Ch 1: The Trash
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Whaaa!!!!!', I screamed as I fell down my bed with a violent thump.

It felt like my heart stopped, my breathing was erratic, and I was sweating profusely. I touched my face, my teeth, and my nails and sighed in relief.

'So, it was a nightmare, huh'

I just woke up from my worst nightmare ever. My nails were pulled out, my ears were cut and my teeth were broken. I don't really remember what was the reason for all these terrible things to happen. Dreams are like that after all. What I remembered though was the terror, the terror I faced in this nightmare.

'Shivank, you awake?? Brush your teeth quickly and come to eat breakfast. You shouldn't make a habit of missing it.'

'Yeah mom, I will be ready in a jiffy.' 

I don't know why but I felt a bit depressed. I got up from the bed and went to my table. There were a lot of notebooks scattered on the table. The table was in a terrible state, to put it mildly. The table was scratched all over. There were crumbled pages on the table. The notebooks were torn up. I gathered the required notebooks and put them in my bag. I saw a key in my bag. What is it for? I saw a keyhole in the table and so I just tried to insert the key into the hole and it actually opened!!!

'Shivank!! Get up. Else you will miss breakfast today too.'

'I am already getting ready. Brushing my teeth.' I lied as easily as it gets. I opened the drawer, and there was a notebook in it. [I AM THE WORST] was written on top of one of the notebooks. It's odd, I can't remember anything about it though. I was just about to open it when I heard the sound of footsteps. I hurriedly put that notebook in my bag, closed the drawer and started brushing my teeth.

I got ready and went to eat breakfast.

'What is the breakfast today?', I asked.

'Poha... now come and eat quickly', replied my Mom.

'Poha? Again?? Mom, make something more delicious.'

'Huh, but you asked me to make Poha yesterday.', she said in a sweet motherly voice.

'Hmmm, I did? Can't remember though. Well anyway, I have eaten my share, I am off to school.' I was in no mood to eat anything and just wanted to read that diary.

'If you keep eating so less, you will grow up terribly.', mother nagged me. I ignored her rambling and just kept going.

'Ahh, you are ignoring me again.' She resigned. 'Anyway, your cycle has been repaired, it's in the garage.'

'Okay Mom, love you. I am off.'

'Don't go very fast okay. Take care.'

I rode the cycle out of my house to the school..... when it suddenly hits me, where is my school?

1