pushed aside by an unknown entity, and those who witness him suddenly saw the Emperor is being held by something, as they witness some magic is holding him down. From there, they heard a voice.

“It seems you barbarian haven’t learned a lesson, do you?”

Sacchito, the Great Emperor of the Celestina Empire, appears at Emperor Ludius’s seat, watching them with a smug face. Luciana is holding Ludius hostage by having her rapier sword ready to slice his neck at any moment.

“T-That’s impossible!! How!? How did they get in here!?”

“Guards!! Where are the guards!!”

The meeting room becomes a frenzy once Sacchito and the other members that went into the meeting room reveal themselves from the active camouflage.

“Oh dear, oh dear… Do you still want to fight after we flatten two of your major bases? Or perhaps you are willing to have us smash your Empire to pieces?”

“You!! Barbarian!! Our guards shall exterminate you!!”

“Please, go ahead.”

When the guards are coming in, they aim their muskets at the twin rabbits.

“Fire!”

BABABABAM!!

The shot hits the twin rabbits, and they fall; the palace guard quickly reloads to set for another target.

“Sasha, Lily, Lyla. Teach them a lesson.”

“With pleasure.”

The officials, who thought that the twin rabbits were dead, came back to life. They seemed unscathed when they stood up, looking at the palace guards. Preparing the batons, Lily, Lyla, and Sasha appears behind the palace guards in a blink of an eye.

“What the!?”

POW! WHAM! SLAM!

“Guhaah!!”

CRASH!!

The palace guard's head that was attacked by Sasha, Lily, and Lyla suffer different fates. The guard kicked by Sasha immediately flew out through the window, breaking it while the guard smacked by Lily and Lyla got their heads buried inside the floor.

“T-That can’t be…!!”

The officials, witnessing the power of the Celestina Empire’s adjutants, start to tremble in fear. Some of the palace guards leave the formation and make a move to secure Emperor Ludius.

“Release the Emperor, you barbarian!”

“Sis.”

“On it.”

Eleonora, Feena, and Shiela intentionally give the palace guards the opening to charge on Luciana and Aegina. When the palace guard is about to strike, Luciana spins Emperor Ludius around, using her rapier sword to make a quick kill for two palace guards while Aegina cuts down the rest in just two seconds. Luciana resumes her duty to hold Emperor Ludius hostage.

The view of their palace guard, an elite troop that was meant to defend the Emperor and the Empire, is being killed by Celestina’s Officers without resistance, bringing terror to the Papaldia Empire officials further. They also saw the Celestina Empire leaders did not react, as they were either expecting this or already used to it.

“L-let me go, you prick!! I sentence all of you to death!!”

“Then please send more men to the slaughter. I will enjoy it.”

Arde and the others can’t say a word or send out orders. If they do send it, then more lives will be flying needlessly.

“Professor of Smith. Flag is raised. I say again, Flag is raised.”

Once he receives a transmission from Shiki that they have captured the palace, Sachi looks at the Papaldia Empire’s official.

“All of you, look up.”

“Up?”

When they looked up, they saw a dragon with three pairs of wings tears the rooftop of the palace. When they are panicking and want to escape, Izumi seals off the exit with an energy barricade.

“None of you will make it out of here alive if you guys don’t return to your seat.”

The Main Council Members and Adjutants aim their weapons at them, forcing them to return to their seats.

Ludius tries to break free from Luciana’s grasp by moving his hands around her hips, attempting to arouse her through molesting. Luciana notices it before he makes any attempt.

“Oh, you want some?”

Luciana releases the sword, pushes him forward before she pulls his arm, and makes an Ippon-seoi-nage or a one-arm shoulder throw with Judo style to slam Ludius to the ground.

“Argh!”

“Your Grace!”

“Maybe you should be restrained like this.”

Forcefully lifting him, Luciana once again held one of his wrists and had her sword ready to cut his neck. Watching the scene, Sachi only chuckles.

“You already lost, and yet you still want to fight. If you want to live, then surrender is your only option.”

GROAARR!!

Tossing a holographic disc to the table, it immediately projects the situation around the Papaldia Empire. Celestina has raised the Celestina Empire's banner at the Imperial Palace, and much to their terror, two dragons, is at the rooftop. One is above the meeting room, and one is at the senate hall.

“We’ve captured your palace, your senates, and the officials here. Overall, the Celestina Empire has officially captured the Papaldia Empire. It’s your turn, Queen of Verlaine.”

