000. Teaser
161 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thomas and Kate are in love with each other. To get his mother's consent and blessing for their wedding, they have to visit a fortune teller living in the mountains near Rock Tomb village far away from their city as a tradition running in the family. 

Departing from their city early in the morning, they arrive at the village late in the evening. From there, they walk for an hour or two deep into the woods and across the hills before they reach the fortune teller's hut. 

After they greet him, he provides them with some fruits to eat and some water to drink, seeing them exhausted before he asks them to sit down on the mat with him. 

"Fame and riches?" Thomas asks him, extending his hand and showing his palm. 

"Soon." he replies. 

"You hear that?!" Thomas says to Kate, grinning. 

"When will we become a couple?" Tom asks him. 

"Very soon." he replies. 

They both smile, brimming with happiness, holding arms. 

"Wanna try it?" Thomas says to Kate. 

"No, I'm fine!" Kate replies uncomfortably. 

"Come on, it will be fun!" Thomas asks Kate.

"No, really, I don't want to!" Kate replies feeling uneasy.

"Alright!" Thomas says to Kate. 

"What about our married life?" Thomas asks him.

"Disastrous." he replies. 

"Ouch, old timer! That's really a damn insensitive phrase to say to people on their faces! You know that?!" Thomas says to him. 

"Why don't you foresee it again real careful, eh, old man?" Thomas asks him. 

"No matter how many times I foresee, fate won't change! Not for me! Not for anyone! It's the hard truth we must accept and embrace, my child." the fortune teller says to Thomas. 

Listening to that, Kate gets upset and walks out of the house. Thomas goes after her and consoles her by taking her into his arms.

After that, they both leave from there to the village.

"Shit! I can't find my phone! I must've left it there and forgot!" Kate says to Thomas halfway to the village. 

"What?! How careless can you be, eh?! I'm not going with you all the way back to there! My legs are killing me! You go on and get it, tigress! I'll wait for you at the village!" Thomas shouts at Kate and continues his tedious walk to the village alone while Kate goes back to the fortune teller's hut for her phone. 

While Thomas reaches the village, Kate arrives at his hut and sees him meditating inside.

"Sorry to bother you, sir, but I think I forgot my phone inside!" Kate says to him, standing outside. 

"He isn't here. You don't have to act naive. Do what you came here to do." the fortune teller says to kate, meditating, without moving a muscle. 

"Why didn't you run for your life?!" Kate asks him, smiling sinisterly. 

"This is my fate. I can't run from it. No one can. Not even you. Get out of his life before the darkness inside you consumes the people he cares about." he warns Kate. 

"I love him and I want to be with him. Why can't you people see it?!" Why?! Why do you make me do bad things?! He likes me good so let's all just keep it at that, shall we?!" Kate stammers while she closes the door from the outside, locking the fortune teller in.

"Looks like you forget something!" the fortune teller yells from the inside. 

"What are you talking about?!" Kate asks, clueless. 

"What do you suppose to do to me?! Lock me in and wait till I run out of air in here?!" he asks. 

"That's ridiculous! Why would I do that?! It's very boring and takes a lot of time which I don't have right now!" Kate says annoyed, "shit! I came here to kill you but I didn't think of a plan to do it! What do I do now?!"

"Don't worry, my child! I stocked many bottles of alcohol for this special occasion." he says. 

"You drink alcohol?! I can't believe it?! You're supposed to be all goody two shoes, right?" Kate says, surprised. 

"They are for you, you idiotic woman! You're supposed to light my hut up with them!" he shouts out loud from inside. 

"Sorry! My bad! Thanks for your cooperation though! It's so good knowing you!" Kate says, going into the hut and finding those bottles before she clears her throat, asking, "I can't find the matchbox anywhere!"

"You're standing on it!" he says without actually seeing, deep in his medication. 

"Oh!" Kate moves her foot and finds the matchbox all crushed on the ground. 

"Now get out and get on with it already!" he shouts, frightening her out of the hut.

Closing the door from the outside and spritzing alcohol all over and around the hut, she sets the fortune teller's hut on fire.

"Disastrous, you said?! Speak for yourself!" Kate leaves from there, muttering to herself while he gets burned alive along with his hut, screaming and shouting in agony. 

When all this is happening, Thomas has been quarreling with the bus driver to wait for Kate and succeeds at last when Kate arrives there and they both get onboard.

"Hey! Don't worry about what he said! I can tell just by looking at him that he is all talk and no game!" Thomas tries to comfort Kate with his words. 

"Your mom definitely won't agree to our wedding once she knows what the fortune teller said!" Kate says, sulking. 

"Who's gonna tell her? You?!" Thomas giggles embracing Kate. 

to be continued...

5