Chapter 21
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several hours later, Kayla woke up with Carl’s arm draped over her. Warm and content, she cuddled up next to him and watched him sleep. He normally kept his dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, but it fell loose around his face while he slept. She definitely preferred it down. Part of her was surprised he’d stayed, but she was secretly pleased. He looks so relaxed and peaceful. She lightly traced her fingers along the contours of his face.

His brown eyes opened, and she offered him a smile. He pulled her closer, and she kissed his neck, teasing the sensitive areas with her tongue. She felt him shiver, and she hid a smile against his skin, loving the effect she had on him.

Continuing to kiss his neck, she moved down toward his chest, taking her time to tease him along the way with small flicks of her tongue. Seeming impatient, his hands found her waist, and he pulled her on top of him. His voice was husky in her ear. “Your kisses are driving me crazy.”

Resisting the urge to smirk, Kayla continued her tactile exploration with her hands and lips. He’d been driving her crazy since the moment she’d met him. If she could return the favor through sensual torture, she’d somehow manage to suffer through it. Especially if the benefits were as delicious as the previous night.

Shifting so she was straddling him, Kayla ran her fingers down the course of his firm chest, delighting in his reaction. As though unable to help himself, Carl reached up to cup her breasts, rubbing his thumbs against the hardened buds. When he sat up to take one of her nipples into his mouth, the pull went straight to her core. All reasoned thought deserted her, and she ran her fingers through his hair, pulling him close to her. To hell with sensual torture. She wanted this man, now as much as ever.

Carl’s commlink flashed and beeped, interrupting them. Kayla felt a moment of annoyance but ignored the call, going back to kissing his shoulder. She ran her hands down his muscular arms, and he cursed when the commlink beeped again. Reaching over and glancing at the communication device, he hit the button to enable audio. “What is it?”

Cruncher’s voice came over the com. “Sorry to bother you this early, Boss, but we’ve got two riders approaching.”

“Thanks.” He cut off the call with a sigh.

Kayla sat back. “You have to go?”

He cupped her face and kissed her deeply. She melted into his embrace, disappointed when he pulled away.

“I can’t tell you how much I wish I didn’t, but Cruncher wouldn’t have called me if it wasn’t important.”

She slid off his lap. He stood and grabbed his clothes off the floor.

“Do you know who it is?”

Pulling on his clothes, Carl tied his hair back from his face. “I’m not sure, but I suspect it’s the representatives from OmniLab.”

Kayla groaned. “So the impressive Omnis actually decided to come down from their lofty towers and slum it with the rest of us.”

He held out his hand for her and helped her up. Pulling her close once more, he lowered his mouth to hers. “I’d rather be here right now than anywhere near those lofty towers.”

Her stomach fluttered at his words, and she smiled at him. Grabbing her shirt off the floor, she pulled it over her head. “I’m going to go take a nice long shower and think about all the things I want to do to you when I get you alone again.”

Carl stared at her with a mournful expression. “You’re an evil and cruel woman, Kayla.”

Kayla laughed and pulled on her shorts. “Go take care of your guests. I’ll see you a bit later.”

2