Everyone was looking at the holographic projector, dumbfounded by the image’s quality that was far better than what they had seen. The screen projects Rosaria Verlaine, the current Queen of Verlaine.

People of the world, good morning to you.”

Rosaria slowly bent at the waist, lowering her head. The sight of her bowing was beautiful and reflected well on her character. The dress she wears matches what she is right now.

“In the aftermath of the naval battle, the Celestina Imperial Space Command Navy Branch sent a fleet of nine ships, while the Papaldia Empire has sent a thousand ships. As a result of this battle, the Celestina Empire has destroyed all of the Papaldia Empire’s Main Fleet, leaving only three Dragon Carriers as survivors. In other words, the Papaldia Empire Navy is considered eradicated for good.

In addition, the Celestina Empire enlists ancient dragons, and one was deployed to attack the Imperial Capital bases single-handedly. The Celestina Empire also launched a massive assault on the Imperial Industrial base and the Industrial District, destroying both bases and production facilities.

People who have suffered under the unjust rule of Papaldia’s governing boards! Now is the time to act!!! If you rise up now, the empire will not have the power to stop you!!! Now is the time to gather your strength and take back your countries, take back peace, happiness, and, above all else, the pride you have in your home!!!

You can see from the results of this battle, more clearly than you can see the fire burning through the wood, that Celestina is stronger than the Papaldia Empire!!! The empire declared war on Celestina! But they will never defeat Celestina!

We also fight along with them! And we will not fall to the land of demons, to Papaldia!!! If those of you out there can take back your own countries, this will have a large impact on the war. Fight! If you fight… If you fight now, you can win!!! If it’s now, you will win. And the empire will fall from its seat as a superpower. The time to act is now!!!

As everyone can see right now, the Papaldia Empire has fallen, the Celestina Empire has captured the Papaldia Empire! This is the strength of the Celestina Empire!!”

Sachi only chuckles while he’s watching the news. It broadcasts Rosaria’s speech to the public.

“This is broadcasted live, right now. Even the senates are also watching.”

Sweats gathered around each of the official's foreheads, including Remille, Kyeos, and Ludius. He tosses a scroll to Remille to read the demand.

“Read it out loud.”

The scroll opens, revealing the demand from the Celestina Empire. Remille, nervous, gathered her courage and started to speak it out loud.

“Celestina Empire hereby demands the Papaldia Empire to surrender to the Celestina Empire unconditionally! The Papaldia Empire must make formal apologies to both Kingdom of Selarong and Verlaine! The war reparations are ten times the damage inflicted on the goods and properties at both Kingdoms. The Papaldia Empire must pay the war tribute, a hundred million of Pasos each month for three years! The Papaldia Empire must acknowledge the colonies as an independent state, withdrawing all personnel, including officials and military, and have all assets seized by the newly independent state! The Celestina Empire will audit any laws that are deemed not suitable! Lastly, the Papaldia Empire must admit the Celestina Empire as a new Superpower nation! The terms can be negotiated once the Papaldia Empire declares their unconditional surrender!”


In the capital, the people are screaming again when they find two ancient dragons lurking at the imperial palace's rooftop.

Armada and Tiamat are making a casual conversation with each other.

“This reminds me of that time, Tiamat. We terrorize a lot of countries on a different world like this.”

“But the most damage we do is to that Empire, right?”

“Yes, that Empire. They even have the guts to be arrogant in front of me. But, I return the favor, of course.”

“You did return the favor to them in the most apocalyptic way imaginable. Seeing the despair of them clearly brings me joy.”

“Hahahaha! I concur, Tiamat! I concur!”

Shina only frowns when hearing that, while the others didn’t care too much about it.

People are looking, and now, they are thrown into a panic once again.

“NOOOO!!!”

“I-It’s the ancient dragon!! It’s back!!”

“God!! Help us!!”

“Surrender!! We want to surrender!!”

“Your Grace!! Please surrender!!”

Cries of despair, plead, and anger reverberate around the capital, urging the Empire to surrender.


On the senate hall, one of the Senate members that visit Kyeos during the Operation: Terror Storm steps up to Sofya and her team.

“Your Majesty… We would wish to surrender the Empire.”

Sofya only stares at them with a cold face. The Senate guards are either knocked out, captured, or killed. When the Senate hall discussed the next action, the Celestina Empire broke in, capturing all of the Senate members, killing any senate guards who resisted as an example, and holding them hostage.

