Chapter 3: Familiar faces
794 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went to school after running out of ideas. Honestly, I have no idea what's going on. Suddenly, some subtle things are different.

My brother and my mother say they are ugly, and that I am handsome. My father and alcohol is mind blowing. Finally, the final scene of the two hugging while watching TV.

The last time I saw the two of them being intimate in front of me, I was still a boy. My dad is very conservative, and when it comes to sexual matters, he avoids talking about it. Even a hug between the two was a rare sight, although the two love each other so much.

This morning was weird.

I was then on my way to school on my bicycle. I don't know if I'll be on time, though. I also didn't eat anything in the morning. Looking at the sky, and seeing the endless blue, I felt better. The day today is beautiful, no sign of the many clouds that I saw gather in the sky last night.

My school is not far from home, about ten minutes by bicycle. When I arrived, I saw the place empty, and I knew I hadn't arrived in time. I put my bike away and ran to school.

When I reached the corridors, I slowed down, but I kept walking fast, all the time looking around in fear of seeing a teacher.

Today I have algebra two in first class, luckily. If it were any other class, I would be concerned, since most of the teachers in this school have zero tolerance for lateness, but Miss Campbell is a sweet person, she is not hard on this kind of thing. I'm sure she won't even complain about just a few minutes.

I have a great relationship with her, even with my appearance. This great relationship is a combination of some factors. First, she is a naturally kind person and has a personality similar to my mother, so I am very good at talking to her.

Second, I am doing very well in her class, I am one of the students that she pays the most attention to. Third, and most importantly, I have a crush on her for over two years, so I always try to get along with her in the vague dream that something can happen.

Practically impossible.

Because of this, the important thing is not to be caught by any other teacher on the way to my classroom, and when I was thinking about it, I saw Miss Campbell coming out of the materials room. With a smile, I approached and asked.

"Can I help you load the books, Miss Campbell?"

After asking, I helped her close the materials room door. With several books in hand, the woman turned to me looking puzzled. When she saw me, she raised her eyebrows and said it out loud.

"What are you doing here, Ethan? You should be in class."

"I was a little late, I apologize."

I said, feeling ashamed. Although I had a good friendship with Miss Campbell, I still had a problem around her. She is 26 years old, with a gorgeous face and body. The fact that I have a crush on her condemns that our moments alone are filled with tight pants.

"I did not expect that from you. You never had any problems with that, what happened?"

"I had a family problem..."

"It doesn��t explain. I will give you a written warn and I want your parents to sign. This way, you will not only alert your parents that the family problems you had today caused you to be late, but it will also make you realize that you cannot create this bad habit. You are a great student, I can't allow you to stray from your path."

I opened my mouth in shock at that.

Where's the sweet and kind Miss Campbell? I've never seen her give a warning to anyone before. She is the least strict teacher at the school. After I recovered from the shock, I looked at her and saw her carrying the books down the hall without accepting my help.

She seemed to be in a bad mood.

"Miss Campbell, let me help you."

"I can do it myself."

She replied harshly, surprising me once again. What was happening? Why is she being so harsh?

"Are you sure? It looks heavy."

"I managed to carry it here, so I'm sure I can carry the rest of the way, thank you very much."

I was silent and wondered if I had done anything to upset her. The only thing I can think of was my delay, but I find it hard to believe that that would be the reason. I walked with her to the classroom, worried that she would fall.

Although she said she could do it alone, sometimes she almost fell to the ground. If it weren't for the walls, she would have already fallen with the books.

We turned into a corridor and entered an even longer one, but at that moment, she fell with all the books on the floor. I saw it happening, and I tried to stop it, but I was too late.

Crouching on the floor quickly, I helped gather the books together, while Miss Campbell was quietly kneeling on the floor. When I looked at her face, I saw tears coming out of her eyes and I was shocked.

What happened? Why is she crying?

I quickly finished collecting the books and turned to her with concern.

"What happened, Miss Campbell?"

With both hands on her face, she started to sob, crying softly.

How should I react to this situation? She looks well physically, I can't see any injuries. I've already collected the books. So why is she crying? I feel like the crying has nothing to do with the fall. Is it a personal problem? Did any relative die?

"Talk to me, please. I don't know what to do when a woman starts to cry."

She raised her head at the end of my words and said in a hoarse voice.

"Do you see me as a woman?"

"But of course. How would I see you?"

She seemed to relax a little at hearing my words. After sobbing a little more, and wiping tears from her eyes, she got up, picked up the books, and prepared to head for the classroom, but this time I stopped her.

"Wait, let me help you."

She shook her head vehemently and walked around me as she headed for the classroom.

"I may look like a fragile woman, but I am very strong. These books are nothing."

She seemed to be bragging about her physical strength, something that left me speechless. Why did that seem so important to her?

We arrived in the classroom a few seconds later, and as soon as we entered, the noisy classroom became quiet. In the silence, I heard some strange groans.

I was right after, entering with the teacher and I noticed the change of expression of Miss Campbell when hearing the groans.

She paled.

She paused a little in her steps, preventing me from looking into the room, but she seemed to be gathering all her strength. She took a deep breath and kept walking, giving me space to look around the room, and when I did, I was shocked.

All the familiar faces I saw looked different.

I entered the room slowly while watching the radical change in the room, trying to process the situation. With slow steps, I went to my desk, my eyes roaming the faces and bodies of each of my classmates, trying to understand what I was seeing.

The first one I focused my attention on was a guy named Gregory, everyone calls him Greg. I remember that he was a boy with a relatively ordinary appearance. He is famous in the room as he is very funny and witty. He has his own clique in the room.

I remember he was shorter than me, about 5'8'' tall. He had a lean physical body, with freckles on his face, and a military haircut. He was the type of guy who was always joking, always with a smile on his face, one of the few in my classroom who didn't disparage me because of my appearance.

He changed completely.

Now he was very fat, had long messy hair, some pimples on his face along with the freckles.

I noticed all the changes in Greg and some changes in the other students before I sat down at my desk. This time, I focused on a girl sitting behind Greg.

In my memory, Dana was the typical good-looking glasses, nerd girl. She always wore her brown hair in a ponytail, wide dark glasses in her beautiful brown eyes. Usually, she wore dull clothes, like a plain shirt and jeans.

Most people don't notice it very much, but whoever sees her daily knows that, behind that simplicity, there was a beautiful girl with C-size breasts. Many guys in the room are watching her, including me.

I didn't have much hope of getting a girlfriend before having the surgery, but Dana is one of the few girls that I still think "maybe", as she seems to have low self-esteem regarding her appearance by the way she uses her simple clothes.

In my opinion, if she dressed well, she would be a serious competitor to the most beautiful in the class, perhaps capable of competing with Lydia.

Dana looked completely different now.

She was incredibly thin, her arms were like bones, full of hair. Her face was dark with dark circles, she was slightly sweaty, she wore a horrible pair of glasses, and a few pimples on her face that looked ready to pop at any moment.

She was wearing the same ordinary plain clothes, a flat sleeveless shirt, and jeans, but from time to time she raised her arms and I could see the long hair in her armpits.

13