“You wish to surrender? Who are you?”

“I’m Brutti, one of the high-ranked senate.”

“If you wish to surrender, then I would like you to call the entire officials here for the meeting after a lunch break. You see those dragons up there? They can obliterate your Empire within seconds if they want to. I will put you on the list to visit the Celestina Empire, should the Papaldia Empire surrenders before winter.”

“That’s absurd!! We will never surrender!! Take this!!”

One of the senates shoots a large fireball towards Freya and Brutti, but Freya dispels it with a flick of her finger.

“You can’t even touch us. Of course, these two dragons up top, they can obliterate every one of you in just a second.”

They saw some of the Tiamat’s heads entering the senate’s hall, roaring at them. Fear of their life, the senate moves back to the point where the councils and the adjutants saw the senates are pissing themselves.

“One of the Main Council here is more than enough to subjugate this country in a matter of hours. But, these two Primordials can do it or even obliterate this country with just a flick of their finger. It seems all of you doesn’t know the arts of war itself.”

“What’s that supposed to mean!? We will keep continuing war against you until all of you are de— a…. kaaahhh…”

Freya lifts the senate with her magic, as she is using her hand to float him in the air and choke him up, only using her thumb and index finger. He's struggling to breathe as the Senate watches him afloat, with Freya only looking at him with a cold stare.

“Y-yew… (you) kestard (bastard)… kah… k…kaaahhh…”

“I’m not even touching you to do this unless you wish to have your neck crushed.”

The Senate tries to catch his breath, and Sofya looks at Freya as she began to close her thumb and index finger.

“That’s enough.”

“Fine.”

The Senate member that mocks the Celestina Empire falls, coughing hard once Freya releases him. She can feel a sense of fear in his eyes. Afterward, he won’t say another word again.

“Brutti, isn’t it?”

Sofya looked at him as he nodded.

“Then, I will like to call a vote for the Senates to make a surrender to the Celestina Empire.”

Looking at his fellow Senates, he starts to make his speech.

“Is it the glory that we wanted for, or is it destruction that we will face? We’ve been constantly in the war for years, yet this Empire has given us mercy to atone and redeem ourselves! Should they act like us, we will be definitely be killed, enslaved, or even prosecuted in front of the public! They understood our strength, while we knew nothing about them! If we continue this war, they will prepare for another invasion again, one that can destroy our military for good!

I, Selenus Brutti, now open a vote to those who wish to surrender to the Celestina Empire! Once we call this vote, we will pass this to the Emperor and let him decide when to surrender! We have lost this war, and yet, His Grace still wants to fight! No! We will not sacrifice more of our families, their families, and even the Papaldia Empire's citizens! If we want to live for another day! Today is the day that we will call a vote!

Those who wish to keep fighting, please raise your right hand, and those who want to surrender, please raise your left hand.”

The Senate members are talking against each other. After the recent catastrophic defeat and the appearance of the ancient dragon, along with the Celestina Empire's power, it is clear that the Papaldia Empire will never have a chance to win even they continue to develop their technology. The Celestina Empire is delivering a clear message that they dare to use the doctrine that was used by the Papaldia Empire for ages against their own. The differences in power are already shown by how fast Celestina was able to crush almost the entire navy and two of the large military installations single-handedly.

Over a million personnel are reported dead through Operation: Terror Snatcher, with five hundred thousand personnel ground army killed, and around six hundred thousand naval personnel are killed or missing. Overall, this futile war against the Celestina Empire makes the Papaldia Empire lose a total of one million and five hundred thousand personnel in just one year, a catastrophic reduction. Replenishing them will take a generation, but it will take more time to restore the status into its former glory.

After the discussions, all of the Senates members, including one choked by Freya earlier, and Brutti, are raising their left hand. Never in the Papaldia Empire's history that no one dares to abstain or reject this proposal. The historians later wrote this decision in the history book of the Papaldia Empire as the Senates decision that will turn the Empire into one of the countries that will change their view on every country, including a country outside the civilization area.

“All of us now have made one decision. We wish to surrender before things got worse.”

“A wise choice. Please order the Emperor and all of the officials to hold a meeting here after the lunch break. You can issue a mutiny and declare those who can bring peace if he didn’t want to admit it.”


Inside the emergency meeting room, Ludius, the current Emperor of the Papaldia Empire, remains to be a hostage for Luciana. Sacchito and his team continue their talks while Jill is just watching silently, but she excuses herself to prepare lunch for them.

“You guys just don’t want to quit, do you? Or maybe we can leave your fate to the colonies that will raise their armies to fight you? You have one base left, and if we destroy it before them, what do you think?”

“Kh…!”

The scene of the Papaldia Empire’s destruction came to their mind. Their people will be attacked, raped, and even sold as slaves to the other nations that declare independence against the Papaldia Empire. Much worse is the extraterritoriality law that the Papaldia Empire always use can turn itself on them.

“You will have nowhere to run. Of course, the colonies can massacre your citizens without any worry about being prosecuted by your Empire. Let’s just say that your extraterritoriality law will not affect them since you are now on the brink of defeat. Instead, if they do raise an army and wage war on you, your side must admit their extraterritoriality.”

Sachi stood up, looking at them.

“Think of this moment wisely. Whether you choose to stick to your pride and having the Empire that you work so hard to build are destroyed or to surrender and live for a better future. If those colonies wage war on you, you don’t have a chance to win. The Celestina Empire can stop them, but only if you decide to surrender.”

He stands up, walks to Ludius, and talks to him with a threatful look.

“Unless you want Armada to go on the rampage again and destroy the entire armies that have been recalled from all colonies by the Supreme Commander to reinforce the capital’s defenses. You know, we can do that again here and now. But we choose not to do it since we will await your decision. You choose to keep resisting us, and we will crush you.”

Looks up to Armada, Sachi nods to him, signaling to leave.

“Let’s get out of here. We got what we’ve come for. Please fix the rooftop, will ya?”

Luciana kicks Ludius away as the Main Council starts to leave. Once the Main Council leaves, they are left speechless and cannot say anything.

In front of the royal palace, the guards are knocked out to sleep by Freya’s spell. Shiki is also completely reverting the banner into the Papaldia Empire before regrouping. Armada and Tiamat rejoin them once they fix the damage on the rooftop.

“Let’s get out from here, Freya.”

Mass Teleportation.”

The entire participants teleport back into the Celestina Empire’s homeland once they regroup at the front of the palace.


The Kingdom of Verlaine, dining hall, lunch break

“Sorry, I’m late.”

Shiki has just returned from the Papaldia Empire's job this morning joins Queen Rosaria and former King Daara the 19th for lunch.

“Are they frightened now?”

“The job went too well for us.”

“That’s good.”

“Is there any country that manages to contact you?”

“A lot of it.”

“Hmm…”

Shiki joins the meal with them, and after they finish their lunch, the discussion continues. The food served by the palace was a hot one since poison testing was not necessary. The one that provides the supply is from the Celestina Empire’s Royal Palace itself, and the chef staff in the palace are mixed between Celestina’s chef and Verlaine’s chef.

“What are you going to do to them?”

“I will let them strike the Empire. I heard Riem obtain a Compound Bow.”

“It’s not a Sage-class equipment, so they still need to put on some maintenances for it.”

“Is my staff a Sage-class equipment?”

“All equipment that uses Sage Ore as part of it is being classified as Sage-class equipment. The clothes you wear right now are Sage-class equipment. You don’t need to worry much about maintenance since it's one of the features. Sage-class Compound Bow is different since it can draw out more power and range, but that kind of stuff was not for sale unless you are at least at the S-class adventurer or the Celestinian Military.

You are an exception since right now, your magic power will soon be put to the test to face Tiamat if you wish to enter the S League. You’ve mastered a lot of magic without a chant or chantless magic and unlock more aptitude, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I do… How am I going to face her, considering she’s one of the Primordials?”

“Where did you get that information?”

“Shina told me.”

“Oh, jeez…”

Shiki only covers his face with both of his hands. It seems Shina doesn’t even bother to hold back when she’s telling who will be her opponent when Rosaria wants to enter S League, a nickname for those who enter an S Rank and above, with the S- Rank as a Gateway to S League.

“Shina… What have you done…”

“Dear?”

“It’s nothing…”

Sighing, Shiki is only thinking about how she is going to handle this matter. He’s worried that Tiamat may do something rough to her since Rosaria’s constitution was still weak, and she needs proper training to increase her physical strength and defenses. Her magic power, however, was different. She can enter S League within months if she can keep her pace for training her magic power.

Shiki saw Rosaria not only as his lover but also as someone who can become an Empress of Celestina if she receives the blessings of the phoenix for youth age. In a very rare case, the Emperor or Empress can remain in the seat if the entire Prime Ministers agree to keep it on the throne, and the Main Council can accept the reason.


The Papaldia Empire, After Lunch Break, Senate Hall

After the lunch break, all of the officials and Senate members are gathering at the Senate Hall. The atmosphere inside the hall was gloomy as the Senates yelled at Emperor Ludius and officials.

“They threaten us as well! Your Grace! We must surrender immediately to avoid more losses!”

“If we don’t surrender, the Celestina Empire will destroy the recalled troops and our last bastion at the north, and then the Empire can be exposed to their attack again!”

The berating talks from the Senates, one after another, put Emperor Ludius under tremendous pressure. An officer suddenly barges in, delivering urgent news.

“R-Reporting in!”

“What’s your statement to be here!”

“Citizens!! The Citizens have revolted!! They want the Empire to surrender to the Celestina Empire! Multiple reports witnessed the ancient dragons at the top of the Imperial Palace, and they don’t want to deal with it again!”

“W-what!?”

The terror that the Celestina Empire delivers to the people is bringing them to the brink of despair. They don’t want more casualties, yet only doom awaits them if they continue waging war against the Celestina Empire. How could this happen? They should have sent a diplomat in the first place, not just forcing them to admit every requirement that the Papaldia Empire demanded for.

Another officer barges in, delivering another urgent news.

“What now!? Speak!”

“A-all territories have revolted once they heard the announcements from Princess Rosaria! Our governing board can’t handle them, and some of the territories already declared independence before she broadcast the announcement! We’ve got reports that they form a Seventy-Seven Coalition Army and declare war on us! One of the information we intercept is it is most likely the Celestina Empire is going to help them take this Empire!”

“N-No!!”

“That’s impossible!!”

“Your Grace!! Please!!”

Ludius looks at one of the senate members that was looking at him. He turns his gaze to him.

“Pontifex, you’re one of the most influential members of the Senate here. Before I can ask Brutti’s opinion, I want to know if we can continue the war like this.”

Pontifex, he rubs around his neck first since he’s the one that was choked by Freya earlier. He shakes his head, much to Ludius’s surprise.

“No. It will be impossible for us to win, even if it goes to a prolonged battle. We already lost everything the moment we declare war against the Celestina Empire. They even take control of this place, stating that they utilize the art of war to humiliate us.”

“The art of war?”

“Yes. It seems they understand the philosophy and meanings behind it… Our simultaneous defeat at the Imperial Capital and the Industrial City already proves that we’re powerless to stop them.”

“Tch…!”

Ludius contains his anger. From the Papaldia Empire's entire life, he never experienced accepting this kind of humiliation. But, if Pontifex already spoke those words, probably Brutti will also say the same thing.

“Brutti, what do you think?”

Brutti shakes his head.

“We’ve already lost, and we can’t win this war. Even if we keep our troops at the colonies, if the capital falls, it is the same as a total defeat for us.”

“Ugh…!”

Resistance is meaningless, and yet the Celestina Empire can launch another attack. How did they manage the logistics in the first place? He then asks his advisor, Lupasa.

“How are we going to see if we’re dragged out into a long-term war?”

“I doubt about it. The Celestina Empire already said that they could be anywhere they want without any hesitation. Because of their statement, this led to my speculation that they do indeed have strong logistics everywhere. Even if we separate our forces, they know how to deal with it. In practice, through that threatening this morning, the Celestina Empire is preparing for another attack should we do not surrender.”

“This is…”

Ludius did not know what to do or to answer. Kyeos then speaks up, convincing him once again to surrender.

“Your Grace, please. Let’s make use of this chance to rebuild our country again to a better future. We have to surrender if we want to rebuild our Empire.”

This time, Ludius can’t argue with Kyeos. He knew that only total defeat and destruction awaited them if he stayed where he is right now.

“Please inform Miss Regal to come here. We will discuss our term of surrender…”

“Your Grace!”

The Senates applaud his decision, followed by the officials. In order to stop this rebellion, they have to summon Silvano and relay the information to the Celestina Empire.

Today, in just seven hours after the Main Council visits the Papaldia Empire, the Empire officially declares its surrender to the Celestina Empire. With the Papaldia Empire surrendering, the information soon spreads to all colonies that they have managed to regain their independence, declaring their independence from the Papaldia Empire one after another. Ultimately, all Seventy-Six countries except the Kingdom of Verlaine regain their freedom and prepared to open a diplomatic relationship with the Celestina Empire for protection and to restore their land to its former glory.

2